Chat Forum
It is currently Wed Oct 23, 2019 5:50 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2162 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 7:46 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 14100
Location: We'll Never Forget You Geordan D'Arcy
Bullettyme wrote:
Good luck ER, I hope they let you keep the head and shoulders thing.


This is no time to be worrying about Dandruff, you fool.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 8:26 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 24492
Maybe I should set up a kids cancer choir with the sole purpose to sing We Are the World to me everyday. They dont talk to you about these opportunities


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 8:30 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 11, 2013 1:30 pm
Posts: 12151
Shout out to you ER, take it easy lad. :thumbup:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 8:31 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 33912
Location: Dublin
Do you have to stay in the clinic ER or do you go home after taking the Chemo?

Best of luck by the way.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 8:39 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 24492
Thanks all. Means a lot. Iarmhi it goes 2 hours fluid with magnesium and steroids and anti nausea. 2 hours chemo an then two hours fluids with potassium. All in there for about 7 hours on that day and home. You feel ok the first few days as they give you strong anti nausea and steroids for first three days. Wheels came off for me about day 5 which is typical. With my treatment you tend to end up an Inpatient about week 5-7 or within 2 weeks after finishing. Mainly because you can't eat but I am aiming to stay out


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 8:44 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 15602
ER, sorry, I’m just catching this now.
Fûcking hell, you’re one of my favourite posters on here.
You’ve gotta kick the living shit out of this.
Stay strong bud, we need you here.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 8:47 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 24492
Thanks dude. One of the specialist nurses early on had a line I liked 'You deal with the facts as they are on the day' and today I feel pretty good


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 8:49 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 16300
You're going to smash this, kid. Far too much to live for and for one of life's rare good eggs.

You'll destroy the fucker and I'll take you for a feed of porter when you do.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 8:51 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 24492
You're on baby


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 8:52 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 16300
I'll invite Mullet and Wag too for the glamour of it.

I'm serious, by the way. Serious session incoming once you've convalesced :thumbup:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 8:54 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 24492
I had a dream the other night and Mullet was in it. He might be a guardian angel or some mystical shit


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 8:54 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 15602
EverReady wrote:
I had a dream the other night and Mullet was in it. He might be a guardian angel or some mystical shit


Celticly mystical.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 8:57 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 04, 2012 7:44 pm
Posts: 13925
Has anyone even seen ER and Spider-Man in the same room?

You got this spidey. :thumbup:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 8:58 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 1:44 pm
Posts: 36330
Location: For Wales the Welsh and Leinster
EverReady wrote:
I had a dream the other night and Mullet was in it. He might be a guardian angel or some mystical shit

He reminds me of Chet off weird sceince tbh.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 8:59 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Aug 28, 2015 3:48 pm
Posts: 2483
Sorry to hear ER. Hope it keeps going well for you and you beat that shit.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 9:52 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 14100
Location: We'll Never Forget You Geordan D'Arcy
EverReady wrote:
I had a dream the other night and Mullet was in it. He might be a guardian angel or some mystical shit


He's been called some things in his time, but a mystical shit is a new one I'm guessing.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 9:58 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 04, 2012 7:44 pm
Posts: 13925
redderneck wrote:
EverReady wrote:
I had a dream the other night and Mullet was in it. He might be a guardian angel or some mystical shit


He's been called some things in his time, but a mystical shit is a new one I'm guessing.

I had a dream the day before the Heino Cup final that Luke McGrath had to retire due to injury. Was a bit of a left field dream. Leinster not even my no.1 team.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 10:29 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 11854
Hope all works out well for you ER, haven’t checked in here for a while.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2019 1:59 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 24492
Week 2 and a bit in and I can safely say I won't be doing this again. Last weekend had the eldests Communion so they filled me with steroids for the day. What goes up must come down so I crashed like Prince Phillip trying to run over some villagers. Sunday the vomiting picked up and the week was pretty much that until Thursday night and I had a temp of 38.5. Not sure about the system in other countries but here it is a bit shambolic. If I get sick before 6pm I go to my dedicated cancer hospital. After 6pm or weekends I go to any A&E. So they told me from the start 'dont get sick after 6pm' and I didn't oblige. They told me tell A&E you are an oncology patient under Dr X so I thought I would go to A&E and the cancer team would breeze into the reception and whisk me off on a trolley to a special isolation area probably with games and bean bags. Turns out I was wrong. They had me in the waiting area of James's with not one but two prisoners with 6 prison guards and various other drunks and reprobates. Then I got the call after an hour and got brought into a new section where the nurse stabbed me badly for blood and said hopefully we will have a bed soon and put me in a new waiting area. I thought thank fùck those prisone...no sooner had a I thought it the two lads were moved to this tiny area beside me no accompanied by a mental drunk lad in a suit shouting THAT'S IT and OOOOOOHHHHHH :lol: A memory I will treasure. Anyway that was the night- me with a worsening temp and compromised immunity with all the mad bastards of Dublin. At 6am they put me on a trolley and said you have sepsis. Without missing a beat I said after last night I am not surprised. She took the time to explain I had the infection already which was nice. Silver lining was I was transferred to Luke's on Friday and had to be given a private room as I had to be in isolation after James's 8)
Two days in here I appear to have sorted puking my face off during the day and might even stuck my hands down my pants later :thumbup:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2019 2:07 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 1:44 pm
Posts: 36330
Location: For Wales the Welsh and Leinster
Stay strong mate :thumbup:
Why not ask someone else to put their hands down your pants?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2019 2:12 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 24492
c69 wrote:
Stay strong mate :thumbup:
Why not ask someone else to put their hands down your pants?


I am not as attractive as I have been at the moment. I look like an artist has stuck Boris Johnson's neck onto a normal person


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2019 2:31 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 1:44 pm
Posts: 36330
Location: For Wales the Welsh and Leinster
EverReady wrote:
c69 wrote:
Stay strong mate :thumbup:
Why not ask someone else to put their hands down your pants?


I am not as attractive as I have been at the moment. I look like an artist has stuck Boris Johnson's neck onto a normal person

Perhaps Zappa could give you some advice regarding jaunty next gear.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2019 2:33 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 14100
Location: We'll Never Forget You Geordan D'Arcy
EverReady wrote:
c69 wrote:
Stay strong mate :thumbup:
Why not ask someone else to put their hands down your pants?


I am not as attractive as I have been at the moment. I look like an artist has stuck Boris Johnson's neck onto a normal person


What's the odds on that mental drunk lad in a suit shouting THAT'S IT and OOOOOOHHHHHH being another oncology patient in for the chemical gawks?

Fcuk all to be said ER only keep her lit. :thumbup:

PS. In terms of attractiveness, just remind yourself that Leo Cullen looks worse and he has NO excuse.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2019 2:45 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 24492
Look lads life is good. Sitting here watching London 7's after a movie binge this am.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2019 3:14 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 38763
A close friend of my wife was diagnosed with cancer 21 days ago, apparently a rare type and one that spreads incredibly fast. She died yesterday at the age of 52 and this has not been good for my wife's depression. We will attend the wake in two days time and must admit I am not looking forward to it.

ER
Wishing you all the best mate in your battle. Kick the evil fucker in the balls once for me and once for my wife.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2019 9:20 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 24492
Kiwias wrote:
A close friend of my wife was diagnosed with cancer 21 days ago, apparently a rare type and one that spreads incredibly fast. She died yesterday at the age of 52 and this has not been good for my wife's depression. We will attend the wake in two days time and must admit I am not looking forward to it.

ER
Wishing you all the best mate in your battle. Kick the evil fucker in the balls once for me and once for my wife.


Will do :thumbup:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2019 12:45 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 38763
EverReady wrote:
Kiwias wrote:
A close friend of my wife was diagnosed with cancer 21 days ago, apparently a rare type and one that spreads incredibly fast. She died yesterday at the age of 52 and this has not been good for my wife's depression. We will attend the wake in two days time and must admit I am not looking forward to it.

ER
Wishing you all the best mate in your battle. Kick the evil fucker in the balls once for me and once for my wife.


Will do :thumbup:


Good man. Ms. Kiwias wishes you all the best too.

I just checked and her friend had sarcoma.


Last edited by Kiwias on Sun May 26, 2019 1:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2019 1:09 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 7107
EverReady wrote:
Week 2 and a bit in and I can safely say I won't be doing this again. Last weekend had the eldests Communion so they filled me with steroids for the day. What goes up must come down so I crashed like Prince Phillip trying to run over some villagers. Sunday the vomiting picked up and the week was pretty much that until Thursday night and I had a temp of 38.5. Not sure about the system in other countries but here it is a bit shambolic. If I get sick before 6pm I go to my dedicated cancer hospital. After 6pm or weekends I go to any A&E. So they told me from the start 'dont get sick after 6pm' and I didn't oblige. They told me tell A&E you are an oncology patient under Dr X so I thought I would go to A&E and the cancer team would breeze into the reception and whisk me off on a trolley to a special isolation area probably with games and bean bags. Turns out I was wrong. They had me in the waiting area of James's with not one but two prisoners with 6 prison guards and various other drunks and reprobates. Then I got the call after an hour and got brought into a new section where the nurse stabbed me badly for blood and said hopefully we will have a bed soon and put me in a new waiting area. I thought thank fùck those prisone...no sooner had a I thought it the two lads were moved to this tiny area beside me no accompanied by a mental drunk lad in a suit shouting THAT'S IT and OOOOOOHHHHHH :lol: A memory I will treasure. Anyway that was the night- me with a worsening temp and compromised immunity with all the mad bastards of Dublin. At 6am they put me on a trolley and said you have sepsis. Without missing a beat I said after last night I am not surprised. She took the time to explain I had the infection already which was nice. Silver lining was I was transferred to Luke's on Friday and had to be given a private room as I had to be in isolation after James's 8)
Two days in here I appear to have sorted puking my face off during the day and might even stuck my hands down my pants later :thumbup:

Hadn't realised you had gone public, stay strong!
Was checking if Jumper had joined this thread after today's result.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2019 8:25 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 24492
Kiwias wrote:
EverReady wrote:
Kiwias wrote:
A close friend of my wife was diagnosed with cancer 21 days ago, apparently a rare type and one that spreads incredibly fast. She died yesterday at the age of 52 and this has not been good for my wife's depression. We will attend the wake in two days time and must admit I am not looking forward to it.

ER
Wishing you all the best mate in your battle. Kick the evil fucker in the balls once for me and once for my wife.


Will do :thumbup:


Good man. Ms. Kiwias wishes you all the best too.

I just checked and her friend had sarcoma.


Here I have that :x :lol:

Thanks LC. Treatment a bit brutal but tipping through it


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2019 12:58 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 23372
Location: SOB>Todd
EverReady wrote:
My wife was a little 'man uppish' for a few days :lol: Look the treatment is shite but unlike some of the people I am hanging out with the prognosis is good. I am going in and out to a cancer hospital in leafy Rathgar. The serenity is somewhat punctured by the sickness in the walls. The kids I see knocking around are good for any self pity. Actually on the radiotherapy machine they have all stickers for the kids and that gave me a big jolt of man up. They should show me one child each day

We've probably seen eachother when out there ER. :lol:
Good on ya man, that mask is no joke and neither is the radiation.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2019 1:00 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 23372
Location: SOB>Todd
Shite ER, read on in the thread and see your A&E horror. :uhoh: :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2019 1:22 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 24492
Floppykid wrote:
EverReady wrote:
My wife was a little 'man uppish' for a few days :lol: Look the treatment is shite but unlike some of the people I am hanging out with the prognosis is good. I am going in and out to a cancer hospital in leafy Rathgar. The serenity is somewhat punctured by the sickness in the walls. The kids I see knocking around are good for any self pity. Actually on the radiotherapy machine they have all stickers for the kids and that gave me a big jolt of man up. They should show me one child each day

We've probably seen eachother when out there ER. :lol:
Good on ya man, that mask is no joke and neither is the radiation.


Have you had it done? Are we mask buddies :o


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2019 1:46 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 23372
Location: SOB>Todd
EverReady wrote:
Floppykid wrote:
EverReady wrote:
My wife was a little 'man uppish' for a few days :lol: Look the treatment is shite but unlike some of the people I am hanging out with the prognosis is good. I am going in and out to a cancer hospital in leafy Rathgar. The serenity is somewhat punctured by the sickness in the walls. The kids I see knocking around are good for any self pity. Actually on the radiotherapy machine they have all stickers for the kids and that gave me a big jolt of man up. They should show me one child each day

We've probably seen eachother when out there ER. :lol:
Good on ya man, that mask is no joke and neither is the radiation.


Have you had it done? Are we mask buddies :o

You and my mam are mask buddies (don't get any ideas), though it's brain radiation for her.
When she was initially taken in she had to run the James' A&E gauntlet herself.
Some young wan off her head on ket/yokes going mental in the room beside her, stripping all her clothes off and begging for Xanex so she could leave. :lol: :uhoh:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2019 2:55 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 13324
Best of luck with the treatment ER, go easy on Floppy’s ma.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2019 3:05 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 24492
:lol: to both. Is she far in?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2019 3:13 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 23372
Location: SOB>Todd
EverReady wrote:
:lol: to both. Is she far in?

She's finished the radiation.
The tumour was removed and then there was a 12 sessions of radiation for this.
She went through a very arduous 5 week radiation and Chemo for her original lung cancer.

They've left if open for highly localised radiation in the surgery cavity at a later date if/when cancerous cells start becoming detectable.
When it's secondary brain cancer treatment's limited unfortunately, chemo is there and ready to go possibly, but for now it's wait/see and hope. (first check in is in a week.)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2019 3:25 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 24492
Floppykid wrote:
EverReady wrote:
:lol: to both. Is she far in?

She's finished the radiation.
The tumour was removed and then there was a 12 sessions of radiation for this.
She went through a very arduous 5 week radiation and Chemo for her original lung cancer.

They've left if open for highly localised radiation in the surgery cavity at a later date if/when cancerous cells start becoming detectable.
When it's secondary brain cancer treatment's limited unfortunately, chemo is there and ready to go possibly, but for now it's wait/see and hope. (first check in is in a week.)


Good luck!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2019 3:29 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 23372
Location: SOB>Todd
Thanks man, you too.

For myself I've piled on a shit tonne of weight.
So much so all my jocks are slipping down off my duck arse without a belt to hold them in place.
Saw some recent pictures and I've developed a right set of bangers that even show up through hoodies. :lol:
Without Jezza on anymore I might have a decent excuse to start taking up gym again.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2019 3:44 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 24492
The stress of that you are allowed get a fat hole for a while


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2019 3:46 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 23372
Location: SOB>Todd
I look like a f**king van driver.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2162 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55  Next

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], bok_viking, Clogs, Cullen, Google Adsense [Bot], Gordon Bennett, inshane, Jay Cee Gee, knockout, Rinkals, Shrekles, Sonny Blount, Stjudes, The Native, Traveller, UncleFB, Wilderbeast, Willie Falloon, WoodlandsRFC, Zakar and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group