Chat Forum
It is currently Tue Oct 15, 2019 2:34 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 186 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2018 9:43 pm 

Roster of jaguars who will wear the Puma jersey to face Wales and Scotland

Cubelli and Moroni return after overcoming long-standing injuries.

Six Uncapped Players on Argentina Roster for June Internationals:

Javier Díaz (loosehead)
Nicolás Leiva (tighthead)
Santiago Medrano (tighthead)
Bautista Ezcurra (inside center)
Bautista Delguy (wing)
Juan Cruz Mallía (fullback)

https://twitter.com/Argentina_2027/status/1000452551442124805

http://www.americasrugbynews.com/2018/05/26/six-uncapped-players-on-argentina-roster-for-june-internationals/

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2018 8:04 am 

At last Argentinian rugby can move forward once again after a shocking series of losses in summer Tests and the RC. Hourcade has gone. Long overdue. At least the successor has time to turn the ship around for the RWC and bring on board the European based players as well.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2018 12:18 pm 

PUMITA wrote:
At last Argentinian rugby can move forward once again after a shocking series of losses in summer Tests and the RC. Hourcade has gone. Long overdue. At least the successor has time to turn the ship around for the RWC and bring on board the European based players as well.

Argentina have the players to turn things around, sometimes it takes a coach who gets the balance right, good luck.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 11:26 pm 

The Pumas will need more than luck. The UAR executives have made too many mistakes.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 1:31 pm 

Yesterday, Pablo Matera has been named the new Pumas captain, replacing Agustín Creevy.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2018 10:48 am 

Puma wrote:
Yesterday, Pablo Matera has been named the new Pumas captain, replacing Agustín Creevy.

Very worthy choice. That back row of Matera, Isa and Kremer will be a real force at next years World Cup. I'm sure Ledesma will get changes instituted in domestic rugby to see the re-emergence of the ferocious Argentine scrum which has been far from the case in recent seasons.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2018 1:57 pm 

PUMITA wrote:
I'm sure Ledesma will get changes instituted in domestic rugby to see the re-emergence of the ferocious Argentine scrum which has been far from the case in recent seasons.

He's been working with several props from lower divisions (who usually work in their scrummaging a bit more than the top clubs) and also sending top retired props to dictate clinics throughout the country in order to have the clubs age group and child coaching structures to re-focus on scrummaging (specially individual techniques and body positions).

The common diagnose is that the formation has been neglected mostly in Buenos Aires and some other large Provinces because of short-term goals in youth rugby...

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 4:44 pm 

Puma wrote:
PUMITA wrote:
I'm sure Ledesma will get changes instituted in domestic rugby to see the re-emergence of the ferocious Argentine scrum which has been far from the case in recent seasons.

He's been working with several props from lower divisions (who usually work in their scrummaging a bit more than the top clubs) and also sending top retired props to dictate clinics throughout the country in order to have the clubs age group and child coaching structures to re-focus on scrummaging (specially individual techniques and body positions).

The common diagnose is that the formation has been neglected mostly in Buenos Aires and some other large Provinces because of short-term goals in youth rugby...

Good to hear Puma. Any knowledge on what we can expect from the former u20's Sordoni and Vivas in the back row. How are they in terms of talent compared to the likes of Matera, Isa and Kremer. Future first team squad regulars ?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 5:43 pm 

What kind of team can we expect for the game on Saturday? Picking form a full deck or will it be a bit experimental?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 6:12 pm 

paddyor wrote:
What kind of team can we expect for the game on Saturday? Picking form a full deck or will it be a bit experimental?

Ledesma tested these 15 today:

15. Boffelli
14. Delguy
13. Orlando
12. De La Fuente
11. Moyano
10. Sánchez
9. Cubelli
8. Ortega Desio
7. Petti :shock: (has never been experimented with this variant)
6. Matera (c)
5. Lavanini
4. Alemanno
3. Medrano
2. Creevy
1. García Botta

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 6:23 pm 

Carfer wrote:
paddyor wrote:

15. Boffelli
14. Delguy
13. Orlando
12. De La Fuente
11. Moyano
10. Sánchez
9. Cubelli
8. Ortega Desio
6. Matera (c)
5. Lavanini
4. Alemanno
3. Medrano
2. Creevy
1. García Botta

Is that full strength? Sanchez has been playing well though I feel his defence can be ROG like at times. Matera is a bit of a beast - will you be playing from everywhere or more conservatively?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 6:39 pm 

Luckycharmer wrote:
Carfer wrote:
paddyor wrote:

15. Boffelli
14. Delguy
13. Orlando
12. De La Fuente
11. Moyano
10. Sánchez
9. Cubelli
8. Ortega Desio
6. Matera (c)
5. Lavanini
4. Alemanno
3. Medrano
2. Creevy
1. García Botta

Is that full strength? Sanchez has been playing well though I feel his defence can be ROG like at times. Matera is a bit of a beast - will you be playing from everywhere or more conservatively?

Basically, it's the best Ledesma's got handly today.
If not injured, Tetaz Caparro and Figallo would be the starting props.
Tuculet (recovering from a knee injury) used to be the full back starter but Boffelli consolidated very well in that position (it was wing until Tuculet's injury).
Cubelli instead of Bertranou seems to respond to a rotation plan between the 3 scrum halves competing for the jersey 9.
Moving Petti from his usual lock position to loose forward is an experiment that was claimed by many Los Pumas fans.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 6:53 pm 

Carfer wrote:
Luckycharmer wrote:
Carfer wrote:
paddyor wrote:

15. Boffelli
14. Delguy
13. Orlando
12. De La Fuente
11. Moyano
10. Sánchez
9. Cubelli
8. Ortega Desio
6. Matera (c)
5. Lavanini
4. Alemanno
3. Medrano
2. Creevy
1. García Botta

Basically, it's the best Ledesma's got handly today.
If not injured, Tetaz Caparro and Figallo would be the starting props.
Tuculet (recovering from a knee injury) used to be the full back starter but Boffelli consolidated very well in that position (it was wing until Tuculet's injury).
Cubelli instead of Bertranou seems to respond to a rotation plan between the 3 scrum halves competing for the jersey 9.
Moving Petti from his usual lock position to loose forward is an experiment that was claimed by many Los Pumas fans.

Is Lavanni still a bit of a loose cannon? Your back 3 are very good but your scrum has looked a lot weaker than the past. It will be a real test for our outside defence. You also seem to grubber kick a lot more than most teams which will be a real test of Larmours positioning if he starts at fullback.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 7:23 pm 

Luckycharmer wrote:
Is Lavanni still a bit of a loose cannon? Your back 3 are very good but your scrum has looked a lot weaker than the past. It will be a real test for our outside defence. You also seem to grubber kick a lot more than most teams which will be a real test of Larmours positioning if he starts at fullback.

Lavanini is much more controlled, in fact, Los Pumas, as a whole, improved a lot in this area and is the only Team that didn't receive any yellow (or red) card in RC 2018. With the scrum there is no possible improvement in the short term (except to use props playing in Europe) because it was a position (prop) and a facet of the game (scrum) very neglected by the Argentine rugby during the last decade. With Ledesma, the game is much more structured and you no longer try to get out by playing hands from our own ingoal. It is used much more the game with the foot because it is intended to put the ball in certain areas of the pitch and pressure and face the attack in areas closer to the opponent's ingoal.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 8:43 pm 

Carfer wrote:
paddyor wrote:

15. Boffelli
14. Delguy
13. Orlando
12. De La Fuente
11. Moyano
10. Sánchez
9. Cubelli
8. Ortega Desio
6. Matera (c)
5. Lavanini
4. Alemanno
3. Medrano
2. Creevy
1. García Botta

Thank very much this confirms I know something (a little about the game) I have been saying that Petti is a third rower for years.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 10:57 pm 

julian wrote:
Carfer wrote:
paddyor wrote:

15. Boffelli
14. Delguy
13. Orlando
12. De La Fuente
11. Moyano
10. Sánchez
9. Cubelli
8. Ortega Desio
6. Matera (c)
5. Lavanini
4. Alemanno
3. Medrano
2. Creevy
1. García Botta

Thank very much this confirms I know something (a little about the game) I have been saying that Petti is a third rower for years.

:thumbup: I wanted him to be tested as N8 because, since Isa emigrated to France, we've fallen short in that position (players with projection towards 2023).

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2019 10:59 pm 

Argentina XV has just defeated USA 45 - 14 in the 2nd round of the Americas Rugby Championsip... Quite a surprising result, with Arg XV dictating terms from the very beginning and even holding tveir own in the scrum, where it looked like they were up for a slaughter.

7 tries to 2, wirh USA scoring theirs in the final 3 minutes... Don't know how strong the USA side was, but ARG had only a couple of players who might get a marginal call up for the RWC. Then of course it didn't look like the USA side who put 70 on Chile last week.

Centre Paul Lassike saw a red card on the 32nd minute for stomping on a rival's head, but the match was 21-0 at that point already...

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2019 2:28 pm 

Several news sites have reorted over the weekend that UAR has lifted the restriction for overseas players in Los Pumas, and coach Ledesma will have a free hand on calling them up.

My calls:

Definite starters: Sanchez, Figallo

Very good chance of a start: Imhoff, Isa

Could have a place in the 23: Herrera (still lacks decent scrummaging IMHO, unless his current stint in France has taught him something...) Pato Fernandez, Urdapilleta, Bosch (the hooker, not the centre).

Can't think about many others, I might be forgetting some: both Socino brothers whose form i know nothing about, Bosch (the centre)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2019 10:10 pm 

Puma wrote:
Several news sites have reorted over the weekend that UAR has lifted the restriction for overseas players in Los Pumas, and coach Ledesma will have a free hand on calling them up.

My calls:

Could have a place in the 23: Herrera (still lacks decent scrummaging IMHO, unless his current stint in France has taught him something...) Pato Fernandez, Urdapilleta, Bosch (the hooker, not the centre).

Can't think about many others, I might be forgetting some: both Socino brothers whose form i know nothing about, Bosch (the centre)

Hows Muller going at Oyonnax? He always had the physical attributes.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2019 4:38 am 

frillage wrote:
Puma wrote:

My calls:

Hows Muller going at Oyonnax? He always had the physical attributes.

That's one who might've slipped under my radar. He might not be amongst the clear cut starters today, but he might very well compete for a plae in the squad, although the competition at winger is currently fierce, with Moyano and Delguy doing quite well, Boffelli coming back from injury and Osdaczuk (sp?) coming through the ranks (7s and Argentina XV) with a very solid claim too.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2019 7:33 pm 

Puma wrote:

My calls:

1. Tetaz Chaparro ---------- ¿Vivas?
2. Creevy ---------- Montoya
3. Figallo ---------- ¿ Medrano / Pieretto / Herrera ?
4. Petti ---------- Galarza
5. Lavanini ---------- Alemanno
6. Matera ---------- Lezana
7. Kremer ---------- Bruni
8. Isa ---------- Ortega Desio
9. Bertranou ---------- Cubelli
10. Sánchez ---------- ¿ Díaz Bonilla / Urdapilleta / Patricio Fernández ?
11. Imhoff ---------- Moyano
12. De La Fuente ---------- Orlando
13. Noroni ---------- ¿ Mallía / Osadczuk ?
14. Cordero ---------- Delguy
15. Boffelli ---------- Tuculet

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

15. Boffelli ---------- Tuculet
14. Cordero ---------- Delguy
13. Noroni ---------- ¿ Mallía / Osadczuk ?
12. De La Fuente ---------- Orlando
11. Imhoff ---------- Moyano
10. Sánchez ---------- ¿ Díaz Bonilla / Urdapilleta / Patricio Fernández ?
9. Bertranou ---------- Cubelli
8. Isa ---------- Ortega Desio
7. Kremer ---------- Bruni
6. Matera ---------- Lezana
5. Lavanini ---------- Alemanno
4. Petti ---------- Galarza
3. Figallo ---------- ¿ Medrano / Pieretto / Herrera ?
2. Creevy ---------- Montoya
1. Tetaz Chaparro ---------- ¿Vivas?

Last edited by Carfer on Wed Mar 06, 2019 8:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2019 7:51 pm 

I want a keyboard that does an upsidedown ? :)

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2019 9:04 pm 

I knew something was coming about european based players available for Pumas but not ready for Ledesma's words. Which sounded like pure gold to my ears. :nod:

He told french clubs that he will convoke as many argentinian Europe based players in the occasions and terms he would like.

It feels good! we will finally have a not depleted team.

My picks:

ISA
FIGALLO
SANCHEZ
BOSCH

(maybe Imhoff)

I don't like Herrera (he is scrummaging is a shame) and talking about Imhoff we have plenty of wingers to choose from

Although I really like Urdapilleta I am not sure he will adapt to Pumas's game.

That's it.

What we need is couple of centers and maybe a hooker (Bosch?).

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2019 12:01 pm 

Ledesma is travelling to Europe this weekend to watch England and France, and he has scheduled meetings with the following players, according to Argentine news sites:

Facundo Gigena (LHP, Leicester Tigers), Lucas Noguera Paz (LHP, Bath), Santiago Socino (hooker, Newcastle Falcons), Tomás Baravalle (hooker, Benetton Treviso), Juan Figallo (THP, Saracens), Ramiro Herrera (THP, Stade Français), Francisco Gómez Kodella (THP, Lyon), Mariano Galarza (lock, Bordeaux), Facundo Isa (backrower, Toulon), Nicolás Sánchez (FH, Stade Français), Benjamín Urdapilleta (FH, Castres), Marcelo Bosch (centre, Saracens), Juan Imhoff (winger, Racing 92) & Santiago Cordero (winger, Exeter).

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2019 2:34 pm 

Los Pumaguares are accumulating a worrisome amount of injuries throughout the first few weeks of SR...

This week's tally saw Landajo (fractured jaw) and Delguy (ankle ligaments), both out for quite long terms, with surgeries required.

With Bertranou also out since week 2 with a shoulder injury demanding surgery too, our depth at SH will be severely tested. I guess Felipe Ezcurra is next in line, and will be at the bench for weeks to come...

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2019 2:51 pm 

So no Cordero or Imhoff. A bit of a surprise to me. Delguy should be fit then ? No real surprises in the selection of the European based players. Santi Socino did the right thing in playing for the Jaguares and throwing himself into contention.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 186 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5