Search found 12929 matches

by Mog The Almighty
Wed Apr 14, 2021 10:44 am
Forum: Rugby Forum
Topic: Death Penalty
Replies: 161
Views: 4630

Re: Death Penalty

As far as "morals" go, there's a bee's dick of difference between locking someone is an isolated concrete box for the rest of their life and humane execution. Well this is a load of bollox. People are wrongly convicted all the time. It can be due to human error, failures in criminal technology, mis...
by Mog The Almighty
Wed Apr 14, 2021 10:30 am
Forum: Rugby Forum
Topic: Death Penalty
Replies: 161
Views: 4630

Re: Death Penalty

Ian Hislop rightfully points out that the numerous miscarriages of justice in the UK over the years makes the introduction of the death penalty a not terribly smart thing to do unless you think killing the wrong person from time to time is acceptable collateral. I think that's a cheap point. If you...
by Mog The Almighty
Wed Apr 14, 2021 9:44 am
Forum: Rugby Forum
Topic: Investing
Replies: 127
Views: 3362

Re: Investing

If I've understood your point: your decision to invest is based on a belief that investment is self-evidently socially necessary and for that reason you probably won't be backing a lame horse provided you've spread your money around a bit. My reasoning is fairly simple. It is that usually, once it ...
by Mog The Almighty
Wed Apr 14, 2021 9:11 am
Forum: Rugby Forum
Topic: Death Penalty
Replies: 161
Views: 4630

Re: Death Penalty

He world has never been less barbaric. The world is the most lawful and peace abiding it has ever been in history. The premise is wrong. The state should kill people to save money is some slippery moral slope. Apart from the personal abuse which I deleted from the quote, I agree with Bimbo. Meanwhi...
by Mog The Almighty
Wed Apr 14, 2021 9:08 am
Forum: Rugby Forum
Topic: Death Penalty
Replies: 161
Views: 4630

Re: Death Penalty

Ian Hislop and Priti Patel discuss the death penalty on Question Time https://youtu.be/YtwDrjYvFeY Perhaps we should put it to a referendum? Ian Hislop is on a panel show and priti patel is home secretary. Priti Patel has been elected to represent the likes of bimbo et al which I'm sure she does ad...
by Mog The Almighty
Wed Apr 14, 2021 9:05 am
Forum: Rugby Forum
Topic: Investing
Replies: 127
Views: 3362

Re: Investing

backrow wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 9:05 am I am presuming you would not have invested in Anacott Steel despite them being quite green, but surely you would have taken a punt on Bluestar as they had that NZ geothermal thingy , or CHOAM and their carbon filter tech IPO?
:lol: I'm done here bud.
by Mog The Almighty
Wed Apr 14, 2021 9:04 am
Forum: Rugby Forum
Topic: Investing
Replies: 127
Views: 3362

Re: Investing

I hold the view that the stock market is more or less gambling. Nobody really knows what they're doing, although some people make a good living from dressing up in suites and pretending they do. One pretty safe gamble is to invest in green energy, and I have done that, and heavily. The logic behind...
by Mog The Almighty
Wed Apr 14, 2021 8:57 am
Forum: Rugby Forum
Topic: Death Penalty
Replies: 161
Views: 4630

Re: Death Penalty

Sandstorm wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 8:56 am Killing 1 innocent person in a million seems ok right now if it involves a vaccine.
True! Solid point. However I'm not sure these chaps support vaccines either.
by Mog The Almighty
Wed Apr 14, 2021 8:55 am
Forum: Rugby Forum
Topic: Death Penalty
Replies: 161
Views: 4630

Re: Death Penalty

Margin_Walker wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 8:55 am We're talking about the real world here MOG, not hypotheticals
No, I'm literally talking about hypotheticals. What is your answer?
by Mog The Almighty
Wed Apr 14, 2021 8:53 am
Forum: Rugby Forum
Topic: Death Penalty
Replies: 161
Views: 4630

Re: Death Penalty

Ian Hislop and Priti Patel discuss the death penalty on Question Time https://youtu.be/YtwDrjYvFeY Perhaps we should put it to a referendum? Ian Hislop is on a panel show and priti patel is home secretary. Priti Patel has been elected to represent the likes of bimbo et al which I'm sure she does ad...
by Mog The Almighty
Wed Apr 14, 2021 8:51 am
Forum: Rugby Forum
Topic: Investing
Replies: 127
Views: 3362

Re: Investing

Then why even post on on this bread then and claim you had great successes by investing green and had done over numerous years ? That is kind of dick waving (statistically you’d lose this as well, sorry) Stupidly defending my totally reasonable post. I shouldn't have bothered. I must say I must hav...
by Mog The Almighty
Wed Apr 14, 2021 8:45 am
Forum: Rugby Forum
Topic: Death Penalty
Replies: 161
Views: 4630

Re: Death Penalty

Ian Hislop and Priti Patel discuss the death penalty on Question Time https://youtu.be/YtwDrjYvFeY Perhaps we should put it to a referendum? Ian Hislop is on a panel show and priti patel is home secretary. Priti Patel has been elected to represent the likes of bimbo et al which I'm sure she does ad...
by Mog The Almighty
Wed Apr 14, 2021 8:41 am
Forum: Rugby Forum
Topic: Death Penalty
Replies: 161
Views: 4630

Re: Death Penalty

Ian Hislop and Priti Patel discuss the death penalty on Question Time https://youtu.be/YtwDrjYvFeY Perhaps we should put it to a referendum? Ian Hislop is on a panel show and priti patel is home secretary. Priti Patel has been elected to represent the likes of bimbo et al which I'm sure she does ad...
by Mog The Almighty
Wed Apr 14, 2021 8:38 am
Forum: Rugby Forum
Topic: Investing
Replies: 127
Views: 3362

Re: Investing

Nice rant Mog :lol: You must admit though your track record of ‘knowing stuff’ about almost any subject , is poor - and you completely haven’t given the impression you know anything about investing on this thread, sorry. Crap. Don't confuse a bored-pile-on with being "shown wrong" about anything. I...
by Mog The Almighty
Wed Apr 14, 2021 8:18 am
Forum: Rugby Forum
Topic: Death Penalty
Replies: 161
Views: 4630

Re: Death Penalty

He world has never been less barbaric. The world is the most lawful and peace abiding it has ever been in history. The premise is wrong. The state should kill people to save money is some slippery moral slope. Apart from the personal abuse which I deleted from the quote, I agree with Bimbo. Any for...
by Mog The Almighty
Wed Apr 14, 2021 8:08 am
Forum: Rugby Forum
Topic: Death Penalty
Replies: 161
Views: 4630

Re: Death Penalty

He world has never been less barbaric. The world is the most lawful and peace abiding it has ever been in history. The premise is wrong. The state should kill people to save money is some slippery moral slope. Dear god what an idiot. The first thing is true, the second thing is not. The private pri...
by Mog The Almighty
Wed Apr 14, 2021 8:05 am
Forum: Rugby Forum
Topic: Investing
Replies: 127
Views: 3362

Re: Investing

ALl you proved mog is you don’t seem to know much about yet another topic Fingers crossed one of my dividend paying oil companies buys one of your green turds :thumbup: :roll: really? You're a case-in-point as to why my theory is sound. And you're a poser. You're a know-all pretending to know what ...
by Mog The Almighty
Wed Apr 14, 2021 7:58 am
Forum: Rugby Forum
Topic: Death Penalty
Replies: 161
Views: 4630

Re: Death Penalty

He world has never been less barbaric. The world is the most lawful and peace abiding it has ever been in history. The premise is wrong. The state should kill people to save money is some slippery moral slope. Dear god what an idiot. The first thing is true, the second thing is not. The private pri...
by Mog The Almighty
Wed Apr 14, 2021 7:54 am
Forum: Rugby Forum
Topic: Death Penalty
Replies: 161
Views: 4630

Re: Death Penalty

I think there should be the death penalty, for the most severe crimes, and only if guilt is totally unquestionable. Not as a punishment or deterrent either, as I really don't think the people that commit the kind of crimes we're talking about actually care too much. It seems to me that the original ...
by Mog The Almighty
Tue Apr 13, 2021 3:08 pm
Forum: Rugby Forum
Topic: Investing
Replies: 127
Views: 3362

Re: Investing

Mog, you do realise which companies own an awful lot of green tech & capacity don’t you ? It’s oil companies like Bp who buy up projects and firms left right and centre like Lightsource, chargemaster etc. They own 70% of the worlds green tech (annoyingly can’t find the source of this ) yet spend ab...
by Mog The Almighty
Tue Apr 13, 2021 3:05 pm
Forum: Rugby Forum
Topic: The Training Thread - all aspects of fitness and health
Replies: 26091
Views: 1181387

Re: The Training Thread - all aspects of fitness and health

mr flaps wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 2:35 pm Log press from my comp. managed 11 reps with 200lbs/91kg. Little disappointed with that, I’ve strict pressed that for 10 out of the rack.

https://youtu.be/xtRxUl2tIPE
Impressive!
by Mog The Almighty
Tue Apr 13, 2021 3:03 pm
Forum: Rugby Forum
Topic: The Training Thread - all aspects of fitness and health
Replies: 26091
Views: 1181387

Re: The Training Thread - all aspects of fitness and health

mr flaps wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 4:41 pm Car deadlift from my comp yesterday. Ended up tied for second after 5 events and had to do a last man standing keg clean and press which bumped me into third. I’d never done that event before and it was 7 minutes of hell before I tapped out.

https://youtu.be/xdrwFre3gmI
:shock:
by Mog The Almighty
Tue Apr 13, 2021 2:58 pm
Forum: Rugby Forum
Topic: Investing
Replies: 127
Views: 3362

Re: Investing

If I've understood your point: your decision to invest is based on a belief that investment is self-evidently socially necessary and for that reason you probably won't be backing a lame horse provided you've spread your money around a bit. My reasoning is fairly simple. It is that usually, once it ...
by Mog The Almighty
Tue Apr 13, 2021 1:46 pm
Forum: Rugby Forum
Topic: Investing
Replies: 127
Views: 3362

Re: Investing

If I've understood your point: your decision to invest is based on a belief that investment is self-evidently socially necessary and for that reason you probably won't be backing a lame horse provided you've spread your money around a bit. My reasoning is fairly simple. It is that usually, once it ...
by Mog The Almighty
Tue Apr 13, 2021 12:19 pm
Forum: Rugby Forum
Topic: Investing
Replies: 127
Views: 3362

Re: Investing

If I've understood your point: your decision to invest is based on a belief that investment is self-evidently socially necessary and for that reason you probably won't be backing a lame horse provided you've spread your money around a bit. My reasoning is fairly simple. It is that usually, once it ...
by Mog The Almighty
Tue Apr 13, 2021 10:53 am
Forum: Rugby Forum
Topic: Investing
Replies: 127
Views: 3362

Re: Investing

I hold the view that the stock market is more or less gambling. Nobody really knows what they're doing, although some people make a good living from dressing up in suites and pretending they do. One pretty safe gamble is to invest in green energy, and I have done that, and heavily. The logic behind...
by Mog The Almighty
Tue Apr 13, 2021 10:47 am
Forum: Rugby Forum
Topic: Investing
Replies: 127
Views: 3362

Re: Investing

I hold the view that the stock market is more or less gambling. Nobody really knows what they're doing, although some people make a good living from dressing up in suites and pretending they do. One pretty safe gamble is to invest in green energy, and I have done that, and heavily. The logic behind...
by Mog The Almighty
Tue Apr 13, 2021 10:10 am
Forum: Rugby Forum
Topic: Investing
Replies: 127
Views: 3362

Re: Investing

bimboman wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 9:34 am Mog , you’re right about “green” investment just for all the wrong reasons .
:roll: Sure they're the wrong reasons.
by Mog The Almighty
Tue Apr 13, 2021 9:18 am
Forum: Rugby Forum
Topic: Investing
Replies: 127
Views: 3362

Re: Investing

I hold the view that the stock market is more or less gambling. Nobody really knows what they're doing, although some people make a good living from dressing up in suites and pretending they do. One pretty safe gamble is to invest in green energy, and I have done that, and heavily. The logic behind ...
by Mog The Almighty
Tue Apr 13, 2021 9:03 am
Forum: Rugby Forum
Topic: Wallabies 2021 OFFICIAL thread
Replies: 530
Views: 10444

Re: Wallabies 2021 OFFICIAL thread

We all know Mog knows more than Brad Thorn... I don't think Petaia is overrated. His performances back that up. It's just that there are also a lot of performances where he tries to do too much and stuffs everything up. He'll be fine. He has masses of raw talent. But his rugby brain is t there. He ...
by Mog The Almighty
Tue Apr 13, 2021 8:27 am
Forum: Rugby Forum
Topic: Wallabies 2021 OFFICIAL thread
Replies: 530
Views: 10444

Re: Wallabies 2021 OFFICIAL thread

Whatever.

It's a completely reasonable observation. You think he's lived up to the hype? Fine. Think that if you want.

I'm sick of having a dick-measuring competition on PR over every comment.
by Mog The Almighty
Mon Apr 12, 2021 10:08 pm
Forum: Rugby Forum
Topic: Wallabies 2021 OFFICIAL thread
Replies: 530
Views: 10444

Re: Wallabies 2021 OFFICIAL thread

Petaia is the most over-rated player in Australian rugby at this moment . And quite frankly, has been since he first "burst onto the scene". I hope he comes good and lives up to the hype, I really do. It's not about being right or wrong, it's about the facts. I want him to be a world-dominating supe...
by Mog The Almighty
Mon Apr 12, 2021 1:38 pm
Forum: Rugby Forum
Topic: Prince Philip Gone
Replies: 442
Views: 13600

Re: Prince Philip Gone

Hunter and conservationalist https://www.thesouthafrican.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/04/gettyimages-3164584-594x594-1-1200x858.jpg.webp That doesn't mean shit. Firslty, that was a very different time. Posting some photo from seventy years ago means squat. Secondly, most hunters are conservationists...
by Mog The Almighty
Mon Apr 12, 2021 10:50 am
Forum: Rugby Forum
Topic: Prince Philip Gone
Replies: 442
Views: 13600

Re: Prince Philip Gone

Hunter and conservationalist https://www.thesouthafrican.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/04/gettyimages-3164584-594x594-1-1200x858.jpg.webp That doesn't mean shit. Firslty, that was a very different time. Posting some photo from seventy years ago means squat. Secondly, most hunters are conservationists...
by Mog The Almighty
Sun Apr 11, 2021 12:21 pm
Forum: Rugby Forum
Topic: Prince Philip Gone
Replies: 442
Views: 13600

Re: Prince Philip Gone

Culling or making a sport of it and celebrating it It seems to me (given only a day's research, I concede) that he, and his son Charles, are both legitimate environmentalists and conservationists that have done far more good than harm and far more good than any of us. That's the bottom line no matt...
by Mog The Almighty
Sun Apr 11, 2021 12:19 pm
Forum: Rugby Forum
Topic: The things you do ... getting old #274
Replies: 46
Views: 2153

Re: The things you do ... getting old #274

Bullshit. Until you're 60 years old you've got no idea about what it is to be 60 years old. Sitting there telling me that feeling my age is down to me not looking after myself is just jaw flapping crap. F**k you. Get old and then tell me about it. Obviously I didn't say that your "age" is down to "...
by Mog The Almighty
Sun Apr 11, 2021 12:17 pm
Forum: Rugby Forum
Topic: Prince Philip Gone
Replies: 442
Views: 13600

Re: Prince Philip Gone

Hunter and conservationalist https://www.thesouthafrican.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/04/gettyimages-3164584-594x594-1-1200x858.jpg.webp That doesn't mean shit. Firslty, that was a very different time. Posting some photo from seventy years ago means squat. Secondly, most hunters are conservationists...
by Mog The Almighty
Sun Apr 11, 2021 12:11 pm
Forum: Rugby Forum
Topic: The things you do ... getting old #274
Replies: 46
Views: 2153

Re: The things you do ... getting old #274

As usual, Mog talks shit about something he knows nothing about. What I said is bang on the money and I know plenty about it you douchebag. I just find young guys in their 30s and 40s, even their 50s, complaining about "old age" a bit pathetic tbh. Its a pet peeve. Wait until you're 80 mofo. But wh...
by Mog The Almighty
Sun Apr 11, 2021 9:05 am
Forum: Rugby Forum
Topic: The things you do ... getting old #274
Replies: 46
Views: 2153

Re: The things you do ... getting old #274

Well, obviously. That wasn't the point I was making. The point was its too young to be complaining about being old. And if one does feel that way then it's most probably because they need to look after themselves a bit better. As usual, Mog talks shit about something he knows nothing about. What I ...
by Mog The Almighty
Sat Apr 10, 2021 5:44 pm
Forum: Rugby Forum
Topic: The things you do ... getting old #274
Replies: 46
Views: 2153

Re: The things you do ... getting old #274

Well, obviously. That wasn't the point I was making. The point was its too young to be complaining about being old. And if one does feel that way then it's most probably because they need to look after themselves a bit better. As usual, Mog talks shit about something he knows nothing about. What I ...