Chat Forum
It is currently Tue Jun 19, 2018 7:20 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1195 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 30  Next

Who is going to win?
England 65%  65%  [ 61 ]
Wales 23%  23%  [ 22 ]
Gav 12%  12%  [ 11 ]
Total votes : 94
Author Message
PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 3:56 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue May 23, 2017 6:16 pm
Posts: 961
Mick Mannock wrote:
Dai another day wrote:
Molesworth wrote:
Mick Mannock wrote:
England: Brown; Watson, Joseph, Farrell, May; Ford, Care; M Vunipola, Hartley (capt), Cole, Launchbury, Itoje, Lawes, Robshaw, Simmonds.

Replacements: George, Hepburn, H Williams, Kruis, Underhill, Wigglesworth, Te'o, Nowell.

Wales: Halfpenny; Adams, S Williams, Parkes, Evans; Patchell, G Davies; Evans, Owens, Lee, Hill, AW Jones (capt), A Shingler, Navidi, Moriarty.

Replacements: Dee, W Jones, Francis, B Davies, Tipuric, A Davies, Anscombe, North.

Anyone fancy doing a head to head?

Let's see if all these Welsh doom-sayers can bring themselves to commit to England players being individually better.


I'll bite. Disclaimer - English, not Welsh.
Brown vs 1/2Penny: In my view, 1/2Penny. Close, as I think Brown will bash his head through walls rather than lose, but 1/2Penny is a good defender too, has flashes of inspiration and a better boot. If Watson was here for England I would go for him. Shame L Williams isn't around.
Watson vs Adams. Watson. Scoring tries, solid, seriously put forwards recently as the best wing in the NH. Adams unproven as yet.
Joseph vs S Williams. Joseph. Great try scoring record, great defence. Not the best hands and not a smasher but quick and clever. S Williams a few years ago may got closer, but the Welsh seem to think he has lost his pace.
Farrell vs Parkes. Farrell. In most world XVs a few months ago. Not everybody's cup of tea. Doesn't seem to excel at any one element of 1st 5/8 play, but is pretty decent at all of them. Up against a newbie.
May vs Evans. May. Too fast, plus running great support lines these days instead of crabbing. While not a FB, has learned from being played there.
Ford vs Patchell. Actually bloody close here. Ford has not been playing in a good Tiggers team and Patchell looks excellent. Ford however has far more experience. Probably shades it but I am not sure.
Care vs G Davies. I would probably take Davies. Unless Care has one of his 'on' days I just don't think he is great at SH basics.
M Vunipola vs S Lee. Mako. Lee has never convinced, however strong he is. Mako has been better in the scrum, definitely a better link man.
Hartley (capt) vs Owens. Owens. Hartley always seems a bit beige as a player. Good thrower though... Owens just about.
Cole, vs Evans. Cole. I have been a big critic but actually against Italy he was great. If he plays like that again he may get back to the rock we remember.
Launchbury vs Hill. I would take Launchberry over pretty much anybody. Just everywhere. Strong in the scrum.
Itoje vs AWJ. AWJ. On last year's form, Itoje, but he hasn't been as dynamite this year. AWJ is always absurdly good against England, its like they press a button in his brain.
Lawes vs Shingler. Tough. Probably 50/50 Lawes is good but I still think a bit too slow to turn and get up. But he is a quality player and a better carrier.
Robshaw vs Navidi. Robshaw. Captain reliable. England don't want a fetcher, don't need one.
Simmonds. vs Moriarty. Until last week I would have said Moriarty all day, but now, Simmonds. Play like he did last week and he should be our starting 7 when BV comes back.

Benches:

England by a distance. Tips and North are threats, but Wales pretty callow otherwise, particularly front row. Underworseley and Teo will improve defence and attack respectively. Nowell is looking really, really good.

So what is that: England 10, Wales 5, with England winning the bench, Wales maybe get +1 for Scarlets understanding.


There we have it folks. We have no hope.


You are such a cowardly deadbeat


Where’s your head to head, mouth?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 3:57 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 19, 2017 1:55 am
Posts: 3190
Location: Newport, Gwent
croyals wrote:
Image


What if that sheep is that lions doctor and it thinks the lump under the lions armpit is cancer?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 3:59 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 19, 2017 1:55 am
Posts: 3190
Location: Newport, Gwent
MaccTaff wrote:
I genuinely believe Wales have a chance, and a decent one. It’s just simply that England are more likely to win. Aside from the draw, the way it will go will be:

1) Narrow welsh win
2) Narrow English win
3) Welsh sphincters left gaping

I don’t think that’s an unreasonable assessment, and I’m not saying we have no chance.


I really think from the anthems to the kick off it'll be close, after kick off and it's heavy advantage England.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 4:01 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue May 23, 2017 6:16 pm
Posts: 961
Mick Mannock wrote:
Dai another day wrote:
Molesworth wrote:
Mick Mannock wrote:
England: Brown; Watson, Joseph, Farrell, May; Ford, Care; M Vunipola, Hartley (capt), Cole, Launchbury, Itoje, Lawes, Robshaw, Simmonds.

Replacements: George, Hepburn, H Williams, Kruis, Underhill, Wigglesworth, Te'o, Nowell.

Wales: Halfpenny; Adams, S Williams, Parkes, Evans; Patchell, G Davies; Evans, Owens, Lee, Hill, AW Jones (capt), A Shingler, Navidi, Moriarty.

Replacements: Dee, W Jones, Francis, B Davies, Tipuric, A Davies, Anscombe, North.

Anyone fancy doing a head to head?

Let's see if all these Welsh doom-sayers can bring themselves to commit to England players being individually better.


I'll bite. Disclaimer - English, not Welsh.
Brown vs 1/2Penny: In my view, 1/2Penny. Close, as I think Brown will bash his head through walls rather than lose, but 1/2Penny is a good defender too, has flashes of inspiration and a better boot. If Watson was here for England I would go for him. Shame L Williams isn't around.
Watson vs Adams. Watson. Scoring tries, solid, seriously put forwards recently as the best wing in the NH. Adams unproven as yet.
Joseph vs S Williams. Joseph. Great try scoring record, great defence. Not the best hands and not a smasher but quick and clever. S Williams a few years ago may got closer, but the Welsh seem to think he has lost his pace.
Farrell vs Parkes. Farrell. In most world XVs a few months ago. Not everybody's cup of tea. Doesn't seem to excel at any one element of 1st 5/8 play, but is pretty decent at all of them. Up against a newbie.
May vs Evans. May. Too fast, plus running great support lines these days instead of crabbing. While not a FB, has learned from being played there.
Ford vs Patchell. Actually bloody close here. Ford has not been playing in a good Tiggers team and Patchell looks excellent. Ford however has far more experience. Probably shades it but I am not sure.
Care vs G Davies. I would probably take Davies. Unless Care has one of his 'on' days I just don't think he is great at SH basics.
M Vunipola vs S Lee. Mako. Lee has never convinced, however strong he is. Mako has been better in the scrum, definitely a better link man.
Hartley (capt) vs Owens. Owens. Hartley always seems a bit beige as a player. Good thrower though... Owens just about.
Cole, vs Evans. Cole. I have been a big critic but actually against Italy he was great. If he plays like that again he may get back to the rock we remember.
Launchbury vs Hill. I would take Launchberry over pretty much anybody. Just everywhere. Strong in the scrum.
Itoje vs AWJ. AWJ. On last year's form, Itoje, but he hasn't been as dynamite this year. AWJ is always absurdly good against England, its like they press a button in his brain.
Lawes vs Shingler. Tough. Probably 50/50 Lawes is good but I still think a bit too slow to turn and get up. But he is a quality player and a better carrier.
Robshaw vs Navidi. Robshaw. Captain reliable. England don't want a fetcher, don't need one.
Simmonds. vs Moriarty. Until last week I would have said Moriarty all day, but now, Simmonds. Play like he did last week and he should be our starting 7 when BV comes back.

Benches:

England by a distance. Tips and North are threats, but Wales pretty callow otherwise, particularly front row. Underworseley and Teo will improve defence and attack respectively. Nowell is looking really, really good.

So what is that: England 10, Wales 5, with England winning the bench, Wales maybe get +1 for Scarlets understanding.


There we have it folks. We have no hope.


You are such a cowardly deadbeat


Where’s your head to head, mouth?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 4:24 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Aug 20, 2015 2:22 pm
Posts: 747
Molesworth wrote:
Mick Mannock wrote:
England: Brown; Watson, Joseph, Farrell, May; Ford, Care; M Vunipola, Hartley (capt), Cole, Launchbury, Itoje, Lawes, Robshaw, Simmonds.

Replacements: George, Hepburn, H Williams, Kruis, Underhill, Wigglesworth, Te'o, Nowell.

Wales: Halfpenny; Adams, S Williams, Parkes, Evans; Patchell, G Davies; Evans, Owens, Lee, Hill, AW Jones (capt), A Shingler, Navidi, Moriarty.

Replacements: Dee, W Jones, Francis, B Davies, Tipuric, A Davies, Anscombe, North.

Anyone fancy doing a head to head?

Let's see if all these Welsh doom-sayers can bring themselves to commit to England players being individually better.


I'll bite. Disclaimer - English, not Welsh.
Brown vs 1/2Penny: In my view, 1/2Penny. Close, as I think Brown will bash his head through walls rather than lose, but 1/2Penny is a good defender too, has flashes of inspiration and a better boot. If Watson was here for England I would go for him. Shame L Williams isn't around.
Watson vs Adams. Watson. Scoring tries, solid, seriously put forwards recently as the best wing in the NH. Adams unproven as yet.
Joseph vs S Williams. Joseph. Great try scoring record, great defence. Not the best hands and not a smasher but quick and clever. S Williams a few years ago may got closer, but the Welsh seem to think he has lost his pace.
Farrell vs Parkes. Farrell. In most world XVs a few months ago. Not everybody's cup of tea. Doesn't seem to excel at any one element of 1st 5/8 play, but is pretty decent at all of them. Up against a newbie.
May vs Evans. May. Too fast, plus running great support lines these days instead of crabbing. While not a FB, has learned from being played there.
Ford vs Patchell. Actually bloody close here. Ford has not been playing in a good Tiggers team and Patchell looks excellent. Ford however has far more experience. Probably shades it but I am not sure.
Care vs G Davies. I would probably take Davies. Unless Care has one of his 'on' days I just don't think he is great at SH basics.
M Vunipola vs S Lee. Mako. Lee has never convinced, however strong he is. Mako has been better in the scrum, definitely a better link man.
Hartley (capt) vs Owens. Owens. Hartley always seems a bit beige as a player. Good thrower though... Owens just about.
Cole, vs Evans. Cole. I have been a big critic but actually against Italy he was great. If he plays like that again he may get back to the rock we remember.
Launchbury vs Hill. I would take Launchberry over pretty much anybody. Just everywhere. Strong in the scrum.
Itoje vs AWJ. AWJ. On last year's form, Itoje, but he hasn't been as dynamite this year. AWJ is always absurdly good against England, its like they press a button in his brain.
Lawes vs Shingler. Tough. Probably 50/50 Lawes is good but I still think a bit too slow to turn and get up. But he is a quality player and a better carrier.
Robshaw vs Navidi. Robshaw. Captain reliable. England don't want a fetcher, don't need one.
Simmonds. vs Moriarty. Until last week I would have said Moriarty all day, but now, Simmonds. Play like he did last week and he should be our starting 7 when BV comes back.

Benches:

England by a distance. Tips and North are threats, but Wales pretty callow otherwise, particularly front row. Underworseley and Teo will improve defence and attack respectively. Nowell is looking really, really good.

So what is that: England 10, Wales 5, with England winning the bench, Wales maybe get +1 for Scarlets understanding.


My Head to head would be:

15) Halfpenny: just shades it for his defensive play and goal kicking - Mike Brown is pretty uninspiring as of late
14) Watson: a great winger, in form, and a deadly finisher. Adams is a prospect - but unproven at test level
13) Joseph: get's in because of his defensive play & pace. Scott Williams is solid but has lost a yard of pace
12) Farrell: This one is close IMO because Parkes is playing very well, however Farrell is a proven winner
11) Evans: Evans is more elusive & a better support runner than May (even if he's not as fast)
10) Ford: Patchell is just too green at international level
9) Gareth Davies: although prone to brainfarts - hes probably a better all-round SH than Care
8: Moriarty: Moriarty just coming back from injury & played ppretty well vs Scotland - he should get better as the tournament goes on. Simmonds showed up well against a tiring Italy - but needs to show it against top tier opposition
7) Navidi: Navidi in the form of his life. Robshaw solid but unremarkable
6) Shingler: Another player in the form of his life and more of a natural 6 than Lawes. Lawes is better in the tight exchanges - but Shingler more of a ball player
5) Itoje - close call as AWJ is playing well, experience vs exuberance - not much between them
4) Launchbury: Great engine & hits every ruck. Hill too inexperienced & lacks mass
3) Cole: not much in this either - Cole probably shades it due to his supperior workrate around the field - Lee is strong but limited around the park
2) Owens: Owens is better around the park - Would choose George if he was starting (but he's 2nd choice for some reason)
1) Vunipola: again a close call, Rob Evans is underated in my opinion - he's got a similar ball playing game to Vunipola and is also a good scrumager - but Vunipola gets it

So 7 Welsh (Halfpenny, S Evans, Davies, Moriarty, Shingler, Navidi, Owens) 8 English (Watson, Joseph, Farrell, Care, Itoje, Launchbury, Cole, Vuniploa)

Bench:
Dee vs George - George everyday of the week (although Dee is a very promising younster)
W Jones vs Hepburn - W Jones - very good scrumager & probably one of the most improved players at the Scarlets in the last few seasons. Hepburn has great hair but is a bit green at this level
Francis vs H Williams - Francis? I have to admit i've never heard of H Williams - but Francis is a solid performer these days
B Davies vs Kruis - Kruis I guess? - although his form has been questionable of late
Tipuric vs Underhill - Tipuric everyday of the week
A Davies vs Wigglesworth - who cares - both uninspiring military medium choices
Anscombe vs Te'o: Te'o is a good sub to have - they are covering slightly different positions though
North vs Nowell: North on form is a no brainer - but he's not been in form for an age. Nowell is elusive but lacks top end pace (very similar player to Steph Evans)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 4:35 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 3270
P in VG wrote:
Francis vs H Williams - Francis? I have to admit i've never heard of H Williams - but Francis is a solid performer these days


Given that Francis warms the bench behind Williams at the same club, I think this is a pretty safe choice the other way.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 4:37 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Aug 20, 2015 2:22 pm
Posts: 747
Double wrote:
P in VG wrote:
Francis vs H Williams - Francis? I have to admit i've never heard of H Williams - but Francis is a solid performer these days


Given that Francis warms the bench behind Williams at the same club, I think this is a pretty safe choice the other way.


:thumbup: Like i said - don't know much about him


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 4:37 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 32
The odds in the northern hemisphere gambling sites are even Victorian. The limeys are too soft , yeah they have started to flood the team with some English Yorkshire-Sheep-Shaggers but the rest are the same self entitled public schoolboy inbreds.
If Wales didn't have the 7 Lions injured they would lose this (and would have lost against Scotland). The new replacement are better athletes, fitter and mentally tougher. Expect a Wales win again a pretty overrated limey team.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 4:39 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 24885
I've put 3 emotional hedge bets on:

- Wales win
- Wales to score first
- Scott Williams to score first try

A Wales win would be very disappointing but any of the above will earn me money - well, providing I've made the bets correctly - I don't really do betting so am clueless with online gambling sites and have probably staked everything on a Dan Cole hat trick.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 4:48 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 540
Location: Smallsbury
rKihgars wrote:
The odds in the northern hemisphere gambling sites are even Victorian. The limeys are too soft , yeah they have started to flood the team with some English Yorkshire-Sheep-Shaggers but the rest are the same self entitled public schoolboy inbreds.
If Wales didn't have the 7 Lions injured they would lose this (and would have lost against Scotland). The new replacement are better athletes, fitter and mentally tougher. Expect a Wales win again a pretty overrated limey team.


Have we got anyone from God's Own County playing?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 4:52 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 3270
duke wrote:
rKihgars wrote:
The odds in the northern hemisphere gambling sites are even Victorian. The limeys are too soft , yeah they have started to flood the team with some English Yorkshire-Sheep-Shaggers but the rest are the same self entitled public schoolboy inbreds.
If Wales didn't have the 7 Lions injured they would lose this (and would have lost against Scotland). The new replacement are better athletes, fitter and mentally tougher. Expect a Wales win again a pretty overrated limey team.


Have we got anyone from God's Own County playing?


Care is a Tyke I think, Leeds.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 4:56 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 540
Location: Smallsbury
Double wrote:
duke wrote:
rKihgars wrote:
The odds in the northern hemisphere gambling sites are even Victorian. The limeys are too soft , yeah they have started to flood the team with some English Yorkshire-Sheep-Shaggers but the rest are the same self entitled public schoolboy inbreds.
If Wales didn't have the 7 Lions injured they would lose this (and would have lost against Scotland). The new replacement are better athletes, fitter and mentally tougher. Expect a Wales win again a pretty overrated limey team.


Have we got anyone from God's Own County playing?


Care is a Tyke I think, Leeds.

True, a token Tyke. Tomas Francis is also a Yorkist.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 4:56 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue May 23, 2017 6:16 pm
Posts: 961
Double wrote:
P in VG wrote:
Francis vs H Williams - Francis? I have to admit i've never heard of H Williams - but Francis is a solid performer these days


Given that Francis warms the bench behind Williams at the same club, I think this is a pretty safe choice the other way.


You do realise that you rated May, Robshaw at 7 and Lawes at 6 over Evans, Navidi and Shingler? Not sure you’re in a position to judge his selections.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 5:19 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 3270
cubby boi wrote:
Double wrote:
P in VG wrote:
Francis vs H Williams - Francis? I have to admit i've never heard of H Williams - but Francis is a solid performer these days


Given that Francis warms the bench behind Williams at the same club, I think this is a pretty safe choice the other way.


You do realise that you rated May, Robshaw at 7 and Lawes at 6 over Evans, Navidi and Shingler? Not sure you’re in a position to judge his selections.


No, I had Navidi and Shingler ahead of the other two. I said I'd take the two English wingers rather than the Welsh, and I would.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 5:31 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue May 23, 2017 6:16 pm
Posts: 961
Double wrote:
cubby boi wrote:
Double wrote:
P in VG wrote:
Francis vs H Williams - Francis? I have to admit i've never heard of H Williams - but Francis is a solid performer these days


Given that Francis warms the bench behind Williams at the same club, I think this is a pretty safe choice the other way.


You do realise that you rated May, Robshaw at 7 and Lawes at 6 over Evans, Navidi and Shingler? Not sure you’re in a position to judge his selections.


No, I had Navidi and Shingler ahead of the other two. I said I'd take the two English wingers rather than the Welsh, and I would.


Sorry, confused you with Molesworth


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 5:35 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Aug 05, 2015 11:00 am
Posts: 66
cubby boi wrote:
Double wrote:
P in VG wrote:
Francis vs H Williams - Francis? I have to admit i've never heard of H Williams - but Francis is a solid performer these days


Given that Francis warms the bench behind Williams at the same club, I think this is a pretty safe choice the other way.


You do realise that you rated May, Robshaw at 7 and Lawes at 6 over Evans, Navidi and Shingler? Not sure you’re in a position to judge his selections.



I thought that was me.

I stand by May. I think he is a much improved player - better positioning and understanding and retains the ability he had when he tore the ABs a new one.

Robshaw divides people. Even Saint Eddie thought he was unnecessary before taking the job. Personally I see him as a Richard Hill lite. He just makes everything better and is always in the thick of it. He will not have column inches because of stampeding runs or turnovers, but in the current rucking game he is the man you want. Keep possession, quick possession, link. So I stand by that too.

Shingler I don't know a great deal of I admit, and I think I said it was close between him and Lawes.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 6:21 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 22857
P in VG wrote:
Molesworth wrote:
Mick Mannock wrote:
England: Brown; Watson, Joseph, Farrell, May; Ford, Care; M Vunipola, Hartley (capt), Cole, Launchbury, Itoje, Lawes, Robshaw, Simmonds.

Replacements: George, Hepburn, H Williams, Kruis, Underhill, Wigglesworth, Te'o, Nowell.

Wales: Halfpenny; Adams, S Williams, Parkes, Evans; Patchell, G Davies; Evans, Owens, Lee, Hill, AW Jones (capt), A Shingler, Navidi, Moriarty.

Replacements: Dee, W Jones, Francis, B Davies, Tipuric, A Davies, Anscombe, North.

Anyone fancy doing a head to head?

Let's see if all these Welsh doom-sayers can bring themselves to commit to England players being individually better.


I'll bite. Disclaimer - English, not Welsh.
Brown vs 1/2Penny: In my view, 1/2Penny. Close, as I think Brown will bash his head through walls rather than lose, but 1/2Penny is a good defender too, has flashes of inspiration and a better boot. If Watson was here for England I would go for him. Shame L Williams isn't around.
Watson vs Adams. Watson. Scoring tries, solid, seriously put forwards recently as the best wing in the NH. Adams unproven as yet.
Joseph vs S Williams. Joseph. Great try scoring record, great defence. Not the best hands and not a smasher but quick and clever. S Williams a few years ago may got closer, but the Welsh seem to think he has lost his pace.
Farrell vs Parkes. Farrell. In most world XVs a few months ago. Not everybody's cup of tea. Doesn't seem to excel at any one element of 1st 5/8 play, but is pretty decent at all of them. Up against a newbie.
May vs Evans. May. Too fast, plus running great support lines these days instead of crabbing. While not a FB, has learned from being played there.
Ford vs Patchell. Actually bloody close here. Ford has not been playing in a good Tiggers team and Patchell looks excellent. Ford however has far more experience. Probably shades it but I am not sure.
Care vs G Davies. I would probably take Davies. Unless Care has one of his 'on' days I just don't think he is great at SH basics.
M Vunipola vs S Lee. Mako. Lee has never convinced, however strong he is. Mako has been better in the scrum, definitely a better link man.
Hartley (capt) vs Owens. Owens. Hartley always seems a bit beige as a player. Good thrower though... Owens just about.
Cole, vs Evans. Cole. I have been a big critic but actually against Italy he was great. If he plays like that again he may get back to the rock we remember.
Launchbury vs Hill. I would take Launchberry over pretty much anybody. Just everywhere. Strong in the scrum.
Itoje vs AWJ. AWJ. On last year's form, Itoje, but he hasn't been as dynamite this year. AWJ is always absurdly good against England, its like they press a button in his brain.
Lawes vs Shingler. Tough. Probably 50/50 Lawes is good but I still think a bit too slow to turn and get up. But he is a quality player and a better carrier.
Robshaw vs Navidi. Robshaw. Captain reliable. England don't want a fetcher, don't need one.
Simmonds. vs Moriarty. Until last week I would have said Moriarty all day, but now, Simmonds. Play like he did last week and he should be our starting 7 when BV comes back.

Benches:

England by a distance. Tips and North are threats, but Wales pretty callow otherwise, particularly front row. Underworseley and Teo will improve defence and attack respectively. Nowell is looking really, really good.

So what is that: England 10, Wales 5, with England winning the bench, Wales maybe get +1 for Scarlets understanding.



North vs Nowell: North on form is a no brainer - but he's not been in form for an age. Nowell is elusive but lacks top end pace (very similar player to Steph Evans)


North might be a no-brainer before too long :(


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 7:35 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue May 23, 2017 6:16 pm
Posts: 961
Halfpenny a doubt after missing today’s training due to illness


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 7:37 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 24, 2016 12:40 pm
Posts: 1132
c69 wrote:
The game will he won in the front 5. You have the better international unit by far.
Your bench is very good and I feel you will pull away from a knackered Wales in the last 15. If we had our best 15 on the pitch then it would be close on a dry day.
If it's raining and cold then your forwards will deliver a platform for Ford and Farrell to kick to the corners and control the game. Patchell and Davies won't be able to play a controlled game in such conditions and we don't have a decent catch and maul defence against your line out close to the line


This spiritual guardian stuff is a nonsense. We (Ingerlund) don't think we are great at the maul game. We haven't been kicking to the corner (unless rejecting 'posts', not always wisely, see 2015). In general we have been trying to get on the weak shoulders of defenders with our speedy, skilful players.

Unfortunately this does not fit your narrative.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 8:22 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 11691
Welsh fans, unlike their mockers appeasing posters on here, are very confident their side beating England - Wales Online poll is running with over 60% expecting Wales to win.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 8:29 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 12207
Have you enjoyed stoking the fire this week oval? ;)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 8:35 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 24885
cubby boi wrote:
Halfpenny a doubt after missing today’s training due to illness


No offence to Halfpenny but I'd rather England deal with him than Liam Williams, even if he's not back to match firness.

Seems to be an option appearing in the media.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 8:45 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 19, 2017 1:55 am
Posts: 3190
Location: Newport, Gwent
ovalball wrote:
Welsh fans, unlike their mockers appeasing posters on here, are very confident their side beating England - Wales Online poll is running with over 60% expecting Wales to win.


Don't mock the mentally disadvantaged mate, it's poor form.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 8:45 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 11691
Wendigo7 wrote:
Have you enjoyed stoking the fire this week oval? ;)


8)

I've done my best to help lift the thread out of the doldrums it was in earlier in the week.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 8:46 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 11691
bessantj wrote:
ovalball wrote:
Welsh fans, unlike their mockers appeasing posters on here, are very confident their side beating England - Wales Online poll is running with over 60% expecting Wales to win.


Don't mock the mentally disadvantaged mate, it's poor form.


:lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 8:58 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 1:44 pm
Posts: 46473
Location: In the Centre/left wing
ManInTheBar wrote:
c69 wrote:
The game will he won in the front 5. You have the better international unit by far.
Your bench is very good and I feel you will pull away from a knackered Wales in the last 15. If we had our best 15 on the pitch then it would be close on a dry day.
If it's raining and cold then your forwards will deliver a platform for Ford and Farrell to kick to the corners and control the game. Patchell and Davies won't be able to play a controlled game in such conditions and we don't have a decent catch and maul defence against your line out close to the line


This spiritual guardian stuff is a nonsense. We (Ingerlund) don't think we are great at the maul game. We haven't been kicking to the corner (unless rejecting 'posts', not always wisely, see 2015). In general we have been trying to get on the weak shoulders of defenders with our speedy, skilful players.

Unfortunately this does not fit your narrative.

Utter bollocks. I've given a blue print to demolish this mediocre Welsh team. If I can see it so can Eddie.
Its about pragmatism and playing who is in front of you. England have a team to play expansive or to play tight and the capability to do both or either and switch seemlessly from plan A to plan B and even adopt a plan C if necessary.
Wales, well one good win against a rudderless over rated Scottish team doesn't really impress me.
If we win or get within a score tomorrow my flabber would be ghasted.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 9:13 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 4213
You could say one good win against the whipping boys of the 6n(Italy), does not impress me.
By rights Wales should have no chance against Eng and yet the last four games have bin close.

Wales will have to be at their very best to win, so its not mission impossible so I'll stick with Wales by 4.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 11:04 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 11691
Clive wrote:
You could say one good win against the whipping boys of the 6n(Italy), does not impress me.
By rights Wales should have no chance against Eng and yet the last four games have bin close.

Wales will have to be at their very best to win, so its not mission impossible so I'll stick with Wales by 4.


Wales have a great chance. We don't have big carriers to ruffle the excellent Welsh defence, Simmonds won't find the gaps he did against Italy - and Wales have the edge at the breakdown. Assuming it is wet, I think that increases the Welsh chances. Could come down to who takes their chances best.

Home advantage, and a good bench, might carry us to a win. I think it'll be tight.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 11:06 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 39379
Location: Dublin
c69 wrote:
ManInTheBar wrote:
c69 wrote:
The game will he won in the front 5. You have the better international unit by far.
Your bench is very good and I feel you will pull away from a knackered Wales in the last 15. If we had our best 15 on the pitch then it would be close on a dry day.
If it's raining and cold then your forwards will deliver a platform for Ford and Farrell to kick to the corners and control the game. Patchell and Davies won't be able to play a controlled game in such conditions and we don't have a decent catch and maul defence against your line out close to the line


This spiritual guardian stuff is a nonsense. We (Ingerlund) don't think we are great at the maul game. We haven't been kicking to the corner (unless rejecting 'posts', not always wisely, see 2015). In general we have been trying to get on the weak shoulders of defenders with our speedy, skilful players.

Unfortunately this does not fit your narrative.

Utter bollocks. I've given a blue print to demolish this mediocre Welsh team. If I can see it so can Eddie.
Its about pragmatism and playing who is in front of you. England have a team to play expansive or to play tight and the capability to do both or either and switch seemlessly from plan A to plan B and even adopt a plan C if necessary.
Wales, well one good win against a rudderless over rated Scottish team doesn't really impress me.
If we win or get within a score tomorrow my flabber would be ghasted.


Boring!!!

Most Welsh are quietly expecting a win.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 11:07 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 4896
Wales coulda/shoulda won last year against arguably a stronger England side...im pretty nervous about this.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 11:07 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 39379
Location: Dublin
Clive wrote:
You could say one good win against the whipping boys of the 6n(Italy), does not impress me.
By rights Wales should have no chance against Eng and yet the last four games have bin close.

Wales will have to be at their very best to win, so its not mission impossible so I'll stick with Wales by 4.


I agree.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 11:08 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 39379
Location: Dublin
ovalball wrote:
Clive wrote:
You could say one good win against the whipping boys of the 6n(Italy), does not impress me.
By rights Wales should have no chance against Eng and yet the last four games have bin close.

Wales will have to be at their very best to win, so its not mission impossible so I'll stick with Wales by 4.


Wales have a great chance. We don't have big carriers to ruffle the excellent Welsh defence, Simmonds won't find the gaps he did against Italy - and Wales have the edge at the breakdown. Assuming it is wet, I think that increases the Welsh chances. Could come down to who takes their chances best.

Home advantage, and a good bench, might carry us to a win. I think it'll be tight.


You're nervous as fook. :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 11:20 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 11691
iarmhiman wrote:
ovalball wrote:
Clive wrote:
You could say one good win against the whipping boys of the 6n(Italy), does not impress me.
By rights Wales should have no chance against Eng and yet the last four games have bin close.

Wales will have to be at their very best to win, so its not mission impossible so I'll stick with Wales by 4.


Wales have a great chance. We don't have big carriers to ruffle the excellent Welsh defence, Simmonds won't find the gaps he did against Italy - and Wales have the edge at the breakdown. Assuming it is wet, I think that increases the Welsh chances. Could come down to who takes their chances best.

Home advantage, and a good bench, might carry us to a win. I think it'll be tight.


You're nervous as fook. :lol:


I won't deny it. :blush:

One thing, in our favour, is that Eddie has already seen what this Welsh side can do - so England won't be surprised that they can play a bit and are coming to town with a different game plan.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 11:37 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 6078
Location: LOL! WISDOM!
It'll be close, but I think one team or the other will win it by scoring more points.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 11:43 pm 
Online

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 7080
The team that wants it the most will win it.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 11:46 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 12207
message #2527204 wrote:
It'll be close, but I think one team or the other will win it by scoring more points.

:lol:

I've never been more laissez faire and calm about a game in my life. :)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 11:47 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Oct 22, 2016 9:10 pm
Posts: 2614
message #2527204 wrote:
It'll be close, but I think one team or the other will win it by scoring more points.


I agree, I can only see one team winning though to be honest because I've never seen two teams win the same game


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 11:53 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 6078
Location: LOL! WISDOM!
Clive Simms wrote:
message #2527204 wrote:
It'll be close, but I think one team or the other will win it by scoring more points.


I agree, I can only see one team winning though to be honest because I've never seen two teams win the same game


I think it'll definitely be a game of two halves. And I can only see one team losing, for the same reason.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 12:00 am 
Online

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 7080
Some will have laid their bodies on the line, and others will realise that you can't afford to make many mistakes when playing at this level. The value of the top 2 inches will be emphasised too.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 12:02 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Mar 19, 2012 4:18 pm
Posts: 220
The weather clearly plays into the Welsh hands with the heavier pack, i just hope it doesn't ruin the spectacle.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1195 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 30  Next

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: assfly, Beaver_Shark, Bing [Bot], DragsterDriver, Dubh01, eldanielfire, Google Adsense [Bot], Gwenno, houtkabouter, Jake, kingswood, Liquid_Len, MungoMan, Olddantucker, Podge, Raggs, somer, Ted., Willie Falloon, Yourmother, Zakar and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group