Rugby NAMA thread Revisited Rugby

All things Rugby
Gavin Duffy

Re: Rugby NAMA thread Revisited Rugby

Post by Gavin Duffy »

And now they're after auld peoples tae https://www.rte.ie/news/2021/0419/12107 ... ority-tea/
camroc1

Post by camroc1 »

Just received the Leinster ST e-mail. They're keeping prices to the 2018/19 ST prices. :thumbup:
CM11

Post by CM11 »

They seem confident of crowds as normal?
camroc1

Post by camroc1 »

CM11 wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 4:56 pm They seem confident of crowds as normal?
They're not opening sales to the public 'till the second of July.

I can't wait for a couple of pints before a match, followed by the match itself, followed by a meal in one of the many restaurants between Ballsbridge, Donnybrook and Ranelagh.
iarmhiman

Post by iarmhiman »

Where did they get all those cases today? :lol:

The snakey cúnts

Tones back as well. fudge sake

617, 10
camroc1

Post by camroc1 »

A welcome back present ! :thumbup:

:lol: :lol:
paddyor

Post by paddyor »

iarmhiman

Post by iarmhiman »

Now Leo saying "cause for concern".

Getting ready to not open up as fast
ticketlessinseattle

Post by ticketlessinseattle »

iarmhiman wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 5:25 pm Where did they get all those cases today? :lol:

The snakey cúnts

617, 10
they missed a few couches in the cafeteria to dig down behind.....Tones had a few buried for days like this .....
CM11

Post by CM11 »

iarmhiman wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 5:25 pm Where did they get all those cases today? :lol:

The snakey cúnts

617, 10
They underreported yesterday by over a hundred. Should be back around cases matching positive swabs now.
ticketlessinseattle

CM11 wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 6:39 pm

The snakey cúnts

617, 10
They underreported yesterday by over a hundred. Should be back around cases matching positive swabs now.
I thought Bridie worked Monday, Wednesdays and Fridays ?
Duff Paddy

Post by Duff Paddy »

paddyor wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 5:30 pm https://twitter.com/EmerHigginsTD/statu ... 95202?s=20

:lol:

Get writing lads
Going to be one hell of a GDPR fine
Gavin Duffy

Post by Gavin Duffy »

Duff Paddy wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 7:38 pm
paddyor wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 5:30 pm https://twitter.com/EmerHigginsTD/statu ... 95202?s=20

Get writing lads
Going to be one hell of a GDPR fine
Hmmm - what will count as their revenue?
camroc1

Post by camroc1 »

The big question is : why Frankfurt ?
Duff Paddy

Post by Duff Paddy »

camroc1 wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 7:48 pm The big question is : why Frankfurt ?
Whatever Cambridge Analytica style company they’ve hired has their servers I’m sure
danthefan

Post by danthefan »

The canal by the Bernard Shaw absolutely packed this evening with people out eating and drinking. It's completely crazy that outdoor dining is still banned.
Foot Up

Post by Foot Up »

danthefan wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 7:58 pm The canal by the Bernard Shaw absolutely packed this evening with people out eating and drinking. It's completely crazy that outdoor dining is still banned.
Its absolute madness and asking for trouble at this stage.

There was a different tone today after a couple of weeks of very positive messaging (vaccine issues aside). I would have said a few weeks ago the country was starting to boil but has calmed down with some moves in the right direction. There is funking zero appetite in the main public for stepping back from reopening as far as I can see.

Anyways, as I have said, its all over rover once NI opens.
camroc1

Post by camroc1 »

Reading the accounts of the presser it's all about a "spike" in cases, and the "R number" moving upwards towards 1.

Which is mendaciousness at best when we know that today's positivity rate was 2.5%, and that the 3 day, 5 day, and 7 day positivity rates are all at 2.7%. This really does stink of keeping cases up your sleeve and then using them to paint the picture you want people to see, not what is actually happening.
camroc1

Post by camroc1 »

Duff Paddy wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 7:50 pm
camroc1 wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 7:48 pm The big question is : why Frankfurt ?
Whatever Cambridge Analytica style company they’ve hired has their servers I’m sure
Indeed, so let's have the name of the company and exactly what they are doing with peoples personal data.
CM11

Post by CM11 »

camroc1 wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 8:51 pm Reading the accounts of the presser it's all about a "spike" in cases, and the "R number" moving upwards towards 1.

Which is mendaciousness at best when we know that today's positivity rate was 2.5%, and that the 3 day, 5 day, and 7 day positivity rates are all at 2.7%. This really does stink of keeping cases up your sleeve and then using them to paint the picture you want people to see, not what is actually happening.
There's been no cases kept up sleeve, at least not for long. The last few days are higher for positive swabs compared to the same days last week, it's not really a spike though, it's increased testing with similar positivity.
iarmhiman

Post by iarmhiman »

They found that girl in Belfast. Some good news
iarmhiman

Post by iarmhiman »

camroc1 wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 8:51 pm Reading the accounts of the presser it's all about a "spike" in cases, and the "R number" moving upwards towards 1.

That's exactly what's happening
camroc1

Post by camroc1 »

iarmhiman wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 10:49 pm They found that girl in Belfast. Some good news
Great news. :thumbup:
Duff Paddy

Post by Duff Paddy »

All the media running with the “worrying increase in cases” story this morning. At this stage even a child would know that they’re not reporting the cases honestly. I can’t understand why NPHET are behaving like this - it’s morally and scientifically wrong and they have completely lost the confidence of the people at this stage. Why can’t they be honest and say that they’ve tested more and the the positivity rate is the stable or decreasing?

Tomas Ryan back on the airwaves :lol: how the fudge is this chancer still getting airtime
camroc1

Post by camroc1 »

So the shinners only appointed a Data Protection Officer after they were contacted by the Data Protection Commissioner about their harvesting of personal data. That's a very large fine at the very least, isn't it, and well ensure the DPC goes through them like a dose of salts.

https://www.thejournal.ie/sinn-fein-vot ... 8-Apr2021/
Gavin Duffy

Post by Gavin Duffy »

Here's a fun pile of shite to get the morning going :lol: https://www.irishtimes.com/opinion/whol ... -1.4544870
Duff Paddy

Post by Duff Paddy »

Gavin Duffy wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 9:28 am Here's a fun pile of shite to get the morning going :lol: https://www.irishtimes.com/opinion/whol ... -1.4544870
Christ what a load of complete shite
camroc1

Post by camroc1 »

Duff Paddy wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 8:02 am All the media running with the “worrying increase in cases” story this morning. At this stage even a child would know that they’re not reporting the cases honestly. I can’t understand why NPHET are behaving like this - it’s morally and scientifically wrong and they have completely lost the confidence of the people at this stage. Why can’t they be honest and say that they’ve tested more and the the positivity rate is the stable or decreasing?

Tomas Ryan back on the airwaves :lol: how the fudge is this chancer still getting airtime
......meanwhile .....165 in hospital, 48 in ICU.
Nolanator

Post by Nolanator »

Gavin Duffy wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 9:28 am Here's a fun pile of shite to get the morning going :lol: https://www.irishtimes.com/opinion/whol ... -1.4544870
Why have we not prioritised pregnant women for vaccination?
Because there are no clinical studies on pregnant women you absolute fúcking melon.

Imagine the oucry if pharma companies were testing experimental vaccines on pregnant women before clearing in for the gneral population.
/facepalm
danthefan

Post by danthefan »

Getting a pasting in the comments at least.
Gavin Duffy

Post by Gavin Duffy »

She's getting battered in the comments tbf.
Duff Paddy

Post by Duff Paddy »

Gavin Duffy wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 10:44 am She's getting battered in the comments tbf.
This is the mad world of modern media - it doesn’t matter that she’s getting killed in the comments, it’s considered a win for her because she got so much engagement.
Gavin Duffy

Post by Gavin Duffy »

The fact that our tax dollars are being pissed away on a fool like this really grinds my gears. How much wedge would a professor in UL be on?
anonymous_joe

Post by anonymous_joe »

The worst thing about this is that there was genuinely a good point that could have been made about the initial composition of NPHET that she fails to get her teeth into.
Gavin Duffy

Post by Gavin Duffy »

€140k.
The Sun God

Post by The Sun God »

Rant time.....

Banc Ceannais na hÉireann strike again.

I only recently became aware of this 'Dolphin Trust' swindle when I received a phone call from an extended family member , who has a half a million euro exposure to it, asking me for advice.

It hadn't been on my radar because I usually ignore obvious scams and put them in the part of my brain reserved for e.mails from Nigerian princes etc but I was obliged to do some digging into this.

I believe, just this week, that the story is getting air time at home, Prime time etc.... so the detail are probably well known at this stage but what amazes me , I mean blows my fúcking mind, is the cavalier attitude of the Irish Central Bank to another brazen theft perpetrated in Irish jurisdiction, while they were sitting on their collective, useless arses counting their pension pots.

This scam was fronted by a bunch of cowboys in Kildare and distributed by life/pension brokers all over the Country in return for massive fees. All these firms are regulated entities and yet are not prohibited from selling unregulated products to the public.... What the fúck are the Central doing ?
I am , still, a director of a medium sized regulated firm in Dublin who DOES NOT hold client funds and yet I spend over 20K p.a on legal fees discharging my statutory obligations and responsibilities to the myriad of regulations my firms works under at the Central Banks insistence.

There have been hundreds of billions in assets put onto the balance sheet of Ireland inc from UK and other banking / fund businesses in the lead up and since BREXIT for close to zero return in terms of employment, corporation taxes etc...... I pray to God that someone, somewhere in that shitshow of an outfit is keeping a handle on this or it will make the Depfa/Anglo/AIB debacle look like a tasty appetiser ..........

Rant over.
ticketlessinseattle

Duff Paddy wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 8:02 am All the media running with the “worrying increase in cases” story this morning. At this stage even a child would know that they’re not reporting the cases honestly. I can’t understand why NPHET are behaving like this - it’s morally and scientifically wrong and they have completely lost the confidence of the people at this stage. Why can’t they be honest and say that they’ve tested more and the the positivity rate is the stable or decreasing?

fear sells and gives people power they dont like letting go of - perfect circle jerk
Gavin Duffy

Post by Gavin Duffy »

I thought it was a German scheme, granted I literally only read the headline.
The Sun God

Post by The Sun God »

Gavin Duffy wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 11:16 am I thought it was a German scheme, granted I literally only read the headline.
Based in Germany but they collected 1.2 billion ( about 200 million from Ireland ) in other countries.
ticketlessinseattle

The Sun God wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 10:55 am Rant time.....

Banc Ceannais na hÉireann strike again.

I only recently became aware of this 'Dolphin Trust' swindle when I received a phone call from an extended family member , who has a half a million euro exposure to it, asking me for advice.

It hadn't been on my radar because I usually ignore obvious scams and put them in the part of my brain reserved for e.mails from Nigerian princes etc but I was obliged to do some digging into this.

I believe, just this week, that the story is getting air time at home, Prime time etc.... so the detail are probably well known at this stage but what amazes me , I mean blows my fúcking mind, is the cavalier attitude of the Irish Central Bank to another brazen theft perpetrated in Irish jurisdiction, while they were sitting on their collective, useless arses counting their pension pots.

This scam was fronted by a bunch of cowboys in Kildare and distributed by life/pension brokers all over the Country in return for massive fees. All these firms are regulated entities and yet are not prohibited from selling unregulated products to the public.... What the fúck are the Central doing ?
I am , still, a director of a medium sized regulated firm in Dublin who DOES NOT hold client funds and yet I spend over 20K p.a on legal fees discharging my statutory obligations and responsibilities to the myriad of regulations my firms works under at the Central Banks insistence.

There have been hundreds of billions in assets put onto the balance sheet of Ireland inc from UK and other banking / fund businesses in the lead up and since BREXIT for close to zero return in terms of employment, corporation taxes etc...... I pray to God that someone, somewhere in that shitshow of an outfit is keeping a handle on this or it will make the Depfa/Anglo/AIB debacle look like a tasty appetiser ..........

Rant over.
eyes kinda glazed over it but sounds like a copy and paste of Customs House capital ...down to investment properties in Germany ? its literally the Nigerian prince scam except by guys in suits with pretty brochures and haircuts.....at worst they might be disbarred from being company directors