Rugby NAMA thread Revisited Rugby

All things Rugby
camroc1

Re: Rugby NAMA thread Revisited Rugby

Post by camroc1 »

General medical thought now, is that the foetus is predisposed to it in the womb, and that it will happen at birth anyway.

The Irish courts, of course, decided that there must be negligence involved so Ka ching, Kaching.

CP together with other birth defects are one of the biggest arguments for no fault compensation.
Duff Paddy

Post by Duff Paddy »

camroc1 wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 2:55 pm General medical thought now, is that the foetus is predisposed to it in the womb, and that it will happen at birth anyway.

The Irish courts, of course, decided that there must be negligence involved so Ka ching, Kaching.

CP together with other birth defects are one of the biggest arguments for no fault compensation.
Can’t be true as AJ told us just last week that it can’t be negligence if it’s a known risk.
camroc1

Post by camroc1 »

I think you'll find that lawyers have a binary view of risk. It is either 0, that is no risk, or 1, actually going to happen.

Anything in between is due to negligence somewhere.
Duff Paddy

Post by Duff Paddy »

camroc1 wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 3:09 pm I think you'll find that lawyers have a binary view of risk. It is either 0, that is no risk, or 1, actually going to happen.

Anything in between is due to negligence somewhere.
They just want money.
anonymous_joe

Post by anonymous_joe »

Duff Paddy wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 3:05 pm
camroc1 wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 2:55 pm General medical thought now, is that the foetus is predisposed to it in the womb, and that it will happen at birth anyway.

Can’t be true as AJ told us just last week that it can’t be negligence if it’s a known risk.
I don't think I said anything of the sort. :lol:

You seem to be trying to imply that the standard is the same for known side effects v incompetence. Doctors don't generally warn patients they might fúck up the birth of their child and leave the kid with cerebral palsy.
anonymous_joe

Post by anonymous_joe »

Flametop wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 2:50 pm Bit of a bonanza payout today.
€23.5m.

Not sure what to think of it.
Negligence or just sometimes things just happen?
Special damages to care for a profoundly damaged child.

Or are you claiming there can be no negligence by doctors during a birth?
Flametop

Post by Flametop »

anonymous_joe wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 3:47 pm
€23.5m.

I’m not claiming anything. I said I wasn’t sure what I thought about it. I said it was a big “a very good one” according to the judge (a record one actually). Maybe they were negligent, or maybe things sometimes just happen with nobody at fault (does that even make sense to lawyers :lol: ). I don’t know, I wasn’t there.
I wouldn’t trade that sort of cash for my kids health but that’s a big award, particularly with negligence unproven.
danthefan

Post by danthefan »

Kameela is profoundly disabled, non-verbal, tube fed, doubly incontinent and attends a special school, the court heard.
There's no amount of money that makes up for this.
Flametop

Post by Flametop »

danthefan wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 4:00 pm
Kameela is profoundly disabled, non-verbal, tube fed, doubly incontinent and attends a special school, the court heard.
There's no amount of money that makes up for this.
So, what’s you’re take on the award then?
Duff Paddy

Post by Duff Paddy »

anonymous_joe wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 3:47 pm
€23.5m.

Are you claiming all adverse outcomes are the result of negligence?
Mullet 2

Post by Mullet 2 »

The Childs medical needs and respite care should be taken care of.

Not a lotto payout that will make a family for 4 generations.
Flametop

Post by Flametop »

It sure seems like a tale of modern Ireland alright.
camroc1

Post by camroc1 »

378 positive swabs from 15, 221 processed; a positivity rate of 2.48%.
Duff Paddy

Post by Duff Paddy »

Mullet 2 wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 5:01 pm The Childs medical needs and respite care should be taken care of.

Not a lotto payout that will make a family for 4 generations.
Lawyers gotta get their cut. The system is rotten. Fully agree, no fault compensation with medical and care needs fully paid for by the state. And cut out the parasites
Duff Paddy

Post by Duff Paddy »

Anyone listening to radio 1 right now will not be surprised to see KBC running for the hills. The sheer level of bias and misinformation from a broadcaster interviewing a government minister - interrupting him every time he tries to answer, exaggerating statistics, just a complete disgrace. A presenter more interested in a gotcha moment than having an engaging interview
Duff Paddy

Post by Duff Paddy »

DOB was a bigger eejit for getting sucked into that farce. He should have said the next time he interrupted him that he was hanging up. Fair play to him for keeping his cool. “But minister there are 1000 evictions in process” “no you’ve just made that up there are 750 eviction notices” “but minister you won’t make the housing target this year will you” “eh construction has been shut down for the half the year” and on and on. RTE need to be sat down and told to cop on.
camroc1

Post by camroc1 »

camroc1 wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 5:08 pm 378 positive swabs from 15, 221 processed; a positivity rate of 2.48%.
420 reported cases and 11 deaths.

Of the deaths, 3 occurred in April, one in March, two in February and 5 occurred earlier.

Of the cases, 74% are under 45 years of age, and, the median age is 32 years of age.
lorcanoworms

Post by lorcanoworms »

Life really is a lottery, a lot of pals and in-laws gothaning me saying it must be safe to do dinner or something assuming because I'm a bit older I've been to the jabbing academy.
Mullet 2

Post by Mullet 2 »

Duff Paddy wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 5:28 pm DOB was a bigger eejit for getting sucked into that farce. He should have said the next time he interrupted him that he was hanging up. Fair play to him for keeping his cool. “But minister there are 1000 evictions in process” “no you’ve just made that up there are 750 eviction notices” “but minister you won’t make the housing target this year will you” “eh construction has been shut down for the half the year” and on and on. RTE need to be sat down and told to cop on.
They haven't the balls.

Which is hilarious considering there is nothing to lose. The Tories did it to the BBC. All it takes is to whip the circus up on the TV Licence.
Floppykid

Post by Floppykid »

Tories are pretty much enshrined for the next decade in power after the vaccine boost imo.
Shame as Starmer is a decent leader of the oppo.
camroc1

Post by camroc1 »

Floppykid wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 6:57 pm Tories are pretty much enshrined for the next decade in power after the vaccine boost imo.
Which is remarkable considering they've passed 150k dead based on death certs.

https://coronavirus.data.gov.uk/details/deaths
Mullet 2

Post by Mullet 2 »

camroc1 wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 7:08 pm
Floppykid wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 6:57 pm Tories are pretty much enshrined for the next decade in power after the vaccine boost imo.
Which is remarkable considering they've passed 150k dead based on death certs.

https://coronavirus.data.gov.uk/details/deaths
Nah that's all made up and shit.

ER, Tickets....fill him in
lorcanoworms

Post by lorcanoworms »

Got date with Astra Zeneca on the 20th of April.
Nolanator

Post by Nolanator »

I don't think they're intentionally fiddling numbers to keep everyone afraid, I can't see anyone being that malicious or underhanded.
Presumably they're just doing an audit or something and reclassifying deaths from the last few months. That's grand for historical records, but I don't think they should be reported with the newly registered deaths. Any reclassifications should be announced separately, IMO. If anything, being dishonest about how many have died recently just makes people even less likely to play along through boy who cried wolf behaviour.
CM11

Post by CM11 »

Nolanator wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 8:20 pm
I don't think they're intentionally fiddling numbers to keep everyone afraid, I can't see anyone being that malicious or underhanded.
Presumably they're just doing an audit or something and reclassifying deaths from the last few months. That's grand for historical records, but I don't think they should be reported with the newly registered deaths. Any reclassifications should be announced separately, IMO. If anything, being dishonest about how many have died recently just makes people even less likely to play along through boy who cried wolf behaviour.
The way they report deaths is a bit batshit as it is but this takes it to a new level. They should have abandoned it ages ago or forced a change in how deaths were reported (e.g. all suspected covid deaths need to be notified within two weeks).
Gavin Duffy

Post by Gavin Duffy »

Period for registration of deaths in the UK = 5 days. Ireland = 3 months. Presumably in case they recover, like Father Jack.
CM11

Post by CM11 »

Gavin Duffy wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 8:26 pm Period for registration of deaths in the UK = 5 days. Ireland = 3 months. Presumably in case they recover, like Father Jack.
Yet we bury within days while they take weeks. Go figure.
Mullet 2

Post by Mullet 2 »

lorcanoworms wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 8:20 pm Got date with Astra Zeneca on the 20th of April.
The slut
Leinsterman

Post by Leinsterman »

lorcanoworms wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 8:20 pm Got date with Astra Zeneca on the 20th of April.
Great news! :thumbup:
Zico

Post by Zico »

I didn't think you were that old.

Enjoy the privilege of age, ye bollocks.
de_Selby

Post by de_Selby »

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/politic ... ?mode=amp Unfortunately it will mean I get the jab later, but this seems like a good idea tbh.

<Insert I hate Donnelly posts below>
Gavin Duffy

Post by Gavin Duffy »

de_Selby wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 10:14 am https://www.irishtimes.com/news/politic ... ?mode=amp Unfortunately it will mean I get the jab later, but this seems like a good idea tbh.

It’s been mooted before, it was stupid then and it’s stupid now.
Nolanator

Post by Nolanator »

de_Selby wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 10:14 am https://www.irishtimes.com/news/politic ... ?mode=amp Unfortunately it will mean I get the jab later, but this seems like a good idea tbh.

Make it under 35s and I won't mind. :lol:
CM11

Post by CM11 »

There's more cases in the 35-44 age group at the moment. Nearly a fifth of all cases.

And how can they suggest this while ignoring the teachers, Gardai and other essential workers?!
Gavin Duffy

Post by Gavin Duffy »

CM11 wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 10:53 am There's more cases in the 35-44 age group at the moment. Nearly a fifth of all cases.

And how can they suggest this while ignoring the teachers, Gardai and other essential workers?!
Because Donnelly's a stupid c*nt.
lorcanoworms

Post by lorcanoworms »

Just my opinion but after 4pm on Tuesday I would open everything, gyms wet pubs the lot.
de_Selby

Post by de_Selby »

CM11 wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 10:53 am There's more cases in the 35-44 age group at the moment. Nearly a fifth of all cases.

We're in lockdown now. Numbers will obviously be different when restrictions are lifted
CM11

Post by CM11 »

True but sure all the under 30s had it around Christmas anyway!

Some brass neck suggesting this given the teacher and Gardai stance though. I think it was suggested way back as a general point on the covid thread pre vaccines being available.
lorcanoworms

Post by lorcanoworms »

Apparently we have 14k Johnsons jabs just sitting there waiting for the EU and ourselves.
Last edited by lorcanoworms on Sat Apr 17, 2021 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.