Chat Forum
It is currently Mon Oct 14, 2019 9:21 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2019 7:17 pm 

If the marriage/divorce was nasty. I was asked by a friend to accompany him to his ex mother in-law's funeral. Considering all the shit that happened (court cases, fist fights with her family, threats etc) I reckon he shouldn't go but he has two kids with ex wife.

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2019 7:24 pm 

Advice plz.

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2019 7:28 pm 

If he was invited and the deceased means something to him, he should go. Keep head down of course.

Then leave early in good manner.

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2019 7:44 pm 

There was no official invitation he knew through his kids. The kids asked if he could make it.

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2019 8:25 pm 

Then he should ask his ex if it’s ok if he comes to pay his respects.

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2019 9:07 pm 

Turn up drunk and hit on your ex’s sister.

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2019 9:11 pm 

Exactly Flamer. This is where the travelling community in Ireland get it right. Funerals are a time to right wrongs and throw shapes. Get tanked up and bring game

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2019 9:14 pm 

Location: End of the road, turn right and first house on the left
zt1903 wrote:

This - it is his children's grand-parent and they have asked him to come. Yes, he should ask his ex and it may well turn into a time to put the bad bits behind them.

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2019 9:21 pm 

EverReady wrote:
Exactly Flamer. This is where the travelling community in Ireland get it right. Funerals are a time to right wrongs and throw shapes. Get tanked up and bring game

Absolutely. 👍
Don’t forget to burn the gaff down afterwards.

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2019 9:24 pm 

Enzedder wrote:
zt1903 wrote:

This - it is his children's grand-parent and they have asked him to come. Yes, he should ask his ex and it may well turn into a time to put the bad bits behind them.

He's hardly spoken yo his ex over the last 7yrs and the hate is mutual.

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2019 9:25 pm 

His issue is the kids expecting him to come but they were very young when all the shit went down and don't understand.

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2019 9:26 pm 

Flametop wrote:
EverReady wrote:

Absolutely. 👍
Don’t forget to burn the gaff down afterwards.

While crying and mashing ham sandwiches into your gob

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2019 9:43 pm 

CrazyIslander wrote:
His issue is the kids expecting him to come but they were very young when all the shit went down and don't understand.

Best to leave well alone so.

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2019 10:07 pm 

Best to ask the ex first.
See if he could be of help with his kids transport or support.
Otherwise support the kids before/after/the next day away from the ex

On a side note I never really understood the bitter divorce situation. You were married, had kids then it didn’t work out. Just separate respectfully.

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2019 10:11 pm 

Uncle Fester wrote:
CrazyIslander wrote:

Best to leave well alone so.

Yeah that's my advice. But he's intending on going that's why he asked me to go along.

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2019 10:12 pm 

CrazyIslander wrote:
If the marriage/divorce was nasty. I was asked by a friend to accompany him to his ex mother in-law's funeral. Considering all the shit that happened (court cases, fist fights with her family, threats etc) I reckon he shouldn't go but he has two kids with ex wife.

Rule 1

Just asking for a fat feline friend

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2019 10:17 pm 

Cullen wrote:

On a side note I never really understood the bitter divorce situation. You were married, had kids then it didn’t work out. Just separate respectfully.

It's more complicated I guess. Betrayal, being treated like a fool, economics etc. Imagine being the breadwinner whilst your wife was fvcking the local idiot. Then she divorces you and expects you to move out so the idiot can move in.

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2019 10:19 pm 

Anonymous. wrote:
CrazyIslander wrote:

Rule 1

Just asking for a fat feline friend

Of my friend or ex wife? I'd fvck the ex wife tbh. But I wouldn't fvck my mate though, he's not my type.

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2019 10:20 pm 

CrazyIslander wrote:
Cullen wrote:

It's more complicated I guess. Betrayal, being treated like a fool, economics etc. Imagine being the breadwinner whilst your wife was fvcking the local idiot. Then she divorces you and expects you to move out so the idiot can move in.

How are you still his friend if you were shagging his Mrs?

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2019 10:23 pm 

CrazyIslander wrote:
Cullen wrote:

Was the relationship since with the ex-in laws good or indifferent/bad? If good then ask the ex if you could go (especially as kids asked me to go, but don't say because the kids asked me to go (big difference). If the relationship since, was indifferent/bad then fcuk them. Tell the kids life gets more difficult when you are adults and they will understand when older.

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2019 10:24 pm 

Cullen wrote:
CrazyIslander wrote:
Cullen wrote:

:lol: Actually that was a hypothetical situation.

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2019 10:26 pm 

LandOTurk wrote:
CrazyIslander wrote:
Cullen wrote:

Was the relationship since with the ex-in laws good or indifferent/bad? If good then ask the ex if you could go (especially as kids asked me to go, but don't say because the kids asked me to go (big difference). If the relationship since, was indifferent/bad then fcuk them. Tell the kids life gets more difficult when you are adults and they will understand when older.

Would you believe that it waa worse after divorce? Especially involving the kids and property.

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2019 10:28 pm 

Cullen wrote:
CrazyIslander wrote:
Cullen wrote:

:lol:

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2019 12:09 am 

CrazyIslander wrote:
LandOTurk wrote:
CrazyIslander wrote:
Cullen wrote:

Would you believe that it waa worse after divorce? Especially involving the kids and property.

Are you talking about the ex-in laws?
Are you saying your relationship with them was not great but got a lot worse after divorce.
If so, sorry for your kids but fcuk the ex-in laws!

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2019 1:07 am 

How old are the kids?
How is the relationship between him and them? I think he should just tell them it is a bit of a dilemma and stay away.

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2019 1:41 am 

LandOTurk wrote:
CrazyIslander wrote:
LandOTurk wrote:
CrazyIslander wrote:
Cullen wrote:

Are you talking about the ex-in laws?
Are you saying your relationship with them was not great but got a lot worse after divorce.
If so, sorry for your kids but fcuk the ex-in laws!

I meant mate's relationship with ex and whole family got worse.

Last edited by CrazyIslander on Sun May 26, 2019 1:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2019 1:44 am 

Bokkom wrote:
How old are the kids?
How is the relationship between him and them? I think he should just tell them it is a bit of a dilemma and stay away.

With kids? Great . Or with In-laws? Nasty. I really don't think he should do it.

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2019 2:10 am 

Anonymous. wrote:
Cullen wrote:
CrazyIslander wrote:
Cullen wrote:

+ :lol:

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2019 2:26 am 

CrazyIslander wrote:
Cullen wrote:

"He" sound like he is carrying a load of emotional baggage and should definitely ask the ex first, rather than rocking up with the kids asking him as an excuse and causing a shittier time for the family who are having to bury their mother as it is, and probably don't want to have to deal with that on top.

The kids will get over it. Take them out for lunch and call it a celebration of their gran's life and make it a yearly thing

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2019 2:26 am 

Take a pigeon with you.

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2019 2:57 am 

Dark wrote:
CrazyIslander wrote:
Cullen wrote:

"He" sound like he is carrying a load of emotional baggage and should definitely ask the ex first, rather than rocking up with the kids asking him as an excuse and causing a shittier time for the family who are having to bury their mother as it is, and probably don't want to have to deal with that on top.

The kids will get over it. Take them out for lunch and call it a celebration of their gran's life and make it a yearly thing

"He"? No its not me, I'm still happily married although my in-laws are a pain I live in a different city so it's ok. I think he's been competing for affection from kids and doesn't want to let them down somewhat. Kids naturally are closer to the mother I find. Over time I think that can change.

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2019 2:58 am 

happyhooker wrote:
Take a pigeon with you.

I am the pigeon - wingman at a funeral.

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2019 4:20 am 

Assuming the kids get on with your ex and her parents, I would have them contact their mother and let her know you will take them there and pick them up but there is no way I would attend.

Then I'd take the kids out for a lovely remembrance lunch. so they can share their feelings about their grandma with you.

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2019 4:33 am 

CrazyIslander wrote:
Bokkom wrote:
How old are the kids?

With kids? Great . Or with In-laws? Nasty. I really don't think he should do it.

So he has a bitter, hateful relationship with his ex and his relationship with the in laws is nasty? No way he should be going anywhere near the funeral except to drop off and pick up the kids.

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2019 8:29 am 

Make sure he takes some garlic to throw into the hole on top of the coffin....

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2019 9:51 am 

Man has solid chance to avoid a shitstorm. Man wonders whether he should plough right into it.

Observers nod sagely and agree with one another that this guy's ex-wife wasn't fcuking the biggest idiot in the locality after all.

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2019 9:58 am 

redderneck wrote:
Man has solid chance to avoid a shitstorm. Man wonders whether he should plough right into it.

Observers nod sagely and agree with one another that this guy's ex-wife wasn't fcuking the biggest idiot in the locality after all.

:lol: Naiiiiiled it.

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2019 12:18 pm 

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2019 5:04 pm 

Get him to give a short eulogy
“She will be sorely missed, was better in bed than her daughter”

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2019 7:59 pm 

CrazyIslander wrote:

If my ex croaked I wouldn't go unless specifically asked by my kids - the In Laws no fecking chance!!