All things Rugby
danthefan

Re: The Official Irish Rugby Thread

Post by danthefan »

I had to stop half way through that, my god :lol:
irishrugbyua

Post by irishrugbyua »

danthefan wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 7:31 pm I had to stop half way through that, my god :lol:
the first line :lol:
Gavin Duffy

Post by Gavin Duffy »

x(
Gavin Duffy

Post by Gavin Duffy »

camroc1

Post by camroc1 »

I feel I've just played an unwitting part in a sordid sexual deviancy.

Jesus Roy, you don't have to include the rest of us in your fantasies.

x( x( x(

I'm going up to run the shower.
Gavin Duffy

Post by Gavin Duffy »

Dear God, it just gets worse on second reading.
anonymous_joe

Post by anonymous_joe »

An audit of his responses would quickly detect a pattern for the scrupulous avoidance of bullshit.
Physician cure thyself.
DOB

Post by DOB »

I was waiting for the sychophantic opening to end and the actual interview to begin, but it never happened. I'd say Mrs Radge will be sending a cease-and-desist letter if Roy ever bucks up the courage to ask for a sit-down.
LeinsterLion

Post by LeinsterLion »

I couldn't read past the first few paragraphs :lol:
LeinsterLion

Post by LeinsterLion »

Nolanator wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:21 am You've got generous friends, Lino. :thumbup:
:thumbup:
Mullet 2 wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 6:33 pm Lads if I was Ulster I would be getting out the cheque book for Maloney.

I think he has got a raw deal the last couple of seasons. Lad is a fúcking horse.
Unsung hero
Gavin Duffy

Post by Gavin Duffy »

Does ireland have a journalistic version of the razzies?
Banana Man

Post by Banana Man »

Conan and Penney new contracts be announced today, and I think Toner tomorrow

Ian Costello to be Munster's new Academy Manager too, should be announced today.
irishrugbyua

Post by irishrugbyua »

Banana Man wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 10:01 am Conan and Penney new contracts be announced today, and I think Toner tomorrow

Ian Costello to be Munster's new Academy Manager too, should be announced today.

I'd expect more than two today given how many need to be extended.
irishrugbyua

Post by irishrugbyua »

EPCR European Player of the Year 2021 award nominees:

Grégory Alldritt (La Rochelle)
Levani Botia (La Rochelle)
Antoine Dupont (Toulouse)
Tadhg Furlong (Leinster Rugby)
Kevin Gourdon (La Rochelle)
Robbie Henshaw (Leinster Rugby)
Matthieu Jalibert (Bordeaux-Bègles)
Jerome Kaino (Toulouse)
Hugo Keenan (Leinster Rugby)
Julien Marchand (Toulouse)
Kotaro Matsushima (ASM Clermont Auvergne)
Romain Ntamack (Toulouse)
Raymond Rhule (La Rochelle)
Will Skelton (La Rochelle)
Josh van der Flier (Leinster Rugby)
Banana Man

Post by Banana Man »

irishrugbyua wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 10:05 am
Banana Man wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 10:01 am Conan and Penney new contracts be announced today, and I think Toner tomorrow

Oh there is a few more - just dont know who.

Leinster contracts talks been a lot smoother than other provinces and to avoid the classest/affluence road, but I am pally enough with a former squad member and we were chatting in a whats app group last night

His exact line " it is easier for some of the lads to take a pay cut, when Daddy gives you a Mercedes for your birthday"

Plus Leinster have boxed clever, quite a few of the squad, mainly the younger lads obviously, all living together and rent free. Just show up and do a round of golf at some company do a few times a year. All adds up in the "package"

Edit - not that I've an issue with it .... plough on .. its winner winner chicken dinner for Leinster like. Given where James Tracy lives, I can't imagine he got too flustered at the contract talks!
Last edited by Banana Man on Wed Apr 14, 2021 10:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
irishrugbyua

Post by irishrugbyua »

Banana Man wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 10:09 am

Leinster contracts talks been a lot smoother than other provinces and to avoid the classest/affluence road, but I am pally enough with a former squad member and we were chatting in a whats app group last night

His exact line " it is easier for some of the lads to take a pay cut, when Daddy gives you a Mercedes for your birthday"

Plus Leinster have boxed clever, quite a few of the squad, mainly the younger lads obviously, all living together and rent free. Just show up and do a round of golf at some company do a few times a year. All adds up in the "package"

Edit - not that I've an issue with it .... plough on .. its winner winner chicken dinner for Leinster like. Given where James Tracy lives, I can't imagine he got too flustered at the contract talks!
haha yeah fair :lol:
camroc1

Post by camroc1 »

Wasn't Toners one year extension announced on Monday ?
irishrugbyua

Post by irishrugbyua »

camroc1 wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 10:20 am

No, it was in the papers that it was expected but Leinster haven't announced it.
Banana Man

Post by Banana Man »

Don't think so - if it was I missed it - just reporting what I was told.
camroc1

Post by camroc1 »

irishrugbyua wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 10:20 am

No, it was in the papers that it was expected but Leinster haven't announced it.
Ah, OK, carry on.
Banana Man

Post by Banana Man »

Simon Zebo coming back to Munster
Lazy Couch potato

Post by Lazy Couch potato »

Thoughts on Costello b’man ?

Leinster punching clever with their natural advantages shouldn’t be any surprise
Banana Man

Post by Banana Man »

Lazy Couch potato wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 10:34 am Thoughts on Costello b’man ?

Leinster punching clever with their natural advantages shouldn’t be any surprise
Superb business.... we have a clatter of poor academy managers. Was going well at Wasps etc. Im delighted.
Lazy Couch potato

Banana Man wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 10:34 am Simon Zebo coming back to Munster
Really? Any chance of a baby eating hooker
Lazy Couch potato

Banana Man wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 10:35 am
Lazy Couch potato wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 10:34 am Thoughts on Costello b’man ?

Superb business.... we have a clatter of poor academy managers. Was going well at Wasps etc. Im delighted.
There’s a decent crop of younger lads so managing their progression should be a priority. But if the top man is a short term conservative what can you do
anonymous_joe

Post by anonymous_joe »

Banana Man wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 10:09 am

If you're a 22 or 23 year old in the Leinster squad most of your mates are probably living at home and going to UCD (well, to a masters at that age). Plus for people from south Dublin, there's a tendency to marry later, by houses later, etc, and to act like spoiled man children until you're early 30s anyway, so it's not like there's pressure to marry, settle-down, support a family, etc. Must make managing the players a hell of a lot easier. :lol:
Nolanator

Post by Nolanator »

https://twitter.com/Nik_Simon88/status/ ... 25571?s=19
Simon Zebo has agreed to return to Munster this summer, meaning he could force his way back into Ireland’s 2023 World Cup plans. Deal likely to be announced this week. Exclusive story on @MailSport
:lol: :lol:
Last edited by Nolanator on Wed Apr 14, 2021 10:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
danthefan

Post by danthefan »

https://twitter.com/leinsterrugby/statu ... 14017?s=09

If we ever needed to know how stupid these things are, Furlong's first game in the comp was against Exeter, so he's played 60 mins or whatever.
Bogbunny

Post by Bogbunny »

Nolanator wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 10:42 am https://twitter.com/Nik_Simon88/status/ ... 25571?s=19
Simon Zebo has agreed to return to Munster this summer, meaning he could force his way back into Ireland’s 2023 World Cup plans. Deal likely to be announced this week. Exclusive story on @MailSport
Mother of God !!
diarm

Post by diarm »

danthefan wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 10:19 am How did he play for Munster? I know his gametime was probably quite limited. Beyond McGrath and JGP Leinster have absolutely no depth at SH so good he's coming back I guess, would be more comfortable with him than HOS.
In the last 6 months he's been superb. If he maintains that form, I reckon he'll be your starting 9 by Christmas.
Nolanator

Post by Nolanator »

Bogbunny wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 10:45 am
Nolanator wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 10:42 am https://twitter.com/Nik_Simon88/status/ ... 25571?s=19
Mother of God !!
The calls for him to go to that RWC are going to be ridiculous. :lol:
Lazy Couch potato

diarm wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 10:46 am
danthefan wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 10:19 am How did he play for Munster? I know his gametime was probably quite limited. Beyond McGrath and JGP Leinster have absolutely no depth at SH so good he's coming back I guess, would be more comfortable with him than HOS.
In the last 6 months he's been superb. If he maintains that form, I reckon he'll be your starting 9 by Christmas.

McCarthy ??
Grand when pack is winning. Atrocious if it’s worse than parity would have been my opinion.
Nolanator

Post by Nolanator »

Nick McCarthy is going to be starting ahead of McGrath and JGP?

HAH!
diarm

Post by diarm »

Lazy Couch potato wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 10:47 am

McCarthy ??
Grand when pack is winning. Atrocious if it’s worse than parity would have been my opinion.
I'd have agreed with you for a long time. But his last 6 months at Munster were properly excellent. Better than anything I've seen from McGrath or Gibson Park
Bogbunny

Post by Bogbunny »

Nolanator wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 10:46 am
Mother of God !!
Hmmm, extra wide shorts please.
Banana Man

Post by Banana Man »

Nolanator wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 10:46 am
Mother of God !!
He is going to come in such bad shape we will be playing him hooker.
Lazy Couch potato

diarm wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 10:50 am
Lazy Couch potato wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 10:47 am

McCarthy ??
I'd have agreed with you for a long time. But his last 6 months at Munster were properly excellent. Better than anything I've seen from McGrath or Gibson Park
I’d say it’s been hard to tell the standard of the pro14 in the last 12 months. Bar Leinster where we get pummelled up front we’re generally pretty comfortable. McCarthy has skills I don’t deny but for a guy his age n experience I was disappointed with the level of leadership etc. That said Leinster pack is so comfortable most days I’d debatable if he’ll be exposed
Nolanator

Post by Nolanator »

Banana Man wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 10:53 am He is going to come in such bad shape we will be playing him hooker.

Solves the tight 5 issue and doesn't clog up the outside backs slots. :thumbup:

Porterbelly1

Post by Porterbelly1 »

Haley, Conway, Gallagher, Daly. Now Zebo. That’s 4 capped full backs and a very promising one in Gallagher. Is Nucifora asleep at the wheel or just being selective when he decides to nod off?