Chat Forum
It is currently Tue Jul 23, 2019 2:46 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 37908 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 770, 771, 772, 773, 774, 775, 776 ... 948  Next
PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 1:29 pm 

Mick Mannock wrote:
Insane_Homer wrote:

We haven't left.

Quote:
voting records from the European Parliament show that Mr Farage and other Ukip MEPs voted against a move to reform EU trade defence rules in 2014.

The UK government then double farked it later as stated in article above.

If we'd actually left last month, what, if anything, would be different now with regards to British Steels collapse today?
I'd also be interested to hear how a no deal Brexit might make it all better.

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 1:31 pm 

Plato'sCave wrote:
sewa wrote:
Plato'sCave wrote:
My sympathies go out to all those in the British steel industry who voted remain.

The knock on effects on local communities will be horrendous. The little cafes, corner shops, bars, hairdressers, garages etc will all take a cut.

It’s going to be awful for them. But on the flip side a remoaner did throw a milkshake so the jury is still out.

Are those jobs as valuable as a garden bridge or a tenth of a Grayling (I've lost track of how much his uselessness has cost us)?
Interesting thread by a former Whitehouse security staff member on the milkshaking.
https://twitter.com/DanKaszeta/status/1 ... 68064?s=09
Essentially, man up nigel and keep a spare set of clothes handy.

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 1:58 pm 

Another referendum in the UK would be frikking hilarious

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 1:59 pm 

c69 wrote:
:? Ffs lads you are tedious.

However, back to the matter in hand. Will May even go to the House with her options?
Possible votes on votes.....

I'm stuck in the desert in the middle of Mexico. I have time :lol:

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 2:01 pm 

Leffe wrote:
c69 wrote:

However, back to the matter in hand. Will May even go to the House with her options?

Did you go there to get away from attending a certain wedding :nod:

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 2:19 pm 

nardol wrote:
Another referendum in the UK would be frikking hilarious

The country is so batshit these days we should all just start saying there was actually a second referendum and remain won, then just get on with things.

If anyone asks questions just blame fake news, call them a traitor, and change the subject.

sewa wrote:
Leffe wrote:
c69 wrote:

That's in a few weeks... we have to leave the festival go to wedding (miss kraftwerk) then go back to festival. Great timez :frown:

80 UK companies break EU chemical law :shock:

https://eeb.org/named-major-brands-brea ... afety-law/

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 2:22 pm 

My family, all Brexiteers, are reliant upon British Steel. I served my time on that plant. They were lied to, manipulated, cheated and it was paid for by foreign money.

There should be riots in the streets right now.

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 2:24 pm 

Leffe wrote:
sewa wrote:

That's in a few weeks... we have to leave the festival go to wedding (miss kraftwerk) then go back to festival. Great timez :frown:

Ouch :P

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 2:32 pm 

Anyway Leffe mate by the time you get back there will almost certainly be a new PM or at least a leadership contest, what joy. They have all abandoned May to talk in the HOC on her own

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 2:37 pm 

sewa wrote:
Anyway Leffe mate by the time you get back there will almost certainly be a new PM or at least a leadership contest, what joy. They have all abandoned May to talk in the HOC on her own

Sooner than that perhaps.

Robert Peston
@Peston
And as you probably know, such is widespread Tory fury and despair with PM’s approach to securing Brexit, 1922 executive committee may well decide tonight to temporarily suspend rule and allow immediate no confidence vote in
@theresa_may
as Tory leader

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 2:43 pm 

happyhooker wrote:
sewa wrote:

Sooner than that perhaps.

Robert Peston
@Peston
And as you probably know, such is widespread Tory fury and despair with PM’s approach to securing Brexit, 1922 executive committee may well decide tonight to temporarily suspend rule and allow immediate no confidence vote in
@theresa_may
as Tory leader

Great little interchange in the house earlier where one of the MP's basically asked May if she could do something 'in the little time she has left' :lol:

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 2:53 pm 

sewa wrote:

I honestly don't think the UK has a leadership problem. Brexit is simply an unsolvable problem, it always was and always will be.

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 3:00 pm 

So from 2016 the UK govt has been selling out the UK (and EU) steel industry by scuppering EU attempts to counter the dumping, so as curry favour with China in the hope of a favourable post Brexit trade deal?

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 3:02 pm 

Insane_Homer wrote:
So from 2016 the UK govt has been selling out the UK (and EU) steel industry by scuppering EU attempts to counter the dumping, so as curry favour with China in the hope of a favourable post Brexit trade deal?

Its all about selling services globally, it always is for UK inc.

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 3:03 pm 

Mullet 2 wrote:
Ahh the Pigdogs

Pigdog "The EU is controlling all our lives and all our laws are being made in Brussels"

Also Pigdog "This EU election is a free hit because it has a limited impact on your everyday life"

:lol: :lol:

Talk about miss the point

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 3:03 pm 

Mullet 2 wrote:
Ahh the Pigdogs

Pigdog "The EU is controlling all our lives and all our laws are being made in Brussels"

Also Pigdog "This EU election is a free hit because it has a limited impact on your everyday life"

Talk about miss the oint

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 3:05 pm 

Openside wrote:
Mullet 2 wrote:
Ahh the Pigdogs

Talk about miss the oint

How the fúck did you double post and mess one of them up?

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 3:06 pm 

Openside wrote:
Mullet 2 wrote:
Ahh the Pigdogs

Talk about miss the oint

Pigdogs missing the oink?

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 3:07 pm 

Insane_Homer wrote:

Exactly. The Nasty-Party.

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 3:08 pm 

Sky news reporting Tories changing party rules to get rid of TM quicker. Changing the rules as they didn't like the result the 1st time round

#ironynotlost

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 3:08 pm 

happyhooker wrote:
Openside wrote:
Mullet 2 wrote:
Ahh the Pigdogs

Talk about miss the oint

How the fúck did you double post and mess one of them up?

:lol: :lol: no idea - IT skillz innit

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 3:11 pm 

Leffe wrote:
My family, all Brexiteers, are reliant upon British Steel. I served my time on that plant. They were lied to, manipulated, cheated and it was paid for by foreign money.

I feel for anyone who lose their job but why is it always someone else fault ?
They have been on life support since Tata sold them for a quid to a couple of spivs. Should that not have rung some alarm bells to the unions ?.... Their business model is shit and they voted for Brexit en-masse.

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 3:13 pm 

for anyone interested in tactical voting for Remain tomorrow: https://www.remainunited.org/

Spoiler: show

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 3:20 pm 

The Sun God wrote:
Leffe wrote:

They have been on life support since Tata sold them for a quid to a couple of spivs. Should that not have rung some alarm bells to the unions ?.... Their business model is shit and they voted for Brexit en-masse.

I wonder did Tata do exactly what Mittal did to Irish steel? Squeeze the assets dry, milk out what cash they can, create an environmental disaster and then run away leaving the mess behind. Still no proper clean up yet in Cork

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 3:29 pm 

sewa wrote:
The Sun God wrote:
Leffe wrote:

I wonder did Tata do exactly what Mittal did to Irish steel? Squeeze the assets dry, milk out what cash they can, create an environmental disaster and then run away leaving the mess behind. Still no proper clean up yet in Cork

IIRC yes they stripped assets and left the firm with debts of tens of millions. Thet also tried to sack any employee with less than 2 years of service to avoid paying redundancy ..... you lay down with dogs blah blah blah

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 3:52 pm 

The Sun God wrote:
sewa wrote:
The Sun God wrote:
Leffe wrote:

IIRC yes they stripped assets and left the firm with debts of tens of millions. Thet also tried to sack any employee with less than 2 years of service to avoid paying redundancy ..... you lay down with dogs blah blah blah

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rLfJeW9gl1k

Sounds like the bought it so they could trade the carbon credits they got.

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 4:01 pm 

sewa wrote:
sorCrer wrote:
sewa wrote:
British Steel gone, up to 25,000 jobs gone. How can we know if this is significant

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2019/may/22/british-steel-to-enter-insolvency-after-rescue-talks-with-government-fail

Bimbo et all will be along shortly to tell you it's a Guardian article so doesn't matter. 8)

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/business/2019/05/22/markets-latest-news-pound-euro-ftse-100-pound-slides-four-month/

Its ok, the Torygraph are carrying the same story, insolvent, EY appointed, 24,500 jobs at risk. Well done Tories for letting the Chinese dump cheap steel in Europe. Who needs manufacturing jobs when we can sell services?

I can remember on the old thread, Bimbo was defending the UK vetoing tariffs on Chinese steel. His point was that cheap steel was good for British car makers and the government were better protecting our car industry than the steel one.

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 4:06 pm 

openclashXX wrote:
for anyone interested in tactical voting for Remain tomorrow: https://www.remainunited.org/

Spoiler: show

RemainVoter.com is suggesting voting for ChangeUK in London, saying the Lib Dems and Greens are safe with what they have but have miles to go for more seats, wheras a bit of help for ChangeUK could get them a seat at the expense of Brexit party.

Might be the only chance Change UK get for a seat.

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 4:08 pm 

easyray wrote:
sewa wrote:
sorCrer wrote:
sewa wrote:
British Steel gone, up to 25,000 jobs gone. How can we know if this is significant

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2019/may/22/british-steel-to-enter-insolvency-after-rescue-talks-with-government-fail

Bimbo et all will be along shortly to tell you it's a Guardian article so doesn't matter. 8)

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/business/2019/05/22/markets-latest-news-pound-euro-ftse-100-pound-slides-four-month/

Its ok, the Torygraph are carrying the same story, insolvent, EY appointed, 24,500 jobs at risk. Well done Tories for letting the Chinese dump cheap steel in Europe. Who needs manufacturing jobs when we can sell services?

I can remember on the old thread, Bimbo was defending the UK vetoing tariffs on Chinese steel. His point was that cheap steel was good for British car makers and the government were better protecting our car industry than the steel one.

Me too. He is notably quiet today about the joys of unrestrained capitalism and how good it is for everyone

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 4:12 pm 

fishfoodie wrote:
The Sun God wrote:
sewa wrote:
The Sun God wrote:
Leffe wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rLfJeW9gl1k

Sounds like the bought it so they could trade the carbon credits they got.

and shorted them into a rising market........silly boys.

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 4:23 pm 

The Sun God wrote:
Leffe wrote:

I'm not saying it is entirely, but the level of fake news and over a period of decades in the British media, then backed up and amplified by FB is all part of this.

Yes they should have stopped to think, but they are not the entire problem here. Farage and Banks need to be held to account.

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 4:26 pm 

Meanwhile, the rise of populist nutters (on the far right, let's face it) might well have some nasty consequences for environment protection at European level just when proper leadership is needed. FM, and indeed everyone's L.

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 4:31 pm 

Quote:
A web of far-right Facebook accounts spreading fake news and hate speech to millions of people across Europe has been uncovered by the campaign group Avaaz.

Facebook, which is struggling to clean up the platform and salvage its reputation, has already taken down accounts with about 6 million followers before voting in the European elections begins on Thursday. It was still investigating hundreds of other accounts with an additional 26 million followers, Avaaz said.

In total, the group reported more than 500 suspect groups and Facebook pages operating across France, Germany, Italy, the UK, Poland and Spain. Most were either spreading fake news or using false pages and profiles to artificially boost the content of parties or sites they supported, in violation of Facebook’s rules.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2019/ ... -in-europe

Brexit is all part and parcel of this FB fake news BS. It's dangerous and everyone should be worried about it. It's teh UK now, but it'll be France, Germany, Ireland etc... next.

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 4:40 pm 

Leffe wrote:
Quote:
A web of far-right Facebook accounts spreading fake news and hate speech to millions of people across Europe has been uncovered by the campaign group Avaaz.

Facebook, which is struggling to clean up the platform and salvage its reputation, has already taken down accounts with about 6 million followers before voting in the European elections begins on Thursday. It was still investigating hundreds of other accounts with an additional 26 million followers, Avaaz said.

In total, the group reported more than 500 suspect groups and Facebook pages operating across France, Germany, Italy, the UK, Poland and Spain. Most were either spreading fake news or using false pages and profiles to artificially boost the content of parties or sites they supported, in violation of Facebook’s rules.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2019/ ... -in-europe

Brexit is all part and parcel of this FB fake news BS. It's dangerous and everyone should be worried about it. It's teh UK now, but it'll be France, Germany, Ireland etc... next.

I think it already is everywhere to varying degrees.

It's so easy really - on one hand get shit loads of bots to make your content look viral, then if you have some serious coin you can saturate Facebook with highly targetted ads.

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 4:40 pm 

Is it EU law or International Law that prevents government help to Brit Steel?

And how would it differ to the bank bail outs?

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 4:41 pm 

Leffe wrote:
Is it EU law or International Law that prevents government help to Brit Steel?

And how would it differ to the bank bail outs?

I haven't read this but skimmed it earlier this morning and it may be useful

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-41392469

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 4:43 pm 

ATT Bimbo.

Yesterdya you told me that the working classes had moved on and were now paring wines with their curries in te UK.

Do you think that the workers at British Steel are paring their wines with their lunch curries today?

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 4:58 pm 

Quote:
can remember on the old thread, Bimbo was defending the UK vetoing tariffs on Chinese steel. His point was that cheap steel was good for British car makers and the government were better protecting our car industry than the steel one.

I made no point about steel for the British car industry , I believe they’re mostly Aluminium chassis aren’t they?

In fact you must have mixed me up with someone else.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 37908 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 770, 771, 772, 773, 774, 775, 776 ... 948  Next