Chat Forum
It is currently Tue Oct 23, 2018 9:55 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2218 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 56  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 5:27 pm 
Online

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 53219
Quote:
I'm ignoring your first paragraph as youre smart enough to know why that's obtuse.

Absolutely it's a capital gain and is taxable. However as the bitcoin exchanges didn't have any kyc for a long time, ive no doubt that plenty evaded tax on them.


Why is it obtuse ? Where are all the billionaires ?

Why is it a capital gain ? Why isn't it trading income ?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 5:29 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 14597
Location: XPAT CUNT
bimboman wrote:
Zakar wrote:
bimboman wrote:
tiddle wrote:
Most posters here who are invested in them, have stated the value can be volatile so it would be silly to put all your eggs in one basket.



But they're all so bullish.


Yeah! Why aren't these posters running their comments past their compliance department for an appropriate disclaimer?

The value of Cryptocurrencies may go rapidly down as well as up. Your capital is at risk. All PR posts by Zakar are for general information purposes only and should not be construed as financial advice.



Immsre that sounded really clever when you typed it in, however how small is your portfolio if diversification means 1,000's of people haven't invested at least 100 euro's ?


Because people buy and sell investments you bell end... plus fudge all people knew about bitcoin then. It's like saying why didn't all Microsoft investors put all their money in when Bill Gates was working in his garage.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 5:31 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue May 01, 2012 9:32 pm
Posts: 4018
Location: look behind you
why didn't everyone buy apple stock when it was a failing company?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 5:34 pm 
Online

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 53219
Zakar wrote:
bimboman wrote:
Zakar wrote:
bimboman wrote:
tiddle wrote:
Most posters here who are invested in them, have stated the value can be volatile so it would be silly to put all your eggs in one basket.



But they're all so bullish.


Yeah! Why aren't these posters running their comments past their compliance department for an appropriate disclaimer?

The value of Cryptocurrencies may go rapidly down as well as up. Your capital is at risk. All PR posts by Zakar are for general information purposes only and should not be construed as financial advice.


Immsre that sounded really clever when you typed it in, however how small is your portfolio if diversification means 1,000's of people haven't invested at least 100 euro's ?


Because people buy and sell investments you bell end... plus fudge all people knew about bitcoin then. It's like saying why didn't all Microsoft investors put all their money in when Bill Gates was working in his garage.



When Microsoft broke big though there were stories all over the media of the initial investors and their profits. They were known and discussed. Where are the billionaires ?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 5:34 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 14597
Location: XPAT CUNT
bimboman wrote:
Quote:
I'm ignoring your first paragraph as youre smart enough to know why that's obtuse.

Absolutely it's a capital gain and is taxable. However as the bitcoin exchanges didn't have any kyc for a long time, ive no doubt that plenty evaded tax on them.


Why is it obtuse ? Where are all the billionaires ?

Why is it a capital gain ? Why isn't it trading income ?


Depends on how you operate. Under Australian Tax law, it would be treated as a capital gain unless you were trading in a business like fashion. In the UK the rule of trading income v capital is based on 'overall impression'


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 5:36 pm 
Online

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 53219
tiddle wrote:
why didn't everyone buy apple stock when it was a failing company?




I don't know, bit coin has returned a much greater % than Apple stock btw.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 5:37 pm 
Online

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 53219
Zakar wrote:
bimboman wrote:
Quote:
I'm ignoring your first paragraph as youre smart enough to know why that's obtuse.

Absolutely it's a capital gain and is taxable. However as the bitcoin exchanges didn't have any kyc for a long time, ive no doubt that plenty evaded tax on them.


Why is it obtuse ? Where are all the billionaires ?

Why is it a capital gain ? Why isn't it trading income ?


Depends on how you operate. Under Australian Tax law, it would be treated as a capital gain unless you were trading in a business like fashion. In the UK the rule of trading income v capital is based on 'overall impression'



Why aren't the spread betting irks offering tax free bets on bit coins ?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 5:46 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 14597
Location: XPAT CUNT
bimboman wrote:


When Microsoft broke big though there were stories all over the media of the initial investors and their profits. They were known and discussed. Where are the billionaires ?


1. Bitcoins were released over time, so there were less to hold from day dot.
2. It was initially thought of being more of an anarchist currency - one of the first transactions was 10k BTC for a pizza. Anyone want to work out what that is today?
3. An easential element of bitcoin is its confidentiality. There isn't a share register like micosoft.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 5:47 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 14597
Location: XPAT CUNT
bimboman wrote:
Zakar wrote:
bimboman wrote:
Quote:
I'm ignoring your first paragraph as youre smart enough to know why that's obtuse.

Absolutely it's a capital gain and is taxable. However as the bitcoin exchanges didn't have any kyc for a long time, ive no doubt that plenty evaded tax on them.


Why is it obtuse ? Where are all the billionaires ?

Why is it a capital gain ? Why isn't it trading income ?


Depends on how you operate. Under Australian Tax law, it would be treated as a capital gain unless you were trading in a business like fashion. In the UK the rule of trading income v capital is based on 'overall impression'



Why aren't the spread betting irks offering tax free bets on bit coins ?


IG is offering CFDs I think.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 5:51 pm 
Online

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 53219
Zakar wrote:
bimboman wrote:


When Microsoft broke big though there were stories all over the media of the initial investors and their profits. They were known and discussed. Where are the billionaires ?


1. Bitcoins were released over time, so there were less to hold from day dot.
2. It was initially thought of being more of an anarchist currency - one of the first transactions was 10k BTC for a pizza. Anyone want to work out what that is today?
3. An easential element of bitcoin is its confidentiality. There isn't a share register like micosoft.



ok, but how many 100 quids were available in 2011?

Yes I can see how they were viewed and that they weren't mainstream. However I'm genuinly amazed that every hedge fund seemed to miss it along with venture capitalists etc.

Share registers are completly anonymous below high % owner ships.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 5:58 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 14597
Location: XPAT CUNT
bimboman wrote:
Zakar wrote:
bimboman wrote:


When Microsoft broke big though there were stories all over the media of the initial investors and their profits. They were known and discussed. Where are the billionaires ?


1. Bitcoins were released over time, so there were less to hold from day dot.
2. It was initially thought of being more of an anarchist currency - one of the first transactions was 10k BTC for a pizza. Anyone want to work out what that is today?
3. An easential element of bitcoin is its confidentiality. There isn't a share register like micosoft.



ok, but how many 100 quids were available in 2011?

Yes I can see how they were viewed and that they weren't mainstream. However I'm genuinly amazed that every hedge fund seemed to miss it along with venture capitalists etc.

Share registers are completly anonymous below high % owner ships.


1. No idea.
2. So am I. Maybe some did - your not usually expected to report the source of your cap gains.
3. Yes, but we're talking about the billionaires are we not?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 5:58 pm 
Online

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 53219
Zakar wrote:
bimboman wrote:
Zakar wrote:
bimboman wrote:
Quote:
I'm ignoring your first paragraph as youre smart enough to know why that's obtuse.

Absolutely it's a capital gain and is taxable. However as the bitcoin exchanges didn't have any kyc for a long time, ive no doubt that plenty evaded tax on them.


Why is it obtuse ? Where are all the billionaires ?

Why is it a capital gain ? Why isn't it trading income ?


Depends on how you operate. Under Australian Tax law, it would be treated as a capital gain unless you were trading in a business like fashion. In the UK the rule of trading income v capital is based on 'overall impression'



Why aren't the spread betting irks offering tax free bets on bit coins ?


IG is offering CFDs I think.



:thumbup: , just tried to buy some needs a minimum of 630 quid for their minimum size.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 6:00 pm 
Online

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 53219
Zakar wrote:
bimboman wrote:
Zakar wrote:
bimboman wrote:


When Microsoft broke big though there were stories all over the media of the initial investors and their profits. They were known and discussed. Where are the billionaires ?


1. Bitcoins were released over time, so there were less to hold from day dot.
2. It was initially thought of being more of an anarchist currency - one of the first transactions was 10k BTC for a pizza. Anyone want to work out what that is today?
3. An easential element of bitcoin is its confidentiality. There isn't a share register like micosoft.



ok, but how many 100 quids were available in 2011?

Yes I can see how they were viewed and that they weren't mainstream. However I'm genuinly amazed that every hedge fund seemed to miss it along with venture capitalists etc.

Share registers are completly anonymous below high % owner ships.


1. No idea.
2. So am I. Maybe some did - your not usually expected to report the source of your cap gains.
3. Yes, but we're talking about the billionaires are we not?



What ? No you're not talking about billionaires in Microsoft (they're all mostly known and have even had films made about them n stuff).


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 6:14 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 31244
It's anonymous so unless you want to pay a lot of tax then surely you would keep your mouth shut


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 6:22 pm 
Online

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 53219
Duff Paddy wrote:
It's anonymous so unless you want to pay a lot of tax then surely you would keep your mouth shut



It's no real difference to other types of trading and investment, tax is a trust system.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 9:33 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 9967
Bought 1000 ripples yesterday
Math is not my strong suit but it seems the most i can lose is 170 odd US dollars (if it goes to nil)
Not bad I say
Bought it on my cfd account at avatrade, so "cost" me almost nothing


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 12:08 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 6748
Cartman wrote:
Bought 1000 ripples yesterday
Math is not my strong suit but it seems the most i can lose is 170 odd US dollars (if it goes to nil)
Not bad I say
Bought it on my cfd account at avatrade, so "cost" me almost nothing


A CFD on a volatile thing like a crypto? Good luck.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 4:34 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 22326
RuggaBugga wrote:
TheBouncer wrote:
As I understand it NZD is a disaster for eth... either pay a premium or buy bitcoin and exchange that for eth on shapeshift, poloniex or another token transfer site. Note, the sites that avoid fiat like those I've mentioned are very user-friendly, no arduous verification process.

DO NOT LEAVE substantial amounts on these exchanges. If anyone needs help with cold storage post here.


TheBouncer wrote:
Crash_12 wrote:
Would 100 gbp on Ethereum right here and now be a solid bet?


Yes

Has anyone any factom? Will research this week but looks very interesting.


Since this post last night factom is up 50%

:lol: :lol:

#cryptolife


How bout this site? Look ok?

https://www.independentreserve.com


I'd like to know the answer to this, too.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 1:31 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 870
They all look okay until someone runs off to China with your coins.

I'd stick with coinbase tbh. The fees are a bit cheeky and they don't handle heavy traffic very well but they're pretty solid compared to the alternatives; real sticklers for compliance. A former federal prosecutor joined their board of directors recently.

Bittrex is good for altcoins.

Here's a good guide on cold storage and backup.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 9:39 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 22326
w0rdtothe3rd wrote:
They all look okay until someone runs off to China with your coins.

I'd stick with coinbase tbh. The fees are a bit cheeky and they don't handle heavy traffic very well but they're pretty solid compared to the alternatives; real sticklers for compliance. A former federal prosecutor joined their board of directors recently.

Bittrex is good for altcoins.

Here's a good guide on cold storage and backup.


I don't think Coinbase is any good from within NZ.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 10:42 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 6748
Ted. wrote:
w0rdtothe3rd wrote:
They all look okay until someone runs off to China with your coins.

I'd stick with coinbase tbh. The fees are a bit cheeky and they don't handle heavy traffic very well but they're pretty solid compared to the alternatives; real sticklers for compliance. A former federal prosecutor joined their board of directors recently.

Bittrex is good for altcoins.

Here's a good guide on cold storage and backup.


I don't think Coinbase is any good from within NZ.


Dont keep your BTC/ETC etc on the exchange - you need to move it from Coinbase to a wallet. Coinbase will let you buy in AUD but cant sell. You have to move it. NZ would be similar. Buying BTC in NZ seems easy enough.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 12:24 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 22326
kiwinoz wrote:
Ted. wrote:
w0rdtothe3rd wrote:
They all look okay until someone runs off to China with your coins.

I'd stick with coinbase tbh. The fees are a bit cheeky and they don't handle heavy traffic very well but they're pretty solid compared to the alternatives; real sticklers for compliance. A former federal prosecutor joined their board of directors recently.

Bittrex is good for altcoins.

Here's a good guide on cold storage and backup.


I don't think Coinbase is any good from within NZ.


Dont keep your BTC/ETC etc on the exchange - you need to move it from Coinbase to a wallet. Coinbase will let you buy in AUD but cant sell. You have to move it. NZ would be similar. Buying BTC in NZ seems easy enough.


The issue is purchasing with NZD from within NZ, the options seem to be very new and little known. I want to toe dip with Ether purchasing with NZD, is there a reliable exchange that does that? Rugga Bugga posted a link to an exchange (or whatever its called) that will deal in NZD, but no one responded to his or my query as to whether it was safe.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 6:03 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 870
I had a look. It's a no-name exchange without any reputation to speak of. I wouldn't trust anyone who vouches for it.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 6:55 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 6835
I don't think this is the bottom. The August 1st date looms large and it's clearly on everyone's mind reading around. A hard fork would be very interesting.

I'm still bullish but fudge me this stuff is no joke.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 1:04 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 18489
w0rdtothe3rd wrote:
I had a look. It's a no-name exchange without any reputation to speak of. I wouldn't trust anyone who vouches for it.


It appears the problem is getting the bitcoin using NZD. Theoretically I could purchase through them and then immediately transfer out to another exchange such as coinbase and the diversify out to ETH or some of the others?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 9:49 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 391
About $32m dollars of ether were just stolen by hackers. This is after the DAO debacle where $150m was stolen. Last week $7m worth of dashcoin - an ether ICO - were stolen.

I looked at Etherium after missing out on bitcoin. I'm not an expert on blockchain but I'm sure they got that part of it right. However I looked at their self-designed smart contract language and it's a joke - an open invitation to hackers - effectively impossible to verify the security of a contract. These robberies will not stop since this is such a significant part of ether.

Also the ICO madness looks like a classic bubble - particularly when you see the amounts of ether being taken off the table by charlatans like Bancor - http://hackingdistributed.com/2017/06/1 ... is-flawed/

Ether is probably great for some short term gambling but I'm skeptical about it's longterm future. Bitcoin is probably a better bet as a long term hold if you want cryptocurrency exposure.

And I don't think "currency" is a good word for this stuff - they should be considered commodities until they start fullfilling the role of a medium of exchange (for other "real" stuff - not pyramid scheme like the new-flavour coins offered in an ICO).


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 10:14 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 6835
derriz wrote:
About $32m dollars of ether were just stolen by hackers. This is after the DAO debacle where $150m was stolen. Last week $7m worth of dashcoin - an ether ICO - were stolen.

I looked at Etherium after missing out on bitcoin. I'm not an expert on blockchain but I'm sure they got that part of it right. However I looked at their self-designed smart contract language and it's a joke - an open invitation to hackers - effectively impossible to verify the security of a contract. These robberies will not stop since this is such a significant part of ether.

Also the ICO madness looks like a classic bubble - particularly when you see the amounts of ether being taken off the table by charlatans like Bancor - http://hackingdistributed.com/2017/06/1 ... is-flawed/

Ether is probably great for some short term gambling but I'm skeptical about it's longterm future. Bitcoin is probably a better bet as a long term hold if you want cryptocurrency exposure.

And I don't think "currency" is a good word for this stuff - they should be considered commodities until they start fullfilling the role of a medium of exchange (for other "real" stuff - not pyramid scheme like the new-flavour coins offered in an ICO).


Are you attributing these hacks to flaws in Solidity? TheDAO was ill-conceived, rushed and terribly executed but you'll have to explain what the language had to do with it. Likewise the Parity multi-sig was just terribly written code (all the more extraordinary with an ethereum founder behind it)

Last night is a perfect case for people's apprehension about this stuff but I've never seen anyone identify Solidity as the issue before.

That the ICOs are a bubble is plain as day, I'm just interested to see the impact on the ethereum layer. I think a few prominent ones could come unstuck before long so it'll be interesting.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 10:29 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 391
TheBouncer wrote:
Are you attributing these hacks to flaws in Solidity? TheDAO was ill-conceived, rushed and terribly executed but you'll have to explain what the language had to do with it. Likewise the Parity multi-sig was just terribly written code (all the more extraordinary with an ethereum founder behind it)

Last night is a perfect case for people's apprehension about this stuff but I've never seen anyone identify Solidity as the issue before.

That the ICOs are a bubble is plain as day, I'm just interested to see the impact on the ethereum layer. I think a few prominent ones could come unstuck before long so it'll be interesting.


I am indeed attributing these hacks to the flawed design of Solidity. If an Etherium founder cannot write a safe contract in this language, then that tells you something. It's basically a fücked up version of Javascript - which was an extremely odd language to pick as a base given it's history and reputation for allowing security breaches (on the web).

Just googled it btw and it seems I'm not the only one who spotted this. Admittedly this is from a competitor startup so are hardly unbiased but it chimes with what I saw: JP Morgan’s Blockchain Researchers Discussed Ethereum’s Shortcomings Before DAO Hack


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 10:48 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 6748
Its still the Wild West for cryptos. Volatility of 20% plus is not what a reliable currency alternative needs.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 10:51 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 14597
Location: XPAT CUNT
kiwinoz wrote:
Its still the Wild West for cryptos. Volatility of 20% plus is not what a reliable currency alternative needs.


Yeah, it's not a currency alternative at the moment. More like rare earth metals


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 1:03 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 14387
Location: Best country in the world.
Bitcoin took a right old kicking last week with values dropping from 2400 to about 1800 on fears of a fork ( split ) happening shortly. Very volatile product.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 1:28 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 10131
The Sun God wrote:
Bitcoin took a right old kicking last week with values dropping from 2400 to about 1800 on fears of a fork ( split ) happening shortly. Very volatile product.



Currently at $2766


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 1:31 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 9967
sorCrer wrote:
The Sun God wrote:
Bitcoin took a right old kicking last week with values dropping from 2400 to about 1800 on fears of a fork ( split ) happening shortly. Very volatile product.



Currently at $2766

Jesus :o
Fcuk you ripple


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 1:37 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 391
TheBouncer wrote:
That the ICOs are a bubble is plain as day, I'm just interested to see the impact on the ethereum layer. I think a few prominent ones could come unstuck before long so it'll be interesting.

Talking of which - https://uetoken.com
Quote:
The UET ICO transparently offers investors no value, so there will be no expectation of gains.

Quote:
I learned all about Ethereum smart contracts and Solidity over a weekend so I could launch this ICO.

He's already raised over $70K :lol: :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 2:53 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 14387
Location: Best country in the world.
sorCrer wrote:
The Sun God wrote:
Bitcoin took a right old kicking last week with values dropping from 2400 to about 1800 on fears of a fork ( split ) happening shortly. Very volatile product.



Currently at $2766


You can't trade that shit.It goes against every natural instinct and every style of trading I have used for 30 years.It ignores fundamentals and forget about charts. Prefer to go to Vegas and put my money on 'black'.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 2:59 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 10131
The Sun God wrote:
sorCrer wrote:
The Sun God wrote:
Bitcoin took a right old kicking last week with values dropping from 2400 to about 1800 on fears of a fork ( split ) happening shortly. Very volatile product.



Currently at $2766




You can't trade that shit.It goes against every natural instinct and every style of trading I have used for 30 years.It ignores fundamentals and forget about charts. Prefer to go to Vegas and put my money on 'black'.



Agreed far too volatile. A small portion of the portfolio and hodl.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 1:42 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 391
Another week, another ethereum hack:
Quote:
Veritaseum has confirmed today that a hacker stole $8.4 million from the platform's ICO on Sunday, July 23. This is the second ICO hack in the last week and the fourth hack of an Ethereum platform this month.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 4:53 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 20466
derriz wrote:
Another week, another ethereum hack:
Quote:
Veritaseum has confirmed today that a hacker stole $8.4 million from the platform's ICO on Sunday, July 23. This is the second ICO hack in the last week and the fourth hack of an Ethereum platform this month.


Ouch.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 9:04 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 10131
$3900


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 8:49 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 10131
$4150

$5000 is on it's way.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2218 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 56  Next

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bert, bimboman, Bing [Bot], Blind Hookah, Boobs not Moobs, camroc1, de_Selby, Fangle, iarmhiman, inactionman, JB1981, Laurent, Lemoentjie, Market Square Hero, Oceanbreeze, Plato'sCave, Rumham, SamShark, Slim 293, Snooze, Traveller, zt1903 and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group