Search found 41916 matches

by Anonymous 1
Wed May 12, 2021 1:07 am
Forum: Rugby Forum
Topic: NZ Transgender Weightlifter Cleared to Compete by the IOC
Replies: 348
Views: 9561

Re: NZ Transgender Weightlifter Cleared to Compete by the IOC

:roll: Anyway, excellent article here on what Laurel Hubbard is about to face. Controversy generates online clicks and television ratings and you can bet your bottom dollar that global media outlets will have a field day with this. Here in New Zealand, where we tend to empathise with people and try...
by Anonymous 1
Tue May 11, 2021 9:21 pm
Forum: Rugby Forum
Topic: Richard Keogh awarded £2.3m in breach of contract case
Replies: 18
Views: 943

Re: Richard Keogh awarded £2.3m in breach of contract case

DragsterDriver wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 7:25 pm I don’t see why they couldn’t sack the senior player involved.
They sacked him because he had a long term injury and they didn't sack the criminals because they were still assets. It should obvious
by Anonymous 1
Tue May 11, 2021 9:18 pm
Forum: Rugby Forum
Topic: Richard Keogh awarded £2.3m in breach of contract case
Replies: 18
Views: 943

Re: Richard Keogh awarded £2.3m in breach of contract case

I wonder if they will take it to a higher court, afterall the EFL originally ruled in Derby's favour before Keogh took it to the PFA tribunal. Keogh injured himself while drunk driving, ruling himself out of the rest of the season, there's got to be some form of repercussion for that It all makes s...
by Anonymous 1
Tue May 11, 2021 3:37 pm
Forum: Rugby Forum
Topic: OFFICIAL Brexit Thread
Replies: 25162
Views: 702606

Re: OFFICIAL Brexit Thread

In the making though since 1957 Treaty of Rome. Ever Closer Union was the goal then, so anyone who says the UK joined the EEC in 1973 only as it was a trading bloc is ignorant. The plan since 1957 was ever closer union. It's documented. The UK knew what it was joining as did Ireland and Denmark sam...
by Anonymous 1
Tue May 11, 2021 2:11 pm
Forum: Rugby Forum
Topic: Line of Duty (TV) Apologies if RR
Replies: 38
Views: 832

Re: Line of Duty (TV) Apologies if RR

Between the lines was better. It had tits
by Anonymous 1
Tue May 11, 2021 2:02 pm
Forum: Rugby Forum
Topic: Swing Low goooonnnneee?
Replies: 261
Views: 10035

Re: Swing Low goooonnnneee?

I'm not twisting anything. You made it personal by saying I have no say in the naming of an England side purely because I'm not Anglo Saxon. You also said I want "Britons" to discard their history to make to make some (often illegal) immigrants happy. I'm saying Saxons refers to a group of people w...
by Anonymous 1
Tue May 11, 2021 11:47 am
Forum: Rugby Forum
Topic: Swing Low goooonnnneee?
Replies: 261
Views: 10035

Re: Swing Low goooonnnneee?

If the players (especially the black players) have an issue with it, ban it. If not, tell the PC brigade to piss off. I don't think that's how it should work. Presumably they want rugby to be inclusive. Having this repeated controversy over this song can't help. It feels like when in the spirit of ...
by Anonymous 1
Tue May 11, 2021 11:42 am
Forum: Rugby Forum
Topic: England Saxons gooooooooooooone
Replies: 40
Views: 1666

Re: England Saxons gooooooooooooone

It's was a bit strange naming a national team after your conquerors to be fair, then again they did it with the nations name. Meh, it was 1600 years ago, there comes a point in time you just have to let historical grievances go ANDy Never, never, never There's always something missing with you
by Anonymous 1
Tue May 11, 2021 11:39 am
Forum: Rugby Forum
Topic: England Saxons gooooooooooooone
Replies: 40
Views: 1666

Re: England Saxons gooooooooooooone

I remember when I first mentioned how inappropriate the choice of the name Saxons was for England A. I don't think there was one fellow England supporter who agreed. I remember when it was announced I thought it was a joke. It just sounded like the name of the EDL football team or something equally ...
by Anonymous 1
Tue May 11, 2021 6:46 am
Forum: Rugby Forum
Topic: NZ Transgender Weightlifter Cleared to Compete by the IOC
Replies: 348
Views: 9561

Re: NZ Transgender Weightlifter Cleared to Compete by the IOC

mabunch78 wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 6:40 am Female weightlifters being silenced on the issue...

https://7news.com.au/sport/olympics/ath ... -c-2795167
How are you defining female ?
by Anonymous 1
Tue May 11, 2021 6:42 am
Forum: Rugby Forum
Topic: Mike Brown, long ban incoming
Replies: 62
Views: 4918

Re: Mike Brown, long ban incoming

Elite rugby players seem to have awful problems with their balance and where they land https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jUxQHwC9m20&t=3770s Keep an eye on 6 Blue I was amazed hat woman got carded The player on the floor pulled her back causing her to lose her balance. As for your comment. Surely tha...
by Anonymous 1
Tue May 11, 2021 3:54 am
Forum: Rugby Forum
Topic: Mike Brown, long ban incoming
Replies: 62
Views: 4918

Re: Mike Brown, long ban incoming

Looks awful and is at least reckless but I would like to see some different angles before making any judgement on intent. Would need to see the different motions and Browns balance in play before throwing a player under the bus on this sort of incident. Browns long been a niggly but clean player as...
by Anonymous 1
Mon May 10, 2021 9:29 pm
Forum: Rugby Forum
Topic: NZ Transgender Weightlifter Cleared to Compete by the IOC
Replies: 348
Views: 9561

Re: NZ Transgender Weightlifter Cleared to Compete by the IOC

We are a lot younger than that mate I'm not sure what is meant by "we". There is no point that humans magically appeared -it's not like it was 97,845 years ago - on a Tuesday. There has never been a point where a non-human gave birth to a human. Yet we share a common ancestor with crustaceans. Rape...
by Anonymous 1
Mon May 10, 2021 9:23 pm
Forum: Rugby Forum
Topic: OFFICIAL Brexit Thread
Replies: 25162
Views: 702606

Re: OFFICIAL Brexit Thread

But it hasn't happened yet . You were moaning the other day about the EU not sticking up for Ukraine. Why would they when there is no EU army. And....if the EU did push forward for an EU army, you would be the very type of person who would complain about it . With you the EU can do no good and is a...
by Anonymous 1
Mon May 10, 2021 9:17 pm
Forum: Rugby Forum
Topic: NZ Transgender Weightlifter Cleared to Compete by the IOC
Replies: 348
Views: 9561

Re: NZ Transgender Weightlifter Cleared to Compete by the IOC

On this point what is your take on the current debate about maintaining 'safe spaces' for non transgender women i.e. changing rooms. What would you say to any women in sports clubs who object or feel uncomfortable that they are being asked to use open changing rooms with a pre op transgender woman?...
by Anonymous 1
Mon May 10, 2021 9:10 pm
Forum: Rugby Forum
Topic: OFFICIAL Brexit Thread
Replies: 25162
Views: 702606

Re: OFFICIAL Brexit Thread

In the making though since 1957 Treaty of Rome. Ever Closer Union was the goal then, so anyone who says the UK joined the EEC in 1973 only as it was a trading bloc is ignorant. The plan since 1957 was ever closer union. It's documented. The UK knew what it was joining as did Ireland and Denmark sam...
by Anonymous 1
Mon May 10, 2021 8:20 pm
Forum: Rugby Forum
Topic: OFFICIAL Brexit Thread
Replies: 25162
Views: 702606

Re: OFFICIAL Brexit Thread

In the making though since 1957 Treaty of Rome. Ever Closer Union was the goal then, so anyone who says the UK joined the EEC in 1973 only as it was a trading bloc is ignorant. The plan since 1957 was ever closer union. It's documented. The UK knew what it was joining as did Ireland and Denmark sam...
by Anonymous 1
Mon May 10, 2021 7:34 pm
Forum: Rugby Forum
Topic: OFFICIAL Brexit Thread
Replies: 25162
Views: 702606

Re: OFFICIAL Brexit Thread

In the making though since 1957 Treaty of Rome. Ever Closer Union was the goal then, so anyone who says the UK joined the EEC in 1973 only as it was a trading bloc is ignorant. The plan since 1957 was ever closer union. It's documented. The UK knew what it was joining as did Ireland and Denmark sam...
by Anonymous 1
Mon May 10, 2021 4:55 pm
Forum: Rugby Forum
Topic: OFFICIAL Brexit Thread
Replies: 25162
Views: 702606

Re: OFFICIAL Brexit Thread

iarmhiman wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 4:41 pm
P in VG wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 4:39 pm The irony of the Brexit boys whining about a 'mandate for a referendum' :lol:
Well SNP and the greens are pro independence and have a majority together so how isn't that a mandate?
SNP were given a mandate to govern Scotland within the UK were they not ?
by Anonymous 1
Mon May 10, 2021 4:53 pm
Forum: Rugby Forum
Topic: OFFICIAL Brexit Thread
Replies: 25162
Views: 702606

Re: OFFICIAL Brexit Thread

The irony of the Brexit boys whining about a 'mandate for a referendum' :lol: I don't think there's any irony in that. It's the same argument against a second Brexit referendum because some folk weren't happy with the first. No sympathy for people who voted no to independence on the premise that th...
by Anonymous 1
Mon May 10, 2021 3:26 pm
Forum: Rugby Forum
Topic: OFFICIAL Brexit Thread
Replies: 25162
Views: 702606

Re: OFFICIAL Brexit Thread

It's not a matter of not mentioning the DEFRA part. It was just weird I was chatting to someone at DEFRA this morning This morning I was chatting to a mate who works for DEFRA To the vast majority of people these two statements mean completely different things. Only if you are a pedantic discussing...
by Anonymous 1
Mon May 10, 2021 1:47 pm
Forum: Rugby Forum
Topic: American Cops behaving Badly (All inclusive thread)
Replies: 6633
Views: 376076

Re: American Cops behaving Badly (All inclusive thread)

Lisa Howard, who witnessed the incident, told the jury that after Atkinson fell to the floor her view was partially obscured by a parked car, but she could see his legs. She said both officers knelt around Atkinson, who other witnesses have said was apparently motionless. Howard said she heard the ...
by Anonymous 1
Mon May 10, 2021 1:30 pm
Forum: Rugby Forum
Topic: F1 Thread
Replies: 12349
Views: 623380

Re: F1 Thread

I've no idea what Bottas thought he was doing in the moment or like you how he thought it could help him in the future. And he got multiple instructions from the team letting him know Lewis was coming. If he wanted to race he should also have gone back to the team and said no, I'm not moving over, ...
by Anonymous 1
Mon May 10, 2021 1:25 pm
Forum: Rugby Forum
Topic: OFFICIAL Brexit Thread
Replies: 25162
Views: 702606

Re: OFFICIAL Brexit Thread

Was chatting to someone at Defra this morning , and they're having great fun trying to set out reality and the interconnectedness of all things, namely the thinking we can justify the actions in Jersey because we need to protect our fish stocks, and we need to protect our sea beds, both from a husb...
by Anonymous 1
Mon May 10, 2021 1:13 pm
Forum: Rugby Forum
Topic: NZ Transgender Weightlifter Cleared to Compete by the IOC
Replies: 348
Views: 9561

Re: NZ Transgender Weightlifter Cleared to Compete by the IOC

To clarify, I wasn't trying to close down debate or tell anybody they couldn't have a view on the subject. I do however stand by the word 'pontificate' because that's exactly what a lot of people (not just on here) do. It is incredibly frustrating to hear men talk about inclusion and dismiss any po...
by Anonymous 1
Mon May 10, 2021 1:10 pm
Forum: Rugby Forum
Topic: NZ Transgender Weightlifter Cleared to Compete by the IOC
Replies: 348
Views: 9561

Re: NZ Transgender Weightlifter Cleared to Compete by the IOC

To clarify, I wasn't trying to close down debate or tell anybody they couldn't have a view on the subject. I do however stand by the word 'pontificate' because that's exactly what a lot of people (not just on here) do. It is incredibly frustrating to hear men talk about inclusion and dismiss any po...
by Anonymous 1
Mon May 10, 2021 12:32 pm
Forum: Rugby Forum
Topic: NZ Transgender Weightlifter Cleared to Compete by the IOC
Replies: 348
Views: 9561

Re: NZ Transgender Weightlifter Cleared to Compete by the IOC

To clarify, I wasn't trying to close down debate or tell anybody they couldn't have a view on the subject. I do however stand by the word 'pontificate' because that's exactly what a lot of people (not just on here) do. It is incredibly frustrating to hear men talk about inclusion and dismiss any po...
by Anonymous 1
Mon May 10, 2021 11:34 am
Forum: Rugby Forum
Topic: NZ Transgender Weightlifter Cleared to Compete by the IOC
Replies: 348
Views: 9561

Re: NZ Transgender Weightlifter Cleared to Compete by the IOC

:yawn: You can't even grasp the concept of non-binary people. You're an active contributor to the abuse and marginalisation they face, as are all social conservatives. A pretend white knight. Trying hard to deflect away from your casual support of bigotry when you've been caught out so you lie and ...
by Anonymous 1
Mon May 10, 2021 10:38 am
Forum: Rugby Forum
Topic: NZ Transgender Weightlifter Cleared to Compete by the IOC
Replies: 348
Views: 9561

Re: NZ Transgender Weightlifter Cleared to Compete by the IOC

As long as this debate is minimised by saying there is no difference between trans people and those living as the sex they're born with this debate will continue. We make allowances in all walks of life and have different rules for different groups while managing to argue for their overall inclusio...
by Anonymous 1
Mon May 10, 2021 10:28 am
Forum: Rugby Forum
Topic: NZ Transgender Weightlifter Cleared to Compete by the IOC
Replies: 348
Views: 9561

Re: NZ Transgender Weightlifter Cleared to Compete by the IOC

Why was it a shit point? Because some posters only post here to attack others are score points, usually by trying to rehash some board meme about what a poster is supposed to be, rather than engaging in the actual points being made in a fair way. Because she was talking shite. You never came into i...
by Anonymous 1
Mon May 10, 2021 10:23 am
Forum: Rugby Forum
Topic: OFFICIAL Brexit Thread
Replies: 25162
Views: 702606

Re: OFFICIAL Brexit Thread

Was chatting to someone at Defra this morning , and they're having great fun trying to set out reality and the interconnectedness of all things, namely the thinking we can justify the actions in Jersey because we need to protect our fish stocks, and we need to protect our sea beds, both from a husb...
by Anonymous 1
Mon May 10, 2021 6:00 am
Forum: Rugby Forum
Topic: NZ Transgender Weightlifter Cleared to Compete by the IOC
Replies: 348
Views: 9561

Re: NZ Transgender Weightlifter Cleared to Compete by the IOC

towny wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 5:40 am
Anonymous 1 wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 5:39 am
towny wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 5:23 am
Anonymous 1 wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 5:17 am
towny wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 4:56 am

Your response to her very reasonable post made you look like an arse hole.
If I thought it was reasonable I wouldn't have told her to piss off

Which you also did.
:?
Are you suggesting that you didn’t reply “piss off” to her post?
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
by Anonymous 1
Mon May 10, 2021 5:39 am
Forum: Rugby Forum
Topic: NZ Transgender Weightlifter Cleared to Compete by the IOC
Replies: 348
Views: 9561

Re: NZ Transgender Weightlifter Cleared to Compete by the IOC

Why was it a shit point? Most of the things we "pontificate" about we know will never directly effect us. I don't need a gentle reminder that I'm a middle aged man and this particular issue we are "pontificating" about will not effect me directly. Your response to her very reasonable post made you ...
by Anonymous 1
Mon May 10, 2021 5:17 am
Forum: Rugby Forum
Topic: NZ Transgender Weightlifter Cleared to Compete by the IOC
Replies: 348
Views: 9561

Re: NZ Transgender Weightlifter Cleared to Compete by the IOC

Good work. You've successfully buried the girl and her point under a mass of eldanielstuff. It was a shit point anyway. Only edl needs a gentle reminder he has a dick. Why was it a shit point? Most of the things we "pontificate" about we know will never directly effect us. I don't need a gentle rem...
by Anonymous 1
Mon May 10, 2021 4:53 am
Forum: Rugby Forum
Topic: NZ Transgender Weightlifter Cleared to Compete by the IOC
Replies: 348
Views: 9561

Re: NZ Transgender Weightlifter Cleared to Compete by the IOC

A gentle reminder that while you’re all pontificating about fairness and inclusion, most of you will be entirely unaffected, both in terms of safety and opportunity to play sport, whatever way current or future rules and regulations go. Most of you have the luxury of talking about this from a theor...
by Anonymous 1
Mon May 10, 2021 3:23 am
Forum: Rugby Forum
Topic: NZ Transgender Weightlifter Cleared to Compete by the IOC
Replies: 348
Views: 9561

Re: NZ Transgender Weightlifter Cleared to Compete by the IOC

koroke hangareka wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 3:12 am I thought it wasn't a bad point, but really I only wanted to type "eldanielstuff".
Most of the things we "pontificate" about we know will never directly effect us. Gentle reminder not needed. I will however use "eldanielstuffed" in the future. I think it will be the new "Irished"
by Anonymous 1
Mon May 10, 2021 3:10 am
Forum: Rugby Forum
Topic: OFFICIAL Brexit Thread
Replies: 25162
Views: 702606

Re: OFFICIAL Brexit Thread

Was chatting to someone at Defra this morning , and they're having great fun trying to set out reality and the interconnectedness of all things, namely the thinking we can justify the actions in Jersey because we need to protect our fish stocks, and we need to protect our sea beds, both from a husb...
by Anonymous 1
Mon May 10, 2021 2:57 am
Forum: Rugby Forum
Topic: NZ Transgender Weightlifter Cleared to Compete by the IOC
Replies: 348
Views: 9561

Re: NZ Transgender Weightlifter Cleared to Compete by the IOC

A gentle reminder that while you’re all pontificating about fairness and inclusion, most of you will be entirely unaffected, both in terms of safety and opportunity to play sport, whatever way current or future rules and regulations go. Most of you have the luxury of talking about this from a theor...
by Anonymous 1
Sun May 09, 2021 11:28 pm
Forum: Rugby Forum
Topic: Trans Tasman Comp will be best comp
Replies: 31
Views: 1275

Re: Trans Tasman Comp will be best comp

This is going to be humiliating for Aussie
by Anonymous 1
Sun May 09, 2021 10:11 pm
Forum: Rugby Forum
Topic: Mike Brown, long ban incoming
Replies: 62
Views: 4918

Re: Mike Brown, long ban incoming

Clearly accidental