Chat Forum
It is currently Fri Dec 13, 2019 12:46 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 317 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2019 1:05 pm 

UncleFB wrote:
Floppykid wrote:
More stories about Zinzan please.

I can do a non Bellend one (probably wont put a dent in the bellend ones), when I was 12 I played in a schoolboy rep rugby tournament and the might Auckland team had just travelled down to smash my beloved Magpies by about 60 odd points. On their bus ride back to Auckalnd they stopped in and watched some of the schoolboy rugby. We were playing as they were mingling and had hopped on the bus, but when they saw us come of the field a few of them jumped back off and came and talked to us for about 15 minutes - Zinny had about 10 bags of (I assume sponsors) lollies (sweets) that he handed out to us while chatting.

A year later he was doing a book signing and I took an Auckland jersey along to get signed (my sister loved Zinny but couldn't get out of school) and Zinny remembered meeting me from the year before and we chatted about the tournament (sadly we didn't win it).

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: that never happened.

Unless you mean it went like this.

You: Can I have my jersey signed Mr Brooke?
Him: grunt
You: You gave me some lollies last year at a rugby game, do you remember me?
You: cool.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2019 2:53 pm 

Stjudes wrote:
Steamin Beamin wrote:
Ryan Grant is an absolute plum.

I'd love to hear why. I played for years with his brother, may be its genetic.

He's an arrogant prick. His head is wedged firmly up his own arse.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2019 3:08 pm 

Had heard stories about Gordon D'arcy but he was an absolute gent the time I met him. Can vouch for Mike Phillips, absolute legend. Leo Cullen wasn't particularly nice but in his defence I was quite drunk inquiring about a game the day before where they were badly beaten. Malcolm O'Kelly was with him and seemed to find the whole exchange hilarious.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2019 3:44 pm 

colonel wrote:
I assume no one has mentioned Olly Barkley due to it being the most taken as read thing that's ever been posited?

I've run into him on a few occasions, and he came across as a complete f*cking tool.

However, he was out of his face drunk on every occasion, so I can't judge him outside of this.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2019 4:05 pm 

Floppykid wrote:

Screwed quite a few people financially while running a B&B in Windsor, which went bust in 3 years.

However, a friend's son went to Zinzan's wedding

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2019 4:08 pm 

William David Charles Carling

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2019 4:13 pm 

hermie wrote:
Had heard stories about Gordon D'arcy but he was an absolute gent the time I met him. Can vouch for Mike Phillips, absolute legend. Leo Cullen wasn't particularly nice but in his defence I was quite drunk inquiring about a game the day before where they were badly beaten. Malcolm O'Kelly was with him and seemed to find the whole exchange hilarious.

Used to see him around a good bit when I was in UCD, never approached him as I thought the lad is here to learn, don't be a bellend and annoy him. Couple people I know have some modules with him and he was a down to earth, sound lad. Saw Cian Healy and Jamie Heaslip in the library downstairs shop, all I could think was what an absolute unit Healy was, arms the size of legs :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2019 4:23 pm 

DragonKhan wrote:
hermie wrote:

Used to see him around a good bit when I was in UCD, never approached him as I thought the lad is here to learn, don't be a bellend and annoy him. Couple people I know have some modules with him and he was a down to earth, sound lad. Saw Cian Healy and Jamie Heaslip in the library downstairs shop, all I could think was what an absolute unit Healy was, arms the size of legs :lol:

I could absolutely imagine Healy propositioning the library to host a DJ set of his (and I'd go, because I think libraries need more DJ sets.)

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2019 5:08 pm 

Da iawn diolch wrote:
colonel wrote:
I assume no one has mentioned Olly Barkley due to it being the most taken as read thing that's ever been posited?

I've run into him on a few occasions, and he came across as a complete f*cking tool.

However, he was out of his face drunk on every occasion, so I can't judge him outside of this.

An ex team mate of mine knew him well whilst he was at bath. He was rarely sober apparently and was a bad drunk.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2019 6:05 pm 

happyhooker wrote:
Da iawn diolch wrote:
colonel wrote:

An ex team mate of mine knew him well whilst he was at bath. He was rarely sober apparently and was a bad drunk.

I always thought he came across as a smug wanker.

This quote from Wiki is interesting in the context of his drinking

Quote:
Barkley is a Patron for NACOA – a charity that provides information, advice and support for anyone affected by his parents drinking.[19]

Barkley says "Nacoa is a worthy cause and I intend to do the best I can to raise awareness of this hidden illness, an illness that’s close to home for me. Alcohol abuse is everywhere and it’s not only the drinkers who bear the brunt. More often than not, it’s the family or close friends that are affected both emotionally and physically. The unconditional support that Nacoa offers is crucial. To know there is somebody on the end of the phone can sometimes be the difference that person needs to help them through the day, month and sometimes a lifetime." [19]

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2019 6:26 pm 

happyhooker wrote:
Da iawn diolch wrote:
colonel wrote:

He’s supposed to be a complete Cock.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2019 6:39 pm 

Most are decent lads. Of players I have met (as in talked to for a minute or two or more, not just passed in the street or got the autograph of) 2 stand out

John Eales
Martin Johnston

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2019 6:45 pm 

The Prophet Zarquon wrote:
Most are decent lads. Of players I have met (as in talked to for a minute or two or more, not just passed in the street or got the autograph of) 2 stand out

John Eales
Martin Johnston

Because of their height??

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:20 pm 

More Zinzan.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:30 pm 

Floppykid wrote:
More Zinzan.

And Ollie Barkley

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:33 pm 

5 pages and no Paddy Jackson/Stuart Olding???
Thought the Mental Munster duo would be making hay on this thread.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:40 pm 

Jim Lahey wrote:

In fairness Olding seems ok

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2019 8:04 pm 

I've heard Olding is you're typical self obsessed wank, the debacle that happened did nothing to dispell that despite the verdict.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2019 8:06 pm 

Jim Lahey wrote:

Sure they sound like assholes but that other chap (Harrison?) seemed like the biggest wanker of the bunch

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2019 8:34 pm 

Never met a nasty South African (rugby player). Every single one I've encountered over the years has been pleasant - Habana, Matfield and Juan Smith were particularly nice.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2019 8:39 pm 

Last Line wrote:
William David Charles Carling

Di cant attest to his bellend any more.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2019 5:15 am 

alliswell wrote:
Jim Lahey wrote:

Sure they sound like assholes but that other chap (Harrison?) seemed like the biggest wanker of the bunch

You sure? Case dismissed.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2019 5:16 am 

happyhooker wrote:
The Prophet Zarquon wrote:

John Eales
Martin Johnston

Because of their height??

:lol:

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2019 5:20 am 

clydecloggie wrote:
Tim Visser had a mention yet? Prick.

Who was the SA coach of an English Premiership team who was a right dick in an interview saying how wonderful the ref was, when he meant the exact opposite? His surname also started with V, I think.

Isn't Diamond supposed to be a numpty?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2019 5:27 am 

LandOTurk wrote:
clydecloggie wrote:
Tim Visser had a mention yet? Prick.

Who was the SA coach of an English Premiership team who was a right dick in an interview saying how wonderful the ref was, when he meant the exact opposite? His surname also started with V, I think.

Isn't Diamond supposed to be a numpty?

Brendan Venter?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2019 5:55 am 

I've met quite a few Aussie players and they were all top blokes. Gregan was a tad aloof but generally nice and polite.

I also met the entire AB touring party in 1992. Had a lot of fun with them and convinced Frank Bunce to come and play for the Melbourne Uni team in the national uni games that were on that week. He didn't turn up.

What a cock.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2019 6:47 am 

Steamin Beamin wrote:
Stjudes wrote:
Steamin Beamin wrote:
Ryan Grant is an absolute plum.

I'd love to hear why. I played for years with his brother, may be its genetic.

He's an arrogant prick. His head is wedged firmly up his own arse.

Might be genetic then, or the ex-pat brat effect.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2019 7:05 am 

hermie wrote:

The way I heard it, Darse came out of school thinking he was the business, and that he didn't have to train or watch what he ate to be a rugby superstar. Somewhere along the way he must have got his head right, because he turned into a model pro and built a nice long career for himself.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2019 8:24 am 

DOB wrote:
hermie wrote:

The way I heard it, Darse came out of school thinking he was the business, and that he didn't have to train or watch what he ate to be a rugby superstar. Somewhere along the way he must have got his head right, because he turned into a model pro and built a nice long career for himself.

I can agree with that, I knew him from about 21 and the penny was beginning to drop.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2019 9:33 am 

Moncreif wrote:
UncleFB wrote:
Floppykid wrote:

I can do a non Bellend one (probably wont put a dent in the bellend ones), when I was 12 I played in a schoolboy rep rugby tournament and the might Auckland team had just travelled down to smash my beloved Magpies by about 60 odd points. On their bus ride back to Auckalnd they stopped in and watched some of the schoolboy rugby. We were playing as they were mingling and had hopped on the bus, but when they saw us come of the field a few of them jumped back off and came and talked to us for about 15 minutes - Zinny had about 10 bags of (I assume sponsors) lollies (sweets) that he handed out to us while chatting.

A year later he was doing a book signing and I took an Auckland jersey along to get signed (my sister loved Zinny but couldn't get out of school) and Zinny remembered meeting me from the year before and we chatted about the tournament (sadly we didn't win it).

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: that never happened.

Unless you mean it went like this.

You: Can I have my jersey signed Mr Brooke?
You: You gave me some lollies last year at a rugby game, do you remember me?
You: cool.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2019 9:56 am 

Stjudes wrote:
DOB wrote:
hermie wrote:

I can agree with that, I knew him from about 21 and the penny was beginning to drop.

A certain 2nd row/8, and object of affection of statisticians hereabouts, contemporary of his never seemed to quite learn the lesson.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2019 10:41 am 

naki wrote:
Never met a nasty South African (rugby player). Every single one I've encountered over the years has been pleasant - Habana, Matfield and Juan Smith were particularly nice.

I've never met a nice South African.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aeDk6ZeGNnU

I love Saffers, and work with a bunch of them - top blokes to a man. But that video always tickles me.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2019 5:05 pm 

Some great stuff here from Neil Back. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2NuQ0bUztDY

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2019 7:46 pm 

Mike Voyle ex Wales player lives in New Zealand now . He didn't change his ways after he left Wales, my interactions lead to me to suspect he's some sort of sociopath.

What kind of prick says he's going to appeal his sentence after getting a slap on the wrist for hitting a pedestrian with his car while speeding , driving off and then trying to pretend his car was stolen? http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/wales/1184442.stm

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2019 7:47 pm 

Howley

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2019 7:48 pm 

Beat me to it, Plato.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2019 8:50 pm 

sculler wrote:
Some great stuff here from Neil Back. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2NuQ0bUztDY

“Nincompoop !”

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2019 10:25 pm 

Heard from a work colleague that James O' Connor is a bigger cock in person than you thought.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2019 10:30 pm 

henry wrote:
Beat me to it, Plato.

You snooze you lose.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2019 10:39 pm 

Gavin Hastings - incredibly dull and incredibly arrogant.
Will Greenwood - will do anything for you. For a fee.
Zinzan - everything you've heard is true. Do not trust him.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 317 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next