Chat Forum
It is currently Thu Nov 15, 2018 1:48 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 72768 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1706, 1707, 1708, 1709, 1710, 1711, 1712 ... 1820  Next
PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2018 9:57 pm 

Anonymous. wrote:
DragsterDriver wrote:
openclashXX wrote:
Lancaster, Farrell and Cockhead have had good seasons haven't they

Cockhead yes, the other two have fallen lucky as assistants to talented sides.

Gustard and quins, i don't think he'll leave england 1 year out from the RWC?

Farrell got a lot of stick from people for "picking" the team and intimidating Lancaster. Did any of the 4 people in the selection meetings every confirm this. It seemed at the time the people on this thread were just making shit up.

Numerous sources reported it. Billy Vunipola was actually reported as saying it. The mainstream media had severla articles on the fall-out, Farrell-Catt fighting, Lancaster's distance, Farrell bullying etc.

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2018 10:03 pm 

In the post match interview, Lancaster was the first person Sexton was crediting the win to. The first. Before any of the other players or staff - even Cullen only got a mention for being "brave enough" to bring Lancaster into the fold

The list of people raving about Lancaster's coaching is becoming longer and longer - Sexton, JGP, Furlong, Heaslip, SOB, Henshaw and so on. Some of them are saying he's one of the best coaches they've ever played under

I know people like Dragster and RodneyRetard have backed themselves into a corner with the "Lancaster is a complete spoofer" stuff but either the Irish players and fans are on a collective windup or he might actually be a half decent coach

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2018 10:10 pm 

Yep his record speaks for itself.

This is an interesting new hobbyhorse for you OC, should be fun but I do expect better.

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2018 10:32 pm 

openclashXX wrote:
In the post match interview, Lancaster was the first person Sexton was crediting the win to. The first. Before any of the other players or staff - even Cullen only got a mention for being "brave enough" to bring Lancaster into the fold

The list of people raving about Lancaster's coaching is becoming longer and longer - Sexton, JGP, Furlong, Heaslip, SOB, Henshaw and so on. Some of them are saying he's one of the best coaches they've ever played under

I know people like Dragster and RodneyRetard have backed themselves into a corner with the "Lancaster is a complete spoofer" stuff but either the Irish players and fans are on a collective windup or he might actually be a half decent coach

:thumbup:

Massive influence, obviously.

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2018 10:44 pm 

DragsterDriver wrote:

This is an interesting new hobbyhorse for you OC, should be fun but I do expect better.

Does it? As Head coach his record is woeful. Relegated Leeds and embarrassing for England. Everyone knows he's a good development coach but when in charge it's a different matter and he has been found wanting. It's not like he's the first ever coach who has been exposed at test level and it's easy to win when you have the best side and many of the rivals are having a under performing season.

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2018 10:51 pm 

eldanielfire wrote:
DragsterDriver wrote:

Does it? As Head coach his record is woeful. Relegated Leeds and embarrassing for England. Everyone knows he's a good development coach but when in charge it's a different matter and he has been found wanting. It's not like he's the first ever coach who has been exposed at test level and it's easy to win when you have the best side and many of the rivals are having a under performing season.

You may be suffering a woosh!

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2018 1:09 am 

eldanielfire wrote:
Anonymous. wrote:
DragsterDriver wrote:
openclashXX wrote:

Farrell got a lot of stick from people for "picking" the team and intimidating Lancaster. Did any of the 4 people in the selection meetings every confirm this. It seemed at the time the people on this thread were just making shit up.

Numerous sources reported it. Billy Vunipola was actually reported as saying it. The mainstream media had severla articles on the fall-out, Farrell-Catt fighting, Lancaster's distance, Farrell bullying etc.

Farrell and Lancaster denied it and made the point there were only 4 people in the selection meetings. Themselves Mike Catt and Rowntree. Sounds more like a case of people believing Farrell must have to much influence so it becomes a fact that he selected the team. Unless Billy Vunipola was hiding behind the curtains. Although I have had a look and can't actually find anything where Billy says that

Andy Farrell interview

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2018 12:59 pm 

Talk of cipriani to sale with diamond keen?

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2018 5:10 pm 

The word is Cips to Glaws, now.

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2018 5:23 pm 

Anonymous. wrote:
eldanielfire wrote:
Anonymous. wrote:
DragsterDriver wrote:
openclashXX wrote:

Farrell and Lancaster denied it and made the point there were only 4 people in the selection meetings. Themselves Mike Catt and Rowntree. Sounds more like a case of people believing Farrell must have to much influence so it becomes a fact that he selected the team. Unless Billy Vunipola was hiding behind the curtains. Although I have had a look and can't actually find anything where Billy says that

Andy Farrell interview

It's a bit of a strawman the believe all decisions and interactions about the first team is confined to a selection room. Have you never played rugby before? The coaches speak about the team with the tactics on the training pitch, players, how else do they prepare plays or positioning for defense or set-pieces?

If Lancaster or Catt is saying "we'll do this play using x,y,z's skills" and Farrell is coaching a different tactic that uses other players abilites, the players can suss what is going on. The supposed undermining and arguments also related to the teams play. As I said Farrell and Catt where battling each over on how the team should function, that obviously goes on in training in front of the players.

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2018 5:29 pm 

maverickmak wrote:

If Glaws had a 10 like Cips at the weekend they wouldn’t have been rolled over. I can see why they would be in the market.

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2018 6:10 pm 

Some are reporting it's a done deal. Fantastic signing for Glaws if true, could really take the attacking style that Ackermann wants to another level.

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2018 6:36 pm 

nuffsaid wrote:
maverickmak wrote:

If Glaws had a 10 like Cips at the weekend they wouldn’t have been rolled over. I can see why they would be in the market.

Has Burns Jr sputtered? There was some talk that he'd be better than Freddie.

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2018 6:42 pm 

Nieghorn wrote:
nuffsaid wrote:
maverickmak wrote:

Has Burns Jr sputtered? There was some talk that he'd be better than Freddie.

He's pretty much the same player, very talented but also very flakey.

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2018 6:50 pm 

forrester wrote:
Some are reporting it's a done deal. Fantastic signing for Glaws if true, could really take the attacking style that Ackermann wants to another level.

Agreed. If the Cipriani rumours are true and they have Mostert and van Rensburg arriving as well, they could challenge for the play-offs IMO.

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2018 6:58 pm 

I like burns jr, good steady club 10.

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2018 8:05 pm 

DragsterDriver wrote:

He has his moments. The kick for Trinders try on Friday was world class but then went missing in the 2nd half, he's that kind of player.

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2018 8:28 pm 

forrester wrote:
DragsterDriver wrote:

He has his moments. The kick for Trinders try on Friday was world class but then went missing in the 2nd half, he's that kind of player.

I’m a little baffled that it’s possible to go missing at 10. But my recollection of the 2003 semi final Aus-NZ is that Spencer managed to do a disappearing act half way through the game there.

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2018 10:28 pm 

Burns Jr is a cracking little player, far superior to his brother. I'd back him to keep Cips on the bench if they were in competition for a starting spot

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2018 10:54 pm 

If Cips goes to Glaws, does that mean Akerman has dispensed with Owen Williams from his plans?

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 12:13 am 

Supposedly Haskell to Saints will be announced tomorrow (well, today now)

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 12:53 am 

openclashXX wrote:
Burns Jr is a cracking little player, far superior to his brother. I'd back him to keep Cips on the bench if they were in competition for a starting spot

That's the kiss of death on the youngster then.

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 7:12 am 

Saint wrote:
Supposedly Haskell to Saints will be announced tomorrow (well, today now)

Bizarre move for Saints considering they’re already over stocked with flankers.

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 8:54 am 

Apparently Glaws are releasing Owen Williams to the Dragons to make room for Cips. Good signing for them :thumbup:
Becoming a bit concerned with our recruitment though. Apparently we've now been beaten to both Cips and Van Rensburg by Gloucester, and there's precious little chatter about who else we're signing apart from Mike Williams. The lads on the Sale podcast are also convinced that the Jackson deal is still on. Would rather we just leave well alone now, especially with the statement and subsequent denials from Diamond. If we went through with it now it just makes us look like bare-faced liars x(

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 9:08 am 

45jumper wrote:
Apparently Glaws are releasing Owen Williams to the Dragons to make room for Cips. Good signing for them :thumbup:
Becoming a bit concerned with our recruitment though. Apparently we've now been beaten to both Cips and Van Rensburg by Gloucester, and there's precious little chatter about who else we're signing apart from Mike Williams. The lads on the Sale podcast are also convinced that the Jackson deal is still on. Would rather we just leave well alone now, especially with the statement and subsequent denials from Diamond. If we went through with it now it just makes us look like bare-faced liars x(

Quote:
"We're not allowed to speak to players before January 1, that's a principle we stick to," said Diamond. "Maybe you should ring those players up yourselves and speak to them? There's no done deal."

Quote:
Sale director of rugby Steve Diamond claims Castleford “fired” Denny Solomona before he joined the Sharks.

Quote:
On April 17, Director of rugby Steve Diamond strongly denied our Fissler Files story reporting the Sharks had secured the signing of both the Australian international and Spingboks scrum-half Faf de Clerk.

At the time the Sale boss claimed he “hadn’t spoken to either players and he didn’t know where the specualtation came from.”

It's not as though there's no history.

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 9:12 am 

forrester wrote:
DragsterDriver wrote:

Quite. The game cried out for the half backs to take control of tempo and territory but Burns failed to do that (much as I like him) and Braley's kicking was poor. Gloucester threw the game away, I thought, aided by some very poor officiating.

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 9:26 am 

Cips to Gloucester confirmed on BBC. Cips RJVR Trinder would be a pretty terrifying combination

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 9:29 am 

Will be good for burns to be around an experienced 10 for the season.

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 10:13 am 

If it’s true that Gloucester are also getting RJvR, Mostert and Dreyer, they’re building a heck of a side there.

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 10:47 am 

Not sure about Mostert, that might just be a rumour. Grobbler from Munster is more likely.

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 11:17 am 

I guess in literal terms, 6'7" Charlie Matthews is a 'big' signing for Wasps ...

http://www.wasps.co.uk/news/article/201 ... -19-season

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 11:31 am 

Nieghorn wrote:
I guess in literal terms, 6'7" Charlie Matthews is a 'big' signing for Wasps ...

He's been phoning it in for Quims for a while. I'd prefer a far more abrasive signing.

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 11:48 am 

Gospel wrote:
Nieghorn wrote:

He's been phoning it in for Quims for a while. I'd prefer a far more abrasive signing.

He's a poor mans Gaskell from what I've seen?

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 11:52 am 

DragsterDriver wrote:
Gospel wrote:
Nieghorn wrote:

He's a poor mans Gaskell from what I've seen?

Let's hope that we can upgrade him. If not, he can stay behind all the others.

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 11:54 am 

Nieghorn wrote:

He'd better not suddenly find a hard edge after the years of being soft as butter for Quins.

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 12:32 pm 

Hopefully we will see an end to Twelvetrees moving to 10 to close out games

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 1:06 pm 

eldanielfire wrote:
Anonymous. wrote:

Andy Farrell interview

It's a bit of a strawman the believe all decisions and interactions about the first team is confined to a selection room. Have you never played rugby before? The coaches speak about the team with the tactics on the training pitch, players, how else do they prepare plays or positioning for defense or set-pieces?

If Lancaster or Catt is saying "we'll do this play using x,y,z's skills" and Farrell is coaching a different tactic that uses other players abilites, the players can suss what is going on. The supposed undermining and arguments also related to the teams play. As I said Farrell and Catt where battling each over on how the team should function, that obviously goes on in training in front of the players.
Bottom line is you want to believe farrell is the bully who picked the team and will accept accusations from people who were not there as fact despite the denials of the people who who were there.

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 1:48 pm 

Hask to Saints confirmed. Which is... something.

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 2:11 pm 

crash 669 wrote:
Hask to Saints confirmed. Which is... something.

Underwhelming.

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 2:18 pm 

Mahoney wrote:
Nieghorn wrote:

He'd better not suddenly find a hard edge after the years of being soft as butter for Quins.

Slightly surprised they’ve ditched Symonds and signed Matthews, MS looks the better player to me and wouldn’t imagine he’d be on more money(?). What’s the story there?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 72768 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1706, 1707, 1708, 1709, 1710, 1711, 1712 ... 1820  Next