Chat Forum
It is currently Tue Mar 31, 2020 3:03 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 72 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Arise Sir Maro Itoje
PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2019 11:12 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 1687
This has to be one of the greatest World Cup performances. He made the AB strength- their line out as shivering wreck, and his all round game was just sensational. What a performance!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Arise Sir Maro Itoje
PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2019 11:14 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2012 7:20 pm
Posts: 5495
Location: Lutra
Masterji wrote:
This has to be one of the greatest World Cup performances. He made the AB strength- their line out as shivering wreck, and his all round game was just sensational. What a performance!


I’m going to say he is the most annoying plum in world rugby, but he put in a mammoth shift tonight. What a performance!

Still he’s a plum!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Arise Sir Maro Itoje
PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2019 11:15 am 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Sat Apr 28, 2012 10:49 pm
Posts: 4054
Location: London
Olo wrote:
Masterji wrote:
This has to be one of the greatest World Cup performances. He made the AB strength- their line out as shivering wreck, and his all round game was just sensational. What a performance!


I’m going to say he is the most annoying plum in world rugby, but he put in a mammoth shift tonight. What a performance!

Still he’s a plum!


And one of the key reasons behind his great shifts, is when he drops the dumb schtick and focuses on his game.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Arise Sir Maro Itoje
PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2019 11:17 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 04, 2015 7:13 pm
Posts: 2470
Agreed. He seems to have cut down on that BS.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Arise Sir Maro Itoje
PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2019 11:22 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 05, 2012 3:15 pm
Posts: 34575
Location: Planet Rock
Olo wrote:
Masterji wrote:
This has to be one of the greatest World Cup performances. He made the AB strength- their line out as shivering wreck, and his all round game was just sensational. What a performance!


I’m going to say he is the most annoying plum in world rugby, but he put in a mammoth shift tonight. What a performance!

Still he’s a plum!

His get up their nose talent is another reason why we loves he


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Arise Sir Maro Itoje
PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2019 11:45 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 1687
He dominated 2 of the best ever with a spring that I have never seen before at this level.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Arise Sir Maro Itoje
PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2019 12:25 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 447
Masterji wrote:
He dominated 2 of the best ever with a spring that I have never seen before at this level.


It will be interesting if England play South Africa in the final. The athletic Itoje against a couple of traditional monster locks. Maybe coaches will need to rethink the requirements of the position.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Arise Sir Maro Itoje
PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2019 12:27 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 24017
Cool your jets there is a game to win next weekend...


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Arise Sir Maro Itoje
PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2019 12:28 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 05, 2012 3:15 pm
Posts: 34575
Location: Planet Rock
Bradwall Boy wrote:
Masterji wrote:
He dominated 2 of the best ever with a spring that I have never seen before at this level.


It will be interesting if England play South Africa in the final. The athletic Itoje against a couple of traditional monster locks. Maybe coaches will need to rethink the requirements of the position.

Good luck to them finding lots of Maro clones


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Arise Sir Maro Itoje
PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2019 12:29 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 1687
Openside wrote:
Cool your jets there is a game to win next weekend...


You really think England will lose to terrible Welsh team or Bok team that has no creativity.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Arise Sir Maro Itoje
PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2019 12:43 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 1090
What I find remarkable is how he literally doesn't sweat. Players looked soaked out there but not a bead on him.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Arise Sir Maro Itoje
PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2019 12:45 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 19, 2017 1:55 am
Posts: 8465
Location: Newport, Gwent
Openside wrote:
Cool your jets there is a game to win next weekend...

Pfft! If Wales had won this game I'd be on my twelfth wank by now.





Big apologise from bringing this thread down.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Arise Sir Maro Itoje
PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2019 2:39 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 1687
bessantj wrote:
Openside wrote:
Cool your jets there is a game to win next weekend...

Pfft! If Wales had won this game I'd be on my twelfth wank by now.


Your todger is safe from abuse because Wales will never win a WC


Big apologise from bringing this thread down.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Arise Sir Maro Itoje
PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2019 2:44 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 5391
Location: no longer at this address
Openside wrote:
Cool your jets there is a game to win next weekend...


Win or lose he had a great game, buy Sir, needs another 10 years or so at the top!!!!!!

He isn’t Scots. Oops, sorry that slipped out... ;)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Arise Sir Maro Itoje
PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2019 2:47 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 26140
grubberkick wrote:
Openside wrote:
Cool your jets there is a game to win next weekend...


Win or lose he had a great game, buy Sir, needs another 10 years or so at the top!!!!!!

He isn’t Scots. Oops, sorry that slipped out... ;)


Spazzmatic. From the start exclamation points, to the use of Scots to the comedy ending.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Arise Sir Maro Itoje
PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2019 3:31 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 3127
Well done Toe jam.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Arise Sir Maro Itoje
PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2019 3:33 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 16, 2012 5:34 am
Posts: 17802
He's a piece of metal.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Arise Sir Maro Itoje
PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2019 3:58 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 19, 2017 1:55 am
Posts: 8465
Location: Newport, Gwent
Masterji wrote:
bessantj wrote:
Openside wrote:
Cool your jets there is a game to win next weekend...

Pfft! If Wales had won this game I'd be on my twelfth wank by now.


Your todger is safe from abuse because Wales will never win a WC


Big apologise from bringing this thread down.

No.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Arise Sir Maro Itoje
PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2019 4:02 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 24, 2016 12:40 pm
Posts: 5887
Location: Suffolk ba
bessantj wrote:
Masterji wrote:
bessantj wrote:
Openside wrote:
Cool your jets there is a game to win next weekend...

Pfft! If Wales had won this game I'd be on my twelfth wank by now.


Your todger is safe from abuse because Wales will never win a WC


Big apologise from bringing this thread down.

No.


:lol: :lol: :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Arise Sir Maro Itoje
PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2019 4:08 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 7769
Location: London
The sound you can hear on the wind is AC screaming the N word.


Utterly superb effort


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Arise Sir Maro Itoje
PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2019 5:03 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 1687
croyals wrote:
The sound you can hear on the wind is AC screaming the N word.


Utterly superb effort


The N word being no, not again.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Arise Sir Maro Itoje
PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2019 6:57 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 18823
Location: End of the road, turn right and first house on the left
croyals wrote:
The sound you can hear on the wind is AC screaming the N word.


Utterly superb effort



Well, now that Maro has stopped screaming, the rest of us can hear ourselves think.

Don't think I'll ever lose that first impression of him.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Arise Sir Maro Itoje
PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2019 7:30 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 05, 2012 3:15 pm
Posts: 34575
Location: Planet Rock
Enzedder wrote:
croyals wrote:
The sound you can hear on the wind is AC screaming the N word.


Utterly superb effort



Well, now that Maro has stopped screaming, the rest of us can hear ourselves think.

Don't think I'll ever lose that first impression of him.

He hasn't stopped screaming and clapping. He just didn't do it today. Long may the screaming and clapping continue.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Arise Sir Maro Itoje
PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2019 7:34 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 7874
Location: LOL! WISDOM!
Anonymous. wrote:
Enzedder wrote:
croyals wrote:
The sound you can hear on the wind is AC screaming the N word.


Utterly superb effort



Well, now that Maro has stopped screaming, the rest of us can hear ourselves think.

Don't think I'll ever lose that first impression of him.

He hasn't stopped screaming and clapping. He just didn't do it today. Long may the screaming and clapping continue.

He was definitely screaming at Smith at ruck time. He does what it takes.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Arise Sir Maro Itoje
PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2019 7:44 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 10914
Enzedder wrote:
croyals wrote:
The sound you can hear on the wind is AC screaming the N word.


Utterly superb effort



Well, now that Maro has stopped screaming, the rest of us can hear ourselves think.

Don't think I'll ever lose that first impression of him.



I thought you NZs liked a bit of screaming and clapping - is it that he doeasn't poke his tongue out far enough.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Arise Sir Maro Itoje
PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2019 7:45 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 9660
Location: Sunny London
He was great but so was Underhill and to a lesser extent Curry.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Arise Sir Maro Itoje
PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2019 7:48 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 7874
Location: LOL! WISDOM!
Enzedder wrote:
croyals wrote:
The sound you can hear on the wind is AC screaming the N word.


Utterly superb effort



Well, now that Maro has stopped screaming, the rest of us can hear ourselves think.

Don't think I'll ever lose that first impression of him.

:lol: he was taking the piss out of the opposition doing just that.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Arise Sir Maro Itoje
PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2019 7:52 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 13733
Incredible performance. He was everywhere. Genuinely one of the great WC forward displays


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Arise Sir Maro Itoje
PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2019 8:06 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 1289
Location: Saint Paul
When Maro came up from the U20 team, many English fans thought he was the dog's nuts. I didn't see it. Sure he was athletic but was inconsistent and seemed to enjoy getting in the face of the opposition at the expense of playing, hence the well earned emoji moniker. He seems to have put that away and his performance in the semi was extraordinary. One game yada, yada, but his game today was no fluke. Time will tell if he can consistently bring it.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Arise Sir Maro Itoje
PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2019 8:07 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 60102
puku wrote:
When Maro came up from the U20 team, many English fans thought he was the dog's nuts. I didn't see it. Sure he was athletic but was inconsistent and seemed to enjoy getting in the face of the opposition at the expense of playing, hence the well earned emoji moniker. He seems to have put that away and his performance in the semi was extraordinary. One game yada, yada, but his game today was no fluke. Time will tell if he can consistently bring it.



He’s been consistently bringing it for a while.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Arise Sir Maro Itoje
PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2019 8:10 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 9660
Location: Sunny London
bimboman wrote:
puku wrote:
When Maro came up from the U20 team, many English fans thought he was the dog's nuts. I didn't see it. Sure he was athletic but was inconsistent and seemed to enjoy getting in the face of the opposition at the expense of playing, hence the well earned emoji moniker. He seems to have put that away and his performance in the semi was extraordinary. One game yada, yada, but his game today was no fluke. Time will tell if he can consistently bring it.



He’s been consistently bringing it for a while.


This. I think the first time I saw him was for England U21 (think he captained that team). He was phenomenal even back then.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Arise Sir Maro Itoje
PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2019 8:10 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 7338
Location: Toulouse
This player is a gem, I'd love for France to have a lock with half his skills.

He's been excellent ever since he started playing for England, but today he left his mark in rugby's History. He was outstanding.

Both English flankers, Underhill and Curry, also had an outstanding game and shut down the All Blacks in an impressive fashion.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Arise Sir Maro Itoje
PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2019 8:12 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 7769
Location: London
“I really hate the black guy because he makes too much noise and has attitude” - PR


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Arise Sir Maro Itoje
PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2019 8:12 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 9861
Location: location, location
puku wrote:
When Maro came up from the U20 team, many English fans thought he was the dog's nuts. I didn't see it. Sure he was athletic but was inconsistent and seemed to enjoy getting in the face of the opposition at the expense of playing, hence the well earned emoji moniker. He seems to have put that away and his performance in the semi was extraordinary. One game yada, yada, but his game today was no fluke. Time will tell if he can consistently bring it.

He's been top notch for ages. And he's only 24. If you didn't see it then you're a fairly crap judge of talent.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Arise Sir Maro Itoje
PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2019 8:20 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 11290
bimboman wrote:
puku wrote:
When Maro came up from the U20 team, many English fans thought he was the dog's nuts. I didn't see it. Sure he was athletic but was inconsistent and seemed to enjoy getting in the face of the opposition at the expense of playing, hence the well earned emoji moniker. He seems to have put that away and his performance in the semi was extraordinary. One game yada, yada, but his game today was no fluke. Time will tell if he can consistently bring it.



He’s been consistently bringing it for a while.


:nod:

Other than Curry and Underhill being hugely influential as well, Lawes was excellent. I thought he had a really good Lions series, but didn’t get utilised in the tests enough.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Arise Sir Maro Itoje
PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2019 8:23 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 60102
mr bungle wrote:
bimboman wrote:
puku wrote:
When Maro came up from the U20 team, many English fans thought he was the dog's nuts. I didn't see it. Sure he was athletic but was inconsistent and seemed to enjoy getting in the face of the opposition at the expense of playing, hence the well earned emoji moniker. He seems to have put that away and his performance in the semi was extraordinary. One game yada, yada, but his game today was no fluke. Time will tell if he can consistently bring it.



He’s been consistently bringing it for a while.


:nod:

Other than Curry and Underhill being hugely influential as well, Lawes was excellent. I thought he had a really good Lions series, but didn’t get utilised in the tests enough.



Post the Lions Lawes has been excellent club and country.... he was player of the first half really. They also both did the grunt work required as well.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Arise Sir Maro Itoje
PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2019 8:24 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 26140
croyals wrote:
“I really hate the black guy because he makes too much noise and has attitude” - PR


Jesus.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Arise Sir Maro Itoje
PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2019 8:25 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 1687
The U20 team that beat the Bok juniors was exceptional as was the Bok juniors. Itoje stood out as a future star even then.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Arise Sir Maro Itoje
PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2019 8:28 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 1289
Location: Saint Paul
alliswell wrote:
puku wrote:
When Maro came up from the U20 team, many English fans thought he was the dog's nuts. I didn't see it. Sure he was athletic but was inconsistent and seemed to enjoy getting in the face of the opposition at the expense of playing, hence the well earned emoji moniker. He seems to have put that away and his performance in the semi was extraordinary. One game yada, yada, but his game today was no fluke. Time will tell if he can consistently bring it.

He's been top notch for ages. And he's only 24. If you didn't see it then you're a fairly crap judge of talent.


That's cold bro. I didn't say he didn't have the talent (athleticism), and the fact that he is 24 is irrelevant to my point. It is a matter of opinion, but I've watched him play in the 6Ns and the last Lions tour and he didn't stand out consistently for me. Today he did against arguably opponent locks who where considered top 5.

Side note...are you really in Chippewa county?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Arise Sir Maro Itoje
PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2019 8:39 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 05, 2012 3:15 pm
Posts: 34575
Location: Planet Rock
puku wrote:
alliswell wrote:
puku wrote:
When Maro came up from the U20 team, many English fans thought he was the dog's nuts. I didn't see it. Sure he was athletic but was inconsistent and seemed to enjoy getting in the face of the opposition at the expense of playing, hence the well earned emoji moniker. He seems to have put that away and his performance in the semi was extraordinary. One game yada, yada, but his game today was no fluke. Time will tell if he can consistently bring it.

He's been top notch for ages. And he's only 24. If you didn't see it then you're a fairly crap judge of talent.


That's cold bro. I didn't say he didn't have the talent (athleticism), and the fact that he is 24 is irrelevant to my point. It is a matter of opinion, but I've watched him play in the 6Ns and the last Lions tour and he didn't stand out consistently for me. Today he did against arguably opponent locks who where considered top 5.

Side note...are you really in Chippewa county?

Everyone has a right to their opinion. Yours is shit but it's yours :thumbup:


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 72 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: booji boy, elcamino, farmerdave, Google Adsense [Bot], Kiwias, Lacrobat, OttawaKat, Pat the Ex Mat, Sensible Stephen, Sonny Blount, Troll, wolfmother and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group