Chat Forum
It is currently Sun Aug 18, 2019 3:40 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 538 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 14  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2019 10:20 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 17479
Image V Image


WHERE:
Image

Principality Stadium, Cardiff, Wales


WHEN:
Saturday, 17 August, 14:15 BST

OFFICIALS
Referee Pascal Gauzere (France)
Assistant 1Mathieu Raynal (France)
Assistant 2Alexandre Ruiz (France)
TMO Brian MacNeice (Ireland)


WHO:

ENGLAND TEAM
TBC


WALES TEAM
TBC


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2019 10:23 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 10609
24-14 Wales


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2019 10:36 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 17479
So, here we are, the richest and biggest Tier 1 nation in the world, against the smallest and poorest, and who also have massive injury problems.

It's going to be tough for us to even stay in touch. :((


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2019 11:24 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 11067
13-29 England

IF Wales put the B team out as expected.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2019 11:29 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 14923
Location: Investigating racism in the NHS
I would go

15 McConnochie
14 Cokanasiga
13 Joseph
12 Tuilagi
11 May
10 Farrell
9 Youngs
1 Marler
2 George
3 Sinckler
4 Itoje
5 Kruis
6 Lawes
7 Ludlam
8 Wilson

16 Singleton
17 Genge
18 Cole
19 Ewels
20 Kvesic
21 Heinz
22 Ford
23 Daly/Watson


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2019 11:57 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 17479
Wendigo7 wrote:
13-29 England

IF Wales put the B team out as expected.


I think we'll be putting out a largely A team again.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 12:37 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 2943
It's only a warm up game but if we lose by 2 scores again I'll be very worried.

Would be surprising if we perform that badly again, I think Wales will sure up their defence and edge this one.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 1:32 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 10609
Wendigo7 wrote:
13-29 England

IF Wales put the B team out as expected.


Which they won't.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 1:41 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 05, 2012 3:15 pm
Posts: 32155
Location: Planet Rock
openclashXX wrote:
I would go

15 McConnochie
14 Cokanasiga
13 Joseph
12 Tuilagi
11 May
10 Farrell
9 Youngs
1 Marler
2 George
3 Sinckler
4 Itoje
5 Kruis
6 Lawes
7 Ludlam
8 Wilson

16 Singleton
17 Genge
18 Cole
19 Ewels
20 Te'o
21 Heinz
22 Ford
23 Daly/Watson

:thumbup:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 1:52 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat Apr 30, 2016 1:43 am
Posts: 360
openclashXX wrote:
I would go

15 McConnochie
14 Cokanasiga
13 Joseph
12 Tuilagi
11 May
10 Farrell
9 Youngs
1 Marler
2 George
3 Sinckler
4 Itoje
5 Kruis
6 Lawes
7 Ludlam
8 Wilson

16 Singleton
17 Genge
18 Cole
19 Ewels
20 Kvesic
21 Heinz
22 Ford
23 Daly/Watson


Like it but I would like to see the Ford/Heinz combo again as they opened things up in a way that Farrell/Youngs close things down with pointless kicking away of possession. Shame that in a Pre RWC friendly we are already having to pick a lock in the back row. For me Underhill hasn’t played enough games in the last 12 moths to merit selection. Dombrandt could provide cover across the back row and is a good line out option.

I expect much same Wales team simply because they don’t have much on the bench.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 2:01 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 05, 2012 3:15 pm
Posts: 32155
Location: Planet Rock
New guy wrote:
It's only a warm up game but if we lose by 2 scores again I'll be very worried.

Would be surprising if we perform that badly again, I think Wales will sure up their defence and edge this one.

Both Welsh and English supporters have been way to critical of the performance of their teams from the game on Sunday. This is a difficult one for Gatland. Should really not put out his strongest side but after losing on Sunday there is a need to win at home against England that supersedes world cup preparation.
This game is now the biggest game in the history of Welsh rugby. Of that there can shirley be no doubt.

I hear they are getting Keith Wood in to give the pre match team talk


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 2:18 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 10609
TopNacker wrote:
openclashXX wrote:
I would go

15 McConnochie
14 Cokanasiga
13 Joseph
12 Tuilagi
11 May
10 Farrell
9 Youngs
1 Marler
2 George
3 Sinckler
4 Itoje
5 Kruis
6 Lawes
7 Ludlam
8 Wilson

16 Singleton
17 Genge
18 Cole
19 Ewels
20 Kvesic
21 Heinz
22 Ford
23 Daly/Watson


Like it but I would like to see the Ford/Heinz combo again as they opened things up in a way that Farrell/Youngs close things down with pointless kicking away of possession. Shame that in a Pre RWC friendly we are already having to pick a lock in the back row. For me Underhill hasn’t played enough games in the last 12 moths to merit selection. Dombrandt could provide cover across the back row and is a good line out option.

I expect much same Wales team simply because they don’t have much on the bench.


Wrong

15 Halfpenny
14 Lane
13 S Williams
12 Watkin
11 Amos
10 Patchell
9 T Williams
1 W Jones
2 Dee
3 Lee
4 Ball
5 Hill
6 Shingler
7 J Davies
8 Navidi


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 2:29 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 05, 2012 3:15 pm
Posts: 32155
Location: Planet Rock
TopNacker wrote:
openclashXX wrote:
I would go

15 McConnochie
14 Cokanasiga
13 Joseph
12 Tuilagi
11 May
10 Farrell
9 Youngs
1 Marler
2 George
3 Sinckler
4 Itoje
5 Kruis
6 Lawes
7 Ludlam
8 Wilson

16 Singleton
17 Genge
18 Cole
19 Ewels
20 Brown
21 Heinz
22 Ford
23 Daly/Watson


Like it but I would like to see the Ford/Heinz combo again as they opened things up in a way that Farrell/Youngs close things down with pointless kicking away of possession. Shame that in a Pre RWC friendly we are already having to pick a lock in the back row. For me Underhill hasn’t played enough games in the last 12 moths to merit selection. Dombrandt could provide cover across the back row and is a good line out option.

I expect much same Wales team simply because they don’t have much on the bench.

No problem with Underhill in there. He has shown enough when playing for England that Jones trust him being up to it based on what they have done in training.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 3:27 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 10609
Anonymous. wrote:
New guy wrote:
It's only a warm up game but if we lose by 2 scores again I'll be very worried.

Would be surprising if we perform that badly again, I think Wales will sure up their defence and edge this one.

Both Welsh and English supporters have been way to critical of the performance of their teams from the game on Sunday. This is a difficult one for Gatland. Should really not put out his strongest side but after losing on Sunday there is a need to win at home against England that supersedes world cup preparation.
This game is now the biggest game in the history of Welsh rugby. Of that there can shirley be no doubt.

I hear they are getting Keith Wood in to give the pre match team talk


Have you started to hear voices in your head?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 3:49 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 17479
LandOTurk wrote:
Anonymous. wrote:
New guy wrote:
It's only a warm up game but if we lose by 2 scores again I'll be very worried.

Would be surprising if we perform that badly again, I think Wales will sure up their defence and edge this one.

Both Welsh and English supporters have been way to critical of the performance of their teams from the game on Sunday. This is a difficult one for Gatland. Should really not put out his strongest side but after losing on Sunday there is a need to win at home against England that supersedes world cup preparation.
This game is now the biggest game in the history of Welsh rugby. Of that there can shirley be no doubt.

I hear they are getting Keith Wood in to give the pre match team talk


Have you started to hear voices in your head?


Anonymous has been hitting the turps pretty hard since England's historic win over the Grandslam Champions...and who are we to suggest such celebrations are over the top for a pre-season friendly.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 7:43 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 11, 2015 1:25 pm
Posts: 6589
Location: Leafy Cheshire
Jeff the Bear wrote:
LandOTurk wrote:
Anonymous. wrote:
New guy wrote:
It's only a warm up game but if we lose by 2 scores again I'll be very worried.

Would be surprising if we perform that badly again, I think Wales will sure up their defence and edge this one.

Both Welsh and English supporters have been way to critical of the performance of their teams from the game on Sunday. This is a difficult one for Gatland. Should really not put out his strongest side but after losing on Sunday there is a need to win at home against England that supersedes world cup preparation.
This game is now the biggest game in the history of Welsh rugby. Of that there can shirley be no doubt.

I hear they are getting Keith Wood in to give the pre match team talk


Have you started to hear voices in your head?


Anonymous has been hitting the turps pretty hard since England's historic win over the Grandslam Champions...and who are we to suggest such celebrations are over the top for a pre-season friendly.


His jokey jolly humour seems to have been ratcheted up by quite some margin. Stay strong my fellow Welsh posters.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 8:37 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 3989
I'd like to see something close to a full-strength England side, but with the opportunity to test a couple of options that might be needed in the WC due to the squad selection - Marler on the bench as tighthead cover and Ford as scrum-half cover.

Bring them both on with 25 to go and see how they actually perform in those positions in a test match.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 8:56 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 10025
Location: The centre of The Horrendous Space Kablooie!
Sadly, I will be on the first day of my holiday in foreign climes, so you will be deprived of my sparkling wit during the match.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 8:58 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 4448
Location: 'ertfordshire
4071 wrote:
I'd like to see something close to a full-strength England side, but with the opportunity to test a couple of options that might be needed in the WC due to the squad selection - Marler on the bench as tighthead cover and Ford as scrum-half cover.

Bring them both on with 25 to go and see how they actually perform in those positions in a test match.

Good call!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 9:09 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 2004
Not sure why Ewels and Dombrandt are getting mentions? they'll be out of contention now EJ has named his WC squad I'd have thought?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 9:18 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Apr 23, 2013 8:49 am
Posts: 16786
Named 31 but can still use other players in the warm-up. Dombtandt isn't there but ewels is i believe.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 9:30 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu Aug 23, 2018 11:35 am
Posts: 3616
Location: England
Jeff the Bear wrote:
So, here we are, the richest and biggest Tier 1 nation in the world, against the smallest and poorest, and who also have massive injury problems.

It's going to be tough for us to even stay in touch. :((


I hope the mockers give this rancid offering what it deserves. Grand Slam champs, no.2 in the world and at home to boot. Wales should win this comfortably.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 9:32 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Aug 20, 2015 2:22 pm
Posts: 1800
Location: Gogledd Cymru
sockwithaticket wrote:
Jeff the Bear wrote:
So, here we are, the richest and biggest Tier 1 nation in the world, against the smallest and poorest, and who also have massive injury problems.

It's going to be tough for us to even stay in touch. :((


I hope the mockers give this rancid offering what it deserves. Grand Slam champs, no.2 in the world and at home to boot. Wales should win this comfortably.


Did you watch last weekend's game?!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 9:37 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Nov 18, 2012 3:14 am
Posts: 3418
Massive game for Wales.

They lose this, their confidence will be shot going into the RWC.

Amazing how quickly things turn around in rugby.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 9:38 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 211
Wales 27 - England 10

Wales in Cardiff playing with pride and urgency, helped by an England team that evacuates its bowels when the pressure’s on.

If that doesn’t happen and England walk off comfortable winners I think Wales will be in deep trouble. I don’t expect that to happen though.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 9:43 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Aug 20, 2015 2:22 pm
Posts: 1800
Location: Gogledd Cymru
MrDominator wrote:
Massive game for Wales.

They lose this, their confidence will be shot going into the RWC.

Amazing how quickly things turn around in rugby.



:lol: it's a warm-up game FFS!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 9:45 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu Aug 23, 2018 11:35 am
Posts: 3616
Location: England
P in VG wrote:
sockwithaticket wrote:
Jeff the Bear wrote:
So, here we are, the richest and biggest Tier 1 nation in the world, against the smallest and poorest, and who also have massive injury problems.

It's going to be tough for us to even stay in touch. :((


I hope the mockers give this rancid offering what it deserves. Grand Slam champs, no.2 in the world and at home to boot. Wales should win this comfortably.


Did you watch last weekend's game?!


Yes, England were ok. Wales were error-strewn, but they'll have blown out the cobwebs now and be in familiar surroundings.

I just hope our honest Yeomen can keep it competitive.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 9:56 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 11, 2015 7:50 am
Posts: 2947
Location: Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right...
I would like to see McConnachie given at least one run-out at full-back if he’s fit. He’s experienced there and has a very suitable skill set from what I have seen and heard of him.

Plus, it’s a position where we are in serious need of improvement. It’s certainly worth a good look and can only assume that Eddie will have at least toyed with the idea in camp. It might even be why he got the call up :nod:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 10:10 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 3989
P in VG wrote:
sockwithaticket wrote:
Jeff the Bear wrote:
So, here we are, the richest and biggest Tier 1 nation in the world, against the smallest and poorest, and who also have massive injury problems.

It's going to be tough for us to even stay in touch. :((


I hope the mockers give this rancid offering what it deserves. Grand Slam champs, no.2 in the world and at home to boot. Wales should win this comfortably.


Did you watch last weekend's game?!


That was part of Wales' plan. They don't want to be distracted by the World No. 1 tag or by going for a world record sequence of wins. They have now ensured that the focus will be entirely on the WC whilst the pressure will be back on the Kiwis as the top ranked side in the world.

Smart.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 10:13 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Nov 18, 2012 3:14 am
Posts: 3418
P in VG wrote:
MrDominator wrote:
Massive game for Wales.

They lose this, their confidence will be shot going into the RWC.

Amazing how quickly things turn around in rugby.



:lol: it's a warm-up game FFS!

Confidence is everything for the Celts.

Wales shat the bed in the '07 warm-ups and never recovered. Ditto Ireland.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 11:31 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 05, 2012 3:15 pm
Posts: 32155
Location: Planet Rock
P in VG wrote:
MrDominator wrote:
Massive game for Wales.

They lose this, their confidence will be shot going into the RWC.

Amazing how quickly things turn around in rugby.



:lol: it's a warm-up game FFS!

It's Wales at home to England after a defeet in a game they expected to win. It's a massive game for Wales


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 11:43 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 2943
A win would be nice but a narrow loss with signs of improvement on last week would be fine.

I think the players will be more up for it this time though.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 11:50 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 05, 2012 3:15 pm
Posts: 32155
Location: Planet Rock
New guy wrote:
A win would be nice but a narrow loss with signs of improvement on last week would be fine.

I think the players will be more up for it this time though.

Love the narrative. The Welsh were not up for it last Sunday :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 11:53 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Aug 20, 2015 2:22 pm
Posts: 1800
Location: Gogledd Cymru
Anonymous. wrote:
P in VG wrote:
MrDominator wrote:
Massive game for Wales.

They lose this, their confidence will be shot going into the RWC.

Amazing how quickly things turn around in rugby.



:lol: it's a warm-up game FFS!

It's Wales at home to England after a defeet in a game they expected to win. It's a massive game for Wales


:shock: Gatland? in the Changing room? with a Chainsaw?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 11:54 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 11, 2015 7:50 am
Posts: 2947
Location: Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right...
New guy wrote:
A win would be nice but a narrow loss with signs of improvement on last week would be fine.

I think the players will be more up for it this time though.


I have yet to see a satisfactory explanation of why Wales wouldn’t have been up for the first game? It’s a claim I have seen / heard a few times now.

I know your team can be slow starters and understand that players will be rusty first time out, but not up for it?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 11:56 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 05, 2012 3:15 pm
Posts: 32155
Location: Planet Rock
nuffsaid wrote:
New guy wrote:
A win would be nice but a narrow loss with signs of improvement on last week would be fine.

I think the players will be more up for it this time though.


I have yet to see a satisfactory explanation of why Wales wouldn’t have been up for the first game? It’s a claim I have seen / heard a few times now.

I know your team can be slow starters and understand that players will be rusty first time out, but not up for it?

They lost and that means they were not up for it


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 12:04 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 19892
Anyone any idea when the teams are being announced?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 12:09 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Aug 23, 2018 11:35 am
Posts: 3616
Location: England
nuffsaid wrote:
New guy wrote:
A win would be nice but a narrow loss with signs of improvement on last week would be fine.

I think the players will be more up for it this time though.


I have yet to see a satisfactory explanation of why Wales wouldn’t have been up for the first game? It’s a claim I have seen / heard a few times now.

I know your team can be slow starters and understand that players will be rusty first time out, but not up for it?


Shameless deflection from supporters of the #1 team elect.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 12:14 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 5685
Location: LOL! WISDOM!
New guy wrote:
A win would be nice but a narrow loss with signs of improvement on last week would be fine.

I think the players will be more up for it this time though.

Yeah. Sure they won't be bothered at all. It's only preparation games after all, and I certainly don't agree with those who say it would be absolutely, totally, staggeringly bad for Wales should they lose this game at home in Cardiff.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 12:15 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 11, 2015 1:25 pm
Posts: 6589
Location: Leafy Cheshire
Anonymous. wrote:
nuffsaid wrote:
New guy wrote:
A win would be nice but a narrow loss with signs of improvement on last week would be fine.

I think the players will be more up for it this time though.


I have yet to see a satisfactory explanation of why Wales wouldn’t have been up for the first game? It’s a claim I have seen / heard a few times now.

I know your team can be slow starters and understand that players will be rusty first time out, but not up for it?

They lost and that means they were not up for it


It beats blaming the ref


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 538 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 14  Next

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bindi, Bing [Bot], Chilli, chubby22, Clog50Percent, Ewinkum, Google [Bot], Hong Kong, JB1981, Maniototo Man, Pacific, Wilderbeast and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group