Rugby NAMA thread Revisited Rugby

All things Rugby
Blackrock Bullet

Re: Rugby NAMA thread Revisited Rugby

Post by Blackrock Bullet »

CM11 wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 12:09 am Nope, not what I'm talking about. This was the GP pushing the vaccine onto non pushy patients.
Sorry I get you.
Nolanator

Post by Nolanator »

Blackrock Bullet wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 10:22 pm
I see Phil Nolan is getting battered on Twitter for going after Lidl...
He didn't just have a cut off them, he was properly bitchy. Not a good or measured look for someone in his position. Weird how much they seem to be against antigen tests.
anonymous_joe

Post by anonymous_joe »

Nolanator wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 9:40 am
Blackrock Bullet wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 10:22 pm
I see Phil Nolan is getting battered on Twitter for going after Lidl...
He didn't just have a cut off them, he was properly bitchy. Not a good or measured look for someone in his position. Weird how much they seem to be against antigen tests.
I'd love to know if Lidl gets them for less than the HSE pays for tests. :lol:
lorcanoworms

Post by lorcanoworms »

There was criticism of the accuracy of the Lidl antigens.
Leinsterman

Post by Leinsterman »

CM11 wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 12:09 am Nope, not what I'm talking about. This was the GP pushing the vaccine onto non pushy patients.
Ah, gotcha!
Anyway, the more needles in arms the better. Really seem to have built up a decent head of steam now.
Duff Paddy

Post by Duff Paddy »

Such a strange tweet from Nolan. The dogs in the street know that the rapid antigen tests aren’t as accurate as the RT-PCR tests but that doesn’t mean that they aren’t of some value. They’ve been studied in depth there’s even a Cochrane review. Calling them snake oil is frankly ridiculous, he either doesn’t know what snake oil/quackery is, or else he’s just lashing out because the country is moving further and further away from taking NPHET seriously.
lorcanoworms

Post by lorcanoworms »

Sudocrem gone to Bulgaria, no room to expand on the Baldoyle site.
Sounds like a load of crap.
Nolanator

Post by Nolanator »

lorcanoworms wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 11:42 am Sudocrem gone to Bulgaria, no room to expand on the Baldoyle site.
Rash decision by the management?
CM11

Post by CM11 »

52k vaccinations on Friday. Really strong Wed - Fri. Nearly 150k.
Blackrock Bullet

33.4% of adults with one dose, 1 in 3
anonymous_joe

Post by anonymous_joe »

Nolanator wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 11:47 am
lorcanoworms wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 11:42 am Sudocrem gone to Bulgaria, no room to expand on the Baldoyle site.
Well played.
Duff Paddy

Post by Duff Paddy »

Would be a bit easier to take if they hadn’t just run a massive advertising campaign about how proud they were to be Irish
camroc1

Post by camroc1 »

Average monthly wage Bulgaria = € 582.
Average monthly wage Ireland = € 2, 748.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_E ... erage_wage

You don't want to be competing at those levels.
lorcanoworms

Post by lorcanoworms »

Duff Paddy wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 1:53 pm
Would be a bit easier to take if they hadn’t just run a massive advertising campaign about how proud they were to be Irish
They Teva mention they still have 340 people employed in Ireland in Pharma?
Nolanator

Post by Nolanator »

anonymous_joe wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 12:05 pm
Nolanator wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 11:47 am
Well played.
Stolen from Twitter. :lol:
danthefan

Post by danthefan »

NPHET really don't like these antigen tests.
iarmhiman

Post by iarmhiman »

danthefan wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 7:40 pm NPHET really don't like these antigen tests.
NHPET don't want to lose any power or relevancy.

They won't go away. I can guarantee you that.
iarmhiman

Post by iarmhiman »

From a Harvard epidemiologist as well.

Don't expect it to make a difference. Nolan is likely too full of his own self importance
Duff Paddy

Post by Duff Paddy »

iarmhiman wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 8:04 pm

Don't expect it to make a difference. Nolan is likely too full of his own self importance
Someone on twitter rightfully pointed out that the manufacturers of the test and Lidl could sue the pants off him for that tweet. It really was outrageous. A guy whose model is unpublished and has been consistently wrong for a year now is having a go at a helpful aid in the fight against covid that is being used successful in many other European counties. Just bizarre, these guys don’t like it when people start challenging them do they.
iarmhiman

Post by iarmhiman »

I'm worried that when cases start to go up again in October, these lads will br rolled out again.

Now i know we're vaccinated and protected......but can still these lads coming back controlling our lives once again
CM11

Post by CM11 »

As Luke O'Neill says, cases may rise but hospitalisations shouldn't and NPHET won't get anywhere if the hospital situation doesn't follow the previous pattern in relation to cases.
Gavin Duffy

Post by Gavin Duffy »

WTF was Nolan thinking, anybody with even a basic knowledge on the subject knew it was incredibly stupid.
HighKingLeinster

Post by HighKingLeinster »

Gavin Duffy wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 8:16 pm
WTF was Nolan thinking, anybody with even a basic knowledge on the subject knew it was incredibly stupid.
I hope he gets the hole sued off him. Will cut him and his Nphetiarchy brethern down to size
Gavin Duffy

Post by Gavin Duffy »

I'm starting to think that philip nolan might be a psychopath.
Blackrock Bullet

Duff Paddy wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 8:09 pm

Someone on twitter rightfully pointed out that the manufacturers of the test and Lidl could sue the pants off him for that tweet. It really was outrageous. A guy whose model is unpublished and has been consistently wrong for a year now is having a go at a helpful aid in the fight against covid that is being used successful in many other European counties. Just bizarre, these guys don’t like it when people start challenging them do they.
A half completed model was put up. I believe that’s where their ludicrous 9,500 cases came from and apparently the pHDs responsible were none too happy that their work ended up online.
Blackrock Bullet

Gavin Duffy wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 8:54 pm I'm starting to think that philip nolan might be a psychopath.
I believe he got the position because he is seen as the university administrator with closest knowledge to what is going on around the colleges and also had a medical background. The work isn’t really performed by him.

For him I’m sure he saw it as an act of national service but also something to put on the CV as I’m sure like Hugh Brady he had his eye on a position in the U.K. after this. His term with Maynooth finished this year and I doubt he’ll wait around for the UCD job.
highlands

Post by highlands »

The sooner nolan, glynn, holohan are wheeled off the better. These so called DR's, professors, scientists that the media are constantly bringing out are a disgrace.
My missus is a neuroscientist and her and her colleauges are ashamed but not suprised with the likes of ryan getting all this airtime. Academia is a strange place. A bunch of nerds who spent so long in education and think they are better than everyone else. Obviously that doenst apply to all, but probably to the ones who were bullied in school!

Anyway, had a nice bit of grub in doolin yesterday. Good crowd around. All happy and jolly. Not long now before everything is back to normal. Good times.
I wonder has this new director of the dept of health had a word with nphet. Their wording seems alot more positive lately.
danthefan

Post by danthefan »

He's a fairly tasty ratio on that tweet and the reply from the Harvard lad is :lol: :lol: :lol:

It's genuinely embarrassing for someone in Nolan's position.
Duff Paddy

Post by Duff Paddy »

Blackrock Bullet wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 8:59 pm
Gavin Duffy wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 8:54 pm I'm starting to think that philip nolan might be a psychopath.
I believe he got the position because he is seen as the university administrator with closest knowledge to what is going on around the colleges and also had a medical background. The work isn’t really performed by him.

For him I’m sure he saw it as an act of national service but also something to put on the CV as I’m sure like Hugh Brady he had his eye on a position in the U.K. after this. His term with Maynooth finished this year and I doubt he’ll wait around for the UCD job.
I’m not sure if he ever worked as a doctor - maybe a few years. He did science and then went back to do medicine and then went into research. He’s an academic doctor as such - like a lot of the guys doing all the talking during this pandemic
CM11

Post by CM11 »

https://m.independent.ie/irish-news/hea ... 06161.html

Fully vaccinated in June, yes please.
Duff Paddy

Post by Duff Paddy »

CM11 wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 8:21 am https://m.independent.ie/irish-news/hea ... 06161.html

It’s funny how J&J is considered fully vaccinated after one dose - it’s only because that’s how they structured their trial. They could have given a booster dose to increase efficacy but decided against it. AZ should be considered protected 4 weeks after the first dose
CM11

Post by CM11 »

Fair point.
Blackrock Bullet

CM11 wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 8:21 am https://m.independent.ie/irish-news/hea ... 06161.html

I don’t get the timelines. Are they going to delay that age bracket getting vaccinated?

They’re on course to start getting vaxxed in early June. There shouldn’t be many J&J doses left by then end the deliveries are apparently weighted forward the end of June.
Nolanator

Post by Nolanator »

When are the over 30s getting it? :x

I have every intention of being on multiple flights before the end of this year.
normilet

Post by normilet »

Have my parents and the wife booked in next week to get the first jab, it's actually more of a relief than I thought it would be. Once the wife is done we can finally start visiting family and friends again (vacc'd people can visit unvacc'd indoors again from today right?).
CM11

Post by CM11 »

normilet wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 9:19 am Have my parents and the wife booked in next week to get the first jab, it's actually more of a relief than I thought it would be. Once the wife is done we can finally start visiting family and friends again (vacc'd people can visit unvacc'd indoors again from today right?).
One household, yes. As long as they're not high risk.
Duff Paddy

Post by Duff Paddy »

normilet wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 9:19 am Have my parents and the wife booked in next week to get the first jab, it's actually more of a relief than I thought it would be. Once the wife is done we can finally start visiting family and friends again (vacc'd people can visit unvacc'd indoors again from today right?).
Stop wasting time here and get back to making more vaccines
danthefan

Post by danthefan »

Harvard epidemiologist guy comes back for more. Back in your box Nolan :lol:

https://twitter.com/michaelmina_lab/sta ... 00647?s=20
ticketlessinseattle

Post by ticketlessinseattle »

Duff Paddy wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 8:09 pm

absolutely bizarre tweet to make ; wrong on so many levels ; 5k attending that Barcelona event would not have been possible without this kind of testing.....he's like some NRA head.....from these cold dead hands......