Chat Forum
It is currently Tue Dec 11, 2018 5:27 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5516 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109 ... 138  Next
PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 6:24 am 

Attack on Titan season 3 is something to look forward to this year.

Season 2 last year delivered... Fcuk I need more.

Also One punch man Season 2 is out this year too.... Here is hoping.

Also.. Fcuk all you anime haters.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 8:02 am 

Been watching both seasons of The Good Place, that's some funny shit.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 11:59 pm 

i am still enjoying the new star trek, lets be honest the plots are mental, but they have managed the trick of making it relevant (in a modern tv series sense again), ie lots of short term action. Try going back to enterprise after this.

good twist to introduce michelle yeoh and kill her in the first episode. Then the new captain is presented as a renegade hero winning the war for several episodes, then it turns out hew is from another (evil) universe and is basically a plum, also there where michelle pops up again as an evil version, who might have redeeming qualities if only she is brought back to the good universe. Either way they have just killed the action loving hero captain just after they suckered you in, before revealing he was a fraud.

when did tv get so obsessed with having to blow your mind on each episode?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 12:36 am 

Trek and Good place are great, both have another seasons coming :D Glad Yeoh is back, hope Isaacs is coming back we never did find out what happened to Prime Lorca, theory going around that the bit of funghi that went into tilly was him.

Counterpart though, promised a lot and I'm just feeling they're wasting the talent and the core plot device in 2nd ep.

Alienist despite the great cast I feel the plot/characters has been done to death (getting into the mind of depraved killers, going against the grain, spotting things others don't etc etc) but as it's just 5 episodes I will probably finish it.

Shield has been great this season.

ALias grace was a great limited series.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 6:18 am 

Just finished Narcos 3. Absolutely outstanding. I was worried if they'd be able to pull-off the transition from Escobar to the Cali Cartel, but it was brilliant from start to finish.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 8:14 am 

assfly wrote:
Just finished Narcos 3. Absolutely outstanding. I was worried if they'd be able to pull-off the transition from Escobar to the Cali Cartel, but it was brilliant from start to finish.

I need to go back and watch series 1 properly, then catch up on the next two series. Very glad to hear it's retained its quality.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 8:18 am 

Turbogoat wrote:
assfly wrote:

I need to go back and watch series 1 properly, then catch up on the next two series. Very glad to hear it's retained its quality.

I've been reticent to watch it without good reason. I've got a gap in my schedule that it would fill.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 8:22 am 

I've become a big fan of Spanish. Especially the swearing.

Puta madre!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 10:39 am 

Brazil wrote:
ASMO wrote:
Dunnikin Diver wrote:
Brazil wrote:
Anybody watching Britannia? Two episodes in and can't decide whether it's enjoyable nonsense or annoying shit. Severely lacking in historical accuracy so far.

I've gone enjoyable nonsense for a few episodes, but when supergirl and flash kick off for 2018 I am not sure this will compete

It is utter shit, had high hopes, a bit like a SA super rugby side, it promised much but delivered fudge all

The absence of historical accuracy is deeply disappointing.

We're up to episode 4 and, whilst it's enjoyable nonsense, it's well below the standard of GoT, Rome, Vikings etc, and leads me to suspect that there may be something of the Emperor's New Clothes about Jez Butterworth.

Sheesh, below Vikings? So production values akin to Sons of Anarchy / Dukes of Hazzard?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 10:40 am 

mr bungle wrote:
Brazil wrote:
ASMO wrote:
Dunnikin Diver wrote:
Brazil wrote:
Anybody watching Britannia? Two episodes in and can't decide whether it's enjoyable nonsense or annoying shit. Severely lacking in historical accuracy so far.

I've gone enjoyable nonsense for a few episodes, but when supergirl and flash kick off for 2018 I am not sure this will compete

It is utter shit, had high hopes, a bit like a SA super rugby side, it promised much but delivered fudge all

We're up to episode 4 and, whilst it's enjoyable nonsense, it's well below the standard of GoT, Rome, Vikings etc, and leads me to suspect that there may be something of the Emperor's New Clothes about Jez Butterworth.

Sheesh, below Vikings? So production values akin to Sons of Anarchy / Dukes of Hazzard?

Yes but what about the tit count?

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 12:34 am 

Futureman is a good laugh if you're into Seth Rogan type of humour (i.e lots of toilet humour). On Hulu and....other sources.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 12:38 am 

mr bungle wrote:
Brazil wrote:
ASMO wrote:
Dunnikin Diver wrote:
Brazil wrote:

WTF is wrong with Vikings production values? They've done better battles scenes this season than Game of Thrones have ever got near too.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 12:42 am 

Gommorah series 3 , out Wed. Done 5 episodes already. It's bloody great.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 12:56 am 

Altered Carbon pretty good. More breast action than GOT in the first episode (maybe a slight exaggeration).

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 1:52 am 

Bindi wrote:
Altered Carbon pretty good. More breast action than GOT in the first episode (maybe a slight exaggeration).

The books are quite explicit when describing the sex scenes. I thought it was out tomorrow so I'm happy I've got something to binge tonight.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 6:37 am 

Bindi wrote:

Huge Nipple count

the lady of the house enjoyed it also.

Was nervous as it is one of my favorite books.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 8:47 pm 

UncleFB wrote:
mr bungle wrote:
Brazil wrote:
ASMO wrote:
Dunnikin Diver wrote:

WTF is wrong with Vikings production values? They've done better battles scenes this season than Game of Thrones have ever got near too.

Gave up after the start of season 2 so cant comment beyond that. I am assured by friends that season 2/3 are cracker, but they’re not my most reliable for entertainment quality vetting.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 8:59 pm 

Looking forward to the new series of Endeavour starting tomorrow.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 1:22 am 

Liking Altered Carbon but by fvck does Kovacs make me want to start smoking again.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 9:07 am 

I’ve been watching Snoop Dogg’s show on Netflix, ‘Coach Snoop’. It’s a bit like ‘Last Chance U’ except it is about 14 years olds from LA trying to escape the streets through gridiron. I have got to say I have enjoyed it greatly.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 11:06 pm 

GWO2 wrote:

Wasn`t disappointed. :thumbup:

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 8:40 am 

Bindi wrote:

Enjoying to so far, haven’t read the book for a while but seems to follow it well.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 11:09 am 

Just binged on Damnation on Netflix. I really enjoyed it. Lots of plot twists. Season 2 is set up nicely now too.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 11:10 am 

Clogs wrote:
Just binged on Damnation on Netflix. I really enjoyed it. Lots of plot twists. Season 2 is set up nicely now too.

Aah fvck just read season 2 is cancelled.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 11:17 am 

Didn't realise that Altered Carbon is out. Nice. :thumbup:

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 11:40 pm 

A couple of episodes into Altered Carbon. Enjoying it so far. The flashback sequences work well enough, despite the changed story from the books.

Ridiculous level of nudity on show.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 11:43 pm 

Jay Cee Gee wrote:
Been watching both seasons of The Good Place, that's some funny shit.

Such a fantastic show. Almost finished Altered Carbon. Pretty damn good. Usually hate flashbacks but they've done it well for the show. Was wondering how they'd have so much of Quell. Good stuff...

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 11:46 pm 

Too many good shows on these days, getting hard to find the time to watch them all. The last 15 years or so really is the golden age of tv.

(which is ironic because it's the dark age of movies)

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 11:46 pm 

True Blue wrote:
Too many good shows on these days, getting hard to find the time to watch them all. The last 15 years or so really is the golden age of tv.

Could be related.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 11:58 pm 

True Blue wrote:

Well, that is utter bollocks - if you don't like blockbusters (and there has always been popcorn movies) then there's lots of other movies out there.

Agree that there is so much awesome TV out there. Just a few years ago I'd know all the good shows out there, now I'm constantly hearing about some random awesome show that's been around a year or so that I had no idea it existed.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 12:06 am 

UncleFB wrote:
True Blue wrote:

Well, that is utter bollocks - if you don't like blockbusters (and there has always been popcorn movies) then there's lots of other movies out there.

Yeah, that's just silly. There are heaps of very good films coming out all the time. I rarely watch any TV, but a friend recently downloaded a British comedy series called Fleabag that was quite enjoyable. It's a couple of years old now, but I read somewhere they're making a second series soon.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 1:27 am 

Huge binge fest over the last couple of weeks ...

Godless - liked it a lot, could have been trimmed by an episode or two, and possibly had the best western shootout ever (long form, anyway, Unforgiven still probably my fav though it's over in a flash with a badass wrap-up)

Dirk Gently - (first over the hols, second this past week) big fan despite its craziness, loved that it felt so different than anything I've seen before, heard it's not been renewed though???

Stranger Things - good, but did kind of feel like a repeat of the first season, next one had better go much different

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 1:34 am 

Nieghorn wrote:
Huge binge fest over the last couple of weeks ...

Godless - liked it a lot, could have been trimmed by an episode or two, and possibly had the best western shootout ever (long form, anyway, Unforgiven still probably my fav though it's over in a flash with a badass wrap-up)

Dirk Gently - (first over the hols, second this past week) big fan despite its craziness, loved that it felt so different than anything I've seen before, heard it's not been renewed though???

Stranger Things - good, but did kind of feel like a repeat of the first season, next one had better go much different

I liked Godless but found the shootout to be pretty poor and disjointed actually.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 1:39 am 

UncleFB wrote:
I liked Godless but found the shootout to be pretty poor and disjointed actually.

Yeah, I agree. The woman all suddenly turned into badass shots and it seemed like there was a limitless supply of bandit cannon fodder.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 1:50 am 

Jay Cee Gee wrote:
UncleFB wrote:

Yeah, I agree. The woman all suddenly turned into badass shots and it seemed like there was a limitless supply of bandit cannon fodder.

Yep, but then somehow the cannon fodder standing out in the open turned it around even though most of them appeared to be killed early on. Then the blind dude comes to help, but the crack shot decides to take a Sunday stroll before helping out.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 9:02 am 

Clogs wrote:

Just started watching it.

:thumbup:

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 11:08 am 

Brazil wrote:
ASMO wrote:
Dunnikin Diver wrote:
Brazil wrote:

Per earlier post, gave up after three episodes.

As for historical accuracy, we know what British chariots looked like, we know what the native horses were like. The chariots were massively more sophisticated, and there were no great big warm bloods whose nutritional requirements could not be met in that level of agriculture, but rather hardy, stocky native ponies that can fend for themselves. Rather specific I know, but it is an interest of mine.

Meanwhile there are stone halls in the programme there is no chance they could build.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 9:13 pm 

Just caught up on Vice Principals (HBO) season 2. Might be funnier than the first. :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 11:04 pm 

GWO2 wrote:
GWO2 wrote:

Nor was I

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 1:35 am 

Mick Mannock wrote:
GWO2 wrote:
GWO2 wrote:

Nor was I

I'll raise you

and

It really is excellent.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5516 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109 ... 138  Next