Chat Forum
It is currently Fri Jul 19, 2019 4:50 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 662 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next
PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2018 10:09 pm 

Yourmother wrote:
So fine. Just admit your insecure bias. Don’t pretend it’s not there.

You always want to beat the most influential, powerful and leading country in rugby culture around the world. That country is England

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2018 10:11 pm 

iarmhiman wrote:
Yourmother wrote:

You always want to beat the most influential, powerful and leader in rugby culture around the world. That country is England

This is good. Let it out!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2018 10:13 pm 

Yourmother wrote:
Gavin Duffy wrote:
Ah, the argument from personal experience.

Yet it’s been confirmed by all replies so far.

Ah! You appear to be suffering from stockholm syndrome.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2018 10:16 pm 

Yourmother wrote:
iarmhiman wrote:
Yourmother wrote:

You always want to beat the most influential, powerful and leader in rugby culture around the world. That country is England

This is good. Let it out!

I will. As long as England continue to be spiritual leaders of rugby in the world, they will be the team everyone wants to beat.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2018 10:20 pm 

YM cant be that bright of a fellow if this is coming to him as some sort of recent realisation

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2018 10:33 pm 

nardol wrote:
YM cant be that bright of a fellow if this is coming to him as some sort of recent realisation

you guys are pathetic. :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2018 10:34 pm 

Yourmother wrote:
nardol wrote:
Yourmother wrote:
iarmhiman wrote:
Chips wrote:
A decent way to summarise this thread is that it's ok for Celts to call the English arrogant but it's not ok for the English to call the Celts bigoted (toward the English).

Is that fair enough?

I would say that both are as bad as each other. Happy?

No way. You celts are much worse, bitter, post oppressed, etc. It feels as a neutral as though the Celts are pushing a Zimbabwe agenda against England.

I see the Daily Mail has arrived.

Every Celt I have met wants to stick it up England over every other team.

:? Don't we too? Losing to the Saffers/Ozzies/French is one thing but losing to the Poms is intolerable. "Pricks to lose to" and all that. :P

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2018 10:40 pm 

booji boy wrote:
Yourmother wrote:
nardol wrote:
Yourmother wrote:
iarmhiman wrote:

I would say that both are as bad as each other. Happy?

No way. You celts are much worse, bitter, post oppressed, etc. It feels as a neutral as though the Celts are pushing a Zimbabwe agenda against England.

I see the Daily Mail has arrived.

Every Celt I have met wants to stick it up England over every other team.

:? Don't we too? Losing to the Saffers/Ozzies/French is one thing but losing to the Poms is intolerable. "Pricks to lose to" and all that. :P

Oh hell yes. But are not part of the UK.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2018 11:11 pm 

There is a double standard at play.

Us English will support the Celts (excluding Ireland but not NI/Ulster) in both rugby and football as long as they aren't playing against us, yet the same Celts always want us to lose (except NI in football I've found).

They're having their English cake and eating it.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2018 11:14 pm 

englishchief wrote:

Us English will support the Celts (excluding Ireland but not NI/Ulster) in both rugby and football as long as they aren't playing against us, yet the same Celts always want us to lose (except NI in football I've found).

:lol:

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2018 11:18 pm 

englishchief wrote:

Who cares who they support when we're playing - if it makes them happy. We've got more than enough supporters of our own to outnumber them all.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2018 11:23 pm 

ovalball wrote:
englishchief wrote:

Who cares who they support when we're playing - if it makes them happy. We've got more than enough supporters of our own to outnumber them all.

Plenty on here care it seems going by this thread.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2018 11:33 pm 

iarmhiman wrote:
ovalball wrote:
englishchief wrote:

Plenty on here care it seems going by this thread.

Can't see why. Posters supporting sides playing against us will have been disappointed 90% of the time in the last couple of years - they're not exactly getting much vicarious satisfaction from their anti English bias 8)

I quite like it.

Last edited by ovalball on Sat Mar 03, 2018 11:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2018 11:33 pm 

My biggest gripe about international sport is people like those louts who abused Eddie tend to get carried away with the political and nationalist angle. They have no respect for the game. Enjoy the sport without trying to infuse some political or historical animus into it.

Second, wtf are these morons doing bullying a 60 year old? What hapenned to respecting your elders?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2018 11:35 pm 

This is a fairly pointless argument. The crux of it is everyone thinks we're plum, and we think everyone else are plum.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2018 11:37 pm 

Smee wrote:
My biggest gripe about international sport is people like those louts who abused Eddie tend to get carried away with the political and nationalist angle. They have no respect for the game. Enjoy the sport without trying to infuse some political or historical animus into it.

Second, wtf are these morons doing bullying a 60 year old? What hapenned to respecting your elders?

It's because they are louts - all nations have them. Albeit you wouldn't expect it to happen 3 times, in separate occasions, on the same day.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2018 11:39 pm 

iarmhiman wrote:
Chips wrote:
iarmhiman wrote:
People from the south-east of England are similar to the Germans in terms of their privacy and how they deal with strangers. They're less likely to start a conversation in a pub with a stranger.

People from the north of England are remarkably like the Scots and Welsh in terms of openness and friendliness.

Let's be honest here, you're basing your judgement on the 'South-East' on a tube journey in London.

Oh come on...it's well known that people from the South East, are not comfortable conversing with strangers.

For about 2 years I was over and back to Reading as our UK office is there. Pubs there were soulless.

Maybe my expectations were high after being in Manchester but much easier to chat with strangers up north.

That's absolute rubbish. You won't get much chat on the tube to work, but at any other time it's easy to chat, especially in a social setting.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2018 11:40 pm 

I don't feel sorry for him. He really should keep his mouth shut if he doesn't want any abuse.

To every action.........

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2018 11:43 pm 

eldanielfire wrote:
iarmhiman wrote:
Chips wrote:
iarmhiman wrote:
People from the south-east of England are similar to the Germans in terms of their privacy and how they deal with strangers. They're less likely to start a conversation in a pub with a stranger.

People from the north of England are remarkably like the Scots and Welsh in terms of openness and friendliness.

Let's be honest here, you're basing your judgement on the 'South-East' on a tube journey in London.

Oh come on...it's well known that people from the South East, are not comfortable conversing with strangers.

For about 2 years I was over and back to Reading as our UK office is there. Pubs there were soulless.

Maybe my expectations were high after being in Manchester but much easier to chat with strangers up north.

That's absolute rubbish. You won't get much chat on the tube to work, but at any other time it's easy to chat, especially in a social setting.

I suppose it depends on your perception of normality. Where I come from chatting to strangers randomly is very normal. I've seen the same in Manchester and Sheffield.

I find the South-Easterners more similar to the Germans. Have a large personal space and struggle with small talk.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2018 11:44 pm 

iarmhiman wrote:
I don't feel sorry for him. He really should keep his mouth shut if he doesn't want any abuse.

To every action.........

You may have mentioned this before............

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2018 11:45 pm 

ovalball wrote:
iarmhiman wrote:

To every action.........

You may have mentioned this before............

:nod:

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2018 11:47 pm 

iarmhiman wrote:

To every action.........

You approve of 60 year old men being attacked in public, you sick f uck.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2018 11:47 pm 

iarmhiman wrote:

I suppose it depends on your perception of normality. Where I come from chatting to strangers randomly is very normal. I've seen the same in Manchester and Sheffield.

I find the South-Easterners more similar to the Germans. Have a large personal space and struggle with small talk.

As someone who's lived near Reading and in Sheffield, I'd say you're largely talking a load of anecdotal bollocks. As most broad generalisations are

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2018 11:48 pm 

bimboman wrote:
iarmhiman wrote:

To every action.........

:lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2018 11:50 pm 

bimboman wrote:
iarmhiman wrote:

To every action.........

Don't bite - it's a line he's used before to stir the pot. He doesn't believe it for one moment.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2018 11:51 pm 

Margin_Walker wrote:
iarmhiman wrote:

As someone who's lived near Reading and in Sheffield, I'd say you're largely talking a load of anecdotal bollocks. As most broad generalisations are

Depending on your view he's the luckiest or unluckiest of posters, they're is barely a stereotype (in the UK obvs) that hasn't happened to him or his friends and family.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2018 11:52 pm 

ovalball wrote:
bimboman wrote:
iarmhiman wrote:

To every action.........

Don't bite - it's a line he's used before to stir the pot. He doesn't believe it for one moment.

His comments on Sexton two years ago were below the belt though. For that he has no moral high ground.

Being man handled by yobs. Not cool mind.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2018 11:53 pm 

bimboman wrote:
Margin_Walker wrote:
iarmhiman wrote:

Depending on your view he's the luckiest or unluckiest of posters, they're is barely a stereotype (in the UK obvs) that hasn't happened to him or his friends and family.

You're a classic south easterner. All aggro on a PR forum. Probably as quiet as a mouse in a public house.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2018 11:59 pm 

Keith wrote:
This is a fairly pointless argument. The crux of it is everyone thinks we're plum, and we think everyone else are plum.

Yeah, be we know they're wrong and we're right.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 12:00 am 

So, is the poster from Westmeath worse at false sweeping generalisations (bordering on xenophobia) or weather forecasting?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 12:00 am 

Chips wrote:
Keith wrote:

Yeah, be we know they're wrong and we're right.

English arrogance.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 12:01 am 

Keith wrote:
So, is the poster from Westmeath worse at false sweeping generalisations (bordering on xenophobia) or weather forecasting?

I got my weather forecasting spot on.

And there's the answer, equally shit at both :lol:

Last edited by Keith on Sun Mar 04, 2018 12:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

Why hasn't the thread title been changed to 'Aussie c*nt takes the train'?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 12:03 am 

Keith wrote:

I called the weather perfectly. We got record falls of snow and it started thawing today as predicted. :smug:

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 12:05 am 

iarmhiman wrote:
Keith wrote:

I called the weather perfectly. We got record falls of snow and it started thawing today as predicted. :smug:

And on the lazy xenophobic stereotypes?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 12:08 am 

Keith wrote:
iarmhiman wrote:
Keith wrote:

From the country that invented lazy derogatory names like Jock, Taff, Mick/Paddy you can fudge off. :thumbup:

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 12:09 am 

iarmhiman wrote:
Keith wrote:
iarmhiman wrote:
Keith wrote:

From the country that invented lazy derogatory names like Jock, Taff, Mick/Paddy you can fudge off. :thumbup:

Nice deflection. It's not an answer, though.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 12:13 am 

Keith wrote:
iarmhiman wrote:
Keith wrote:
iarmhiman wrote:
Keith wrote:

Nice deflection. It's not an answer, though.

Deal with it. You're well able to dish them out.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 12:15 am 

No answer, gotcha.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 662 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next