Chat Forum
It is currently Sun Oct 21, 2018 6:01 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 674 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next
PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2018 11:59 pm 

Keith wrote:
This is a fairly pointless argument. The crux of it is everyone thinks we're plum, and we think everyone else are plum.

Yeah, be we know they're wrong and we're right.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 12:00 am 

So, is the poster from Westmeath worse at false sweeping generalisations (bordering on xenophobia) or weather forecasting?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 12:00 am 

Chips wrote:
Keith wrote:
This is a fairly pointless argument. The crux of it is everyone thinks we're plum, and we think everyone else are plum.

Yeah, be we know they're wrong and we're right.

English arrogance.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 12:01 am 

Keith wrote:
So, is the poster from Westmeath worse at false sweeping generalisations (bordering on xenophobia) or weather forecasting?

I got my weather forecasting spot on.

And there's the answer, equally shit at both :lol:

Last edited by Keith on Sun Mar 04, 2018 12:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

Why hasn't the thread title been changed to 'Aussie c*nt takes the train'?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 12:03 am 

Keith wrote:

I called the weather perfectly. We got record falls of snow and it started thawing today as predicted. :smug:

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 12:05 am 

iarmhiman wrote:
Keith wrote:

I called the weather perfectly. We got record falls of snow and it started thawing today as predicted. :smug:

And on the lazy xenophobic stereotypes?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 12:08 am 

Keith wrote:
iarmhiman wrote:
Keith wrote:

From the country that invented lazy derogatory names like Jock, Taff, Mick/Paddy you can fudge off. :thumbup:

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 12:09 am 

iarmhiman wrote:
Keith wrote:
iarmhiman wrote:
Keith wrote:

From the country that invented lazy derogatory names like Jock, Taff, Mick/Paddy you can fudge off. :thumbup:

Nice deflection. It's not an answer, though.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 12:13 am 

Keith wrote:
iarmhiman wrote:
Keith wrote:
iarmhiman wrote:
Keith wrote:

Nice deflection. It's not an answer, though.

Deal with it. You're well able to dish them out.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 12:15 am 

No answer, gotcha.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 12:17 am 

Keith wrote:
No answer, gotcha.

He's a stupid bigot..... You'll get no sense from him.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 12:18 am 

No one has devalued that word more than Bimbo. It loses its effect more everyday.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 12:18 am 

iarmhiman wrote:
Keith wrote:
iarmhiman wrote:
Keith wrote:

True - names that must really cut to the bone :roll:

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 12:19 am 

ovalball wrote:
iarmhiman wrote:
Keith wrote:
iarmhiman wrote:
Keith wrote:

The word Paddy is very offensive I'll have you know when used to refer to a nation of people. Just because you think it's great fun though.....

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 12:21 am 

Hardly worth arguing the toss about bigotry and hatred of the English with an Irish nationalist with links to the RA is it fellas?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 12:22 am 

Chips wrote:
Hardly worth arguing the toss about bigotry and hatred of the English with an Irish nationalist with links to the RA is it fellas?

Lovely spin on that. Not going to explain it again.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 12:24 am 

iarmhiman wrote:
ovalball wrote:

The word Paddy is very offensive I'll have you know. Just because you think it's great fun.

I used to have an Irish boss - introduced himself as Paddy, signed all his correspondence as 'Paddy' - didn't seem in the least offended.

Personally, I don't use such names unless the person uses them 1st. Neither do I think it's fun, or otherwise.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 12:25 am 

iarmhiman wrote:
Chips wrote:

No spin at all. You are an IRA supporter - you've said you are.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 12:26 am 

ovalball wrote:
iarmhiman wrote:
ovalball wrote:

The word Paddy is very offensive I'll have you know. Just because you think it's great fun.

I used to have an Irish boss - introduced himself as Paddy, signed all his correspondence as 'Paddy' - didn't seem in the least offended.

Personally, I don't use such names unless the person uses them 1st. Neither do I think it's fun, or otherwise.

There is a big difference me calling myself Paddy short for Patrick ( if that was my name) and you referring me as "a Paddy" ie an Irishman

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 12:28 am 

Bimbo, togs and keith - what a bunch of anti-racist heroes we see assembled :lol:

iarmhiman wrote:
ovalball wrote:
iarmhiman wrote:
ovalball wrote:

There is a big difference me calling myself Paddy short for Patrick ( if that was my name) and you referring me as "a Paddy" ie an Irishman

Have I ever done so ?

iarmhiman wrote:
ovalball wrote:
iarmhiman wrote:
ovalball wrote:

But I bet if you were, for example, in Australia and a tour guide on the fun bus said - "Any Paddies on board?" you'd have your arm up like a shot.

Chips wrote:
iarmhiman wrote:
Chips wrote:

No spin at all. You are an IRA supporter - you've said you are.

No I didn't. I said my grandfather was in the IRA 1920s in the war of independence and I was proud of them. That IRA became the current Irish army.

I said the IRA of the troubles ( the one you are thinking of) were thugs.

Go and find the post if you like.

iarmhiman wrote:
The original IRA of the 1920s my grand father fought in were true freedom fighters.

Provisional IRA of the troubles were thugs.

There's the quote Toga you big liar.

Your comment would make one believe I supported those murdering plum during the troubles.

Last edited by iarmhiman on Sun Mar 04, 2018 12:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 12:29 am 

Chips wrote:
iarmhiman wrote:
ovalball wrote:
iarmhiman wrote:
ovalball wrote:

But I bet if you were, for example, in Australia and a tour guide on the fun bus said - "Any Paddies on board?" you'd have your arm up like a shot.

We would think he was a plum.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 12:30 am 

ovalball wrote:
iarmhiman wrote:
ovalball wrote:
iarmhiman wrote:
ovalball wrote:

Have I ever done so ?

I meant one not you.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 12:33 am 

iarmhiman wrote:
Keith wrote:
iarmhiman wrote:
Keith wrote:

Did they invent that though? All privates in my regiment were known, informally, as jocks.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 12:37 am 

Welsh call English Saes. That could mean plum for all I know in Welsh but the English just get on with it.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 12:38 am 

OptimisticJock wrote:
iarmhiman wrote:
Keith wrote:
iarmhiman wrote:
Keith wrote:

Did they invent that though? All privates in my regiment were known, informally, as jocks.

They?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 12:41 am 

Chips wrote:
Welsh call English Saes. That could mean plum for all I know in Welsh but the English just get on with it.

Like you're getting on with my stereotype of south easterners . like you're getting on with Eddie having reaped what he sowed.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 12:46 am 

Chips wrote:

It just means English, a shortened version of Saeson. There’s no conspiracy here, no different from you calling the French French. Where does your Taffy word come from?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 12:49 am 

Plato'sCave wrote:
Chips wrote:

It just means English, a shortened version of Saeson. There’s no conspiracy here, no different from you calling the French French. Where does your Taffy word come from?

River Taff I imagine though it might derive from plum.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 12:50 am 

iarmhiman wrote:
Chips wrote:

Like you're getting on with my stereotype of south easterners . like you're getting on with Eddie having reaped what he sowed.

Do you understand logical fallacies?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 12:52 am 

Chips wrote:
iarmhiman wrote:
Chips wrote:

:yawn:

By the way found that quote above. At least the rest on here will see that damaging accusation for what it was.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 12:53 am 

Chips wrote:
Plato'sCave wrote:
Chips wrote:

River Taff I imagine though it might derive from plum.

Not exactly charming

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 12:54 am 

Gavin Duffy wrote:
They?

iarmhiman wrote:
From the country that invented lazy derogatory names

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 12:56 am 

OptimisticJock wrote:
Gavin Duffy wrote:
They?

iarmhiman wrote:
From the country that invented lazy derogatory names

From Wikipedia.

Quote:
Jock, jocky, jockie
(UK) a Scottish person, Scots language nickname for the personal name John, cognate to the English, Jack. Occasionally used as an insult,[171] but also in respectful reference to elite Scottish, particularly Highland troops, e.g. the 9th (Scottish) Division. Same vein as the English insult for the French, as Frogs. In Ian Rankin's detective novel Tooth and Nail the protagonist - a Scottish detective loaned to the London police - suffers from prejudice by English colleagues who frequently use "Jock" and "Jockland" (Scotland) as terms of insult; the book was based on the author's own experience as a Scot living in London.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 12:57 am 

iarmhiman wrote:
Chips wrote:
iarmhiman wrote:
Chips wrote:

By the way found that quote above. At least the rest on here will see that damaging accusation for what it was.

I stand by the accusation based on what I've read of your output, and even from that very small sample, it's clear you harbour bigoted and often sinister opinions about the English.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 1:00 am 

Chips wrote:
iarmhiman wrote:
Chips wrote:
iarmhiman wrote:
Chips wrote:

I stand by the accusation based on what I've read of your output, and even from that very small sample, it's clear you harbour bigoted and often sinister opinions about the English.

Bear in mind most non Irish people are not versed in Irish history so saying something like "IRA supporter" would lead them to think I was supporting the terrorists from the 1970s to 1990s .

That was your intention though.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 674 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next