Chat Forum
It is currently Fri Aug 23, 2019 11:12 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1620 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 41  Next
PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2019 11:21 pm 

CrazyIslander wrote:
It was forward.

Not even remotely. It looked bad cause Ioane was level, almost in front of Smith. But Smith reached forward to pass it one handed and Ioane catches it slightly behind him. It was actually great play from Smith to avoid passing it forward.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2019 11:29 pm 

CrazyIslander wrote:
It was forward.

I can understand it being checked by the TMO because it looked like it should have been forward but if you watched the replay the TMO checked and still think it was forward well, I don’t know what to tell you.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2019 11:33 pm 

Jay Cee Gee wrote:
Zakar wrote:
Thomas wrote:
Zakar wrote:
The Aussie media, like us fans, have three years worth of ideas to deploy in one fell swoop.

I see Foxsports have gone the NZ media route and have found a few more cards. A swinging arm from Coles and Moody and a tombstone by Cane. The difference?

THEY HAVE GIFS!!!1

Coles and a swinging arm. Name a more iconic duo.

Michael Hooper and Esotropia.

Reid and smiling like a serial killer.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2019 11:34 pm 

Zakar wrote:
Jay Cee Gee wrote:
Zakar wrote:
Thomas wrote:
Zakar wrote:
The Aussie media, like us fans, have three years worth of ideas to deploy in one fell swoop.

I see Foxsports have gone the NZ media route and have found a few more cards. A swinging arm from Coles and Moody and a tombstone by Cane. The difference?

THEY HAVE GIFS!!!1

Read and people spelling his name wrong.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2019 11:34 pm 

Zakar wrote:
Jay Cee Gee wrote:
Zakar wrote:
Thomas wrote:
Zakar wrote:

THEY HAVE GIFS!!!1

:lol: I’m not going to be able to unsee that

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2019 11:48 pm 

Yourbrother wrote:
Id like to see George Bridge reece or ennor start ahead of ben smith, and if that goes well, it'd like to see that be the lineup for the world cup too. Ben smith is living on past glories, especially now that he does not even look safe under the high ball. What does he excel at these days?

Payroll?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2019 11:49 pm 

Yourbrother wrote:
Id like to see George Bridge reece or ennor start ahead of ben smith, and if that goes well, it'd like to see that be the lineup for the world cup too. Ben smith is living on past glories, especially now that he does not even look safe under the high ball. What does he excel at these days?

There is a piece on stuff claiming there was clapping for Bridge and Reece at training so could see them on the wings? BB has 15 sewn up if he’s not at 10.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 12:03 am 

Yourbrother wrote:

Bender is just back from a hammy layoff. Hansen has form for allowing trusted players time to play themselves back into form and besides, anyone who thinks the backs played much of a part in the loss should take up another sport really...

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 12:10 am 

Has someone checked on maxbox? For god's sake think of the dog!!!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 12:13 am 

could anyone tell me how i could watch the replay of Bled 1 match please?

many thanks in advance

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 12:18 am 

RoscoPColtrain wrote:
The Foxsports boys were screaming about how Aaron Smiths pass to Ioane was “a mile forward” while watching the TMO replay. Not sure I’d pay a lot of attention to any of their analysis, they live in a different reality.

Kafer has lost the plot. He used to be the sane one on that team and now he's out Kearns-ing Kearns. He kept going on about Reiko being offside.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 12:21 am 

The Optimist wrote:

Forgot about maxbox, he must be spewing right now

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 12:29 am 

CrazyIslander wrote:
booji boy wrote:
CrazyIslander wrote:
naki wrote:
CrazyIslander wrote:
The All Blacks biggest problem is selection. Pound for pound are a more talented/better squad.

Unlike in previous times of woe, we don’t have undeniable form players who should be pushing out those under-performers. Hansen can tweak here and there but his options are fairly limited.

We've just had 3 NZ SR semi finalists and its only 3 games since the final. The players are there. I'd start Laumape, Frizzel or Fifita. I'd bring in Tuungafasi. Naholo or Reece for Reiko. And don't get send off.

Yeah I'd like to know what Frizzel did wrong to be dropped after the Boks test. He's the nearest thing we've got to a Kaino type replacement.

Cavea was bad selection. Also, the Wobs forwards were flying into the contact area - it usually means they don't fear the opposition. Why not put a few beefcakes in there..ie Tuungafasi, Tuipulotu, Frizzel. Franks too slow to cause damage.

Tuipulotu would make sense if he was actually playing well, and looked threatening, he isn't and doesn't.

We do need an injection of power somewhere though, Tuungafasi and Frizzel provide some.
They also need a work rate, not convinced about that yet.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 12:29 am 

Jay Cee Gee wrote:
CrazyIslander wrote:
It was forward.

Not even remotely. It looked bad cause Ioane was level, almost in front of Smith. But Smith reached forward to pass it one handed and Ioane catches it slightly behind him. It was actually great play from Smith to avoid passing it forward.

this.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 12:33 am 

The Optimist wrote:

The remark about Reads serial killer smile made you think of him too?

He’ll be back after this weekend.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 12:48 am 

Thomas wrote:
Grandpa wrote:
Thomas wrote:

You're going to miss tackles if you make so many of them. I think I saw a stat at halftime which had the Wallabies making 22 tackles to the ABs 100. That's some full-on disparity right there. The Wallabies game plan was to not give the ABs the ball which often works to NZ's favour. It didn't this time. The half chances that usually fall their way due to the ineptness of the opposition didn't come. Of the 4 tries the ABs scored, one of them was a flukey kick that bounced everywhere and the other was a lucky grab from a kick off (fark I hated that. Such a soft try). The scoreline could have been much, much worse.

I wonder.... if ALB had caught that intercept (looking at the player and not the ball) moments before Aussie's first try whether that would have changed the game completely? Aussie might have started thinking.... here we go again...

Though... lack of possession and intensity was the All Blacks undoing as you say....

Yep. He was in under the posts if he'd caught that. Such a shitty pass from CLL too.

The Walabies had at least 2 possibly 3 opportunities at tries prior to this missed because of lack of support or a poor last pass, the Kerevi one where he was wrapped up by Mounga the most obvious. The Wallabies were finding holes in our defence with ease, Koroibete is big, strong and fast and CLL really knows how to use him effectively.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 1:09 am 

I really wanna see Ardie start at 7 this week. He’s way better there than 6 guaranteed breakdown turnovers. Not sure who will play 6 tho. Wish we had Squire.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 1:15 am 

Thomas wrote:
Grandpa wrote:
Thomas wrote:

You're going to miss tackles if you make so many of them. I think I saw a stat at halftime which had the Wallabies making 22 tackles to the ABs 100. That's some full-on disparity right there. The Wallabies game plan was to not give the ABs the ball which often works to NZ's favour. It didn't this time. The half chances that usually fall their way due to the ineptness of the opposition didn't come. Of the 4 tries the ABs scored, one of them was a flukey kick that bounced everywhere and the other was a lucky grab from a kick off (fark I hated that. Such a soft try). The scoreline could have been much, much worse.

I wonder.... if ALB had caught that intercept (looking at the player and not the ball) moments before Aussie's first try whether that would have changed the game completely? Aussie might have started thinking.... here we go again...

Though... lack of possession and intensity was the All Blacks undoing as you say....

Yep. He was in under the posts if he'd caught that. Such a shitty pass from CLL too.

Im not sold he would. Hodge was sitting back from the play and was in a good position to cover.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 1:45 am 

Farva wrote:
Thomas wrote:
Grandpa wrote:
Thomas wrote:

Im not sold he would. Hodge was sitting back from the play and was in a good position to cover.

It was more a bad read from JOC then a bad pass from CLL. A more experienced 13 would have cut into the pass, whereas JOC was motionless.

In any event, it worked out, so whatever.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 1:54 am 

UncleFB wrote:
RoscoPColtrain wrote:
The Foxsports boys were screaming about how Aaron Smiths pass to Ioane was “a mile forward” while watching the TMO replay. Not sure I’d pay a lot of attention to any of their analysis, they live in a different reality.

Kafer has lost the plot. He used to be the sane one on that team and now he's out Kearns-ing Kearns. He kept going on about Reiko being offside.

Yeah, I think Kafe has been mentally scared. He was going on and on about it being forward. Then Horan said hes ok with the pass, looked backwards. Kafe paused for 30 seconds then started going on about it being forward again. :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 1:56 am 

Cheika to shit the bed and repeat 2015 with mass changes... :thumbdown:

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 3:18 am 

Yourbrother wrote:
Rumour is going around that BB will be back to 10. With changes also at 12, 14 and 15.

I'd be good with BB at 10, think he is a better player than mounga, i thought the super rugby semi was anoyher great example. I just can't imagine mounga standing up like barrett did if he was playing in the dominated team.

I like Mounga too though, so im fine either way with that.

Where did you hear these rumours? I’m expecting to see Mo’unga at ten as a permanent thing.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 3:19 am 

If BBs back to 10 is a given there’ll be changes at 14/15.

Would be disappointed to see that change but not surprised.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 3:22 am 

I'm predicting

Smith/Spongey/Reiko/SBW/ALb/Jordy/Bender

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 3:31 am 

Which mod accepted the above login FFS? Enz?

I struggle enough to remember and have to defend my own stupid posts let alone someone else’s too !!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 4:01 am 

merlin the happy pig wrote:
Jay Cee Gee wrote:
CrazyIslander wrote:
It was forward.

this.

You guys are right. It must've been an optical illusion to throw off Nic White. Snecky is one tricky motherfvcker

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 4:10 am 

We have seen him do likewise many times. Problem is that he wasn’t going for the ball.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 4:12 am 

Slim 293 wrote:
Cheika to shit the bed and repeat 2015 with mass changes... :thumbdown:

He is now part of a three man selection committee. His boss is one of the three. I assume that any selection decisions will need to be on the basis of consensus, not bed-wetting, or worse.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 4:13 am 

Olo wrote:
We have seen him do likewise many times. Problem is that he wasn’t going for the ball.

Who are you talking about?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 4:16 am 

CrazyIslander wrote:
Jay Cee Gee wrote:
CrazyIslander wrote:
It was forward.

this.

You guys are right. It must've been an optical illusion to throw off Nic White. Snecky is one tricky motherfvcker

Are we just looking at random gifs of players slightly infringing now?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 4:21 am 

RoscoPColtrain wrote:
CrazyIslander wrote:
Jay Cee Gee wrote:
CrazyIslander wrote:
It was forward.

this.

Are we just looking at random gifs of players slightly infringing now?

The funny thing about that is that if you look at Smith's line, he's running directly parallel to the tramtracks. I don't doubt he's intending to impede chasers, but he does it entirely legally - doesn't deviate his line at all.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 4:32 am 

Jay Cee Gee wrote:

The funny thing about that is that if you look at Smith's line, he's running directly parallel to the tramtracks. I don't doubt he's intending to impede chasers, but he does it entirely legally - doesn't deviate his line at all.

Yeah, if he was looking at Ben Smith while doing it, sure. But here clearly looking at Beale and lining him up. Looks to me like he changes his line. Not that some gif from whenever actually matters now. :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 4:35 am 

Sensible Stephen wrote:
Jay Cee Gee wrote:

Yeah, if he was looking at Ben Smith while doing it, sure. But here clearly looking at Beale and lining him up. Looks to me like he changes his line. Not that some gif from whenever actually matters now. :lol:

Again though, he runs directly parallel to the sideline at all times. He never changes his line. Again, I don't doubt he's meaning to get in their way (as you point out not looking at the ball carrier is a bit of a giveaway), but he's allowed to run a support line and he doesn't do overt action other than that.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 4:38 am 

Jay Cee Gee wrote:
Sensible Stephen wrote:
Jay Cee Gee wrote:

Again though, he runs directly parallel to the sideline at all times. He never changes his line. Again, I don't doubt he's meaning to get in their way (as you point out not looking at the ball carrier is a bit of a giveaway), but he's allowed to run a support line and he doesn't do overt action other than that.

I'm guessing that judging angles is hard with one eye?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 4:40 am 

Zakar wrote:
Jay Cee Gee wrote:
Sensible Stephen wrote:
Jay Cee Gee wrote:

It's f**king easy if there's field markings right beside him though.

B Smith runs towards the corner, A Smith is roughly 2/3 metres inside the 15m line the entire time.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 4:41 am 

Jay Cee Gee wrote:
Sensible Stephen wrote:
Jay Cee Gee wrote:

He leans into Beale way before contact, which is a big give away IMO. Anyway, whether he technically changed his line or not, agree to disagree.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 4:43 am 

Sensible Stephen wrote:
agree to disagree.

NO.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 4:44 am 

Jay Cee Gee wrote:
Zakar wrote:
Jay Cee Gee wrote:
Sensible Stephen wrote:
Jay Cee Gee wrote:

It's f**king easy if there's field markings right beside him though.

B Smith runs towards the corner, A Smith is roughly 2/3 metres inside the 15m line the entire time.

It's a Dubai running line.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 4:52 am 

I think Snecky runs that line to distract from the fact that Savea is clearly the fastest man on that field and Bender has him as an option for this inevitable try

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 4:55 am 

Jay Cee Gee wrote:
Sensible Stephen wrote:
agree to disagree.

NO.

Meet me on the corner of King William and Waymouth street in 10 minutes. I will knock you the fuk out.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1620 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 41  Next