Rugby NAMA thread Revisited Rugby

All things Rugby
Blackrock Bullet

Re: Rugby NAMA thread Revisited Rugby

Post by Blackrock Bullet »

CM11 wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 3:35 pm They were probably holding back Pfizer until the decision about AZ/J&J for the under 50s was made?
No idea.

I think they want to keep it looking like the momentum is building. There isn't any reason why 350k+ couldn't be done this week but next week supply won't be as large so they'd have to cut back. See underlined.

51k done this week so far.

26k J&J in the fridge, all of which could be used now.

There's about 358k of Pfizer and 106k of Moderna sitting in the fridge after Tuesday. C. 300k second doses of those two due over the remainder of this month I think. So they could do about 164k additional 1st doses this week of those two and still have enough reserve amounts to cover those second doses (some of which will be used over the remainder of this week - maybe 50k as a guesstimate, haven't checked but would make sense). Including the first and second doses still to go, that's 214k of those two that could be used between Wed to Sunday.

There's also still a lot of slack with AZ. There's about 150k in the fridge and they only have to do 56k second doses this month. That's 94k further that could be done with AZ this week and still hold back enough for the second doses.

That's 385k doses that could be done this week, and still have enough held back for the remainder of the second doses due this month, with weekly deliveries due. Thing is though that the 350k likely couldn't be replicated next week as the AZ, J&J and Pfizer buffer would be used up with deliveries of just 175k Pfizer, 33k Moderna and 31k AZ due next week (75k J&J are due over the next two weeks). You'd realistically be back down to 250k or so, which would be drop that they wouldn't want to explain to the media.

I'd say they will just continue to look to ramp it up, under promise and over deliver. 240k+ this week (220-240k primised). Probably 270k+ (250-270k estimated) next week. Then maybe a 300k week and then a 350k week to finish off May. Looks nicer on a graph and they also can keep the mobilisation ramp up - maybe pharmacists by the end of the month?
Blackrock Bullet

Nolanator wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 3:52 pm My dad just got his first dose. Delighted. :thumbup:

AZ, is that typically worse after the first or second shot?
Good stuff. What age is he? In Wicklow? Heard it was slower there but has got going this week.
danthefan

Post by danthefan »

Nolanator wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 3:52 pm My dad just got his first dose. Delighted. :thumbup:

AZ can be pretty bad after the first shot. My mother and a pharmacist mate both got it and both were knocked for 6 for a day.
camroc1

Post by camroc1 »

467 positive swabs from 21,036 tested; positivity rate = 2.22%.

From CRiocht :

% test positive
3 day is 2.3% (lowest 148 days)
5 day is 2.5%
7 day is 2.6% (lowest 144 days)

393 cases; 8 deaths.

Of the deaths, 3 occurred in May, 2 occurred in March and 3 occurred in February or earlier.
Of the cases, 79% are under 45 years of age, and the median age is 28 years of age.
Nolanator

Post by Nolanator »

Blackrock Bullet wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 4:12 pm

Good stuff. What age is he? In Wicklow? Heard it was slower there but has got going this week.
Enniskerry, so Wicklow, but north. He's 61, 62 in a few days. Registered last week. My mum is 59 and registered the other day, so will hopefully be done within a couple of weeks.
My dad was sent to the Aviva. Guess north Wicklow comes under the general South Dublin sprawl.

Give it a month and most over 50s will probably have their first dose. It's looking up!
Blackrock Bullet

Nolanator wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 6:08 pm
Blackrock Bullet wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 4:12 pm

Enniskerry, so Wicklow, but north. He's 61, 62 in a few days. Registered last week. My mum is 59 and registered the other day, so will hopefully be done within a couple of weeks.
My dad was sent to the Aviva. Guess north Wicklow comes under the general South Dublin sprawl.

Give it a month and most over 50s will probably have their first dose. It's looking up!
Nice.

I think the over 50s will be done by 2nd or 3rd of June, with 40s starting then.
CM11

Post by CM11 »

If it actually arrives, it looks like the 40-50 year olds will be getting J&J. Might be a hard sell for the wife. :(

But delighted for myself. Get it over and done with.
Blackrock Bullet

Is that just Varadkar's comments? I think Leo is just looking at his own preference more than anything else!

Per today's briefings, 75k are due in the next two weeks of J&J. I think they're more likely to end up with travellers (not covered by the initial 26k we have) and 50 somethings given that timeline.

The next big J&J delivery is due towards the end of June, by which time I expect the 40 somethings will probably be done and dusted with their first dose.

Unless delivery schedules change, don't see it for 40 somethings as a major one. The Pfizer workhorse will do most of your bracket I'm sure.
Blackrock Bullet

J&J was supposed to be over 130k so I suspect that it is just that.

Still don't think the timelines suggest 40s will get it in big numbers given the timing but who knows with the vaccines and the deliveries. :lol:
redderneck

Post by redderneck »

Have my second belt of Pfizer in 3 weeks. Outdoor terraces opening up here at the w/end. I will re-define buachaill dána so I will. I will tear the arse out of it with both hands and at least one foot. There will be no mature restraint on display.
Gavin Duffy

Post by Gavin Duffy »

Strange one.
camroc1

Post by camroc1 »

Fúcking eejit.
nardol

Post by nardol »

Sacking for an anonymous twitter account hmmmm

Seems harsh.
CM11

Post by CM11 »

Ah no, he was an eejit.
Flametop

Post by Flametop »

This generation seems to not have an appreciation for baseball.

Strike one, you’re out. Cancelled.

Anonymous Twitter account.

:lol:

I hope nobody has the codes here.

Gavin Duffy

Post by Gavin Duffy »

What are the grounds for 'sacking' him though? I assume he's actually a 'contractor'.
camroc1

Post by camroc1 »

'Hmmm' is correct.

Exposé on Shinner multi accounts upcoming and getting their ducks in a line ?
Botha Boy

Post by Botha Boy »

Nolanator wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 3:46 pm Lots of references to the Revelling Community in the Journal article and comments about the wedding. :lol:
Let's see if there are any headlines in 2-6 weeks stating that an outbreak was linked to this event ...

If it does not happen, you need to question whether the restrictions in place are in any way relevant as if there had been any outbreaks, you know for certain that the media and the Zero-Covid muppets would amplify any signal as best they can.

In the meantime, the highly publicised recent Spiddal and Stephens Green congregations led to the square root of nothing in terms of additional COVID19 infections. :P

And remember, nearly everyone went mad and met others over the sunny Easter weekend. :thumbup:

At some point, you need to question do you need to stay in your hutch as requested ? :roll:
paddyor

Post by paddyor »

Gavin Duffy wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 10:32 pm What are the grounds for 'sacking' him though? I assume he's actually a 'contractor'.
This I presume.

https://twitter.com/aoifegracemoore/sta ... 10026?s=20
The Sun God

Post by The Sun God »

camroc1 wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 10:19 pm
Fúcking eejit.
Deserves every piece of shit that comes his way....wanker.
Duff Paddy

Post by Duff Paddy »

paddyor wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 12:02 am
Gavin Duffy wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 10:32 pm What are the grounds for 'sacking' him though? I assume he's actually a 'contractor'.
This I presume.

“I needed to go to counselling”. Such a bullshit world we live in these days. Maybe you did but not because of that. It wasn’t nice but you just click the person don’t try to milk it
Duff Paddy

Post by Duff Paddy »

Flametop wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 10:31 pm This generation seems to not have an appreciation for baseball.

Strike one, you’re out. Cancelled.

Anonymous Twitter account.

I hope nobody has the codes here.

Why do you think mullet flounced
CM11

Post by CM11 »

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/health/ ... 8?mode=amp

Don't see how this is possible when other analysis shows we're over reporting in terms of excess deaths.
Gavin Duffy

Post by Gavin Duffy »

CM11 wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 9:16 am https://www.irishtimes.com/news/health/ ... 8?mode=amp

Don't see how this is possible when other analysis shows we're over reporting in terms of excess deaths.
Yup, it's complete horseshit.
anonymous_joe

Post by anonymous_joe »

Duff Paddy wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 8:42 am
paddyor wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 12:02 am
This I presume.

“I needed to go to counselling”. Such a bullshit world we live in these days. Maybe you did but not because of that. It wasn’t nice but you just click the person don’t try to milk it
It's a bit mad. You'd think if somebody had that effect on your mental health you'd block them and move on.
lorcanoworms

Post by lorcanoworms »

Somebody on here said said endoscopy was terrible and really painful and intrusive, had me scared shit for the two hours I was waiting for it.
They must have got it done without sedation as I found it a doddle, never gonna listen to you guys again.
normilet

Post by normilet »

lorcanoworms wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 10:14 am Somebody on here said said endoscopy was terrible and really painful and intrusive, had me scared shit for the two hours I was waiting for it.
They must have got it done without sedation as I found it a doddle, never gonna listen to you guys again.
I had one under sedation which was grand. Not full sedation but whatever they give you just makes you forget about the entire procedure, you're awake the whole time apparently but its just erased from your memory, which is great.

I had another one with no sedation, just a local numbing agent, this time up through the nose and down the back of your throat and further. That was one of the more unpleasant experiences of my life.
lorcanoworms

Post by lorcanoworms »

normilet wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 10:19 am
lorcanoworms wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 10:14 am Somebody on here said said endoscopy was terrible and really painful and intrusive, had me scared shit for the two hours I was waiting for it.
I had one under sedation which was grand. Not full sedation but whatever they give you just makes you forget about the entire procedure, you're awake the whole time apparently but its just erased from your memory, which is great.

I had another one with no sedation, just a local numbing agent, this time up through the nose and down the back of your throat and further. That was one of the more unpleasant experiences of my life.
Yeah I wish I'd looked it up or heard from yourself, the covid test during the week was worse.
CM11

Post by CM11 »

Kate O'Connell not running in DBS. Hope FG know what they're doing.
CM11

Post by CM11 »

Depends on your gag reflex. Not sure anyone said it was very painful but more just trying to get the thing down. I managed it the first time but just couldn't the second time so had to be sedated.
Bogbunny

Post by Bogbunny »

lorcanoworms wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 10:27 am
normilet wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 10:19 am

Yeah I wish I'd looked it up or heard from yourself, the covid test during the week was worse.
I had one about 16 years ago. (My cousin was one of the theatre nurses) They tried with just local anaesthetic, but this boy wouldn't swallow (career as a rent boy out the window!) not very pleasant. so had to knock me out for 15 minutes. No pain afterwards.
cfm93

Post by cfm93 »

CM11 wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 10:34 am Kate O'Connell not running in DBS. Hope FG know what they're doing.
Sounds like the local party members wouldn't have selected her if she put her name forward.
camroc1

Post by camroc1 »

CM11 wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 9:16 am https://www.irishtimes.com/news/health/ ... 8?mode=amp

It's bollox.

For example :
In September, the Washington-based institution warned Ireland could suffer another 1,200 Covid-19 deaths by the end of the year if face masks were not used more. This came to pass by the second half of January, as did a worst-case forecast of 8,000 cases a day.
That paragraph, far from vindicating their predictions, just shows how crap they were. The increase in the number of deaths, and cases that came about in January was because of a new strain of the virus that is 60% more virulent than the strain that was around last September, when they did their forecast.

So, their model was basically wrong.
ticketlessinseattle

Post by ticketlessinseattle »

Sharon Stone on late late tonight - she's still fit as feck looking fair dues to her ; if I remember she went a bit bat sh1t after some accident ; will be a laugh watching Tubs ; just another few weeks to checking the guest list of talk shows not being not amongst the highlights of the weekend
danthefan

Post by danthefan »

Also, given that study appears to be global:
Deaths are significantly under-reported in almost every country, states the analysis, which estimated the total number of Covid-19 deaths in Ireland at 7,113 up to last Monday.
I think the IT have obviously taken the Irish view of it but different countries have been measuring Covid deaths in very different ways, there was a period where our Covid deaths exceeded our excess deaths right? Haven't seen that analysis for a while but that doesn't tally with underreported Covid deaths.
Leinsterman

Post by Leinsterman »

CM11 wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 10:34 am Kate O'Connell not running in DBS. Hope FG know what they're doing.
They obviously do, hence why she's not running
lorcanoworms

Post by lorcanoworms »

Another good tip is if you have a Tunnock's teacake and a walnut eat the teacake with the walnut and it's nearly as good as a walnut whip.