Chat Forum
It is currently Thu Nov 15, 2018 5:18 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 674 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 17  Next
PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2018 12:04 pm 

Double wrote:
The news won't surprise anyone who's shared a bus, train, stadium, pub, pavement with a group of Scottish, Irish or Welsh fans.

It's strange, because England have a great sporting rivalry with other countries like France and Australia (I'd call the Australia rivalry our biggest, it's certainly the closest-fought), but I've never seen half the bigotry and abusiveness out of either of those sets of fans and you do from a set of celtic rugby supporters on a match day against England. It just seems to be 'accepted'.

I blame Mel Gibson.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2018 12:05 pm 

shanky wrote:
naki wrote:

Blame grievous

Is he broad, also?

Might be, ”he” does seem to be on his period quite regularly

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2018 12:05 pm 

Double wrote:
The news won't surprise anyone who's shared a bus, train, stadium, pub, pavement with a group of Scottish, Irish or Welsh fans.

It's strange, because England have a great sporting rivalry with other countries like France and Australia (I'd call the Australia rivalry our biggest, it's certainly the closest-fought), but I've never seen half the bigotry and abusiveness out of either of those sets of fans and you do from a set of celtic rugby supporters on a match day against England. It just seems to be 'accepted'.

:thumbup:

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2018 12:07 pm 

Plato'sCave wrote:
Eddie sometimes talks a fückload of tripe but giving him abuse when he’s just going about his day is just classless. It’s like hating the guy playing the small ugly sister in the local panto, it’s just theatre. Enjoy it.

While I agree with this..totally

Eddie himself is renowned as probably the worst sledger in history as well as being utterly fearless.

I bet he’s chuckling away quietly on this one. :thumbup:

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2018 12:08 pm 

matta25 wrote:
Double wrote:

You know the abuse you dish out regularly to Gatland and Shaun Edwards (and back in the day towards Shane Williams and Ryan Jones) - do you save that for message boards, or do it in real life, too?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2018 12:08 pm 

shanky wrote:
Plato'sCave wrote:
Eddie sometimes talks a fückload of tripe but giving him abuse when he’s just going about his day is just classless. It’s like hating the guy playing the small ugly sister in the local panto, it’s just theatre. Enjoy it.

Eddie himself is renowned as probably the worst sledger in history as well as being utterly fearless.

Probably lol, & he couldn't resist a little payback to Hastings when the opportunity arose.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2018 12:10 pm 

Still can't work out how Eddie thinks he's been abused......I can never understand what a jock is saying...he may only have been asking the way to the nearest chippie to get a deep fried moro bar....

shanky wrote:
Plato'sCave wrote:

He’s setting Hastings up as the other panto villain and the gullible English types are lapping it up without realising the panto is still happening.

naki wrote:
shanky wrote:
naki wrote:

Blame grievous

Is he broad, also?

Might be, ”he” does seem to be on his period quite regularly

Quite

Broad can also mean thick, dense, impenetrable and unreasonably miserable

Or so I believe

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2018 12:11 pm 

Plato'sCave wrote:
shanky wrote:
Plato'sCave wrote:

He’s setting Hastings up as the other panto villain and the gullible English types are lapping it up without realising the panto is still happening.

Indeed. The scots will be begging to be beaten as absolution next time

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2018 12:13 pm 

Plato'sCave wrote:
shanky wrote:
Plato'sCave wrote:

There's willing suspension of disbelief though, we really don't like Gav. :thumbup:

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2018 12:17 pm 

EverReady wrote:
shanky wrote:
I’m perfectly willing to believe that those four louts on the video are perfectly symptomatic of the whole of the Scottish rugby public

Yep. Skinny jean wearing fúcks

I like to think the wet patch on the leg of the guy in the really skinny jeans was where he had pissed himself, but chances are he had just spilt his beer.

These lads just look like common garden variety twats, I cant imagine they in anyway represent the typical scottish rugby fan

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2018 12:18 pm 

Chips wrote:
Plato'sCave wrote:
shanky wrote:
Plato'sCave wrote:

There's willing suspension of disbelief though, we really don't like Gav. :thumbup:

Just rise above all of it, in my experience the only way to do that consistently is to always look down on everyone. :thumbup:

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2018 12:20 pm 

james garner wrote:
These lads just look like common garden variety twats, I cant imagine they in anyway represent the typical scottish rugby fan

Do you remember a poster called Jrp? :lol:

james garner wrote:
EverReady wrote:
shanky wrote:
I’m perfectly willing to believe that those four louts on the video are perfectly symptomatic of the whole of the Scottish rugby public

Yep. Skinny jean wearing fúcks

I like to think the wet patch on the leg of the guy in the really skinny jeans was where he had pissed himself, but chances are he had just spilt his beer.

Umm, yeah.

dpedin wrote:
OK - the guys who gave the disgusting verbals to Jones deserve to be punished/fined. They probably regret it as we speak and an apology would show they can man up to what they have done. SRU statement covers it for 99.99% of Scottish rugby supporters. However for Jones to single out Berghan and Hastings is just way over the top and I suspect he just doesn't get the rivalry thing between us. Jones is a wind up merchant and if any coach takes things too far at times it is him.

On the Hastings comments - I come across both him and his brother regularly and both are very very passionate Scots however they are both good, honourable guys and Gavin would be horrified with what Jones as implied. He wouldn't necessarily be on my Eggheads team but he does not deserve the Jones accusations.

We Scots don't have many victories like Saturdays to enjoy and year after year have to put up with the patronising and mildly racist and offensive comments about the 'plucky jocks' from the ever infuriating Inverdale, Gassgut and the likes who sit smugly on the BBC stage having flown up the morning of the game complaining about the cold and the weather and who fly out immediately afterwards. Once again on Saturday we had the 'plucky scot' Nicol perched at the side of the stage almost out of view whilst Inverdale and his buddies warmed up for the steady march of England to the Grand Slam. Thank feck big Paul brought some objectivity to the analysis and focused on what Scotland did well rather have than the ongoing 'what is wrong with England' debate!

The problem is most folk south of the border are oblivious to the ongoing, slightly offensive and irritating English parochialism that pisses off most Celts and wonder what all the bother is about when it is raised. Try waiting for the Pro14 rugby results on the BBC on a Friday night and all you get is the Quins and the Leicester results!

Listen the guy had a few verbals thrown at him and didnt enjoy it, it was mild compared to the shit thrown my way last time I wore a kilt down south to a wedding!

:lol: :lol: racist and offensive. Have a lie down snowflake.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2018 12:21 pm 

Double wrote:

Yeah the English are great salt of the earth types that never get into any bother. It's not like their football fans have seen their teams banned from International competitions or anything due to their shocking behaviour, you know something that never happened to Scottish, Welsh or Irish teams...

All nations have a minority of dickheads in them, you just have more of them because, you know, you are a more populous country.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2018 12:23 pm 

Chips wrote:
james garner wrote:

He scared you away didn't he petal, glad to see you have discovered your spine and felt it is now safe to return.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2018 12:25 pm 

Scrummie wrote:
and offensive. Have a lie down snowflake.

:nod:

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2018 12:25 pm 

Scrummie wrote:
dpedin wrote:
OK - the guys who gave the disgusting verbals to Jones deserve to be punished/fined. They probably regret it as we speak and an apology would show they can man up to what they have done. SRU statement covers it for 99.99% of Scottish rugby supporters. However for Jones to single out Berghan and Hastings is just way over the top and I suspect he just doesn't get the rivalry thing between us. Jones is a wind up merchant and if any coach takes things too far at times it is him.

On the Hastings comments - I come across both him and his brother regularly and both are very very passionate Scots however they are both good, honourable guys and Gavin would be horrified with what Jones as implied. He wouldn't necessarily be on my Eggheads team but he does not deserve the Jones accusations.

We Scots don't have many victories like Saturdays to enjoy and year after year have to put up with the patronising and mildly racist and offensive comments about the 'plucky jocks' from the ever infuriating Inverdale, Gassgut and the likes who sit smugly on the BBC stage having flown up the morning of the game complaining about the cold and the weather and who fly out immediately afterwards. Once again on Saturday we had the 'plucky scot' Nicol perched at the side of the stage almost out of view whilst Inverdale and his buddies warmed up for the steady march of England to the Grand Slam. Thank feck big Paul brought some objectivity to the analysis and focused on what Scotland did well rather have than the ongoing 'what is wrong with England' debate!

The problem is most folk south of the border are oblivious to the ongoing, slightly offensive and irritating English parochialism that pisses off most Celts and wonder what all the bother is about when it is raised. Try waiting for the Pro14 rugby results on the BBC on a Friday night and all you get is the Quins and the Leicester results!

Listen the guy had a few verbals thrown at him and didnt enjoy it, it was mild compared to the shit thrown my way last time I wore a kilt down south to a wedding!

:lol:

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2018 12:30 pm 

eldanielfire wrote:
dpedin wrote:

We Scots don't have many victories like Saturdays to enjoy and year after year have to put up with the patronising and mildly racist and offensive comments about the 'plucky jocks' from the ever infuriating Inverdale, Gassgut and the likes who sit smugly on the BBC
stage having flown up the morning of the game complaining about the cold and the weather and who fly out immediately afterwards. Once again on Saturday we had the 'plucky scot' Nicol perched at the side of the stage almost out of view whilst Inverdale and his buddies warmed up for the steady march of England to the Grand Slam. Thank feck big Paul brought some objectivity to the analysis and focused on what Scotland did well rather than the ongoing 'what is wrong with England' debate!

Bloody hell, people get frozen out of work, attacked, have racist political and nationalist groups against them and you claim that this is somehow in anyway racist and deserving of any negative feeling. Also WTF? The BBC only shows Pro-14 games domestically and your point about results is just false.

Actually, have you ever been to Scotland?

What the fudge is wrong with you today?

Lorthern Nights wrote:
Chips wrote:
james garner wrote:

He scared you away didn't he petal, glad to see you have discovered your spine and felt it is now safe to return.

Scared away?! :lol: Wee Jock Poo Ploppy McAngry got his mod jock mate to believe I was stalking him offline. Total bollocks of course but repeat a lie on PR about half a dozen times and gullible saps will repeat it half a dozen times more. And so on and so forth.

Still, you believe what makes you feel happy.

Scrummie wrote:
dpedin wrote:

Scrummie wrote:
matta25 wrote:
Sounds like similar sort of verbal antics happened during the match itself, he was just behind a glass coaches' box. So not sure how much value there is in saying these cnuts aren't rugby fans.

Heard a lot of nasty stuff at Murrayfield last two times we were there. All the nationalistic centuries of hurt stuff just seems to spill over.

Without a hint of irony but a page apart.

'Baldy cvnt' is a term of endearment in many parts of Scotland

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2018 12:31 pm 

Lorthern Nights wrote:

:lol: :lol:

You're only inciting the Braylords.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2018 12:33 pm 

Chips wrote:
Lorthern Nights wrote:
Chips wrote:
james garner wrote:

Scared away?! :lol: Wee Jock Poo Ploppy McAngry got his mod jock mate to believe I was stalking him offline. Total bollocks of course but repeat a lie on PR about half a dozen times and gullible saps will repeat it half a dozen times more. And so on and so forth.

You ran away from the big bad bully Jerpy as you couldnt stand the heat. You like to dish it out but can't take it, never could.

Dont worry Toga it's only words on a computer screen you can log off anytime it gets a bit too much for you.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2018 12:38 pm 

Lorthern Nights wrote:
Chips wrote:
Lorthern Nights wrote:
Chips wrote:
james garner wrote:

You ran away from the big bad bully Jerpy as you couldnt stand the heat. You like to dish it out but can't take it, never could.

Dont worry Toga it's only words on a computer screen you can log off anytime it gets a bit too much for you.

It’s not my fight or anything, but you did spend many years standing behind jrp shouting ‘come on Cvnt!’ from the back and snickering loyally at his every Fonzie-joke

So, I’d probably STFU if I was you.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2018 12:39 pm 

Lorthern Nights wrote:
Scrummie wrote:
dpedin wrote:

Scrummie wrote:
matta25 wrote:
Sounds like similar sort of verbal antics happened during the match itself, he was just behind a glass coaches' box. So not sure how much value there is in saying these cnuts aren't rugby fans.

Heard a lot of nasty stuff at Murrayfield last two times we were there. All the nationalistic centuries of hurt stuff just seems to spill over.

Oooh you’re clever well done. Didn’t say I was offfended or it was racist just that it was nasty as in ‘Kill the English c+#&ts’ with kids sitting nearby.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2018 12:40 pm 

Lorthern Nights wrote:
Chips wrote:
Lorthern Nights wrote:
Chips wrote:
james garner wrote:

Jrp was a big bad bully yes. And you were one of his fluffers. Well done.

Must have been unsettling for Eddie, and he would have been entirely unprepared for verbal abuse having previously operated in the kindly, restrained and measured environments of Japan and in NZ as Wallaby coach.

shanky wrote:

It’s not my fight or anything, but you did spend many years standing behind jrp shouting ‘come on Cvnt!’ from the back and snickering loyally at his every Fonzie-joke

Yeah i never had any run ins with Jerpy :roll:

It was my regular bust ups with Jerpy on the Indy thread that was a contributing factor to him buggering off but you keep pluggin away champ, you're bound to land a blow one of these days.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2018 12:42 pm 

Chips wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol: Aye ok.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2018 12:42 pm 

Lorthern Nights wrote:
shanky wrote:

It was my regular bust ups with Jerpy on the Indy thread that was a contributing factor to him buggering off but you keep pluggin away champ, you're bound to land a blow one of these days.

No worries, slugger

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2018 12:43 pm 

Just think of the kids.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2018 12:43 pm 

Lorthern Nights wrote:
Chips wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol: Aye ok.

He had to wait for one of his mates to give him that line :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2018 12:45 pm 

Arseholes are arseholes no matter what country they are from.

In this case the arseholes were Scottish and out of order.

Shouldn't of happened, the plum should apologise and get a kick in the baws and move on.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2018 12:49 pm 

slick wrote:
eldanielfire wrote:
dpedin wrote:

We Scots don't have many victories like Saturdays to enjoy and year after year have to put up with the patronising and mildly racist and offensive comments about the 'plucky jocks' from the ever infuriating Inverdale, Gassgut and the likes who sit smugly on the BBC
stage having flown up the morning of the game complaining about the cold and the weather and who fly out immediately afterwards. Once again on Saturday we had the 'plucky scot' Nicol perched at the side of the stage almost out of view whilst Inverdale and his buddies warmed up for the steady march of England to the Grand Slam. Thank feck big Paul brought some objectivity to the analysis and focused on what Scotland did well rather than the ongoing 'what is wrong with England' debate!

Bloody hell, people get frozen out of work, attacked, have racist political and nationalist groups against them and you claim that this is somehow in anyway racist and deserving of any negative feeling. Also WTF? The BBC only shows Pro-14 games domestically and your point about results is just false.

What has dpedin's post got to do with me going to Scotland?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2018 12:50 pm 

Lorthern Nights wrote:
shanky wrote:

Thinly veiled "I defeated jerpy" post.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2018 12:52 pm 

eldanielfire wrote:
slick wrote:
eldanielfire wrote:
dpedin wrote:

What has dpedin's post got to do with me going to Scotland?

Maybe I'm wrong, but I think you are suggesting that this

Quote:
people get frozen out of work, attacked, have racist political and nationalist groups against them

is what happens to English people in Scotland?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2018 12:57 pm 

Lack of self awareness amongst a lot of our English posters is staggering but not unexpected!

There is a reason why most other countries dislike England and love to beat them - whether it is football, rugby or any other sport - and it isn't anything to do with the quality of their team. It is the completely ego centric and patronising behaviour of theirs, a mild 'Brexit like' Johny Foreigner approach to everyone who is not english. It isn't deliberate nor are they conscious of how patronising they come across. There is nothing worse when I'm in France playing golf when a group of loud (they always are!) Estuary English march into the golf club bar and start shouting at the 'staff' for pints of bitter and sending back their steaks until they are 'properly cooked' shouting Garcon to anyone not speaking english! Lack of respect drives me feckin nuts!

This holier than thou attitude was one of the main driving forces behind the creation of the great British Empire. It is also probably why they lost the empire, why the other UK nations want greater autonomy/independence and why 'little england' will probably end up ostracised from the rest of Europe and indeed the Celtic nations.

Good god think I'm going stir crazy in this snow induced entrapment!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 674 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 17  Next