Chat Forum
It is currently Thu Dec 13, 2018 8:20 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2995 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 ... 75  Next
PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 2:44 am 

guy smiley wrote:
Titus O'Reily...

Quote:
probably my favourite sport at the moment is the rodeo that is David Warner trying to ride a high horse

:lol:

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 3:12 am 

Thomas wrote:

You cut me deep.

Also I suspect that is why St David was calling him a sook. Only in St Davids case the microphone and camera were on.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 7:46 am 

Thomas wrote:
odd144 wrote:
Poor innocent Davey, shame on you bully boy Sef Africans, FOR SHAME!

Quote:
Outright disgusting': Warner slams South African for wife sledge
http://www.watoday.com.au/sport/cricket ... 4z3cc.html

Saint Warner of Bogan. He has a point though.

Quote:
“I think you guys are well aware that I cop it left, right and centre, especially off the field from spectators. I am used to that and it doesn’t bother me," Warner said.

"But in the proximity of my personal space and behind me, a comment that was vile and disgusting and about my wife and just in general about a lady, was quite poor I felt. My emotional response, you saw, was just (to) something that I don’t believe should have been said. And as I said, I will always stick up for my family. And in that case, my teammates as well.

"I’ve always felt that when it comes to family or racism comments or anything like that, that’s just a no-go zone. I’ve been called everything under the sun out the field and that, quite frankly, doesn’t bother me"

A lady? :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 7:51 am 

Location: End of the road, turn right and first house on the left
Bindi wrote:
Enzedder wrote:
Perhaps Warner's Captain needs some attention from the ICC officials about his lack of action - shall we say condoning - of it.

fudge me you go on.

I have a point to make - so I make it.

Couldn't give a shit if it contradicts your point of view but I note to take the typical Aussie stance in disagreeing. :roll:

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 7:57 am 

handyman wrote:
Thomas wrote:
odd144 wrote:
Poor innocent Davey, shame on you bully boy Sef Africans, FOR SHAME!

Quote:
Outright disgusting': Warner slams South African for wife sledge
http://www.watoday.com.au/sport/cricket ... 4z3cc.html

Saint Warner of Bogan. He has a point though.

Quote:
“I think you guys are well aware that I cop it left, right and centre, especially off the field from spectators. I am used to that and it doesn’t bother me," Warner said.

"But in the proximity of my personal space and behind me, a comment that was vile and disgusting and about my wife and just in general about a lady, was quite poor I felt. My emotional response, you saw, was just (to) something that I don’t believe should have been said. And as I said, I will always stick up for my family. And in that case, my teammates as well.

"I’ve always felt that when it comes to family or racism comments or anything like that, that’s just a no-go zone. I’ve been called everything under the sun out the field and that, quite frankly, doesn’t bother me"

A lady? :lol:

:|

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 8:00 am 

Location: End of the road, turn right and first house on the left
ovalball wrote:
saffer13 wrote:
sorCrer wrote:
Here's what kicked it off.

https://youtu.be/Xqy4SZ6BIJA

So much for "leaving it out on the field" What a plum :thumbdown:

Puts the lie to Smith's utterings on the subject - he needs to get control of his players.

Careful Ovals - you'll get Bindi attacking you too. :P

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 8:11 am 

argus wrote:
saffer13 wrote:
Thomas wrote:
saffer13 wrote:
That "two to tango" comment is a bit silly at times. You can resist all you want but there comes a time when the bully just needs to be throat punched.

So you're saying Warner should have punched De Sook?

Interesting.

Yes, Warner's the victim here, I forgot :lol:

Still over reaction by QDK

got called a "sook" (wtf is a sook?) and he had a go at the guys wife

Whoa there Tiger. It was SBW who had a go at Warner's wife. QDK only reminded him of it.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 8:13 am 

Rinkals wrote:
Thomas wrote:
Rinkals wrote:
ovalball wrote:
Tribunal have been pretty smart with Warner - find him guilty but put him on 3 points, 1 away from a ban - the points stay with him for 24 months - so he'll have to rein in his behaviour for a long time.

And you can be sure that his opponents will make hay while he's got his hands tied - there'll be plenty of baiting going on, trying to get another little meltdown out of him. No doubt the SA crowds might have a word or two for him as well.

De Kock has gone down the Not Guilty route - expect plenty of Aussie outrage if he's successful.

I don't think South African crowds are quite as aggressive as Australian crowds are.

And I don't think the Saffer players are quite as effective verbally, either, so I suspect the ICC action does little more than let Warner off the hook. All he needs to do is make sure that any verbals are out of range of the stump mikes for a year or two and he'll be all right. I doubt either of these umpires will take any action that might result in a ban for him.

What crowds?

Good point.

However, Newlands, Wanderers and St Georges will be far better supported.

...with cameras

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 8:16 am 

handyman wrote:
Rinkals wrote:
ovalball wrote:
Rinkals wrote:
ovalball wrote:
Tribunal have been pretty smart with Warner - find him guilty but put him on 3 points, 1 away from a ban - the points stay with him for 24 months - so he'll have to rein in his behaviour for a long time.

And you can be sure that his opponents will make hay while he's got his hands tied - there'll be plenty of baiting going on, trying to get another little meltdown out of him. No doubt the SA crowds might have a word or two for him as well.

De Kock has gone down the Not Guilty route - expect plenty of Aussie outrage if he's successful.

I don't think South African crowds are quite as aggressive as Australian crowds are.

And I don't think the Saffer players are quite as effective verbally, either, so I suspect the ICC action does little more than let Warner off the hook. All he needs to do is make sure that any verbals are out of range of the stump mikes for a year or two and he'll be all right. I doubt either of these umpires will take any action that might result in a ban for him.

Very hard to sledge the batsman out of range of the stump mikes.

And, it doesn't seem to require much to wind him up.

I see South Africa have three players facing bans: Rabada, du Plessis and de Kock, while Australia only have Warner, so your suggestion that the ICC have allowed open season on Warner doesn't really scan.

I'm a little surprised that Ian Chappel has waded in as he hasn't shown any inclination to be over fond of South Africans in the past.

http://www.espncricinfo.com/story/_/id/22674045/smith-lehmann-culpable-warner-episode-chappell

Even ex-players from Aus are blaming Smith, Warner and Lehman :lol:

But no, some posters still think De Kock's to blame.

No but we dont think he's blameless nor the Saffa set up. Only the Kiwis are setting exemplarary levels in sportsmanship and grace no other team can even begin to match.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 8:17 am 

Sook.

Quote:
a person lacking spirit or self-confidence.
a hand-reared calf.

Bloody good sledge, I must admit ...

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 8:25 am 

Interesting that South Africa have three players on a suspension and David Warner is the only Aussie.

Quote:
Throughout its colourful and rich history, Australian cricket has offered us some of the game's most magnificent qualities: competitiveness, daring, energy, positivity. For the better part of the last two decades, they were the gold standard for the game. Yet, slowly, during the same period, so many major series featuring the Aussies has begun to produce an overheated, eventually absurd subplot. In which they usually claim to be the victims, while often being deliberate, and even skillful agent provocateurs.

http://www.espncricinfo.com/story/_/id/22684273/curious-case-australian-line-control

The fact that Warner accuses de Kock of being a "fucking sook" indicates that de Kock had tried to get the umpires to moderate the Aussie sledging, which they had declined to do. If the ICC are serious about stamping out this kind of incident, they have to be a lot less tolerant of Aussie transgressions on this sort of thing and apply the same standards as are applied to other teams that aren't tier one.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 8:27 am 

N
Quote:
o but we dont think he's blameless nor the Saffa set up. Only the Kiwis are setting exemplarary levels in sportsmanship and grace no other team can even begin to match.

Are they now the spiritual guardians of cricket ? :?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 8:29 am 

Chilli wrote:
N
Quote:
o but we dont think he's blameless nor the Saffa set up. Only the Kiwis are setting exemplarary levels in sportsmanship and grace no other team can even begin to match.

I think that should be India ..

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 8:30 am 

Rinkals wrote:
Interesting that South Africa have three players on a suspension and David Warner is the only Aussie.

Quote:
Throughout its colourful and rich history, Australian cricket has offered us some of the game's most magnificent qualities: competitiveness, daring, energy, positivity. For the better part of the last two decades, they were the gold standard for the game. Yet, slowly, during the same period, so many major series featuring the Aussies has begun to produce an overheated, eventually absurd subplot. In which they usually claim to be the victims, while often being deliberate, and even skillful agent provocateurs.

http://www.espncricinfo.com/story/_/id/22684273/curious-case-australian-line-control

The fact that Warner accuses de Kock of being a "fucking sook" indicates that de Kock had tried to get the umpires to moderate the Aussie sledging, which they had declined to do. If the ICC are serious about stamping out this kind of incident, they have to be a lot less tolerant of Aussie transgressions on this sort of thing and apply the same standards as are applied to other teams that aren't tier one.

Or they just think he's low on confidence following his run of low scores vs India.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 8:31 am 

Wilson's Toffee wrote:
Chilli wrote:
N
Quote:

I think that should be India ..

No, they are just cvnts.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 8:40 am 

Quote:

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 8:41 am 

Rinkals wrote:

Quote:

Errm possibly not.

Allow me to elaborate:

Aussie cricketer: "Why are you such a sook De Kock"
Aussie cricketers:"snigger"
Aussie cricketer:"Oi. De Kock, why are you such a sook De Kock?"
Aussie cricketer:"I may have also fvcked your dog/sister/mother you fvcking spastic you have no right being in this side you fvcking spastic"*

About 2 hours later of constant sniggering, the player fires back: "Could SBW borrow your box again?"

Aussie cricketer:"I will fvcking cut you if you mention my family you fvcking cvnt"
Aussie cricketer:"Hold me back I am a fvcking tiger and will smash this cvnt"

Aussie cricketer:'There is a line, we decide where it starts and ends, so don't you fvcking dare cross it"

For the non Australian's on here do you think that about covers it?

*Possibly never said, but in fairness it can't be ruled out.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 8:51 am 

Clogs wrote:
Rinkals wrote:

Quote:

Errm possibly not.

Allow me to elaborate:

Aussie cricketer:"I may have also fvcked your dog/sister/mother you fvcking spastic you have no right being in this side you fvcking spastic"*

About 2 hours later of constant sniggering, the player fires back: "Could SBW borrow your box again?"

Aussie cricketer:"I will fvcking cut you if you mention my family you fvcking cvnt"

Aussie cricketer:'There is a line, we decide where it starts and ends, so don't you fvcking dare cross it"

:lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 9:04 am 

The thing thatgets me is that The Aussie team is comprised of some of the most outrageously talented players, they are streets ahead of most teams they play. So much so that I don't think they even need to indulge in the mindgames. The hypocrisy of spouting on about the spirit of cricket then behaving as they do is so unabashed in it's hypocrisy the only analogy I could imagine would be the co presenter of the best actress award at the oscars standing behind the actress presenting the award speaking about metoo and times up, while he stands close behind nodding sagely, all the while rubbing himself up against her arse. They don't need to do it but dive in anyway, which indicates some sort of perverse pleasure at the offensive nature of their behaviour. Asking for the stump mike (a channel Naan innovation BTW) to be turned down then acting like spoiled children when it wasn't until it eventually was so they could go on their merry way. Symptomatic of their nation at large. Needlessly, but self indulgently twattish.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 9:07 am 

Clogs wrote:
Rinkals wrote:

Quote:

Errm possibly not.

Allow me to elaborate:

:lol:
:thumbup:

Reckon you've got the drift ....

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 9:30 am 

blackblackblack wrote:
The thing thatgets me is that The Aussie team is comprised of some of the most outrageously talented players, they are streets ahead of most teams they play. So much so that I don't think they even need to indulge in the mindgames. The hypocrisy of spouting on about the spirit of cricket then behaving as they do is so unabashed in it's hypocrisy the only analogy I could imagine would be the co presenter of the best actress award at the oscars standing behind the actress presenting the award speaking about metoo and times up, while he stands close behind nodding sagely, all the while rubbing himself up against her arse. They don't need to do it but dive in anyway, which indicates some sort of perverse pleasure at the offensive nature of their behaviour. Asking for the stump mike (a channel Naan innovation BTW) to be turned down then acting like spoiled children when it wasn't until it eventually was so they could go on their merry way. Symptomatic of their nation at large. Needlessly, but self indulgently twattish.

They got beaten last year in a three test series.

Just sayin'...

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 9:32 am 

Wilson's Toffee wrote:
Sook.

Quote:
a hand-reared calf.

Crybaby.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 9:41 am 

SecretAgentMan wrote:
Wilson's Toffee wrote:
Sook.

Quote:
a hand-reared calf.

Crybaby.

The return carried dividends ...

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 10:41 am 

I trust that the Protea's will get their retaliation in first at the start of the next test.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 10:45 am 

Chilli wrote:
I trust that the Protea's will get their retaliation in first at the start of the next test.

Indeed.

I'm looking forward to a pretty spicy confrontation.

Brian Mcmillan, that well-known wimp, wades in:

Quote:
McMillan, who was involved in several “verbals” with the Australians during his playing days, believes Warner was looking for trouble.

“It’s an old trick of his - to say sniping and personal things - but when it comes back his way he loses his temper,” McMillan told Netwerk24.

“It just shows that he can’t take what he dishes out. Typical short man syndrome. He needs to grow up,” McMillan continued, referring to the fact that Warner is just 1.7m tall.

The Australian camp denied that Warner had said anything personal towards De Kock, but McMillan implied that they were lying.

“Anyone who believes he (Warner) and the Aussies did not say anything of a personal nature must be very naive...”

McMillan also spoke to Sport24 earlier this week when he urged the Proteas to rather focus on their cricket ahead of Friday’s second Test in Port Elizabeth.

“Sometimes it is best to ignore certain players on the field. There will be some sledging again in Port Elizabeth (the second Test, from Friday) but we must try to let our performance there shut their mouths. Beating them usually works, but if it goes the other way again ... well, they’re all over you," McMillan said.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 11:08 am 

It's pretty sad and childish that an incident like this makes it off the field, and is now basically overshadowing the tour. Especially a Aussie tour to SA, which we should be grateful to have four tests played here in SA. A few years back players would sledge each other to pieces, and have a beer afterwards. Shameful from both captains. Both captains should have condemned their players behaviors and just have made Quinny and Warner apologize to each other.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 11:14 am 

Listen, and understand. David Warner is out there. It can’t be bargained with. It can’t be reasoned with. It doesn’t feel pity, or remorse, or fear. And it absolutely will not stop, ever, until you are dead.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 11:42 am 

Funny thing is we all say it’s poor behaviour superficially but deep down love that the aussies are involved in yet another scuffle to compliment our deep seated opinion that the Aussie are the nasty enemies when it comes to cricket ..does make for great banter at least

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 12:30 pm 

I don’t mind Little Davey at all.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 12:35 pm 

blackblackblack wrote:

“Symptomatic of their nation at large.”
Mmmm.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 12:36 pm 

Full marks to de Kock. :thumbup: Now he must produce with the bat.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 1:24 pm 

OomPB wrote:

I must admit, I wouldn't make a comment to Warner about his wife and SBW, so he's got balls, I'll give him that.

By all accounts, de Kock is quite an amiable character, a lot more likely to be talking himself down than picking fights with anybody, so one has to assume that he was seriously rattled by whatever Warner said about his mother and his sister. I've met his sister and she's a lot larger than he is, I can tell you. A lot larger than Davie Warner is, too.

Having said that, this little fracas apparently occurred at the tea interval and de Kock was still unbeaten at stumps, so it may have been what he needed to motivate himself out of his form slump.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 1:53 pm 

Rinkals wrote:
OomPB wrote:

I must admit, I wouldn't make a comment to Warner about his wife and SBW, so he's got balls, I'll give him that.

By all accounts, de Kock is quite an amiable character, a lot more likely to be talking himself down than picking fights with anybody, so one has to assume that he was seriously rattled by whatever Warner said about his mother and his sister. I've met his sister and she's a lot larger than he is, I can tell you. A lot larger than Davie Warner is, too.

Having said that, this little fracas apparently occurred at the tea interval and de Kock was still unbeaten at stumps, so it may have been what he needed to motivate himself out of his form slump.

Why, do you have weak ankles?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 1:55 pm 

Rinkals wrote:
OomPB wrote:

De Kock is no "sook", then. Good.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 2:16 pm 

Thomas wrote:
Quote:

What a fantastic victim card :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 2:17 pm 

houtkabouter wrote:
Rinkals wrote:
OomPB wrote:

Why, do you have weak ankles?

I'm a peacable, chap, Houts. I'm sure you've noticed. :nod:

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 2:22 pm 

My understanding of the exchange regarding Warner's use of the term "sook" is that de Kock was trying to get the umpires to intervene without success.

The term 'sook' is a mispronunciation of the word 'suck', as in someone who 'sucks up to' a person in authority. Basic kindergarten 101.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 2:25 pm 

Rinkals wrote:
My understanding of the exchange regarding Warner's use of the term "sook" is that de Kock was trying to get the umpires to intervene without success.

The term 'sook' is a mispronunciation of the word 'suck', as in someone who 'sucks up to' a person in authority. Basic kindergarten 101.

A 'sook' in Australia and NZ is a crybaby.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 2:28 pm 

guy smiley wrote:
Rinkals wrote:

A 'sook' in Australia and NZ is a crybaby.

Which supports my understanding of the exchange.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 2:30 pm 

Wilson's Toffee wrote:
Sook.

Quote:
a hand-reared calf.

FYI.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2995 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 ... 75  Next