Chat Forum
It is currently Thu Nov 21, 2019 3:03 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 406442 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9710, 9711, 9712, 9713, 9714, 9715, 9716 ... 10162  Next
PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2019 5:31 pm 

RichieRich89 wrote:
Saw this on Munsterfans from a poster called dermotmccarthy:

Premiership with 3 sides in Pot 2:
Pot 1: T14 No 1, Saracens, T14 No 2, Leinster, Glasgow
Pot 2: Exeter, Gloucester, Northampton, Lyon, Munster
Pot 3: La Rochelle, Racing 92, Ulster, Connacht, Quins
Pot 4: Benetton, Montpellier, Bath, Ospreys, Sale

Pro 14 with 3 sides in Pot 2:
Pot 1: T14 No 1, Exeter, Saracens, Leinster, T14 No 2
Pot 2: Glasgow, Munster, Ulster, Lyon, Gloucester
Pot 3: La Rochelle, Northampton, Racing 92, Connacht, Quins

Top 14 with 3 sides in Pot 2:
Pot 1: T14 No 1, Leinster, Glasgow, Exeter, Saracens
Pot 2: T14 No 2, Lyon, La Rochelle, Gloucester, Munster
Pot 3: Northampton, Connacht, Ulster, Racing 92, Quins

Leaving aside pot 4, from which you can draw anyone, I think the provinces have to draw one French and one English team.

I hope we draw either La Rochelle or Lyon as they would be love away trips. Ideally:

Lyon
Quins
Anyone but Montpelier.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2019 5:35 pm 

This may be of interest to some. I applied for a passport online for the older lad on Tuesday night and it was in the post box at around 11 am on Thursday morning. That is some service!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2019 5:46 pm 

Liathroidigloine wrote:
This may be of interest to some. I applied for a passport online for the older lad on Tuesday night and it was in the post box at around 11 am on Thursday morning. That is some service!

:shock:

Is he from Narnia?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2019 6:34 pm 

Liathroidigloine wrote:

Had a similar experience with a passport express renewal last year.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2019 7:05 pm 

Just want to say those who keep referring to the “minor provinces” there is one minor province whose name is still powerful and retains credibility..! One of the greatest pieces of advice in Hollywood was, be nice to everyone, because inevitably you will go down and it’s important that you conduct yourself the same way as you went up as you went down.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2019 7:18 pm 

The passport office is probably overstaffed as the mad rush of prods from the north apply for an Irish one has calmed down a bit! :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2019 7:39 pm 

CM11 wrote:
Liathroidigloine wrote:

Had a similar experience with a passport express renewal last year.

Applied online last Friday week and got mine in the post on Tuesday. Got my passport card yesterday. It’s an incredible turnaround.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2019 9:43 pm 

Brian Deeny(Leinster/Wexford/Clontarf/U19) called up to u20 squad.
No sign of 2nd replacement yet.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2019 10:21 pm 

boringperson12 wrote:
The passport office is probably overstaffed as the mad rush of prods from the north apply for an Irish one has calmed down a bit! :lol:

They expected demand for adult passports and staffed for that but it's actually kids passports where the demand is and they got caught there, specifically for very young children.
We were waiting ages for the wee man's passport.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2019 8:15 am 

Adetroy wrote:
Just want to say those who keep referring to the “minor provinces” there is one minor province whose name is still powerful and retains credibility..! One of the greatest pieces of advice in Hollywood was, be nice to everyone, because inevitably you will go down and it’s important that you conduct yourself the same way as you went up as you went down.

Bent

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2019 8:33 am 

If that cunt Boris gets in it’ll push a whole load more people into covering their bases.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2019 9:01 am 

Aint no ifs about it.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2019 9:10 am 

Adetroy wrote:

Ok how about the symbiotic or feeder provinces.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2019 9:17 am 

lorcanoworms wrote:
Adetroy wrote:

Leinster are Ulster's feeder province. Typical of us; produce very little, live in denial and leech of the richest kingdom in the land.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2019 9:17 am 

lorcanoworms wrote:
Adetroy wrote:

Are we not the feeder province too though?

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2019 9:23 am 

CM11 wrote:
lorcanoworms wrote:
Adetroy wrote:

Are we not the feeder province too though?

Yeah, I was struggling with feedees/ fed etc and just gave up.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2019 9:33 am 

boringperson12 wrote:
lorcanoworms wrote:
Adetroy wrote:

Leinster are Ulster's feeder province. Typical of us; produce very little, live in denial and leech of the richest kingdom in the land.

Meh, most of them are squad fodder.

Wasn't that long ago that Leinster were signing Isaac Boss, Ed O'Donaghue and Simon Shawe (fro Ballymena)

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2019 9:37 am 

Willie Falloon wrote:
boringperson12 wrote:
lorcanoworms wrote:
Adetroy wrote:

Wasn't that long ago that Leinster were signing Isaac Boss, Ed O'Donaghue and Simon Shawe (fro Ballymena)

Quote:
live in denial

Just to prove my point, well done.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2019 9:39 am 

Willie Falloon wrote:
boringperson12 wrote:
lorcanoworms wrote:
Adetroy wrote:

In a way you could have included Paddy Wallace, but you are pushing it a bit with Boss.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2019 9:47 am 

Willie Falloon wrote:
boringperson12 wrote:
lorcanoworms wrote:
Adetroy wrote:

First 2 not from Ulster and we never signed the third. He provided injury cover on a temporary basis for one season.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2019 10:11 am 

CM11 wrote:
Willie Falloon wrote:
boringperson12 wrote:
lorcanoworms wrote:
Adetroy wrote:

First 2 not from Ulster and we never signed the third. He provided injury cover on a temporary basis for one season.

Shifting the goalposts nicely considering Nagle is often included when considering Ulster’s Leinster* players

*and yes, he’s not “from” Leinster

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2019 10:16 am 

Ulsters Red Hand wrote:

Shifting the goalposts nicely considering Nagle is often included when considering Ulster’s Leinster* players

I'm not sure how I've shifted any goalposts, it's impossible to feed another province using resources that you didn't create. If you can find a quote where I've said Nagle was a Leinster player fed to Ulster, go for it.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2019 10:16 am 

Sight one example of a post from any Leinster man claiming Nagle.

Don't try your bluster here

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2019 10:18 am 

Not me, I would not include the Naglemeister on the includingest day of my life with an electrified including machine.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2019 10:25 am 

CM11 wrote:
Ulsters Red Hand wrote:

I'm not sure how I've shifted any goalposts, it's impossible to feed another province using resources that you didn't create. If you can find a quote where I've said Nagle was a Leinster player fed to Ulster, go for it.

I never said you did it but i’m pretty sure irua has in the past, though happy to be proved wrong

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2019 10:27 am 

Mullet 2 wrote:
Sight one example of a post from any Leinster man claiming Nagle.

Don't try your bluster here

Cite

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2019 10:33 am 

I'll take that as a no then shall I

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2019 10:54 am 

Ulsters Red Hand wrote:
CM11 wrote:
Ulsters Red Hand wrote:

I never said you did it but i’m pretty sure irua has in the past, though happy to be proved wrong

Bollix I did.

Ulser have plenty of leinster players no need to include a player from munster

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2019 11:03 am 

Willie Falloon wrote:

:lol:

Good man Willie.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2019 11:01 pm 

Did we slip off the 1st page...? Ah no, sorry my mistake.... ;)

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 3:35 pm 

No sign of the 20s team yet

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 5:28 pm 

I heard that Damian De Allende signed a 3 year deal with Munster, haven't read anything about it so might be bullshit.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 5:47 pm 

He’s shit. Sounds like Munster.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 7:41 pm 

Bullettyme wrote:
I heard that Damian De Allende signed a 3 year deal with Munster, haven't read anything about it so might be bullshit.

Wouldn’t think much of that. If you’re going to the market surely you’re looking for a lad with hands. A second 5/8. He’s a mccloskey. Big bulk. Good carrier. Honest. Flawed defensively.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 8:13 pm 

IRELAND UNDER-20 Team & Replacements (v England Under-20s, 2019 World Rugby U-20 Championship – 5th-8th Place Play-Off, Club Old Resian, Rosario, Argentina, Monday, June 17, kick-off 3.30pm local time/7.30pm Irish time):

15. Jake Flannery (Rockwell/Shannon/Munster)
14. Aaron O’Sullivan (Exile/UCD/Leinster) *
13. Liam Turner (Blackrock/Dublin University/Leinster) (capt)
12. David Ryan (St. Michaels/UCD/Leinster)
11. Jonathan Wren (PBC/Cork Constitution/Munster)
10. Ben Healy (Glenstal/Garryowen/Munster)
9. Craig Casey (Ardscoil Ris/Shannon/Munster)
1. Michael Milne (CC Roscrea/UCD/Leinster)
2. Dylan Tierney-Martin (Corinthians/Connacht)
3. Charlie Ward (Tullow RFC/Clontarf/Leinster) - u19
4. Charlie Ryan (Blackrock/UCD/Leinster) (capt)
5. Thomas Ahern (Waterpark RFC/Shannon/Munster) - u19
6. Ryan Baird (St. Michaels/Dublin University/Leinster)
7. Ronan Watters (St. Marys/St. Mary’s College/Leinster)
8. Azur Allison (Ballymena/Ballymena/Ulster)

Replacements:
16. Declan Adamson (Clontarf RFC/Clontarf/Leinster)
17. Thomas Clarkson (Blackrock/Dublin University/Leinster) - u19
18. Josh Wycherley (CC Roscrea/Young Munster/Munster)
19. John McKee (Campbell/Old Belvedere/Leinster) - u19
20. Brian Deeny (Wexford RFC/Clontarf/Leinster) - u19
21. Niall Murray (Buccaneers/Connacht)
22. Luke Clohessy (Ardscoil Ris/Shannon/Munster)
24. Colm Reilly (Buccaneers/Connacht)
25. Rob Russell (St. Michaels/Dublin University/Leinster)
26. Cormac Foley (St. Gerards/St. Mary’s College/Leinster)
27. Angus Kernohan (Ballymena/Queen’s University/Ulster)
28. Max O’Reilly (St. Gerards/Dublin University/Leinster) - u19

Last edited by irishrugbyua on Mon Jun 17, 2019 9:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 10:17 pm 

Larkham had no say in the selections and found out who was in the team when the players did. That was one of the main causes in them falling out.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 11:20 pm 

Lazy Couch potato wrote:
Bullettyme wrote:

Wouldn’t think much of that. If you’re going to the market surely you’re looking for a lad with hands. A second 5/8. He’s a mccloskey. Big bulk. Good carrier. Honest. Flawed defensively.

He's improved in recent years but really strange decision for the kind of game we're looking to play.

Also makes zero sense to railroad through before Larkham's in post.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2019 4:27 am 

Bullettyme wrote:

That has to be bullshit.

Munster can't be spending more money on foreigners.

Has to be a story planted by some bitter Leinster fan surely. ;)

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2019 7:12 am 

camroc1 wrote:
Part of the reason is that we ended up as 4th seeds for this years event which meant we had 3 notionally better teams in our group. Eng, Ire, and OZ (and even not forgetting Italy who are good u/a) makes for a very hard hitting group, and we got a shit scedule, because of our 4th ranking as well I presume.

Schedule is same for all teams

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2019 9:48 am 

Uncle Fester wrote:
boringperson12 wrote:

They expected demand for adult passports and staffed for that but it's actually kids passports where the demand is and they got caught there, specifically for very young children.
We were waiting ages for the wee man's passport.

Same with us last year. Ages and ages. Almost missed a holiday, would have done if I didn't have a friend of a friend who worked there.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 406442 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9710, 9711, 9712, 9713, 9714, 9715, 9716 ... 10162  Next