Chat Forum
It is currently Mon Oct 14, 2019 10:38 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 284 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 8  Next
PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 1:22 pm 

Another shout for Gavin Hastings. Had a drink with him and Craig Chalmers a few years ago and the only decent thing I could say about Hastings was that Chalmers was an even bigger cock.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 1:23 pm 

slick wrote:
backrow wrote:
slick wrote:
backrow wrote:
Petros wrote:
Matt Dawson

Ah now I’ve met Matt Dawson through work as he has a superfoods health line - I was expecting a bellend of sorts but in fact found him very pleasant and professional. His BBC question of sport twat banter persona was not apparent in any way.

He must have been trying very hard because he is deffo a twat. Punched me on the back of the head when I was having a piss once. One of a few run ins.

You are about a foot taller than him - what was the context of the punch and the piss? And why so many run ins, did he trot out for Amersham 3rds or something ?

He was the year ahead of me at a local school and an opposing club so I played against him a few times and we played together (him 9, me 10) for county age groups when I moved up to help out a couple of times. This was a county dinner and I was having a piss when he came up behing and punched me, then stood with about 6 guys from his team saying " what are you going to do about it".

Please tell me you went for it. That would be a kicking well worth taking.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 1:29 pm 

Diego wrote:
Seán O'Brien and Peter O'Mahony are the two I've heard most frequently. SOB more when he's on the piss (lol) tbf, POM is apparently a bit weird and not at all personable.

Re PO'M default setting for most Munster folk really.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 1:37 pm 

Auckman wrote:
Ali Williams - tosser on and off the field in both teams you're in with him and on the opposing team.

His brother is the complete opposite though.

I haven't heard anything about him but he would've been my first candidate, just from watching him on tv, such a knob.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 1:46 pm 

msp. wrote:
Sinkers wrote:
Campo - complete knobhead
Fitzy - grumpy miserable git. But it was just after his retirement and he just seemed bitter about everything.

I always thought Campo would be ok one to one, just plays up to the media..

Ftzy - heard that he thinks he is alway correct..

Fits is very friendly with my daughter’s friends family, and he pitched up with them in a local pub in Strandhill one evening and he apparently was the picture of good grace and friendliness. We were away at the time and were a bit surprised to get a photo of Fitz and my daughter and a few locals.

Met the ABs in a pub in Greystones in 1989 the day they travelled to Dublin after they’d beaten Wales. I as with a mate who was very friendly with Frank Botica, with whom he’d played with in Aus, and when he asked Buck Shelford to stand into a photo with us Shelford was incredibly nasty and aggressive to Botica. I’d have told him to fcuk off there and then, but he’s is fcuking enormous and I’m a coward.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 1:52 pm 

backrow wrote:
assfly wrote:
Sexton.

Can you elaborate a bit ?
You’ve met him/ your mate met him blah blah ?

I met Sexton a couple of times during his sentence in France. An absolute gent.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 1:57 pm 

One for the the older Irish posters only:

I had the great misfortune to run across Mick Doyle many times during the late '90s. Absolutely obnoxious when sober, & even worse when drunk.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 2:00 pm 

Globus

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 2:03 pm 

Average Joe wrote:
James Dalton

20 years ago, a mate and I were jolling in Rosebank and James called him over gave him R300 and told him to go buy some 'drinks' and quickly. We scarpered with the cash. :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 2:03 pm 

Lenny wrote:
msp. wrote:
Sinkers wrote:
Fitzy - grumpy miserable git. But it was just after his retirement and he just seemed bitter about everything.

Fits is very friendly with my daughter’s friends family, and he pitched up with them in a local pub in Strandhill one evening and he apparently was the picture of good grace and friendliness. We were away at the time and were a bit surprised to get a photo of Fitz and my daughter and a few locals.

Met the ABs in a pub in Greystones in 1989 the day they travelled to Dublin after they’d beaten Wales. I as with a mate who was very friendly with Frank Botica, with whom he’d played with in Aus, and when he asked Buck Shelford to stand into a photo with us Shelford was incredibly nasty and aggressive to Botica. I’d have told him to fcuk off there and then, but he’s is fcuking enormous and I’m a coward.

Frano not Frank Botica. Bumped into him several times when he played for Llanelli. It was always in the pisser the night after a game and he was in Scarlets attire with teammates. Always absolutely hammered - staggering, slurring but pleasant with it.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 2:40 pm 

LandOTurk wrote:
Lenny wrote:
msp. wrote:
Sinkers wrote:

Frano not Frank Botica. Bumped into him several times when he played for Llanelli. It was always in the pisser the night after a game and he was in Scarlets attire with teammates. Always absolutely hammered - staggering, slurring but pleasant with it.

Typed Frano but it autocorrected. In fairness, the day I met him practically every AB in the place was shitfaced, but he seemed like a really nice guy. Shelford, though, was deeply unpleasant.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 2:47 pm 

When I was chairman,team manager, kit man, waterboy and medic, entertainment sec. etc etc of a Boys rugby team, I was quite proud when we got a young Richard Webster, to come to present the annual awards. After he gave his speech, telling a number of my players, that they should leave our club and go to his local club I have to admit I lost all respect for him. :x

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 2:48 pm 

I forgot to mention Ben Te'o. Do not approach on a night out.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 3:02 pm 

Diego wrote:

Good plan for any famous person you see, they generally don't want to be disturbed by the general public when having a drink.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 3:41 pm 

Sort of a cross-post with the other thread I started.

I've run into the Quins lads plenty in the Alma and the Ship in Wandsworth down the years, with Danny Care particularly surprising me by being a decent bloke.

One I've never bumped into is Mike Brown, and I really want to believe he's the same sulky, aggro twat off the field too.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 3:47 pm 

Da iawn diolch wrote:

I've run into the Quins lads plenty in the Alma and the Ship in Wandsworth down the years, with Danny Care particularly surprising me by being a decent bloke.

One I've never bumped into is Mike Brown, and I really want to believe he's the same sulky, aggro twat off the field too.

Thats where I met Danny Care, clearly you met him on a 'good day'

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 3:49 pm 

Sandstorm wrote:
Diego wrote:

Good plan for any famous person you see, they generally don't want to be disturbed by the general public when having a drink.

Shouldn't be out in the general public then is my attitude.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 3:51 pm 

Floppykid wrote:
Sandstorm wrote:
Diego wrote:

Yes - they make loads of money because they are famous - part of the job.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 4:01 pm 

danny_fitz wrote:
Da iawn diolch wrote:

Go on...

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 4:06 pm 

BlackMac wrote:
Another shout for Gavin Hastings. Had a drink with him and Craig Chalmers a few years ago and the only decent thing I could say about Hastings was that Chalmers was an even bigger cock.

This.

Scott Gibbs was good value when i met him surprised by the earlier comment but everyone has off days, also found JJ ok so surprised by that.

In the dicks pile i would have

de Glanville

Good value

Fin Calder but have heard he can be marmite was decent with me.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 4:24 pm 

Da iawn diolch wrote:
danny_fitz wrote:
Da iawn diolch wrote:

Go on...

He wandered over to where three of us were propping up the bar and just stood between myself, my mate and our mutual female friend who he had taken a shine to. Tried to give it some piss poor pick up 'chat' to her and subsequently got all arsey when she politely told him to basically leave her alone so can continue to talk to her mates. He seemed genuinely aggrieved that she had turned down his advances so opted to just be rude obnoxious twat to everyone. Yes he had clearly been on a session but he really was an utter bellend and pretty lost any respect I had for him.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 4:29 pm 

frillage wrote:
Globus

‘Players’ only. And not in the Oundle sense.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 4:54 pm 

BokJock wrote:
Floppykid wrote:
Sandstorm wrote:
Diego wrote:

Yup, prestige and wonderful money usually for the famous ones.
They can at least not be wanks, I'm also not prepared to make excuses for them being young and big headed.
A prick is a prick is a prick.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 5:00 pm 

Floppykid wrote:
BokJock wrote:
Floppykid wrote:
Sandstorm wrote:
Diego wrote:

Yup, prestige and wonderful money usually for the famous ones.
They can at least not be wanks, I'm also not prepared to make excuses for them being young and big headed.
A prick is a prick is a prick.

:thumbup:

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 5:08 pm 

One that won’t come as a shock to anyone. I had the misfortune to come into contact through business with Neil Francis many moons ago when he was playing for Ireland, and he was as big a cnut as it’s possible to meet. Absolute tosser.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 6:13 pm 

Da iawn diolch wrote:
crash 669 wrote:
slick wrote:
backrow wrote:
Petros wrote:
Matt Dawson

Ah now I’ve met Matt Dawson through work as he has a superfoods health line - I was expecting a bellend of sorts but in fact found him very pleasant and professional. His BBC question of sport twat banter persona was not apparent in any way.

He must have been trying very hard because he is deffo a twat. Punched me on the back of the head when I was having a piss once. One of a few run ins.

I was at school with his cousin and he was a little cunt too, must run in the family.

Sadly Mark Cueto was a bit of a prick when he met Braz. Though Brazil does have that effect on people.

I met Cueto in a corporate box at Twickenham, and can report nothing of the sort.

In spite of being dazzled by his perma-tan, he did a great job of entertaining a bunch of (very) drunk blokes.

I can confirm that Brazil was heartbroken at The Stoop having met Cueto.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 6:32 pm 

lilyw wrote:

I had the great misfortune to run across Mick Doyle many times during the late '90s. Absolutely obnoxious when sober, & even worse when drunk.

Probably not as obnoxious as Mike Gibson (centre), who doesnt get drunk.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 7:18 pm 

Hask...
Quote:
England rugby player James Haskell made his feelings perfectly clear on Facebook this week when he contacted love rival Romain Girbal, who has apparently shacked up with Haskell's ex-girlfriend Felicia Field-Hall, a model and television presenter. Haskell contacted tennis coach Girbal on the social networking site, reportedly writing: "Hi Romain, you don't know me but I know you. You are the guy who thought it was a good idea to f--- my girlfriend. I now know where you live and work. If you don't f--- off back where you came from, you womanising c---, I am going to pay you a visit and make sure the only tennis you play is on your computer." A few hours later, he sent Girbal another Facebook message, The Daily Mail reports. "I suggest you keep your d--- in your pants tomorrow when you play tennis with her. Then I would stop seeing her, I'll be watching."

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 7:59 pm 

BlackMac wrote:

Add Sean Lineen to that list

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 8:39 pm 

RodneyRegis wrote:
Hask...
Quote:
England rugby player James Haskell made his feelings perfectly clear on Facebook this week when he contacted love rival Romain Girbal, who has apparently shacked up with Haskell's ex-girlfriend Felicia Field-Hall, a model and television presenter. Haskell contacted tennis coach Girbal on the social networking site, reportedly writing: "Hi Romain, you don't know me but I know you. You are the guy who thought it was a good idea to f--- my girlfriend. I now know where you live and work. If you don't f--- off back where you came from, you womanising c---, I am going to pay you a visit and make sure the only tennis you play is on your computer." A few hours later, he sent Girbal another Facebook message, The Daily Mail reports. "I suggest you keep your d--- in your pants tomorrow when you play tennis with her. Then I would stop seeing her, I'll be watching."

I can sympathise if the fella is knobbing his missus but-

Hask and Doran-Jones are massive helmets.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 9:00 pm 

Lenny wrote:
One that won’t come as a shock to anyone. I had the misfortune to come into contact through business with Neil Francis many moons ago when he was playing for Ireland, and he was as big a cnut as it’s possible to meet. Absolute tosser.

I am going to fųcking cut you :x

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 9:01 pm 

Trostan wrote:
lilyw wrote:

Probably not as obnoxious as Mike Gibson (centre), who doesnt get drunk.

Mike Gibson obnoxious? Nope, not possible.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 9:06 pm 

Ronan O'Gara.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 9:25 pm 

I'm surprised people think they can walk up to a stranger and expect a decent conversation.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 9:59 pm 

DragsterDriver wrote:
RodneyRegis wrote:
Hask...
Quote:

I can sympathise if the fella is knobbing his missus but-

Hask and Doran-Jones are massive helmets.

If it's his ex, it's kind've sinister to be honest.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 10:15 pm 

Sounds like the Scots have more than their fair share of bellends.

Somewhat oddly, given that they haven't produced a decent player since about 1985.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 10:19 pm 

MrDominator wrote:
Sounds like the Scots have more than their fair share of bellends.

Somewhat oddly, given that they haven't produced a decent player since about 1985.

And by coincidence, the last year you had anything interesting to say.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 10:20 pm 

BlackMac wrote:

A friend of mine was at uni with gavin at cambridge. It was well known that he really wasn't up to it, but got help with essays, exams in advance etc.

They were playing rugby somewhere up where the hastings grew up and a few of them went for supper at their house. Later in the evening while they were sitting around having a late whisky, Scott came into the room and was asked asked if he was following gavin to cambridge.

His dad butted in saying 'no, gavin is the brains of the family'

My mate and others apparently had a hard time stifling their laughter

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 11:35 pm 

Gwyn Jones (pre neck fracture) was reputedly a knob while in medical school. For a while he was a contemporary of my niece's (until the fracture put him back a couple of years) and she was not the only one to end up being pissed on him, literally, on the many occasions in Med Club when he couldn't be arsed to go to the ty bach because he was too hammered.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2019 12:03 am 

Sinkers wrote:
Taranaki Snapper wrote:
Gazzamonster wrote:
Matthew Ridge was (probably still is) an arrogant piece of work. Never understood the chemistry between him and Marc Ellis - who was a good guy the couple of times I met them.

Funnily enough, I was out one night with Ridgey, who I'd always thought to be a dick until I met him that day, Marty Devlin and later that night, Marc Ellis...the Dick of the Day was Zinzan Brooke, who I ran into later that night...it was the night of the 2003 RWC Final in Sydney, I'd been up to no good with Devlin, Ridge and Nicky Watson and we had arranged to meet Ellis at the bar du jour...finally got in, saw Brooke holding court at the bar, he was a favourite AB of mine in his playing days, I introduced myself and said I just wanted to pay my respects...he proceeded to hang shit on me about my "tea-towel" Ben Sherman to amuse his friends so I told him to get f**ked and went back to my group...

Zinzan can fudge right off if he doesn’t appreciate a gingham Ben Sherman.

My thoughts, exactly...

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 284 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 8  Next