Chat Forum
It is currently Wed Nov 13, 2019 1:36 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 7043 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 166, 167, 168, 169, 170, 171, 172 ... 177  Next
PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2019 1:53 pm 

Very good! was it tender?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2019 2:11 pm 

Went to a braai done by an Irishman. Never knew pork sausages to could turn so black, so quickly. But they were strangely tasty come dinner time. Perhaps it was the beer.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2019 9:00 pm 

assfly wrote:
Went to a braai done by an Irishman. Never knew pork sausages to could turn so black, so quickly. But they were strangely tasty come dinner time. Perhaps it was the beer.

Sure they weren't blood sausages? x(

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2019 9:16 pm 

Blood sausages are delicious. The English have a black one that is so flippen lekker.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2019 7:57 am 

Pofadder is much better.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2019 8:06 am 

saffer13 wrote:

:lol: No, they were lovely and pink until they were launched onto the grill that had volcanic temperatures.
Lemoentjie wrote:
Blood sausages are delicious. The English have a black one that is so flippen lekker.

Delicious. The best I ever had was at a French restaurant in London. But never tried them on a braai.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2019 4:47 pm 

Blood sausages are just something I have never wanted try to. Can't get over the whole just blood thing.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2019 4:54 pm 

assfly wrote:
saffer13 wrote:

:lol: No, they were lovely and pink until they were launched onto the grill that had volcanic temperatures.
Lemoentjie wrote:

Delicious. The best I ever had was at a French restaurant in London. But never tried them on a braai.

Neither have I. Weekend culinary experiment booked in.

(Fyi, we call it black pudding)

There's also white pudding which is basically the same, without the blood

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 9:26 pm 

Quote:
When you cook your meat over an open flame or very high temperatures, the proteins can develop heterocyclic amines (HCAs) as well as polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons (PAHs).

In short, these chemicals can change the DNA of a person and in the process, increases the risk of cancer development. If you have to use the BBQ, close the lid and use it as an oven. You’ll get the same smoky taste, minus all the bad stuff

Anyone want to comment on this?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2019 6:07 am 

Sards wrote:
Quote:
When you cook your meat over an open flame or very high temperatures, the proteins can develop heterocyclic amines (HCAs) as well as polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons (PAHs).

In short, these chemicals can change the DNA of a person and in the process, increases the risk of cancer development. If you have to use the BBQ, close the lid and use it as an oven. You’ll get the same smoky taste, minus all the bad stuff

No.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2019 6:30 am 

Sards wrote:
Quote:

Is it the AIDS? No = no comment.

Is it the AIDS? Yes. Is it the bad kind? No = no comment.

Is it the AIDS? Yes. Is it the bad kind? Yes = fvck, might as well BBQ a lot.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2019 6:36 am 

Sards wrote:
Quote:

Well then, I guess that doesn't apply to us?

I'll tell my mates in the UK to take necessary precautions. Mind you, they normally BBQ with a lid on to stop the rain from getting in .

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2019 8:43 am 

assfly wrote:
Sards wrote:
Quote:

Well then, I guess that doesn't apply to us?

I'll tell my mates in the UK to take necessary precautions. Mind you, they normally BBQ with a lid on to stop the rain from getting in .

That's probably why they have no color in their skin. And they drink tea ffs.

My doc is filling my mind with this stuff currently.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2019 8:55 am 

There's a study that claims that every time you breath you inhale a certain amount of toxins that causes lung cancer. You should stop breathing Sards then there will be more meat for us who don't give a fuck.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2019 10:12 am 

Bought one of these:

The build quality seems quite high, 25% discount. I like that I can raise and lower the coals, thus avoiding the above mentioned Irish sausage problem. Also can add and rearrange the coals without taking up the grill.

Any tips for keeping the smoke levels down? Oil / fat obviously a cause but wondered if there's anything else that can be done. It's on the roof and my neighbours are kopping some smoke in their houses.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2019 11:30 am 

Average Joe wrote:
There's a study that claims that every time you breath you inhale a certain amount of toxins that causes lung cancer. You should stop breathing Sards then there will be more meat for us who don't give a fuck.

Friday night is steak night.
We went in the afternoon to get the steak for our dinner and the missus showed me the size steak I could eat. I said I would rather die happy

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2019 11:43 am 

Leffe wrote:
Bought one of these:

The build quality seems quite high, 25% discount. I like that I can raise and lower the coals, thus avoiding the above mentioned Irish sausage problem. Also can add and rearrange the coals without taking up the grill.

Any tips for keeping the smoke levels down? Oil / fat obviously a cause but wondered if there's anything else that can be done. It's on the roof and my neighbours are kopping some smoke in their houses.

Ummm...it's a smoker :uhoh:

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2019 12:12 pm 

Sandstorm wrote:
Leffe wrote:
Bought one of these:

I am planning to smoke chicken breast today. A nice spicy rub and oak barrel smoke chips....I know....would prefer a different wood chip but that was all that is available.....Got the rub ingredients. Just need to smoke it for an hour and a quarter at 100'C....

Plan is for some smoked chicken breast on Low GI wholewheat bread with salad from the garden for sammies this week coming.

Regards the pic above...where is the exhaust vent to make it a smoker

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2019 2:03 pm 

Sandstorm wrote:
Leffe wrote:
Bought one of these:

No, you cook over coals. :thumbup:

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2019 2:06 pm 

Sards wrote:
Sandstorm wrote:
Leffe wrote:
Bought one of these:

I am planning to smoke chicken breast today. A nice spicy rub and oak barrel smoke chips....I know....would prefer a different wood chip but that was all that is available.....Got the rub ingredients. Just need to smoke it for an hour and a quarter at 100'C....

Plan is for some smoked chicken breast on Low GI wholewheat bread with salad from the garden for sammies this week coming.

Regards the pic above...where is the exhaust vent to make it a smoker

:lol: It's a BBQ, not a smoker.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2019 2:35 pm 

:lol: Oops. In that case you should use the microwave instead. Wood and coals give off smoke when you set fire to them.

Best option is to knock on the neighbours door and suggest they take in their washing and close their windows.
Then invite them over to sample some wares. They won't ever moan again. :thumbup:

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2019 2:58 pm 

Sandstorm wrote:
:lol: Oops. In that case you should use the microwave instead. Wood and coals give off smoke when you set fire to them.

Best option is to knock on the neighbours door and suggest they take in their washing and close their windows.
Then invite them over to sample some wares. They won't ever moan again. :thumbup:

I have an arrangement to let them know, but this is a very tight area, especially for them. Once the smoke is in, it stays. :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2019 3:00 pm 

Well that was painless. A bit too spicy for the missus but perfect for me.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2019 3:06 pm 

Leffe wrote:
Sandstorm wrote:

I have an arrangement to let them know, but this is a very tight area, especially for them. Once the smoke is in, it stays. :lol:

Take your BBQ out into the street and cook on the footpath like a normal Dutch person

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2019 3:31 pm 

sewa wrote:
Leffe wrote:
Sandstorm wrote:

Take your BBQ out into the street and cook on the footpath like a normal Dutch person

Ive got a small one out there, works well but th missus wants to make the terrce nice and stuff. Plus it's only when you sit out hefront through the summer, that you realise how mny nutters are walking around....

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2019 4:20 pm 

Leffe wrote:
sewa wrote:

Ive got a small one out there, works well but th missus wants to make the terrce nice and stuff. Plus it's only when you sit out hefront through the summer, that you realise how mny nutters are walking around....

I've the same right to use that street as you have :x

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2019 8:13 am 

Sards wrote:

Damn that chicken was tasty....going to do this a lot more

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2019 8:27 am 

Sards wrote:
Sards wrote:

Looks like a stormers kinda meal. 2/10 WNB

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2019 10:16 am 

sorCrer wrote:
Sards wrote:

Looks like a stormers kinda meal. 2/10 WNB

Tastes one hell of a lot better than plain chicken...no culture dude...whats the point in settling for less when with the minimum amount of effort you can tantalise your taste buds...at my age I eat less but prefer to eat a little bit of something enjoyable.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2019 10:25 am 

Had to braai my own roasts for fathers day

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2019 10:51 am 

Long weekend, so had to do my bit.

Steaks Saturday evening, Lamb Shank potjie on Sunday and Curry Pork Chops Monday evening.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2019 12:41 pm 

handyman wrote:

Steaks Saturday evening, Lamb Shank potjie on Sunday and Curry Pork Chops Monday evening.

:thumbup:

I did rump, chicken and prawn skewers served with a pear & goat's cheese salad.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2019 12:52 pm 

I threw what I thought to be a nice steak on the coals, but it was horrifically tough and my teeth still hurt x(

So sick of shit beef here.

Even a Spur steak would taste like heaven.

Looks like I'll have to stick to chicken, pork and goat.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2019 3:09 pm 

sorCrer wrote:
handyman wrote:

Never understood chicken & prawn skewers, by the time the chicken is cooked the prawns are cooked to death.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2019 3:10 pm 

Chilli wrote:
sorCrer wrote:
handyman wrote:

Never understood chicken & prawn skewers, by the time the chicken is cooked the prawns are cooked to death.

I don't think Saucer is too big on cooking his meat properly

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2019 4:05 pm 

Chilli wrote:
sorCrer wrote:
handyman wrote:

Not together. Chicken skewers, rump skewers and prawn skewers.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2019 4:12 pm 

Big Nipper wrote:
Chilli wrote:
sorCrer wrote:
handyman wrote:

I don't think Saucer is too big on cooking his meat properly

Well medium rare leaning towards rare if that's what you mean. Certainly not anything over that.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2019 4:27 pm 

Chilli wrote:
sorCrer wrote:
handyman wrote:

I just couldn't bring myself to comment...I mean...wtf

edit
But I see Sauce explained

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2019 4:28 pm 

sorCrer wrote:
Chilli wrote:
sorCrer wrote:
handyman wrote:

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2019 4:49 pm 

sorCrer wrote:
Chilli wrote:
sorCrer wrote:
handyman wrote:

It was clear, or should have been to most, that you meant not together. :thumbup:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 7043 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 166, 167, 168, 169, 170, 171, 172 ... 177  Next