Chat Forum
It is currently Sun Dec 08, 2019 5:04 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1618 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 ... 41  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Currie Cup 2019
PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2019 4:00 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 7054
Lads,

just want to say that as a neutral how much I enjoyed the Lions/Cheetahs game last weekend. Cracking game played with great speed and skill. A little more "loose" than i'd like if I was coaching either team but brilliant to watch.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Currie Cup 2019
PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2019 4:01 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 26135
Location: Chickenrunning...
Liathroidigloine wrote:
Lads,

just want to say that as a neutral how much I enjoyed the Lions/Cheetahs game last weekend. Cracking game played with great speed and skill. A little more "loose" than i'd like if I was coaching either team but brilliant to watch.


Basketball rugby is alive and well in the Republic. :)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Currie Cup 2019
PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2019 4:20 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 14428
Thread WeePeed. x(


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Currie Cup 2019
PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2019 5:18 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 14428
Quote:
JOHANNESBURG – Will he or won’t he?

That is the big question around Lions No 8 Warren Whiteley playing against the Blue Bulls in a round five Currie Cup match at Ellis Park this weekend.


Whiteley’s name did not appear on a list of injured players sent out by the Lions yesterday afternoon, but that does not necessarily mean he is fit and ready to play again. The loose-forward has struggled with injuries this year but his name has hardly ever appeared on an injury list - whether as being available to play, or not.

The inspirational leader had targeted this weekend’s match as his possible comeback game after spending several weeks on the sidelines with a knee injury, in an effort to prove his fitness ahead of the Rugby World Cup squad announcement later this month.

Whiteley said a few weeks ago he hoped to be fit to play against the Bulls and then also, hopefully, for the Boks in next week’s Test against Argentina at Loftus Versfeld.
It has been learned though that Whiteley may not be ready to return to action - unlike his Western Province loose-forward counterpart, Siya Kolisi, who seems to be healed after his knee injury and is set to play this Friday evening.
Whiteley has had a difficult year with injuries.

His first setback this year (a pectoral muscle injury) came in round two of the Super Rugby competition, which ruled him out for several weeks, but he returned at the midway point to lead the side to a famous win against the Chiefs in New Zealand.

He, however, picked up a knee problem in that game, which again resulted in him being sidelined, but played again against the Waratahs in May. His knee problem flared up, however, and he has been sidelined ever since.

The loose-forward is almost sure to make the call around his fitness and readiness himself later this week.

Subscribe to the IOL Sport Newsletter!

Also still unavailable for the Lions, who have three wins from three games in this year’s Currie Cup, are experienced campaigners Cyle Brink, Courtnall Skosan and Dylan Smith. They’re all expected back in action in three to four weeks’ time, which would be in the play-offs, if the Lions went that far.

Also sidelined are centres Wayne van der Bank and Jan-Louis la Grange and prop Jacobie Adriaanse.

Coach Ivan van Rooyen will therefore be looking for a new centre partner for Wandisile Simelane, with Manuel Rass, who replaced La Grange in the match against the Cheetahs last Friday, the favourite to don the No 12 jersey this weekend.


I think that it is the end of the road for WW. Pity as he is an excellent player and leader.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Currie Cup 2019
PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2019 5:26 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 20438
Location: Stellenbosch
saffer13 wrote:
OomPB wrote:
saffer13 wrote:
Good work Dobson. Now with Leyds leaving, Curwin can move to the better coast and play 15 with Damien at 10. :thumbup:

He and Herschel Jantjies is the Springbok future skakelpaar. I have said this since 2014.

9. Jantjies
10. Willemse
11. Senatla
12. Dan duP
13. We need a 13
14. Sergeal
15. With Leyds gone we need a quality replacement

Looks promising :thumbup:
Rikus
Prinsloo will move up from the u21s. Whatta a talent he is.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Currie Cup 2019
PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2019 5:59 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 14428
Quote:
CAPE TOWN – If Western Province’s Currie Cup game against the Pumas needed any hyping up, the fact that Siya Kolisi will make his return at Newlands on Friday would do just that.

The Springbok captain has been out since May after suffering a knee injury towards the end of the Stormers’ Super Rugby campaign, and he has been training with Province for the last three weeks.


While their game against the Pumas will be WP’s least glamorous one of the season, it will be a key one for them as they need to get it right in every game from here on as the second half of the competition approaches.

WP coach John Dobson yesterday confirmed that Kolisi - who looked up for it during yesterday’s training session - would play in their crunch match on Friday.

“Siya is fit to play. We’ll have to see, but now our plan with Siya is to start him. He will give the team a lot of confidence, and that’s the one thing the team needs.”

WP had a bye following their defeats to the Sharks and Golden Lions, and Dobson added that Kolisi’s presence alone will be a great addition to the team.

“When you lose a game, no matter you have deserved to win it, the change-room is like a mortuary afterwards. Just his presence will make a big difference,” Dobson said. “A lot of guys would see coming back to the Currie Cup as a downgrade, but not Siya. He’s been absolutely great.”
Dobson confirmed that SP Marais and Jean-Luc du Plessis are available for the Pumas game, although Marais will be held back for the Griquas game next week. Damian Willemse will be back for WP’s last regular-season game against the Cheetahs.

Dobson was confident that the team have addressed their issues of the last three matches.

“There’s a sense of frustration because we’ve underachieved, but we know if we get 15 (points) from the next three games we’ll be very well-positioned.




Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Currie Cup 2019
PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2019 6:01 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 14428
Chilli wrote:
Quote:
CAPE TOWN – If Western Province’s Currie Cup game against the Pumas needed any hyping up, the fact that Siya Kolisi will make his return at Newlands on Friday would do just that.

The Springbok captain has been out since May after suffering a knee injury towards the end of the Stormers’ Super Rugby campaign, and he has been training with Province for the last three weeks.


While their game against the Pumas will be WP’s least glamorous one of the season, it will be a key one for them as they need to get it right in every game from here on as the second half of the competition approaches.

WP coach John Dobson yesterday confirmed that Kolisi - who looked up for it during yesterday’s training session - would play in their crunch match on Friday.

“Siya is fit to play. We’ll have to see, but now our plan with Siya is to start him. He will give the team a lot of confidence, and that’s the one thing the team needs.”

WP had a bye following their defeats to the Sharks and Golden Lions, and Dobson added that Kolisi’s presence alone will be a great addition to the team.

“When you lose a game, no matter you have deserved to win it, the change-room is like a mortuary afterwards. Just his presence will make a big difference,” Dobson said. “A lot of guys would see coming back to the Currie Cup as a downgrade, but not Siya. He’s been absolutely great.”
Dobson confirmed that SP Marais and Jean-Luc du Plessis are available for the Pumas game, although Marais will be held back for the Griquas game next week. Damian Willemse will be back for WP’s last regular-season game against the Cheetahs.

Dobson was confident that the team have addressed their issues of the last three matches.

“There’s a sense of frustration because we’ve underachieved, but we know if we get 15 (points) from the next three games we’ll be very well-positioned.



Great to see the Springbok captain back in action.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Currie Cup 2019
PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2019 6:08 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 20438
Location: Stellenbosch
Chilli wrote:
Chilli wrote:
Quote:
CAPE TOWN – If Western Province’s Currie Cup game against the Pumas needed any hyping up, the fact that Siya Kolisi will make his return at Newlands on Friday would do just that.

The Springbok captain has been out since May after suffering a knee injury towards the end of the Stormers’ Super Rugby campaign, and he has been training with Province for the last three weeks.


While their game against the Pumas will be WP’s least glamorous one of the season, it will be a key one for them as they need to get it right in every game from here on as the second half of the competition approaches.

WP coach John Dobson yesterday confirmed that Kolisi - who looked up for it during yesterday’s training session - would play in their crunch match on Friday.

“Siya is fit to play. We’ll have to see, but now our plan with Siya is to start him. He will give the team a lot of confidence, and that’s the one thing the team needs.”

WP had a bye following their defeats to the Sharks and Golden Lions, and Dobson added that Kolisi’s presence alone will be a great addition to the team.

“When you lose a game, no matter you have deserved to win it, the change-room is like a mortuary afterwards. Just his presence will make a big difference,” Dobson said. “A lot of guys would see coming back to the Currie Cup as a downgrade, but not Siya. He’s been absolutely great.”
Dobson confirmed that SP Marais and Jean-Luc du Plessis are available for the Pumas game, although Marais will be held back for the Griquas game next week. Damian Willemse will be back for WP’s last regular-season game against the Cheetahs.

Dobson was confident that the team have addressed their issues of the last three matches.

“There’s a sense of frustration because we’ve underachieved, but we know if we get 15 (points) from the next three games we’ll be very well-positioned.



Great to see the Springbok captain back in action.

You are waiting space with all this double postings. :nod:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Currie Cup 2019
PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2019 6:53 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 24814
OomPB wrote:
saffer13 wrote:
OomPB wrote:
saffer13 wrote:
Good work Dobson. Now with Leyds leaving, Curwin can move to the better coast and play 15 with Damien at 10. :thumbup:

He and Herschel Jantjies is the Springbok future skakelpaar. I have said this since 2014.

9. Jantjies
10. Willemse
11. Senatla
12. Dan duP
13. We need a 13
14. Sergeal
15. With Leyds gone we need a quality replacement

Looks promising :thumbup:
Rikus
Prinsloo will move up from the u21s. Whatta a talent he is.

Is he the Junior Bok oke? Looked promising...


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Currie Cup 2019
PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2019 6:54 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 20438
Location: Stellenbosch
Yes, poached from Grey College.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Currie Cup 2019
PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2019 8:40 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 24814
OomPB wrote:
Yes, poached from Grey College.

Good. Him and Dan duP in the midfield then :thumbup:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Currie Cup 2019
PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2019 11:53 am 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 22628
Bulls – 15 Divan Rossouw, 14 Cornal Hendricks, 13 Johnny Kotze, 12 Dylan Sage, 11 Rosko Specman, 10 Manie Libbok, 9 Ivan van Zyl (c), 8 Tim Agaba, 7 Wian Vosloo, 6 Fred Eksteen, 5 Ruan Nortje, 4 Andries Ferreira, 3 Wiehahn Herbst, 2 Johan Grobbelaar, 1 Dayan van der Westhuizen.
Subs: 16 Jaco Visagie, 17 Madot Mabokela, 18 Conraad van Vuuren, 19 Adre Smith, 20 Jean Droste, 21 Embrose Papier, 22 Marnitz Boshoff, 23 Stedman Gans.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Currie Cup 2019
PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2019 12:27 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 20438
Location: Stellenbosch
I cant figure out the Bulls. On paper they are very strong. If they click they can still win the CC.

Been a big fan of Specman maar hy het soveel kak aangejaag laasweek, dis nie eens snaaks nie.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Currie Cup 2019
PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2019 1:24 pm 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 22628
Western Province: 15 Dillyn Leyds, 14 Sergeal Petersen, 13 Ruhan Nel, 12 Dan Kriel, 11 Seabelo Senatla, 10 Josh Stander, 9 Justin Phillips, 8 Sikhumbuzo Notshe, 7 Ernst van Rhyn, 6 Siya Kolisi, 5 JD Schickerling, 4 Chris van Zyl (captain), 3 Wilco Louw, 2 Scarra Ntubeni, 1 Corne Fourie
Substitutes: 16 Chad Solomon, 17 Kwenzo Blose, 18 Neethling Fouche, 19 Salmaan Moerat, 20 Nama Xaba, 21 Godlen Masimla, 22 Jean-Luc du Plessis, 23 Edwill van der Merwe


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Currie Cup 2019
PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2019 1:31 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 20438
Location: Stellenbosch
Jensrsa wrote:
Western Province: 15 Dillyn Leyds, 14 Sergeal Petersen, 13 Ruhan Nel, 12 Dan Kriel, 11 Seabelo Senatla, 10 Josh Stander, 9 Justin Phillips, 8 Sikhumbuzo Notshe, 7 Ernst van Rhyn, 6 Siya Kolisi, 5 JD Schickerling, 4 Chris van Zyl (captain), 3 Wilco Louw, 2 Scarra Ntubeni, 1 Corne Fourie
Substitutes: 16 Chad Solomon, 17 Kwenzo Blose, 18 Neethling Fouche, 19 Salmaan Moerat, 20 Nama Xaba, 21 Godlen Masimla, 22 Jean-Luc du Plessis, 23 Edwill van der Merwe

The best we have at the moment. The vokken Prince is back. :(


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Currie Cup 2019
PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2019 1:36 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 14428
OomPB wrote:
Jensrsa wrote:
Western Province: 15 Dillyn Leyds, 14 Sergeal Petersen, 13 Ruhan Nel, 12 Dan Kriel, 11 Seabelo Senatla, 10 Josh Stander, 9 Justin Phillips, 8 Sikhumbuzo Notshe, 7 Ernst van Rhyn, 6 Siya Kolisi, 5 JD Schickerling, 4 Chris van Zyl (captain), 3 Wilco Louw, 2 Scarra Ntubeni, 1 Corne Fourie
Substitutes: 16 Chad Solomon, 17 Kwenzo Blose, 18 Neethling Fouche, 19 Salmaan Moerat, 20 Nama Xaba, 21 Godlen Masimla, 22 Jean-Luc du Plessis, 23 Edwill van der Merwe

The best we have at the moment. The vokken Prince is back. :(

You will still win by 50


Last edited by Chilli on Wed Aug 07, 2019 5:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Currie Cup 2019
PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2019 1:39 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 20438
Location: Stellenbosch
Chilli wrote:
OomPB wrote:
Jensrsa wrote:
Western Province: 15 Dillyn Leyds, 14 Sergeal Petersen, 13 Ruhan Nel, 12 Dan Kriel, 11 Seabelo Senatla, 10 Josh Stander, 9 Justin Phillips, 8 Sikhumbuzo Notshe, 7 Ernst van Rhyn, 6 Siya Kolisi, 5 JD Schickerling, 4 Chris van Zyl (captain), 3 Wilco Louw, 2 Scarra Ntubeni, 1 Corne Fourie
Substitutes: 16 Chad Solomon, 17 Kwenzo Blose, 18 Neethling Fouche, 19 Salmaan Moerat, 20 Nama Xaba, 21 Godlen Masimla, 22 Jean-Luc du Plessis, 23 Edwill van der Merwe

The best we have at the moment. The vokken Prince is back. :(

You will sill win by 50

The Pumas beat the Sharks, they have to be very strong.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Currie Cup 2019
PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2019 3:18 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 14428
OomPB wrote:
Chilli wrote:
OomPB wrote:
Jensrsa wrote:
Western Province: 15 Dillyn Leyds, 14 Sergeal Petersen, 13 Ruhan Nel, 12 Dan Kriel, 11 Seabelo Senatla, 10 Josh Stander, 9 Justin Phillips, 8 Sikhumbuzo Notshe, 7 Ernst van Rhyn, 6 Siya Kolisi, 5 JD Schickerling, 4 Chris van Zyl (captain), 3 Wilco Louw, 2 Scarra Ntubeni, 1 Corne Fourie
Substitutes: 16 Chad Solomon, 17 Kwenzo Blose, 18 Neethling Fouche, 19 Salmaan Moerat, 20 Nama Xaba, 21 Godlen Masimla, 22 Jean-Luc du Plessis, 23 Edwill van der Merwe

The best we have at the moment. The vokken Prince is back. :(

You will sill win by 50

The Pumas beat the Sharks, they have to be very strong.

WP at home in front of 30 000 rabid supporters?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Currie Cup 2019
PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2019 5:28 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 20438
Location: Stellenbosch
Chilli wrote:
OomPB wrote:
Chilli wrote:
OomPB wrote:
Jensrsa wrote:
Western Province: 15 Dillyn Leyds, 14 Sergeal Petersen, 13 Ruhan Nel, 12 Dan Kriel, 11 Seabelo Senatla, 10 Josh Stander, 9 Justin Phillips, 8 Sikhumbuzo Notshe, 7 Ernst van Rhyn, 6 Siya Kolisi, 5 JD Schickerling, 4 Chris van Zyl (captain), 3 Wilco Louw, 2 Scarra Ntubeni, 1 Corne Fourie
Substitutes: 16 Chad Solomon, 17 Kwenzo Blose, 18 Neethling Fouche, 19 Salmaan Moerat, 20 Nama Xaba, 21 Godlen Masimla, 22 Jean-Luc du Plessis, 23 Edwill van der Merwe

The best we have at the moment. The vokken Prince is back. :(

You will sill win by 50

The Pumas beat the Sharks, they have to be very strong.

WP at home in front of 30 000 rabid supporters?

It did not help against the Lions which was very lucky to beat the Pumas at Ellispark.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Currie Cup 2019
PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2019 8:03 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 7575
Puma wrote:
Blake wrote:
Average Joe wrote:
Imagine the Bulls being relegated to 1st div. A union with such pedigree reduced to playing with the no name teams.


I wonder how the promotion/relegation is going to play out. At the moment the Jaguares XV are dominating the First Division, but as Puma has pointed out, their agreement doesn't allow for them to get promoted until 2021, so if the Bulls finish last and the Jaguares XV finish first, are they just going to play the match with no consequences? Or will the last team in the Prem Div play the second last in the First Div? :?


Is that so? So far that's only a rumour circulating over here. There's no official word out yet...

UPDATE: Still no official word from UAR, but a local journalist that is very well informed (and is generally considered as an insider) has published that Jaguares XV can't get promoted this year, so it might very well be considered a "quasi official" confirmation.

I have doubts about that
Imagine them winning a historic domestic competition as the CC, unprecedented situation worldwide I'm sure


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Currie Cup 2019
PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2019 9:06 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 3846
Cartman wrote:
Puma wrote:
Blake wrote:
Average Joe wrote:
Imagine the Bulls being relegated to 1st div. A union with such pedigree reduced to playing with the no name teams.


I wonder how the promotion/relegation is going to play out. At the moment the Jaguares XV are dominating the First Division, but as Puma has pointed out, their agreement doesn't allow for them to get promoted until 2021, so if the Bulls finish last and the Jaguares XV finish first, are they just going to play the match with no consequences? Or will the last team in the Prem Div play the second last in the First Div? :?


Is that so? So far that's only a rumour circulating over here. There's no official word out yet...

UPDATE: Still no official word from UAR, but a local journalist that is very well informed (and is generally considered as an insider) has published that Jaguares XV can't get promoted this year, so it might very well be considered a "quasi official" confirmation.

I have doubts about that
Imagine them winning a historic domestic competition as the CC, unprecedented situation worldwide I'm sure


Since UAR has always stted its intention to use this competition as a developement / competition platform for the tier of players below test level, a reachable middle ground would be to exclude Argentina XV from playing finals rugby (any elimination level) in the hypotetical case they qualify at Premier Div... it would give UAR a sterner test while preserving the CC title as an exclusively SA affair.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Currie Cup 2019
PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2019 2:14 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 24814
OomPB wrote:
Jensrsa wrote:
Western Province: 15 Dillyn Leyds, 14 Sergeal Petersen, 13 Ruhan Nel, 12 Dan Kriel, 11 Seabelo Senatla, 10 Josh Stander, 9 Justin Phillips, 8 Sikhumbuzo Notshe, 7 Ernst van Rhyn, 6 Siya Kolisi, 5 JD Schickerling, 4 Chris van Zyl (captain), 3 Wilco Louw, 2 Scarra Ntubeni, 1 Corne Fourie
Substitutes: 16 Chad Solomon, 17 Kwenzo Blose, 18 Neethling Fouche, 19 Salmaan Moerat, 20 Nama Xaba, 21 Godlen Masimla, 22 Jean-Luc du Plessis, 23 Edwill van der Merwe

The best we have at the moment. The vokken Prince is back. :(

Forget about him, bliksemse Phillips is back :x


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Currie Cup 2019
PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2019 2:15 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 24814
Chilli wrote:
OomPB wrote:
Chilli wrote:
OomPB wrote:
Jensrsa wrote:
Western Province: 15 Dillyn Leyds, 14 Sergeal Petersen, 13 Ruhan Nel, 12 Dan Kriel, 11 Seabelo Senatla, 10 Josh Stander, 9 Justin Phillips, 8 Sikhumbuzo Notshe, 7 Ernst van Rhyn, 6 Siya Kolisi, 5 JD Schickerling, 4 Chris van Zyl (captain), 3 Wilco Louw, 2 Scarra Ntubeni, 1 Corne Fourie
Substitutes: 16 Chad Solomon, 17 Kwenzo Blose, 18 Neethling Fouche, 19 Salmaan Moerat, 20 Nama Xaba, 21 Godlen Masimla, 22 Jean-Luc du Plessis, 23 Edwill van der Merwe

The best we have at the moment. The vokken Prince is back. :(

You will sill win by 50

The Pumas beat the Sharks, they have to be very strong.

WP at home in front of 30 000 rabid supporters?

chilli still trolling I see.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Currie Cup 2019
PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2019 7:47 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 14428
OomPB wrote:
WP at home in front of 30 000 rabid supporters?

It did not help against the Lions which was very lucky to beat the Pumas at Ellispark.[/quote]
There were 30 000 rabid fans at that game? :shock: :shock:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Currie Cup 2019
PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2019 8:01 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 1290
Surprised to see Nama Xaba on the bench. He is a huge talent but has only recently come back from injury and played 30 minutes of club rugby this past Saturday and was bandaged up to the hilt and did not seem to be at 100% mobility. I hope they are not pushing this youngster - Dobbo was at the game and must be sure he is ok.....

A much more mobile pack and I expect us to play a running game and to pull off a decent win


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Currie Cup 2019
PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2019 8:13 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 14428
saffer13 wrote:
chilli still trolling I see.


So you don't expect a WP win? :roll:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Currie Cup 2019
PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2019 11:02 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 14428
Quote:
Cape Town - Western Province coach John Dobson has lauded the input of Springbok captain Siya Kolisi as the Capetonians prepare for an important Currie Cup encounter against the Pumas at Newlands on Friday.

Kolisi starts at flank in this must-win encounter and makes a welcome return after a troublesome knee injury.

WP have lost their last two matches - 32-27 to the Sharks in Durban and 30-28 to the Golden Lions in Cape Town - and Dobson said Kolisi's presence has been a major boost.

"Siya has given the team confidence at a time where it was lacking after two defeats. He's been with us for the past three weeks and has been unbelievably professional with his hard work on the training field, insights and support," Dobson told Netwerk24.

"It's impressive to see him buy in on an emotional level. He clearly doesn't just view this match as a step back to the top (Springboks). He is eager to win."

Kolisi will earn his 30th Western Province cap in his first game since 2014, in a match that kicks off at 15:00 on Women's Day.

As a result JD Schickerling moves to lock, with Salmaan Moerat set to make an impact in the second half and Ernst van Rhyn at blindside flank, while Wilco Louw is back in the starting line-up at tighthead prop.

In the backline, Justin Phillips is at scrumhalf, with Sergeal Petersen making his first start of the season on the wing.

There is a potential Currie Cup debut for loose forward Nama Xaba from the bench, with prop Neethling Fouche getting his first opportunity of the campaign and flyhalf Jean-Luc du Plessis back among the replacements.


Probably because it is his level.....................


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Currie Cup 2019
PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2019 11:05 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 14428
Sharks

15 Aphelele Fassi, 14 Kobus van Wyk, 13 JP Pietersen, 12 Jeremy Ward (co-captain), 11 Lwazi Mvovo, 10 Curwin Bosch, 9 Sanele Nohamba, 8 Tera Mtembu (co-captain), 7 Jacques Vermeulen, 6 Phepsi Buthelezi, 5 Hyron Andrews, 4 Ruben van Heerden, 3 Coenie Oosthuizen, 2 Kerron van Vuuren, 1 Mzamo Majola

Substitutes: 16 Craig Burden, 17 Juan Schoeman, 18 John-Hubert Meyer, 19 Gideon Koegelenberg, 20 Evan Roos, 21 Cameron Wright, 22 Marius Louw, 23 Rhyno Smith


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Currie Cup 2019
PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2019 11:33 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 24814
Chilli wrote:
Quote:
Cape Town - Western Province coach John Dobson has lauded the input of Springbok captain Siya Kolisi as the Capetonians prepare for an important Currie Cup encounter against the Pumas at Newlands on Friday.

Kolisi starts at flank in this must-win encounter and makes a welcome return after a troublesome knee injury.

WP have lost their last two matches - 32-27 to the Sharks in Durban and 30-28 to the Golden Lions in Cape Town - and Dobson said Kolisi's presence has been a major boost.

"Siya has given the team confidence at a time where it was lacking after two defeats. He's been with us for the past three weeks and has been unbelievably professional with his hard work on the training field, insights and support," Dobson told Netwerk24.

"It's impressive to see him buy in on an emotional level. He clearly doesn't just view this match as a step back to the top (Springboks). He is eager to win."

Kolisi will earn his 30th Western Province cap in his first game since 2014, in a match that kicks off at 15:00 on Women's Day.

As a result JD Schickerling moves to lock, with Salmaan Moerat set to make an impact in the second half and Ernst van Rhyn at blindside flank, while Wilco Louw is back in the starting line-up at tighthead prop.

In the backline, Justin Phillips is at scrumhalf, with Sergeal Petersen making his first start of the season on the wing.

There is a potential Currie Cup debut for loose forward Nama Xaba from the bench, with prop Neethling Fouche getting his first opportunity of the campaign and flyhalf Jean-Luc du Plessis back among the replacements.


Probably because it is his level.....................

Your infatuation with Kolisi is getting tiresome :yawn:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Currie Cup 2019
PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2019 12:10 pm 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 22628
Lions: 15 Tyrone Green; 14 Madosh Tambwe, 13 Wandisile Simelane, 12 Eddie Fouché, 11 Stean Pienaar; 10 Shaun Reynolds, 9 Ross Cronjé (c), 8 Hacjivah Dayimani, 7 Len Massyn, 6 Marnus Schoeman, 5 Reinhard Nothnagel, 4 Ruben Schoeman, 3 Johannes Jonker, 2 Pieter Jansen, 1 Sti Sithole. Reserwes: 16 Jan-Henning Campher, 17 Leo Kruger, 18 Chergin Fillies, 19 Rhyno Herbst, 20 Vincent Tshituka, 21 James Venter, 22 Dillon Smit, 23 Duncan Matthews.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Currie Cup 2019
PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2019 1:19 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 1290
Chilli wrote:
Quote:
Cape Town - Western Province coach John Dobson has lauded the input of Springbok captain Siya Kolisi as the Capetonians prepare for an important Currie Cup encounter against the Pumas at Newlands on Friday.

Kolisi starts at flank in this must-win encounter and makes a welcome return after a troublesome knee injury.

WP have lost their last two matches - 32-27 to the Sharks in Durban and 30-28 to the Golden Lions in Cape Town - and Dobson said Kolisi's presence has been a major boost.

"Siya has given the team confidence at a time where it was lacking after two defeats. He's been with us for the past three weeks and has been unbelievably professional with his hard work on the training field, insights and support," Dobson told Netwerk24.

"It's impressive to see him buy in on an emotional level. He clearly doesn't just view this match as a step back to the top (Springboks). He is eager to win."

Kolisi will earn his 30th Western Province cap in his first game since 2014, in a match that kicks off at 15:00 on Women's Day.

As a result JD Schickerling moves to lock, with Salmaan Moerat set to make an impact in the second half and Ernst van Rhyn at blindside flank, while Wilco Louw is back in the starting line-up at tighthead prop.

In the backline, Justin Phillips is at scrumhalf, with Sergeal Petersen making his first start of the season on the wing.

There is a potential Currie Cup debut for loose forward Nama Xaba from the bench, with prop Neethling Fouche getting his first opportunity of the campaign and flyhalf Jean-Luc du Plessis back among the replacements.


Probably because it is his level.....................


11 Official Languages but you have to talk Kak :?

Saw this saying yesterday and knew somebody would give me the opportunity to use it ;)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Currie Cup 2019
PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2019 4:09 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 14428
beachboy wrote:
Chilli wrote:
Quote:
Cape Town - Western Province coach John Dobson has lauded the input of Springbok captain Siya Kolisi as the Capetonians prepare for an important Currie Cup encounter against the Pumas at Newlands on Friday.

Kolisi starts at flank in this must-win encounter and makes a welcome return after a troublesome knee injury.

WP have lost their last two matches - 32-27 to the Sharks in Durban and 30-28 to the Golden Lions in Cape Town - and Dobson said Kolisi's presence has been a major boost.

"Siya has given the team confidence at a time where it was lacking after two defeats. He's been with us for the past three weeks and has been unbelievably professional with his hard work on the training field, insights and support," Dobson told Netwerk24.

"It's impressive to see him buy in on an emotional level. He clearly doesn't just view this match as a step back to the top (Springboks). He is eager to win."

Kolisi will earn his 30th Western Province cap in his first game since 2014, in a match that kicks off at 15:00 on Women's Day.

As a result JD Schickerling moves to lock, with Salmaan Moerat set to make an impact in the second half and Ernst van Rhyn at blindside flank, while Wilco Louw is back in the starting line-up at tighthead prop.

In the backline, Justin Phillips is at scrumhalf, with Sergeal Petersen making his first start of the season on the wing.

There is a potential Currie Cup debut for loose forward Nama Xaba from the bench, with prop Neethling Fouche getting his first opportunity of the campaign and flyhalf Jean-Luc du Plessis back among the replacements.


Probably because it is his level.....................


11 Official Languages but you have to talk Kak :?

Saw this saying yesterday and knew somebody would give me the opportunity to use it ;)

:lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Currie Cup 2019
PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2019 4:11 pm 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 22628
beachboy wrote:
Chilli wrote:
Quote:
Cape Town - Western Province coach John Dobson has lauded the input of Springbok captain Siya Kolisi as the Capetonians prepare for an important Currie Cup encounter against the Pumas at Newlands on Friday.

Kolisi starts at flank in this must-win encounter and makes a welcome return after a troublesome knee injury.

WP have lost their last two matches - 32-27 to the Sharks in Durban and 30-28 to the Golden Lions in Cape Town - and Dobson said Kolisi's presence has been a major boost.

"Siya has given the team confidence at a time where it was lacking after two defeats. He's been with us for the past three weeks and has been unbelievably professional with his hard work on the training field, insights and support," Dobson told Netwerk24.

"It's impressive to see him buy in on an emotional level. He clearly doesn't just view this match as a step back to the top (Springboks). He is eager to win."

Kolisi will earn his 30th Western Province cap in his first game since 2014, in a match that kicks off at 15:00 on Women's Day.

As a result JD Schickerling moves to lock, with Salmaan Moerat set to make an impact in the second half and Ernst van Rhyn at blindside flank, while Wilco Louw is back in the starting line-up at tighthead prop.

In the backline, Justin Phillips is at scrumhalf, with Sergeal Petersen making his first start of the season on the wing.

There is a potential Currie Cup debut for loose forward Nama Xaba from the bench, with prop Neethling Fouche getting his first opportunity of the campaign and flyhalf Jean-Luc du Plessis back among the replacements.


Probably because it is his level.....................


11 Official Languages but you have to talk Kak :?

Saw this saying yesterday and knew somebody would give me the opportunity to use it ;)

:lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Currie Cup 2019
PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2019 5:47 am 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 22628
The Lions need a good start for a change.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Currie Cup 2019
PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2019 7:13 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 14428
Jensrsa wrote:
The Lions need a good start for a change.

The Bulls are going to be desperate, should be a good match.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Currie Cup 2019
PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2019 2:50 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 20438
Location: Stellenbosch
WP 31-7 Pumas HT


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Currie Cup 2019
PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2019 2:55 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 24814
OomPB wrote:
WP 31-7 Pumas HT

Awesome. Wasn't expecting that. Now they don't need to go to sleep in the second half again.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Currie Cup 2019
PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2019 3:21 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 14428
saffer13 wrote:
OomPB wrote:
WP 31-7 Pumas HT

Awesome. Wasn't expecting that. Now they don't need to go to sleep in the second half again.

How could you not be expecting it? It is the WP laden with Springboks / Super Rugby regulars / SA Rugby age group players, all well paid professionals up against a bunch of semi pro okes from Nelspruit?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Currie Cup 2019
PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2019 3:48 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 20438
Location: Stellenbosch
Chilli wrote:
saffer13 wrote:
OomPB wrote:
WP 31-7 Pumas HT

Awesome. Wasn't expecting that. Now they don't need to go to sleep in the second half again.

How could you not be expecting it? It is the WP laden with Springboks / Super Rugby regulars / SA Rugby age group players, all well paid professionals up against a bunch of semi pro okes from Nelspruit?

How did the Sharks lose to this amateurs?

Cheetahs by 50


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Currie Cup 2019
PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2019 4:21 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 14428
OomPB wrote:
Chilli wrote:
saffer13 wrote:
OomPB wrote:
WP 31-7 Pumas HT

Awesome. Wasn't expecting that. Now they don't need to go to sleep in the second half again.

How could you not be expecting it? It is the WP laden with Springboks / Super Rugby regulars / SA Rugby age group players, all well paid professionals up against a bunch of semi pro okes from Nelspruit?

How did the Sharks lose to this amateurs?

Cheetahs by 50

Ask their coach.

Whats the final score? 45-14?


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1618 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 ... 41  Next

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bokkom, Google Adsense [Bot], Jay Cee Gee, Jensrsa, Kiwias, Peaches, rett, Rowdy, UncleFB, Wilderbeast and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group