Chat Forum
It is currently Sun Dec 15, 2019 5:44 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 408993 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8452, 8453, 8454, 8455, 8456, 8457, 8458 ... 10225  Next
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 1:30 pm 

Ferg was in very good form in the lead up to the 6N to be fair

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 1:30 pm 

To be fair to Folau, the specific exchange was

(question to Folau on twitter): "What was gods plan for gay people?"
his response: "HELL..Unless they repent of their sins and turn to God"

I'm pretty sure the 'official position' of many major religions is congruent with this.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homosexua ... d_religion

Unpalatable view or not, he is hardly an outlier here, and as it is clearly religiously motivated, sponsors (who are ultimately guided by perception, not morality) would be ware of opening an even bigger can of worms by publicly taking him to task.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 1:31 pm 

I mean he didn't have to capitalise HELL.

SASP wrote:
earl the beaver wrote:
I hear that Nucifora has blocked Ulster signing an NIQ 10 as he wants an IQ option developed.

FML.

Heard from who?

Unless there is someone really good and affordable available, the IQ option is probably the better option.

One of Carberry or Byrne will have to move you'd imagine.

SASP wrote:
earl the beaver wrote:
I hear that Nucifora has blocked Ulster signing an NIQ 10 as he wants an IQ option developed.

FML.

Heard from who?

Mate associated with the morkeshing side at Ulster.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 1:32 pm 

You "heard" Nucifora........

"Apparently" Logan voted against...............

Full on conspiracy theory at the moment. Both might turn out to be true in time but you are desperate for them to be - you want to moan and moan and moan about poor Ulster. Cop the fudge on and grow up.

Ulster Rugby - less whinging, more winning.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 1:33 pm 

Bullettyme wrote:
Conn wrote:
Have any Leinster and Munster boredies booked Bilbao yet?

Had a look at flights. Complete rip off at this stage, even to Santander. You'd probably be best flying to Madrid on Friday and bus/train up as soon as you arrive.

Yep. Booked in November. Looking like a good investment. Even then though flights and accommodation were mental. I'm flying via Madrid (other logic than rugby also applying), but we're staying in some town about 30 miles from Bilbao to get accommodation approaching remotely reasonable priced.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 1:33 pm 

Uncle Fester wrote:
CM11 wrote:
danthefan wrote:
CM11 wrote:
danthefan wrote:
JGP has actually been a good bit better this season. He started down in Thomond for example and played well. He'll have a proper team with a pack not phoning it in this weekend. Lowe missing out is the worst part of this imo. He scores and creates tries. McFadden just doesn't, as well as he's played this season.

Well, that's not actually true, McFadden was scoring and creating tries in the middle part of the season. He's not in as good form currently though.

But it's Nacewa (or Larmour) you need to compare Lowe with and that's a much more favourable comparison even if Lowe is a loss.

McFadden has scored twice this season and they were both in that Ulster game. So if that's what you mean by middle of the season then sure thing.

As for your second point. If Henshaw is available the wingers would either be Nacewa and Lowe or Nacewa and McFadden. So no, you need to compare Lowe and McFadden because it's that's the selection decision.

Edit, it's 2 tries and 2 assists vs 9 tries and 5 assists. Not actually true my arse :lol:

Sigh.

McFadden was making breaks, beating defenders and generally playing very well in attack in the middle part of the season which is why most felt he deserved to be in the Six Nations squad even if they wanted Larmour picked ahead of him.

I never said he was comparable to Lowe, just that he was in good attacking form.

In terms of comparing our backline v Saracens to the backline that has to start this weekend because of McGrath's injury then yes, it is Nacewa that gets compared, not McFadden. I imagine if McGrath makes it then Henshaw will bench.

What. The. Fück.

Who did you want ahead of him?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 1:34 pm 

earl the beaver wrote:
SASP wrote:
earl the beaver wrote:

FML.

Heard from who?

Mate associated with the morkeshing side at Ulster.

He probably talks to Nucifora all the time so.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 1:34 pm 

Stats I don't think anyone really wanted him in the 6N squad tbf.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 1:36 pm 

SASP wrote:
earl the beaver wrote:

FML.

Heard from who?

Probably the PSNI guy on F365

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 1:36 pm 

feckwanker wrote:

I don't think many did, but he was in good form. Weren't many available that you could pick ahead of him from memory?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 1:38 pm 

Boxcar Ira wrote:
feckwanker wrote:

I don't think many did, but he was in good form. Weren't many available that you could pick ahead of him from memory?

I think it was along the lines of "I could see why Joe might include him in the squad based on the last couple of months" rather than "I really hope he's included. I want to have his babies"

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 1:41 pm 

SASP wrote:
Armchair_Superstar wrote:
UAFC is an absolute lunatic fringe. It's also an echo chamber because nobody with more than 2 brain cells bothers to post there, which means there is nobody to tell any of them to wise up and they just work themselves into a lather.

Folau is entitled to believe in whatever imaginary sky person he chooses and publish what he believes. The fact that he thinks the imaginary sky person will send the gays to an imaginary purgatory is a bit unfortunate.

The whole PC movement is veering dangerously away from a respect for how people choose to live their own lives, towards an expectation that it should be possible to dictate how people live their lives and express their views.

Don't mean to be pedantic but purgatory is a Catholic concept. Folau is some variation of Pentecostal.

No worries, I'm wasn't up to speed, I now understand the difference between hell and purgatory. :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 1:42 pm 

Leinsterman wrote:
Boxcar Ira wrote:
feckwanker wrote:

I think it was along the lines of "I could see why Joe might include him in the squad based on the last couple of months" rather than "I really hope he's included. I want to have his babies"

Yeah he was an acceptable choice until his Italy cameo

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 1:43 pm 

feckwanker wrote:

Want is different to deserved.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 1:45 pm 

SASP wrote:
Don't mean to be pedantic but purgatory is a Catholic concept. Folau is some variation of Pentecostal.

No worries, I'm wasn't up to speed, I now understand the difference between hell and purgatory. :lol:

In purgatory you suffer until you've paid for your sins then you get into heaven. Hell has no escape clause. Other religions have their own version but its slightly different and has other names.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 1:46 pm 

SASP wrote:
earl the beaver wrote:

FML.

Heard from who?

Save some outrage for when it actually transpires. From my perspective i see his point but if i were Cunningham im looking long term and if it was Joey or Byrne i'd tell him to do one, we will work with our own guys. I dont mean that to sound as rebellious as it does. I just think we need to bring through our own guys were possible and not have young Ulster players that need gametime to progress sitting behind young leinster guys that need gametime to progress.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 1:46 pm 

feckwanker wrote:

Full on conspiracy theory at the moment. Both might turn out to be true in time but you are desperate for them to be - you want to moan and moan and moan about poor Ulster. Cop the fudge on and grow up.

Leinster haven't won much recently either.

Ulster should stick with Lowry/Curtis and then we've Houston starting for the Irish u19s.

Last edited by Willie Falloon on Tue Apr 17, 2018 1:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 1:47 pm 

Nice to see two women with differing opinions, voice them in a calm and logical way.

https://independent.ie/sport/rugby/ulst ... 15059.html

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 1:49 pm 

Willie Falloon wrote:
feckwanker wrote:

Leinster haven't won much recently either.

Ulster should stick with Lowry/Curtis and then we've Houston starting for the Irish u19s.

Not too much whinging on their behalf though....

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 1:51 pm 

feckwanker wrote:

D4 could help by not culling our players every year to be fair

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 1:54 pm 

SASP wrote:
SASP wrote:

In purgatory you suffer until you've paid for your sins then you get into heaven. Hell has no escape clause. Other religions have their own version but its slightly different and has other names.

So how do you end up in hell?
If you sinned then you go to purgatory to atone for these sins then go to heaven
Does that not make hell somewhat redundant?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 1:55 pm 

feckwanker wrote:

To be fair to Earl, the whole place leaks like a sieve at the minute, the organisation is in meltdown.

It would also make complete sense for Nucifora to dig the heels in about us having an IQ 10 because there is now no obvious backup to Sexton.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 1:57 pm 

If he did refuse the IQ ten we are looking at

Coetzee
Deysel
VDM (project)- i would hope to sweet fudge he is cancelled. i do believe he will be

we should be looking forward to at least two NIQS elsewhere.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 2:01 pm 

Winnie wrote:
SASP wrote:
SASP wrote:

So how do you end up in hell?
If you sinned then you go to purgatory to atone for these sins then go to heaven
Does that not make hell somewhat redundant?

There is levels to this game.
If you're a dick your whole life, hell. If you're a decent enough skin who has made mistakes you get the chance to repent.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 2:04 pm 

DiscoHips D'Arcy wrote:

Coetzee
Deysel
VDM (project)- i would hope to sweet fudge he is cancelled. i do believe he will be

Its Curtis time

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 2:05 pm 

feckwanker wrote:

Not really any conspiracy but rugby circles in Ulster are fairly small so things get out pretty easily

And anyway if you watched the Logan interview from yesterday it was obvious he wasn't wanting them about any more, any one could have told you that

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 2:06 pm 

DiscoHips D'Arcy wrote:

Coetzee
Deysel

We should be going for a monster loosehead and a second row if we can't get a 10

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 2:09 pm 

DiscoHips D'Arcy wrote:
SASP wrote:
earl the beaver wrote:

FML.

Heard from who?

Save some outrage for when it actually transpires. From my perspective i see his point but if i were Cunningham im looking long term and if it was Joey or Byrne i'd tell him to do one, we will work with our own guys. I dont mean that to sound as rebellious as it does. I just think we need to bring through our own guys were possible and not have young Ulster players that need gametime to progress sitting behind young leinster guys that need gametime to progress.

I kind-of agree about home-grown players and pride in the shirt but I think with 10s, unless they are mega-talented throwing them in early can do more harm than good.

The overall strategy that Bryn has outlined makes sense. They are meant to look at the balance of the squad with regards to age profiles and the depth chart and then make transfers to fill the gaps out. If they are serious about following through on this we will get an IQ 10 who is talented and experienced enough to start in Europe without shitting the bed, with a view to him baking up Sexton.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 2:09 pm 

Boxcar Ira wrote:
SASP wrote:
earl the beaver wrote:

FML.

Heard from who?

Unless there is someone really good and affordable available, the IQ option is probably the better option.

One of Carberry or Byrne will have to move you'd imagine.

You can have JJ.......he will fit in well.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 2:12 pm 

Carberry or Byrne makes a hell of a lot of sense from an Ireland perspective.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 2:12 pm 

DiscoHips D'Arcy wrote:
SASP wrote:
earl the beaver wrote:

FML.

Heard from who?

I kind-of agree about home-grown players and pride in the shirt but I think with 10s, unless they are mega-talented throwing them in early can do more harm than good.

The overall strategy that Bryn has outlined makes sense. They are meant to look at the balance of the squad with regards to age profiles and the depth chart and then make transfers to fill the gaps out. If they are serious about following through on this we will get an IQ 10 who is talented and experienced enough to start in Europe without shitting the bed, with a view to him baking up Sexton.

Tbf Paddy was thrown in relatively early and it worked out for him, but he has Ruan and Wallace either side of him for the most

If we could get a 10 who could do the job in the big games and play Lowry/Curtis in Europe (depending which comp we're in) and away to the Italians, Dragons etc it would be fine I think

What's Niall O'Connor at these days?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 2:13 pm 

Young Steve Crosbie to continue his tour of all the provinces

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 2:14 pm 

Potential Leinster starting XV:

1. Healy
2. Cronin
3. Furlong
4. Toner
5. Ryan
6. Fardy
7. Leavy
8. Jordi
9. McGrath
10. Sexton
11. Nacewa
12. Henshaw
13. Ringrose
14. Lowe
15. Kearney

OR

1. Healy
2. Cronin
3. Furlong
4. Toner
5. Ryan
6. Fardy
7. Leavy
8. Jordi
9. JGP
10. Sexton
11. Nacewa
12. Henshaw
13. Ringrose
14. McFadden
15. Kearney

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 2:16 pm 

Ulsters Red Hand wrote:
DiscoHips D'Arcy wrote:
SASP wrote:
earl the beaver wrote:

FML.

Heard from who?

Tbf Paddy was thrown in relatively early and it worked out for him, but he has Ruan and Wallace either side of him for the most

If we could get a 10 who could do the job in the big games and play Lowry/Curtis in Europe (depending which comp we're in) and away to the Italians, Dragons etc it would be fine I think

What's Niall O'Connor at these days?

Paddy is mega-talented though, and as you say he had experienced guys around him, look at the flak he took!

Lets not talk about NOC

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 2:17 pm 

Herring looked enthused in that news conference anyway :uhoh:

No sign of the club captain. Maybe to close to the story though for him to do it. Maybe he didnt want to.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 2:18 pm 

irishrugbyua wrote:

1. Healy
2. Cronin
3. Furlong
4. Toner
5. Ryan
6. Fardy
7. Leavy
8. Jordi
9. McGrath
10. Sexton
11. Nacewa
12. Henshaw
13. Ringrose
14. Lowe
15. Kearney

OR

1. Healy
2. Cronin
3. Furlong
4. Toner
5. Ryan
6. Fardy
7. Leavy
8. Jordi
9. JGP
10. Sexton
11. Nacewa
12. Henshaw
13. Ringrose
14. McFadden
15. Kearney

What's the story with sob
Did he not play at the weekend?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 2:20 pm 

Winnie wrote:
irishrugbyua wrote:

1. Healy
2. Cronin
3. Furlong
4. Toner
5. Ryan
6. Fardy
7. Leavy
8. Jordi
9. McGrath
10. Sexton
11. Nacewa
12. Henshaw
13. Ringrose
14. Lowe
15. Kearney

OR

1. Healy
2. Cronin
3. Furlong
4. Toner
5. Ryan
6. Fardy
7. Leavy
8. Jordi
9. JGP
10. Sexton
11. Nacewa
12. Henshaw
13. Ringrose
14. McFadden
15. Kearney

What's the story with sob
Did he not play at the weekend?

He did, went off at half time.

doubt he is available for saturday and even if he was, he doesn't deserve to start.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 2:22 pm 

DiscoHips D'Arcy wrote:

Coetzee
Deysel

I'm sure the IRFU will also help if Coetzee is perma-fvcked.......

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 408993 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8452, 8453, 8454, 8455, 8456, 8457, 8458 ... 10225  Next