Chat Forum
It is currently Thu Dec 13, 2018 11:20 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 90197 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1791, 1792, 1793, 1794, 1795, 1796, 1797 ... 2255  Next
PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 11:51 am 

100MileDad wrote:
Quote:
He was also coming for a State visit to the UK last year

He was, before it was pointed out to all concerned that there would probably be a hundred thousand hysterical lefties running around town and it wouldn't have looked good on anyone.

Hysterical? 99,900 of them would just be holding up signs calling him a cockwomble or variants of.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 11:56 am 

penguin wrote:
100MileDad wrote:
Quote:

He was, before it was pointed out to all concerned that there would probably be a hundred thousand hysterical lefties running around town and it wouldn't have looked good on anyone.

Hysterical? 99,900 of them would just be holding up signs calling him a cockwomble or variants of.

And what would happen if there was a counter protest? "Welcome to the UK, Mr President". You lot wouldn't be able to contain yourselves.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 11:59 am 

100MileDad wrote:
penguin wrote:
100MileDad wrote:
Quote:

And what would happen if there was a counter protest? "Welcome to the UK, Mr President". You lot wouldn't be able to contain yourselves.

Planets would collide. Worlds would shatter. Civilization would fall. :roll:

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 12:00 pm 

100MileDad wrote:
penguin wrote:
100MileDad wrote:
Quote:

I think I'd cope.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 12:09 pm 

100MileDad wrote:
penguin wrote:
100MileDad wrote:
Quote:

I'd find that fûcking hysterical. Go for it.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 12:18 pm 

100MileDad wrote:
penguin wrote:
100MileDad wrote:
Quote:

I suspect you'd be largely on your own.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 12:19 pm 

happyhooker wrote:
100MileDad wrote:
penguin wrote:
100MileDad wrote:
Quote:

With his mates from Stormfront :lol:
Spoiler: show

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 12:31 pm 

happyhooker wrote:
100MileDad wrote:
penguin wrote:
100MileDad wrote:
Quote:

What? welcoming the US president to the UK? How outrageous.

You people should listen to yourselves.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 12:37 pm 

Rinkals wrote:
100MileDad wrote:
penguin wrote:
100MileDad wrote:
Quote:

I suspect you'd be largely on your own.

What, in wanting a respectful state visit for Mr Trump, which he deserves for being the leader of the USA?

As with a lot things, you couldn't be more wrong.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 12:41 pm 

100MileDad wrote:

What, in wanting a respectful state visit for Mr Trump, which he deserves for being the leader of the USA?

He never apologized for retweeting Britain First and trolled the London mayor after a terrorist attack.

fudge him - he wasn't respectful to us.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 12:43 pm 

BokJock wrote:
100MileDad wrote:

He never apologized for retweeting Britain First and trolled the London mayor after a terrorist attack.

http://www.news.com.au/finance/work/lea ... 8edd0beeb9

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 12:44 pm 

100MileDad wrote:

The people of the United States could vote for a road side burger van, selling rancid roadkill as the top restaurant in their country...doesn't mean I have to want to eat there. He gets the amount of respect he deserves.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 12:45 pm 

penguin wrote:
100MileDad wrote:

The people of the United States could vote for a road side burger van, selling rancid roadkill as the top restaurant in their country...doesn't mean I have to want to eat there. He gets the amount of respect he deserves.

Again, you'll have to point out why you hate him so much other than being a misogynistic. I don't get it.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 12:46 pm 

BokJock wrote:
100MileDad wrote:

It's DAC, he was also retweeting Britain first...

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 12:48 pm 

100MileDad wrote:
BokJock wrote:
100MileDad wrote:

http://www.news.com.au/finance/work/lea ... 8edd0beeb9

watch the interview - he never ACTUALLY apologises, he just says he will....a bit of a pattern forming...

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 12:54 pm 

houtkabouter wrote:
BokJock wrote:
100MileDad wrote:

It's DAC, he was also retweeting Britain first...

Ah, here we go.........

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 12:56 pm 

100MileDad wrote:
penguin wrote:
100MileDad wrote:

Again, you'll have to point out why you hate him so much other than being a misogynistic. I don't get it.

Ok. If you like. Donald Trump's life has been a long entitled trip through racist and unethical business practices, failure at almost everything he has ever touched but with bragging about how great he is at the same time, and behaviour in his personal life that includes cheating on spouses and, according to Ivana Trump, rape. If this were a one off allegation then we might believe she was simply trying to sell copies of her book, but he has a list of sexual assault allegations against him, which is further backed up by his repugnant words that he 'grabs 'em by the pussy'.

He is using the already polarised atmosphere in the US for his own ends, sowing more division and hatred through anti muslim, anti immigrant, anti science, ante bellum views and antagonistic, petty bitching beneath the office which he has stumbled into accidentally, as a project to boost his profile. He does not stand for anything, he has no redeeming virtues or vices. He is a terrible, terrible person on almost any level which you care to examine him.

Apart from that he is great.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 12:59 pm 

Quote:
Ok. If you like. Donald Trump's life has been a long entitled trip through racist and unethical business practices, failure at almost everything he has ever touched but with bragging about how great he is at the same time, and behaviour in his personal life that includes cheating on spouses and, according to Ivana Trump, rape. If this were a one off allegation then we might believe she was simply trying to sell copies of her book, but he has a list of sexual assault allegations against him, which is further backed up by his repugnant words that he 'grabs 'em by the pussy'.

He is using the already polarised atmosphere in the US for his own ends, sowing more division and hatred through anti muslim, anti immigrant, anti science, ante bellum views and antagonistic, petty bitching beneath the office which he has stumbled into accidentally, as a project to boost his profile. He does not stand for anything, he has no redeeming virtues or vices. He is a terrible, terrible person on almost any level which you care to examine him.

.....and he still beat Hiliary. :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 12:59 pm 

100MileDad wrote:
So Trump is meeting Kim, by May. How are our bored sufferers of Trump Disorder reacting to the news?

It's interesting. I don't see what it's going to achieve though, I'm not sure the North Koreans are acting in good faith. Unless Kim rolls out the red carpet and Trump ends up completely infatuated with him, as Xi Jinping successfully achieved. It's already a success for the North Koreans because they've faced Trump down from "talks are useless" to "I'm happy to meet him", and undoubtedly there'll be some form of sanction relief to go along with this. There won't be denuclearization though.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 1:03 pm 

Bullettyme wrote:
100MileDad wrote:
So Trump is meeting Kim, by May. How are our bored sufferers of Trump Disorder reacting to the news?

It's interesting. I don't see what it's going to achieve though, I'm not sure the North Koreans are acting in good faith. Unless Kim rolls out the red carpet and Trump ends up completely infatuated with him, as Xi Jinping successfully achieved. It's already a success for the North Koreans because they've faced Trump down from "talks are useless" to "I'm happy to meet him", and undoubtedly there'll be some form of sanction relief to go along with this. There won't be denuclearization though.

it's far more than the last 5 leaders of the USA accomplished though, yeah? They are actually going to talk. Probably.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 1:06 pm 

BokJock wrote:
100MileDad wrote:

Or for rubbishing the NHS.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 1:09 pm 

100MileDad wrote:
Bullettyme wrote:
100MileDad wrote:

it's far more than the last 5 leaders of the USA accomplished though, yeah? They are actually going to talk. Probably.

I'd say possibly at this stage. A lot can happen in two months, I mean nobody expected this on Monday, did they?

The last 5 leaders of the USA actually did talk to NK, just through diplomats rather than face to face. They also came up with lots of agreements which the North Koreans systematically undermined and broke. So forgive me my pessimism.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 1:10 pm 

Rinkals wrote:
BokJock wrote:
100MileDad wrote:

he said:

"because the NHS is "going broke and not working".

Is he wrong?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 1:12 pm 

Bullettyme wrote:
100MileDad wrote:
Bullettyme wrote:
100MileDad wrote:

I'd say possibly at this stage. A lot can happen in two months, I mean nobody expected this on Monday, did they?

The last 5 leaders of the USA actually did talk to NK, just through diplomats rather than face to face. They also came up with lots of agreements which the North Koreans systematically undermined and broke. So forgive me my pessimism.

You've every right to be pessimistic, a year from now Mr Trump could be awarded a Nobel Peace Prize.

How'd you like those apples?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 1:13 pm 

100MileDad wrote:
Bullettyme wrote:
100MileDad wrote:
Bullettyme wrote:
100MileDad wrote:

You've every right to be pessimistic, a year from now Mr Trump could be awarded a Nobel Peace Prize.

I'd say fair play to him?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 1:15 pm 

100MileDad wrote:

You seem determined to believe that anyone who is anti-Trump would be blind to anything good. If he genuinely gets North Korea to disarm, and create a peaceful status quo then he'll be praised for that.

Do good things, get praise. Do bad things, get criticism...it's not that hard.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 1:16 pm 

penguin wrote:
100MileDad wrote:

You seem determined to believe that anyone who is anti-Trump would be blind to anything good
. If he genuinely gets North Korea to disarm, and create a peaceful status quo then he'll be praised for that.

Sorry, I'm only basing that on 1700+ pages of hate.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 1:18 pm 

100MileDad wrote:
penguin wrote:
100MileDad wrote:

You seem determined to believe that anyone who is anti-Trump would be blind to anything good
. If he genuinely gets North Korea to disarm, and create a peaceful status quo then he'll be praised for that.

Well, we haven't been able to test the 'done something good' part of the equation yet.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 1:22 pm 

penguin wrote:
100MileDad wrote:
penguin wrote:
100MileDad wrote:

Well, we haven't been able to test the 'done something good' part of the equation yet.

That's because you've been hysterical.

I would suggest that Trump's first year as POTUS has been the most successful first year ever.

We can discuss the facts if you like?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 1:31 pm 

100MileDad wrote:
penguin wrote:
100MileDad wrote:
penguin wrote:
100MileDad wrote:

That's because you've been hysterical.

I would suggest that Trump's first year as POTUS has been the most successful first year ever.

We can discuss the facts if you like?

I am perfectly calm, I assure you. I don't know why you insist on imagining that people who disagree with you cannot just be rational debaters?

As for your facts, I'll be very surprised if you manage to bring anything new to the table. Don't you think that's what the entirety of this thread is?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 1:39 pm 

Quote:
I am perfectly calm, I assure you. I don't know why you insist on imagining that people who disagree with you cannot just be rational debaters

As for your facts, I'll be very surprised if you manage to bring anything new to the table. Don't you think that's what the entirety of this thread is?

I didn't mean you directly, I mean the collective.

He's brought in real tax cuts that are helping small businesses, stock market records, increased economic growth by over 3% for two quarters in a row, trade deals with China and Korea.....would you like me to carry on?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 1:44 pm 

100MileDad wrote:
Rinkals wrote:
BokJock wrote:
100MileDad wrote:

he said:

"because the NHS is "going broke and not working".

Is he wrong?

That is not the full tweet.

and believe someone who has not always had the NHS, it has worked and (with the imminent arrival of my 3rd child in an NHS hospital) continues to work for me and my wife.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 1:45 pm 

Quote:
That is not the full tweet.

and believe someone who has not always had the NHS, it has worked and (with the imminent arrival of my 3rd child in an NHS hospital) continues to work for me and my wife

Post the full tweet then.

I love the NHS and will defend it to the depth, doesn't change the fact Trump wasn't actually wrong, does it?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 1:46 pm 

100MileDad wrote:
Quote:
I am perfectly calm, I assure you. I don't know why you insist on imagining that people who disagree with you cannot just be rational debaters

I didn't mean you directly, I mean the collective.

He's brought in real tax cuts that are helping small businesses, stock market records, increased economic growth by over 3% for two quarters in a row, trade deals with China and Korea.....would you like me to carry on?

Same old, same old. You say tax cuts, to which I counter that the tax cuts will mainly go to the rich, will amount to very little for middle to lower income families in even the medium term, and that he is doubling down on the problems that already beset the american economy. Stock market records and current state of the economy are still largely Obama based (I will say that he has no doubt created more confidence, so partial credit...but it's still based on what came before).

Whatever you choose to believe he has succeeded on, it is because you want to believe it. The impact of the things he has forced through are yet to be realised. You believe these are good things, I don't. I think we're brewing to a second financial crash (which before you think I am putting that all on Trump - the foundations are still shaky from a decade ago - I just think his efforts are making it worse).

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 1:47 pm 

Quote:
it is because you want to believe it.

No, sorry, I believe them because they are facts.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 1:49 pm 

As for Obama's legacy, there are things I didn't mention which I could have given false credit for, like low unemployment levels.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 1:50 pm 

100MileDad wrote:
Quote:

He passed tax reform. Fact. The impact of the tax reform will be good. Opinion.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 1:52 pm 

There is a definite case for being the best first year of a Presidential term, ever.

I've said my bit here and have taken the piss out of the collective, poorly, with my Tredeau thread. Good day to you.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 1:52 pm 

100MileDad wrote:
Quote:

In sheer quantity, it might be hard to beat what he has done with regulations related to the environment

33 rules have been overturned:
Flood building standards
Proposed ban on a potentially harmful pesticide
Freeze on new coal leases on public lands
Methane reporting requirement
Anti-dumping rule for coal companies
Decision on Keystone XL pipeline
Decision on Dakota Access pipeline
Third-party settlement funds
Offshore drilling ban in the Atlantic and Arctic
Ban on seismic air gun testing in the Atlantic
Northern Bering Sea climate resilience plan
Royalty regulations for oil, gas and coal
Inclusion of greenhouse gas emissions in environmental reviews
Permit-issuing process for new infrastructure projects
Green Climate Fund contributions
Endangered species listings
Hunting ban on wolves and grizzly bears in Alaska
Protections for whales and sea turtles
Reusable water bottles rule for national parks
National parks climate order
Environmental mitigation for federal projects
Calculation for “social cost” of carbon
Planning rule for public lands
Copper filter cake listing as hazardous waste
Mine cleanup rule
Sewage treatment pollution regulations
Ban on use of lead ammunition on federal lands
Restrictions on fishing
Fracking regulations on public lands
Migratory bird protections
Department of Interior climate policies
Rule regulating industrial polluters
Safety standards for “high hazard” trains

24 rollbacks are in progress:
Clean Power Plan
Paris climate agreement
Car and truck fuel-efficiency standards
Offshore oil and gas leasing
Status of 10 national monuments
Status of 12 marine areas
Limits on toxic discharge from power plants
Coal ash discharge regulations
Emissions standards for new, modified and reconstructed power plants
Emissions rules for power plant start-up and shutdown
Sage grouse habitat protections
Regulations on oil and gas drilling in some national parks
Oil rig safety regulations
Regulations for offshore oil and gas exploration by floating vessels
Drilling in the Arctic Wildlife Refuge
Hunting method regulations in Alaska
Requirement for tracking emissions on federal highways
Emissions standards for trailers and glider kits
Limits on methane emissions on public lands
Permitting process for air-polluting plants
Use of birds in subsistence handicrafts
Coal dust rule
Haze rule for national parks
Review process for forest restoration projects

10 rollbacks are in limbo:
Wetland and tributary protections
Methane emission limits at new oil and gas wells
Limits on landfill emissions
Mercury emission limits for power plants
Hazardous chemical facility regulations
Groundwater protections for uranium mines
Efficiency standards for appliances
Efficiency standards for federal buildings
Rule helping consumers buy fuel-efficient tires
Aircraft emissions standards

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/201 ... ersed.html

Now if only the overwhelming majority were not directly damaging to the environment.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 1:55 pm 

Has anyone from the WH explained why the State Dept spokesman announced midday that there is nothing happening in terms of scheduling talks or talks about talks yet a SK spokesman in front of the WH the same evening announced talks and a possible meeting between the Orange Shitgibbon and Rocket Man?

Without a single word from the WH or the State Dept.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 90197 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1791, 1792, 1793, 1794, 1795, 1796, 1797 ... 2255  Next