Chat Forum
It is currently Thu Dec 05, 2019 9:51 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 101 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 9:38 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 21, 2013 11:33 am
Posts: 9412
Location: Stockholm
1) All cotton jerseys with collars (e.g. old school, or like Scotland's recent collared jerseys). Collars because it's a tradition and sign of a gentleman's game. Cotton to give players something to grip in scrums in mauls, rucks, etc.

2) Old school rucking is back in the game.

3) Sponsorship on all jerseys limited to a certain size, certain quantity and not center-front or center-back of the shirt.

4) Zero-tolerance crack-down to feeding scrums straight. Just like with line-outs.

5) You are only eligible to play for any International side if you are both a) a passport-holding citizen of that country and (not or) b) have been at some point in your life a resident of that country for a time of five years or more (so no getting passports on your great grandmother's side for a country you've never stepped foot in just to get a cap).

6) "Marto" never commentates another Australian game. He belongs in the stands with a scarf and a beer, not the commentary box.

7) All international games must be available on free-to-air TV in the country they are played-in, or the game is moved to a country to will comply.

8 ) No on-field sponsorship (i.e. no huge f'n signs in the grass) and definitely not those new ones that are being added with special effects. They look horrible. The field is starting to look like a motor-sport jacket. There's barely any green left. It's a disgrace.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 9:44 am 
Offline

Joined: Fri Jun 22, 2012 11:08 am
Posts: 7767
Location: Sydney
I'd bleed World Rugby of all its cash and siphon the money into Swiss bank accounts under the names of all my family members and close friends.

For a start.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 10:05 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 20, 2012 8:29 pm
Posts: 7826
Take away on field TMO replays on the big screen. The crowd booing is influencing too many referrals that amount to nothing and slow the game down.

Allow fair contests for the ball in the air. That penalty against Kerevi on Falou was a joke.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 10:08 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 23987
Location: SOB>Todd
From your list, number 5 would be my number 1. Though I'd also ammend it to include players who havery parents from a different country and choose to represent said country.

Number 7 would be my number 2.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 10:08 am 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 16978
Location: balbriggan
Have loose head and tight head prop swap at every scrum.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 10:09 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 23987
Location: SOB>Todd
Reduce the 6 Nations to 5 teams.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 10:29 am 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 4:58 pm
Posts: 18717
Only proper people who have played the game are allowed go to games.

No 'razzmatazz' before or during the game.

All good play will be applauded by all supporters

On the beer with opposition team and supporters must be participated in.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 10:32 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 13002
Laurent wrote:
Have loose head and tight head prop swap at every scrum.


That's actually a fun one


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 10:56 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 5497
Location: The void
I'd get South Africa banned again for racial quotas.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 11:39 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 632
Location: M.E.
Laurent wrote:
Have loose head and tight head prop swap at every scrum.


:lol: who was it again who asked that many moons ago?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 11:40 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 31961
Location: in transit
Stjudes wrote:
Laurent wrote:
Have loose head and tight head prop swap at every scrum.


:lol: who was it again who asked that many moons ago?



A man named Ikaponthus.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 11:44 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 12753
Mine would be only captains can speak to the referee and excessive appealing or remonstrating for a penalty will result in a penalty against for that very reason.

guy smiley wrote:
Stjudes wrote:
Laurent wrote:
Have loose head and tight head prop swap at every scrum.


:lol: who was it again who asked that many moons ago?



A man named Ikaponthus.


Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 11:49 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 31961
Location: in transit
The Native wrote:
Mine would be only captains can speak to the referee and excessive appealing or remonstrating for a penalty will result in a penalty against for that very reason.

guy smiley wrote:
Stjudes wrote:
Laurent wrote:
Have loose head and tight head prop swap at every scrum.


:lol: who was it again who asked that many moons ago?



A man named Ikaponthus.


Image



Some say he had the arms of a hippopotamus and a waddle to match.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 11:50 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 12753
guy smiley wrote:
The Native wrote:
Mine would be only captains can speak to the referee and excessive appealing or remonstrating for a penalty will result in a penalty against for that very reason.

guy smiley wrote:
Stjudes wrote:
Laurent wrote:
Have loose head and tight head prop swap at every scrum.


:lol: who was it again who asked that many moons ago?



A man named Ikaponthus.


Image



Some say he had the arms of a hippopotamus and a waddle to match.

Though legend has it, his calves were the diameter of Staedtler HB.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 11:53 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 8181
2) like your knowledge of TH/LH


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 12:00 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 31961
Location: in transit
The Native wrote:
guy smiley wrote:



Some say he had the arms of a hippopotamus and a waddle to match.

Though legend has it, his calves were the diameter of Staedtler HB.

He once made love to a Latvian fountain while single handedly anchoring the back row in a tight contest.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 12:06 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 11121
Location: Mostly London........Mostly
Stadium announcers to be forced to fight to the death as half time entertainment.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 12:07 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 31961
Location: in transit
danny_fitz wrote:
Stadium announcers to be forced to fight to the death as half time entertainment.


Pre game... f**k putting up with that crap for half a game. They can battle it out as the stands fill.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 12:09 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 6935
Mr. Very Popular wrote:
Only proper people who have played the game are allowed go to games.

No 'razzmatazz' before or during the game.

All good play will be applauded by all supporters

On the beer with opposition team and supporters must be participated in.

Getting up for a piss any time during play to be punished by buying a pint for all those inconvenienced by it.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 12:14 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 6935
What about ALL jumping for the ball, lifting in the line out to continue as legal but NO sanction for any sort of contact in the air? You can do it, but at your own risk, like tightrope walking.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 12:15 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 31961
Location: in transit
oooohhh... tightrope walking!!



Let's have a designated 'touchdown rectangle' accessed only by tightrope from the tryline.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 1:03 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 21, 2013 11:33 am
Posts: 9412
Location: Stockholm
Gwenno wrote:
What about ALL jumping for the ball, lifting in the line out to continue as legal but NO sanction for any sort of contact in the air? You can do it, but at your own risk, like tightrope walking.


That's never going to fly. And I wouldn't want to see it either.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 1:05 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 15, 2015 11:45 am
Posts: 6875
Ooh, well there are many.

- The Uber-ref: he's a ref for the ref. He runs around the ref who runs around the players and assesses his decisions. The Uber-ref receives information from a team and is not allowed to verbally communicate with anyone on the field. He just takes decisions. His requirements are he needs to wear an overall and look like Rowan Atkinson. If the ref makes a horrible decision, he blows his whistle and hands him a penalty. If the ref really fks up or commits too many penalties or makes too many fancy jokes/is too cute, the uber-ref will send him to the sin-bin and he won't be allowed dessert for a week.

- Death penalty for faking a play: the simulations or exaggerations to get yellows or red are to be dealt with the death penalty. However, the player is to be executed 7 years from the incident, but randomly without notice on a remote date, and gets to choose the animal he is to be reincarnated into.

- Annual Anal Beads: whenever a club president or federation masterlord (the new official name given to fed directors) fails at mounting a successful team with his recruiting/assembling of coaching staff etc.., at the end of the year he gets the annual anal beads treatment. Rough rectal action, however in the relative privacy and silence of any public library of his choice. A system is established, looking at the capital/results ratio of the organization.

- Small Size Syndrome: again through a fair assessment system, when a headcoach (and staff) underperforms in relation to the talent at his disposal, he gets "sick with SSS". Small Size Syndrome. He's forced to wear Small size clothes, shoes, Small size everything... every day in public during the off-season. The phrase "hah, you look small today !" commonly used against them - to which a person is obligated to reply with "thank you Sir" while making eye contact - repeated throughout the day as a terribly condescending mocking gesture.

- Donkey x 3: donkey times three is the due punishment for stagnant players. Whenever potential is discerned but the individual's ability looks stale and lacks the necessary improvement after a season, he's given this award. The award takes place at the local Pizza Hut at 6am sharp, with everyone involved contractually obligated to order a stuffed-crust deep pan pizza. The winner of the award must travel publicly on the three donkeys (supplied by the fed) during the off-season on his way anywhere, or pay a fine of one window or door (irreplaceable under contract) from his residence; which are then generously offered to charity to ppl with drug addictions.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 1:11 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 21, 2013 11:33 am
Posts: 9412
Location: Stockholm
Stjudes wrote:
Laurent wrote:
Have loose head and tight head prop swap at every scrum.


:lol: who was it again who asked that many moons ago?


Christ it's getting worse! :blush:

Nobody ever said that. It's like Chinese whispers, but I guess after seven-odd years you'd expect that much. What I asked was if the TH and LH ever swap sides for tactical reasons. And even that was a silly question, which was embarrassing. But at the stage of my rugby playing career, the front row were just three fat arses in my face. However, since which I've actually been trained at loosehead and played front at a fairly decent level, which I suspect is a damn sight more knowledge than 95% of posters on this forum r.e. the front row. So you can all just stfu now thank you very much.

Speaking of which, and being dictator of rugby, it would be an interesting experiment to ban the second rowers binding under the props' legs, and ban the flankers from binding to the props with their "free" hand. The purpose being to force the front-row to support 100% of their own weight pre-engage, instead of having their feet way back and the second rowers/flankers holding them by pulling them back. This would result, I suspect, in scrums being packed higher and less collapsing. It would be worth a shot anyway. And I think it's exactly why there's not really many scrums collapsing at lower levels - because at lower levels, the props usually are just big fat guys from the pub who are supporting their own weight the whole time and never getting so low as a result.


Last edited by Mog The Almighty on Sun Apr 30, 2017 1:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 1:14 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 20983
Floppykid wrote:
From your list, number 5 would be my number 1. Though I'd also ammend it to include players who havery parents from a different country and choose to represent said country.

Number 7 would be my number 2.


TV money is king, would cripple the international game.


As for the first point, you have to make provisions for guys like Marmion or Touhy, Irish parents and I guess considered himself Irish. Obviously have no issue with Marmion playing for us even though he's English. The grandparent thing should just be struck off immediately.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 1:16 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 21, 2013 11:33 am
Posts: 9412
Location: Stockholm
danthefan wrote:
Floppykid wrote:
From your list, number 5 would be my number 1. Though I'd also ammend it to include players who havery parents from a different country and choose to represent said country.

Number 7 would be my number 2.


TV money is king, would cripple the international game.


No it wouldn't. The International game was just fine even before the advent of professionalism. Before everything with packaged and sold.

It might mean there is slightly less money in the game, but the fatcats aren't doing anything too impressive with the money they have now, so fudge it.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 1:17 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2013 10:14 am
Posts: 19975
Mog The Almighty wrote:
Stjudes wrote:
Laurent wrote:
Have loose head and tight head prop swap at every scrum.


:lol: who was it again who asked that many moons ago?


Christ it's getting worse! :blush:

Nobody ever said that. It's like Chinese whispers, but I guess after seven-odd years you'd expect that much. What I asked was if the TH and LH ever swap sides for tactical reasons. And even that was a silly question, which was embarrassing. But at the stage of my rugby playing career, the front row were just three fat arses in my face. However, since which I've actually been trained at loosehead and played front at a fairly decent level, which I suspect is a damn sight more knowledge than 95% of posters on this forum r.e. the front row. So you can all just stfu now thank you very much.

Speaking of which, and being dictator of rugby, it would be an interesting experiment to ban the second rowers binding under the props' legs, and ban the flankers from binding to the props with their "free" hand. The purpose being to force the front-row to support 100% of their own weight pre-engage, instead of having their feet way back and the second rowers/flankers holding them by pulling them back. This would result, I suspect, in scrums being packed higher and less collapsing. It would be worth a shot anyway. And I think it's exactly why there's not really many scrums collapsing at lower levels - because at lower levels, the props usually are just big fat guys from the pub who are supporting their own weight the whole time and never getting so low as a result.

:lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 1:18 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 21, 2013 11:33 am
Posts: 9412
Location: Stockholm
:x


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 1:22 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 31961
Location: in transit
Diego wrote:
Mog The Almighty wrote:
Stjudes wrote:
Laurent wrote:
Have loose head and tight head prop swap at every scrum.


:lol: who was it again who asked that many moons ago?


Christ it's getting worse! :blush:

Nobody ever said that. It's like Chinese whispers, but I guess after seven-odd years you'd expect that much. What I asked was if the TH and LH ever swap sides for tactical reasons. And even that was a silly question, which was embarrassing. But at the stage of my rugby playing career, the front row were just three fat arses in my face. However, since which I've actually been trained at loosehead and played front at a fairly decent level, which I suspect is a damn sight more knowledge than 95% of posters on this forum r.e. the front row. So you can all just stfu now thank you very much.

Speaking of which, and being dictator of rugby, it would be an interesting experiment to ban the second rowers binding under the props' legs, and ban the flankers from binding to the props with their "free" hand. The purpose being to force the front-row to support 100% of their own weight pre-engage, instead of having their feet way back and the second rowers/flankers holding them by pulling them back. This would result, I suspect, in scrums being packed higher and less collapsing. It would be worth a shot anyway. And I think it's exactly why there's not really many scrums collapsing at lower levels - because at lower levels, the props usually are just big fat guys from the pub who are supporting their own weight the whole time and never getting so low as a result.


:lol:


Imagine all of those posters who had no idea that Mog is the poster known as Ikaponthus?

Legend has it that his feet make a clippity clop noise when he sneaks into the house late at night.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 1:22 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 6775
BBB wrote:
I'd bleed World Rugby of all its cash and siphon the money into Swiss bank accounts under the names of all my family members and close friends.

For a start.


and someone made a mod of you... how clever.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 1:33 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 21, 2013 11:33 am
Posts: 9412
Location: Stockholm
guy smiley wrote:
Diego wrote:
Mog The Almighty wrote:
Stjudes wrote:
Laurent wrote:
Have loose head and tight head prop swap at every scrum.


:lol: who was it again who asked that many moons ago?


Christ it's getting worse! :blush:

Nobody ever said that. It's like Chinese whispers, but I guess after seven-odd years you'd expect that much. What I asked was if the TH and LH ever swap sides for tactical reasons. And even that was a silly question, which was embarrassing. But at the stage of my rugby playing career, the front row were just three fat arses in my face. However, since which I've actually been trained at loosehead and played front at a fairly decent level, which I suspect is a damn sight more knowledge than 95% of posters on this forum r.e. the front row. So you can all just stfu now thank you very much.

Speaking of which, and being dictator of rugby, it would be an interesting experiment to ban the second rowers binding under the props' legs, and ban the flankers from binding to the props with their "free" hand. The purpose being to force the front-row to support 100% of their own weight pre-engage, instead of having their feet way back and the second rowers/flankers holding them by pulling them back. This would result, I suspect, in scrums being packed higher and less collapsing. It would be worth a shot anyway. And I think it's exactly why there's not really many scrums collapsing at lower levels - because at lower levels, the props usually are just big fat guys from the pub who are supporting their own weight the whole time and never getting so low as a result.


:lol:


Imagine all of those posters who had no idea that Mog is the poster known as Ikaponthus?

Legend has it that his feet make a clippity clop noise when he sneaks into the house late at night.


I'm pretty sure everyone knows that. It has never been a secret. Same goes for my old username, everyone knows that too.


Last edited by Mog The Almighty on Sun Apr 30, 2017 1:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 1:34 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Jun 22, 2012 11:08 am
Posts: 7767
Location: Sydney
jolindien wrote:
BBB wrote:
I'd bleed World Rugby of all its cash and siphon the money into Swiss bank accounts under the names of all my family members and close friends.

For a start.


and someone made a mod of you... how clever.

The word "dictator" is in the thread title.
Also,I'm not a mod.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 1:58 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 11089
Location: Leafy Surrey, UK
tackle below the armpits.

attacking chaser cannot jump for a kick, only the defender.

catching a kick with your foot in touch means you took into touch.

starting 15 players to play all of the match, bench only for injury replacements.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 2:12 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 20, 2012 8:29 pm
Posts: 7826
Insane_Homer wrote:
tackle below the armpits.

attacking chaser cannot jump for a kick, only the defender.

catching a kick with your foot in touch means you took into touch.

starting 15 players to play all of the match, bench only for injury replacements
.


Agree 100%.
No overweight 'impact' forwards who are just wrecking balls.
Although I'd imagine there would be too many bloodgate scenarios.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 2:30 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 3200
Embezzle all the money. Use some for pay-offs to consolidate my position and keep the plebs in line. Spend the rest of my time throwing sexy parties.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 2:40 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 05, 2012 3:15 pm
Posts: 33341
Location: Planet Rock
Mog The Almighty wrote:
If you were dictator of global rugby, what would you do?.

Ban the Burka for safety reasons


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 2:53 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 6935
Insane_Homer wrote:
tackle below the armpits.

attacking chaser cannot jump for a kick, only the defender.

catching a kick with your foot in touch means you took into touch.

starting 15 players to play all of the match, bench only for injury replacements.

What about both feet?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 3:01 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 15679
Quote:
catching a kick with your foot in touch means you took into touch.


That changed in Super Rugby this year

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qYbs7fCBD2w


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 3:05 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 10506
Location: The centre of The Horrendous Space Kablooie!
1). Any try which is followed by a blast of music over the PA results in immediate disallowal and a penalty in front of the posts for the opposition.

2). A try means a try at goal once more.

3). Compulsory shelf strengthening for all.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 3:05 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Oct 22, 2016 9:10 pm
Posts: 3491
Each side is allowed a power play of three extra players on the pitch for 10 minutes


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 101 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: A5D5E5, BillW, Bing [Bot], corentin44, DOB, Fenman, flaggETERNAL, frillage, Jensrsa, LandOTurk, Laurent, Lazer, Lemoentjie, message #2527204, Mr. Very Popular, MungoMan, Sandstorm, ZappaMan and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group