Chat Forum
It is currently Sat Dec 07, 2019 3:35 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 61287 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1477, 1478, 1479, 1480, 1481, 1482, 1483 ... 1533  Next
PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2019 9:33 pm 

paddyor wrote:
Duff Paddy wrote:
EverReady wrote:
Duff Paddy wrote:
Have they said why

Mechanical failure I heard that is now fixed but about 20% of water in system untreated. Obviously it is a shit show but some of social media posts are brilliant. One was telling everybody about the terrible headache she now had and another was 'absolutely terrified'

Can you imagine the absolute meltdown that will happen as soon as someone points out that this is all because they didn’t want to pay water charges

Gimme the hashtag ER.

It's all on Irish Waters twinter. Loads of 'UR a bleedin JOKE'

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2019 9:33 pm 

HighKingLeinster wrote:
Duff Paddy wrote:
Have they said why

ER pissed in the reservoir last weekend

I did which is making this slightly worse

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2019 9:36 pm 

EverReady wrote:
paddyor wrote:
Duff Paddy wrote:
EverReady wrote:
Duff Paddy wrote:
Have they said why

Mechanical failure I heard that is now fixed but about 20% of water in system untreated. Obviously it is a shit show but some of social media posts are brilliant. One was telling everybody about the terrible headache she now had and another was 'absolutely terrified'

Can you imagine the absolute meltdown that will happen as soon as someone points out that this is all because they didn’t want to pay water charges

Gimme the hashtag ER.

It's all on Irish Waters twinter. Loads of 'UR a bleedin JOKE'

Any 'glad we won the battle to not pay those jokers!'?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2019 9:40 pm 

If all else fails, drink it from the sky. I’m in the part of North Dublin where the Catholic Church is a large land owner so I’ll be grand :thumbup:

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2019 9:50 pm 

Prime time tonight making very uncomfortable viewing for the gardai- seem to have ignored the Quinn situation until it became very serious. Some evil fuckers up there, the idea that this didn’t involve Sean Quinn at some level seems preposterous

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2019 9:51 pm 

Duff Paddy wrote:
Prime time tonight making very uncomfortable viewing for the gardai- seem to have ignored the Quinn situation until it became very serious. Some evil fuckers up there, the idea that this didn’t involve Sean Quinn at some level seems preposterous

Hes a dodgy bastard. Some high profile GAA figures up north support Quinn as well

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2019 10:02 pm 

Duff Paddy wrote:

A friend of mine went to look at a second hand Jeep on Done Deal a few months ago(only brought it up a few weeks back) in Rathoath. He said he’d noticed the house where he was picking up the Jeep for a test drive had some smoke and fire damage a few weeks previously to the dealer. The guy living there had been appointed to work at One of Quinn’s firms a few months previously.....hence the discount on the jeep.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2019 10:06 pm 

iarmhiman wrote:
Duff Paddy wrote:

Hes a dodgy bastard. Some high profile GAA figures up north support Quinn as well

Anyone from that border region including a lot of north Meath supports Quinn. They love him. As TSG points out you can’t support an insurance business with illiquid assets like property or privately held companies. But it was the type of logic that appeals to a lot of thick cunts. Property and “jabs” trumps business logic.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2019 9:28 am 

I used to work in/around/across the border, Quinn was f**king revered basically. He could do no wrong, anything said against him was a Dublin conspiracy, and because I was from Dublin I obviously was against him.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2019 9:37 am 

https://www.msn.com/en-ie/news/world/pa ... spartanntp

This is the sort of "choice" that I fully support. What a brave woman, took as much as she could and then decided to check out.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2019 10:10 am 

danthefan wrote:
I used to work in/around/across the border, Quinn was f**king revered basically. He could do no wrong, anything said against him was a Dublin conspiracy, and because I was from Dublin I obviously was against him.

When I had health insurance with them they seemed to cover little or nothing and tried to weasel out and delay, Laya was so much better and cheaper.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2019 10:22 am 

Liathroidigloine wrote:
https://www.msn.com/en-ie/news/world/paralympic-champion-marieke-vervoort-dies-by-euthanasia/ar-AAJbSRv?ocid=spartanntp

This is the sort of "choice" that I fully support. What a brave woman, took as much as she could and then decided to check out.

Stop posting shite like this - this is the thread for business and current affairs in Ireland not your ideological crusade

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2019 11:08 am 

Duff Paddy wrote:
Liathroidigloine wrote:
https://www.msn.com/en-ie/news/world/paralympic-champion-marieke-vervoort-dies-by-euthanasia/ar-AAJbSRv?ocid=spartanntp

Stop posting shite like this - this is the thread for business and current affairs in Ireland not your ideological crusade

:lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2019 11:17 am 

What do lads make of Molex and Novartis letting jobs go? A result of a global manufacturing slowdown or local uncompetitiveness? Not very helpful for the Dublin-Rest of Ireland divide either.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2019 11:23 am 

Bwen wrote:
What do lads make of Molex and Novartis letting jobs go? A result of a global manufacturing slowdown or local uncompetitiveness? Not very helpful for the Dublin-Rest of Ireland divide either.

Is it possible that it's "end of product life cycle" with cheaper manufacturing options elsewhere? I haven't a clue but got that impression from reading the reports.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2019 12:23 pm 

Bwen wrote:

Molex are switching from their old business (connecters / interconnectors) and into the new acquisitions like Phillips medisize which is electronic drug delivery systems, e-cigarettes will be big money for them also. I had heard rumours that the Shannon plant was going to get some of that manufacturing but it looks like that was wrong.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2019 12:28 pm 

That truck with the 38 dead bodies in Essex came through Rosslare with a nordie driver. Questions to be answered there.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2019 12:37 pm 

Duff Paddy wrote:
That truck with the 38 dead bodies in Essex came through Rosslare with a nordie driver. Questions to be answered there.

looks like the driver could be facing a mass murder charge

very worrying that Rosslare is being targeted by people traffickers trying to get people into the UK

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2019 12:40 pm 

rfurlong wrote:
Duff Paddy wrote:

very worrying that Rosslare is being targeted by people traffickers trying to get people into the UK

Yeah they must think we are a soft touch. How can you conceal 38 adults - what technology are they using at the port to check the truck if any?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2019 12:44 pm 

Duff Paddy wrote:
rfurlong wrote:
Duff Paddy wrote:

Yeah they must think we are a soft touch. How can you conceal 38 adults - what technology are they using at the port to check the truck if any?

IIRC they do have an X-ray scanner down there which would pick up biological signatures even in a refrigerated trailer but I guess this particular vehicle wasn't scanned.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2019 12:54 pm 

They’re saying the checks are usually done at Calais but not so much at Cherbourg so the traffickers are just bringing them in via Ireland. Surprised the brits aren’t checking on entry at Holyhead. British media will have a field day blaming the bumbling Irish but it’s equally on them and the French

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2019 12:59 pm 

Duff Paddy wrote:
They’re saying the checks are usually done at Calais but not so much at Cherbourg so the traffickers are just bringing them in via Ireland. Surprised the brits aren’t checking on entry at Holyhead. British media will have a field day blaming the bumbling Irish but it’s equally on them and the French

No European country is going to come out of this with any kudos whatsoever.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2019 2:30 pm 

Bwen wrote:

If you get 40 years out a plant that’s it’s lifetime. It’s sad but 40 years is a good innings.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2019 2:45 pm 

iarmhiman wrote:
Duff Paddy wrote:

wasnt Mickey Harte at one of his supporters marches ? I think father trendy was too now that I think of it

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2019 4:01 pm 

They're now saying that the container came into the UK from Holland but the lorry came in from Ireland.

Owner of the Scania an Irish woman as well.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2019 4:14 pm 

ticketlessinseattle wrote:
iarmhiman wrote:
Duff Paddy wrote:

wasnt Mickey Harte at one of his supporters marches ? I think father trendy was too now that I think of it

Mickey Harte is an out and out plum.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2019 4:15 pm 

iarmhiman wrote:
They're now saying that the container came into the UK from Holland but the lorry came in from Ireland.

a lot of Irish trucks are registered in Bulgaria, I believe for some tax reasons...

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2019 4:55 pm 

The Sun God wrote:
iarmhiman wrote:

a lot of Irish trucks are registered in Bulgaria, I believe for some tax reasons...

Apropos of not much but I have yet to meet a single Irishman or woman who has business dealings in Bulgaria who I would trust with the price of a luckybag.

There is something magnificently magnetic about that country and its ability to draw in chancers like cheap metal filings.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2019 8:24 pm 

CM11 wrote:
The sushi thing is parasites, not bacteria though. Apparently it has to be frozen before serving raw. By definition cooking is obviously not an option.

This. Freezing won't kill microbes.
They've dug millennia old bacteria out of glaciers in Greenland.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2019 8:32 pm 

themaddog wrote:

That tweet from the fat fück is as good an example of why we should run away from a united Ireland as any. That cünt is one of the Protestant communities leaders! Unbelievable when you read down through it. He utterly hates us and that ain't worth having to reconcile

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2019 8:41 pm 

EverReady wrote:
themaddog wrote:

That tweet from the fat fück is as good an example of why we should run away from a united Ireland as any. That cünt is one of the Protestant communities leaders! Unbelievable when you read down through it. He utterly hates us and that ain't worth having to reconcile

Every single thought in his head runs through the prism of his sectarianism

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2019 8:42 pm 

Has it even been confirmed the owner is from Ireland? Was it an Irish reg vehicle? I heard on the radio earlier it was an Irish citizen - which everyone in NI is obviously entitled to be.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2019 8:47 pm 

The saddest thing about Twitter and the internet is seeing adult, aged males act like that for reactions.

I suppose as much as a dick as he is, he probably won't be alive too much longer so we can be thankful for that.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2019 8:48 pm 

danthefan wrote:
Has it even been confirmed the owner is from Ireland? Was it an Irish reg vehicle? I heard on the radio earlier it was an Irish citizen - which everyone in NI is obviously entitled to be.

This is a situation where nationality is totally irrelevant yet it has become an issue for some particularly sad individuals. You can only hope that those responsible face the full wrath of the law, sooner rather than later, preferably in the native country of the tragic victims.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2019 8:49 pm 

Duff Paddy wrote:
EverReady wrote:
themaddog wrote:

Every single thought in his head runs through the prism of his sectarianism

The establishment made him titled. That says a lot about how they feel about us as well. I knew he was a scumbag growing up but Twitter has really woken me up to the fact he is an utter shit stain on humanity. And I say that as somebody who has only read three of the threads of stuff he has said over the last few years. Fück knows what he says the rest of the time. Anyway as I said leave them at it happy in the knowledge Northern Ireland is the 196th country in the world with an economy based on basalt and...well they can work that out but Sean Quinn is a go getter

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2019 9:51 pm 

paddyor wrote:
Bwen wrote:

If you get 40 years out a plant that’s it’s lifetime. It’s sad but 40 years is a good innings.

Novartis has been around a long time and pharma margins are getting tighter and tighter.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2019 11:34 pm 

Property types, how do you find out when a house was first listed for sale?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2019 11:59 pm 

Uncle Fester wrote:
paddyor wrote:
Bwen wrote:

Novartis has been around a long time and pharma margins are getting tighter and tighter.

It's lifecycle.

That is an old plant that makes products that have global manufacturing competition. Unless the facility can remain cost competitive with global competitors in China, India, Singapore as well as CMOs, then why would head office in Basel continue to make such a big contribution to the economy in the local Cork area?

And if the processing is returning to Novartis facilities, you then need to look at both cost and tax incentives ...

This will not be the last major job loss in the Irish Pharma sector that will be announced in the next period due to changing global dynamics; yet these job losses will be dwarfed in the mid-term by the expansion that is already under way for new facilities, especially in the biotech sector.

Ireland needs to see where the next wave of biopharma investments will go after the ones already under way, in the same way Intel here does for wafer fab investments ... microelectronics have suffered some lean investment years but a good operational track record and controlling costs for the long term have enabled future capital investment in that sector. Biopharma needs to work from a similar playbook but also adapt for the evolving playing conditions expected (as I wished Joe Schmidt had done).

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2019 9:01 am 

Luckycharmer wrote:

As in how longs it's been on the market?

For obvious reasons they don't like to tell you that.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2019 9:04 am 

Mullet 2 wrote:
Luckycharmer wrote:

As in how longs it's been on the market?

For obvious reasons they don't like to tell you that.

When I was house hunting I noticed they'd take ads down and put them back up every month or so. You can search for the address in Google and try find cached results but I think that's about it. There used to be a site called daftdrop.com that basically scraped Daft and stored all this info but it has been shut down.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 61287 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1477, 1478, 1479, 1480, 1481, 1482, 1483 ... 1533  Next