It is currently Fri Dec 13, 2019 10:09 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2019 4:55 am 

lol japan beat NZ in the Oceania 7's :P

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2019 7:14 am 

kiap wrote:
Zakar wrote:
kiap wrote:
I think Niue (pop. 1500) might be theoretically eligible. ;) NCL is a personally-held colony of Napoleon's, hence not olympic eligible for Oceania. Ditto Japan (Hirohito), although they are hosting the show and therefore aren't in need of a ticket.

TBF, the way it's drawn does actually make sense.

f**king Bullshit for Niue :lol:

Looks like they're probably ineligible as a personally held colony of Jacinta

Bloody Jacinta, eh.

She's a tyrant! :nod:

Same with the other NZ colonies of Tokelau, Cook Islands and Niue. They're good for providing their colonial contributions for Te Empire when called upon.

jesus just read Japan beat NZ. :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2019 7:20 am 

kiap wrote:
Auckman wrote:
kiap wrote:
Auckman wrote:
yet they have to play against Fiji and NZ who are already qualified. .

Actually not true.

The qualification will be decided before any potential match-up with either of those.

How does that work? Are only points against other teams counted??

Nup. They can't meet until the final, deliberately so, due to the draw and semifinals path. One of the semis is essentially the olympic qualification decider. It works like this.

Right, ok I got you now.

It's a straight shootout between Samoa and Australia for Tokyo then*.

*if Australia gets past Tonga and Samoa gets through the Cooks.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2019 9:24 am 

Auckman wrote:
kiap wrote:
Zakar wrote:
kiap wrote:
I think Niue (pop. 1500) might be theoretically eligible. ;) NCL is a personally-held colony of Napoleon's, hence not olympic eligible for Oceania. Ditto Japan (Hirohito), although they are hosting the show and therefore aren't in need of a ticket.

TBF, the way it's drawn does actually make sense.

f**king Bullshit for Niue :lol:

Looks like they're probably ineligible as a personally held colony of Jacinta

Bloody Jacinta, eh.

She's a tyrant! :nod:

Same with the other NZ colonies of Tokelau, Cook Islands and Niue. They're good for providing their colonial contributions for Te Empire when called upon.

jesus just read Japan beat NZ. :lol:

Cmon I thought you wanted some accuracy about the Pacific in here, not colony, dependant territory
Quote:
dependent territory, dependent area or dependency is a territory that does not possess full political independence or sovereignty as a sovereign state yet remains politically outside the controlling state's integral area.[1]

A dependency is commonly distinguished from country subdivisions by not being considered to be an integral territory of the governing state. Administrative subdivisions instead are understood as typically representing a division of the state proper. A dependent territory conversely often maintains a great degree of autonomy from the controlling central state
Ive been to both Niue and Cooks, NZ flavour about but definitely their own countries

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2019 9:25 am 

Samoa Oz final play off for qualification is on

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2019 9:52 am 

I was obviously joking about the bros from the Cooks and Niue. They are pretty much independent but NZ controls their foreign policy and defence. Tokelau is a little different. NZ still directly administers the territory with the local territorial assembly but NZ has final say over financial matters. All residents of the Cooks, Niue and Tokelau are NZ citizens.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2019 10:17 am 

lol fiji- japan final tomorrow :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2019 11:16 am 

https://amp.rugbypass.com/news/leone-na ... racing-92/

Apparently his agent who was meant to handle communication failed to inform the club of a personal issue Nakarawa is dealing with.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2019 12:29 pm 

He won't be short of offers.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2019 5:44 am 

lol NZ finishes at 7th place at the Oceania Rugby Sevens :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2019 5:57 am 

Australia beat Samoa to qualify. :thumbup:

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2019 5:57 am 

From 12-0 up to 19-12 defeat. Samoa are f**king mentally weak. They need a psychologist.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2019 6:12 am 

did quadzilla play yet for oz? game is geo-blocked in fiji so not watching

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2019 7:18 am 

comets wrote:
did quadzilla play yet for oz? game is geo-blocked in fiji so not watching

Na, wasn't in the squad.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2019 1:47 pm 

Australia Oceania champions for both men and women 7s. :thumbup:

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2019 12:00 am 

Great weekend for sevens program but still not sure Walsh has the cattle for next year

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2019 12:51 am 

grievous wrote:
Great weekend for sevens program but still not sure Walsh has the cattle for next year

Depends how much the speedster comes on. With him, longbottom, hutch and cusack they could compete for a medal. The good thing about 7s is it's much more prone to upsets.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2019 8:12 pm 

There are rumours that Fiji are trying to attract Clermont Auvergne coach Franck Azema. Interesting to see how this develops. But obviously, the Clermont Fijian brigade must have said positive things about him.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2019 11:31 pm 

TheFrog wrote:
There are rumours that Fiji are trying to attract Clermont Auvergne coach Franck Azema. Interesting to see how this develops. But obviously, the Clermont Fijian brigade must have said positive things about him.

yeah we don't want ANOTHER failed coach, i'm talking to a few ppl in the knowabout to see if its possible to get Cotter instead..

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2019 11:57 pm 

comets wrote:
TheFrog wrote:

yeah we don't want ANOTHER failed coach, i'm talking to a few ppl in the knowabout to see if its possible to get Cotter instead..

Not sure Azema is what you should call a failed coach. But Cotter would be a good bet too. By the way, he did coach Clermont as well. And he nurtured Azema.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2019 5:02 am 

yes we'd rather have the master than a servant....so that he can nurture one of our local ones ...

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2019 4:07 pm 

comets wrote:
yes we'd rather have the master than a servant....so that he can nurture one of our local ones ...

And then get his servant, though a Fijian one :lol:

I like your logic.

Anyway, Cotter would be a good choice but he is likely to be expensive. A friend of mine who knows him told me he turned down an offer from NZ to succeed Henry because the money wasn't good enough.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2019 10:20 pm 

no one turns down the NZ gig, your friend is a liar :o ..... just found out Nakarawa got suspended by Racing, pathetic really, i remember saying on facebook many years ago that french clubs will overuse. overplay and underpay islanders and once their body can't take it anymore, fire them... looks like it was true.. Leone knew his was towards the end of his career so was back building his home because he knows once he returns there in 3 years or so, he will have a home to come home too but alas, french clubs being arseholes again .. i know one of his cousin, i'll try to get him to leave that club cause ANY club will sign him....he doesn't need to be at that club.. there are no players in world rugby that can play 4-8 anymore..

Last edited by comets on Tue Nov 19, 2019 8:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2019 12:54 am 

PacificRugbyWelfare
@pacificwelfare
·
3h
On the eve of their kidney transplant operation we pray for Gods safe keeping of father & son, Vili & Samson Ma’asi 🇹🇴🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿

Samson who captained
@EnglandRugby
U18 recently suffered from kidney failure & His Dad, Tongan international
@VMaasi
was found to be a match as a donor 🙏🏽💪🏾

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2019 2:51 am 

eldanielfire wrote:
PacificRugbyWelfare
@pacificwelfare
·
3h
On the eve of their kidney transplant operation we pray for Gods safe keeping of father & son, Vili & Samson Ma’asi 🇹🇴🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿

Samson who captained
@EnglandRugby
U18 recently suffered from kidney failure & His Dad, Tongan international
@VMaasi
was found to be a match as a donor 🙏🏽💪🏾

Crossing fingers.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2019 2:22 am 

lol naka came to france, was told they will make a decision on the 22th, he went back to fiji lol...

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2019 8:24 am 

FRU talking to 2 other france based coaches, former Toulon forwards' coach Jaques Delmas and the guy i want to be the next fiji coach, Cotter, hope we get Cotter :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2019 8:31 am 

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome back ...

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2019 5:32 pm 

comets wrote:
FRU talking to 2 other france based coaches, former Toulon forwards' coach Jaques Delmas and the guy i want to be the next fiji coach, Cotter, hope we get Cotter :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

As sad as it may be, I think Fiji can't afford Cotter. Now, if Cotter decides to do something for the good of Fijian rugby, and rugby in general, this would be wonderful.

Great game by Raka and especially Yato for Clermont. I am delighted that Yato is maturing into the player he was always promising to be. Fiji with him are going to be a massive threat.

Nakarawa could join the Fijian contingent at Clermont by the way.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2019 5:34 pm 

TheFrog wrote:
comets wrote:

As sad as it may be, I think Fiji can't afford Cotter. Now, if Cotter decides to do something for the good of Fijian rugby, and rugby in general, this would be wonderful.

Great game by Raka and especially Yato for Clermont. I am delighted that Yato is maturing into the player he was always promising to be. Fiji with him are going to be a massive threat.

WR pays 70% of the pay for national team coaches, Rugby union bodies pays the remainder.... also what do you know about Naka?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2019 5:41 pm 

comets wrote:
TheFrog wrote:
comets wrote:

WR pays 70% of the pay for national team coaches, Rugby union bodies pays the remainder.... also what do you know about Naka?

Clermont, like a few other Top14 clubs, are watching Racing. If they fire Nakarawa, they will definitely make a move.

Can you imagine Nakarawa and Yato playing in the same team :shock: :thumbup:

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2019 6:41 pm 

TheFrog wrote:
comets wrote:
TheFrog wrote:
comets wrote:

Clermont, like a few other Top14 clubs, are watching Racing. If they fire Nakarawa, they will definitely make a move.

Can you imagine Nakarawa and Yato playing in the same team :shock: :thumbup:

yeah flying fijians..... pretty sure they decide his future tomorrow.. we will know in 48 hours..

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2019 5:18 am 

won't affect fiji, just go into ANY fiji related facebook page and you will be shocked at the level of attacks on the government there by ppl using their REAL accounts and the level of racism targeting Indians in fiji..

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2019 1:53 am 

Apparently Sale Sharks in talks with Nakarawa...a replacement for Josh Beaumont

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2019 3:42 pm 

comets wrote:

One thing is sure, Nakarawa is safe and will land a nice deal if Racing go ahead and fire him.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2019 5:00 pm 

TheFrog wrote:
comets wrote:

One thing is sure, Nakarawa is safe and will land a nice deal if Racing go ahead and fire him.

yeah he was never worried about not finding a club, i actually want him in the English premiership, first fijian to play in all 3 MAJOR premiership in the Norther Hemisphere....he was also in talks with Saints which has his flying fijian lock partner, Ratuniyarawa, so there are 2 options there plus 3 other french clubs that want to sign him, the issue is that Metro will be a cunt about this and refuse to FIRE him but instead try to make money by asking for a transfer fee....i'm actually betting on this happening as this can stop him from signing for English clubs who may not want to fork out over 200k Euros for transfer fees..

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2019 6:18 pm 

comets wrote:
TheFrog wrote:
comets wrote:

yeah he was never worried about not finding a club, i actually want him in the English premiership, first fijian to play in all 3 MAJOR premiership in the Norther Hemisphere....he was also in talks with Saints which has his flying fijian lock partner, Ratuniyarawa, so there are 2 options there plus 3 other french clubs that want to sign him, the issue is that Metro will be a cunt about this and refuse to FIRE him but instead try to make money by asking for a transfer fee....i'm actually betting on this happening as this can stop him from signing for English clubs who may not want to fork out over 200k Euros for transfer fees..

Quite possible. Racing may want to keep him too...

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2019 6:55 pm 

if racing keep him, he won't give a 100%, he basically plays 5 positions but paid for one..onceh e built his house, i doubt he cares much about making more moeny.. for fijians thats where it ends, build a house, Caucau wasted all his money away before doing that thus he was broke when he returned..

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2019 12:58 pm 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EhnR4tFonsI (bronze medallist at this year's pac games)

He's no quadzilla (PB: 10.1 sec), but Kelvin Masoe (PB: 10.56sec) is the newbie in the Samoa 7s team this season and will be the fastest Samoan 7s player since Mikaele Pesamino.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2019 3:22 pm 

Auckman wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EhnR4tFonsI (bronze medallist at this year's pac games)

He's no quadzilla (PB: 10.1 sec), but Kelvin Masoe (PB: 10.56sec) is the newbie in the Samoa 7s team this season and will be the fastest Samoan 7s player since Mikaele Pesamino.

according to that all pacific islanders bar ozzie and kiwis can run 100m under 11 secs..