The Australian Politics Thread

All things Rugby

Whos Going to Lead the Labor Rabble

Albo
12
41%
Plibbers
2
7%
Bowen
1
3%
Chalmers
4
14%
Uncle Tony
4
14%
Clive Palmer
3
10%
George Smith
3
10%
 
Total votes: 29

User avatar
Ellafan
Posts: 6039
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: The Australian Politics Thread

Post by Ellafan »

Pat the Ex Mat wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 8:01 am
Slim 293 wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 7:34 am
The Acting Prime Minister of Australia says he wants mice "rehomed into their inner city apartments so they can nibble away at their food and their feet at night and scratch their children at night."
https://twitter.com/sspencer_63/status/ ... accination
The worst part is, people vote for him....
I agree totally. No one should vote for anyone who engages in banter in QT, and is shit at telling jokes. I only want witty people in charge :thumbup:
User avatar
Pat the Ex Mat
Posts: 6781
Joined: Wed Apr 27, 2016 1:50 am

Re: The Australian Politics Thread

Post by Pat the Ex Mat »

Ellafan wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 3:34 am I only want witty people in charge :thumbup:
Realistically, yes. Wit shows a person generally has a brain and usually empathy (you need timing for a good joke). Wit also exhibits guile - at least you know their brain is working,

His "Banter" sounds like he's been on the Rumensin

I'm sure you'd love to have this witless fool as your local member?
User avatar
Ellafan
Posts: 6039
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: The Australian Politics Thread

Post by Ellafan »

Pat the Ex Mat wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 3:55 am
Ellafan wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 3:34 am I only want witty people in charge :thumbup:
Realistically, yes. Wit shows a person generally has a brain and usually empathy (you need timing for a good joke). Wit also exhibits guile - at least you know their brain is working,

His "Banter" sounds like he's been on the Rumensin

I'm sure you'd love to have this witless fool as your local member?
I was suggesting you guys were getting frothy about a poor joke, taken out of context and repeated in isolation on a anti-LNP echo chamber twitter feed as if it was actual policy. They were even having a go at Jacqui Lambie on there.

I have the lovely Trent Zimmerman. He was one of the letter signers who wrote to Greg Hunt and told him to shelve his crusade against vaping. :thumbup:
User avatar
Pat the Ex Mat
Posts: 6781
Joined: Wed Apr 27, 2016 1:50 am

Re: The Australian Politics Thread

Post by Pat the Ex Mat »

Ellafan wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 5:35 am
I was suggesting you guys were getting frothy about a poor joke, taken out of context and repeated in isolation on a anti-LNP echo chamber twitter feed as if it was actual policy. They were even having a go at Jacqui Lambie on there.

I have the lovely Trent Zimmerman. He was one of the letter signers who wrote to Greg Hunt and told him to shelve his crusade against vaping. :thumbup:
It simply wasn't funny though - and his tedious comments about the "cities" are not the level of discourse I expect from a deputy PM - where the cities make up 86% of the electorate.

Trent? He stands for nothing - he finally cracked when the good burghers of Mosman started to lobby re the Biloela girls.

Too little, too late
User avatar
Ellafan
Posts: 6039
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: The Australian Politics Thread

Post by Ellafan »

Pat the Ex Mat wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 5:45 am
Ellafan wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 5:35 am
I was suggesting you guys were getting frothy about a poor joke, taken out of context and repeated in isolation on a anti-LNP echo chamber twitter feed as if it was actual policy. They were even having a go at Jacqui Lambie on there.

I have the lovely Trent Zimmerman. He was one of the letter signers who wrote to Greg Hunt and told him to shelve his crusade against vaping. :thumbup:
It simply wasn't funny though - and his tedious comments about the "cities" are not the level of discourse I expect from a deputy PM - where the cities make up 86% of the electorate.

Trent? He stands for nothing - he finally cracked when the good burghers of Mosman started to lobby re the Biloela girls.

Too little, too late
I didn't say it was funny.

Mosman isn't in Trent's electorate, btb. It must have been us Neutral Bay hipsters that got in his ear on that.
grievous
Posts: 13345
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: Tahstown

Re: The Australian Politics Thread

Post by grievous »

guy smiley wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 7:08 pm
grievous wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 10:38 am
Ali's Choice wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 10:10 am
grievous wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 10:04 am They didn't say one thing against the LNP in the show, quite the opposite
Oh dear. Thanks for reinforcing my point that all three are conservative commentators.
Youre losing your way again, your original claim was that the ABC is packing its shows with right wing commentators and rhetoric, Insiders being one of them.
You still cant prove this ridiculous claim.
Wrong.

The point that both AC and I made was that the ABC has been moving to the Right in its reporting and coverage due to the change in the membership of its board and staffing...

you are making an absolute fool of yourself with this increasingly hysterical crusade to try and disprove something that never happened. It would be funny if it wasn't so tragically boring. You can't be this stupid so it has to be a sort of cack handed trolling.
Im not wrong but even if that were true you still couldn't put up any proof, find out yourself you said in other words you were making it up. We all know you throw in a news quote as fast as some ill prepared tourist fool falling off a Nepalese mountain...well a couple of stoney steps.
User avatar
shanky
Posts: 23657
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: The Australian Politics Thread

Post by shanky »

Apparently, people over 50 are now cancelling their AZ jab appointments ‘in droves’

You couldn’t make it up, honestly.
User avatar
Ellafan
Posts: 6039
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: The Australian Politics Thread

Post by Ellafan »

shanky wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 11:00 am Apparently, people over 50 are now cancelling their AZ jab appointments ‘in droves’

You couldn’t make it up, honestly.
I was, originally, supposed to get Pfizer. When I turned up (back in April) the nurse clinician basically said "AZ for you oldie, so suck it up princess". It was more polite than that, but that was the message. Didn't have a problem with it personally. Off to get the second half in a few weeks.

I had a professional colleague I was chatting to a few days ago who had a very bad week after his first AZ jab recently, but didn't want to say anything here, because grubby little pieces of shit like Guy Smiley think that the misfortunes of peoples' acquaintances are troll bait to score self awarded internet hardman points.

Maybe word is getting around the traps that the AZ jab is not necessarily a walk in the park.
User avatar
shanky
Posts: 23657
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: The Australian Politics Thread

Post by shanky »

I’m no doctor, but I can spot a botched health campaign when I see one.

The medical facts are seemingly irrelevant now. This is just chaos.
grievous
Posts: 13345
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: Tahstown

Re: The Australian Politics Thread

Post by grievous »

Ive got a health campaign
We fly to Fiji, who have 42% of their population first jabbed, are we at 20% yet?, get vaccinated and have a long overdue Pacific holiday.
Vinaka!
User avatar
shanky
Posts: 23657
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: The Australian Politics Thread

Post by shanky »

grievous wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 11:59 am Ive got a health campaign
We fly to Fiji, who have 42% of their population first jabbed, are we at 20% yet?, get vaccinated and have a long overdue Pacific holiday.
Vinaka!
:lol: :thumbup:
User avatar
Ellafan
Posts: 6039
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: The Australian Politics Thread

Post by Ellafan »

shanky wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 12:00 pm
grievous wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 11:59 am Ive got a health campaign
We fly to Fiji, who have 42% of their population first jabbed, are we at 20% yet?, get vaccinated and have a long overdue Pacific holiday.
Vinaka!
:lol: :thumbup:
They got a "gift" of AZ shots from the warehouse in Melbourne? or was that the Solomons?
User avatar
The Optimist
Posts: 5548
Joined: Wed Aug 20, 2014 12:47 pm
Location: Chukity - puck!!!

Re: The Australian Politics Thread

Post by The Optimist »

Image

tRump 2.0
User avatar
Pat the Ex Mat
Posts: 6781
Joined: Wed Apr 27, 2016 1:50 am

Re: The Australian Politics Thread

Post by Pat the Ex Mat »

The Optimist wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 3:13 pm Image

tRump 2.0
That'll probably be the only way the LNP lose
User avatar
guy smiley
Posts: 36348
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: in transit

Re: The Australian Politics Thread

Post by guy smiley »

sigh....

https://www.energynewsbulletin.net/on-t ... ed-by-feds

THE GIGANTIC Asian Renewable Energy Hub which would cover a 6500 square kilometres in the East Pilbara, and export renewable electricity to Singapore, has been deemed too environmentally destructive by the federal government.

The consortium of developers behind the project received approval from the federal government for the massive $22 billion development last year.

However, after a thorough evaluation, InterContinental Energy, CWP Energy, and Macquarie, resubmitted their application to build the solar and wind hybrid project with minor changes.

Initially the project would export electricity via subsea cables. The newer application would include pipelines instead, for ammonia offloading, and other infrastructure.

The Asian Renewable Energy Hub will generate 26 gigawatts of renewable energy in Western Australia from wind and solar.

Around 3GW would be provided directly to large scale energy users in the Pilbara, while the bulk of the energy used to create green hydrogen for domestic and export markets.

The project's proponents say it would not only inject billions into the local Australian economy, but help neighbouring countries with carbon-free energy, and create 7,000 full time jobs during construction and its 50-year operational life.

Around 20,000 indirect jobs are also expected to be created during the construction phase.

It would also provide mining companies and fertiliser producers in the north with cheap hydrogen for industrial purposes.

However, just two days ago, the federal minister for the environment Sussan Ley refused to sign off on the project.

"The proposed action will have clearly unacceptable impacts on matters protected by Part 3 of the EPBC Act," she said in a decision published on Tuesday.

Energy News understands the decision by the minister was not conventional in nature.

The proponents of the project had not yet submitted an environmental plan to the government, merely outlined the proposal.

Usually, when a project of this size and nature is submitted in the early stages it will receive approval and then an EP will be drafted.

Furthermore, the developers had received initial approval once already from the federal government, and have Western Australian state government approvals in place.

It was even awarded Major Project Status as recently as October.

The federal minister's decision to not approve the revised proposal will mean operator Intercontinental Energy will have to withdraw its proposal, provide a response, and then resubmit another proposal explaining how they will mitigate environmental risks associated with the development.

A final investment decision was penciled in for 2025.

Australia is the second largest owner of hydrogen projects after the Netherlands, according to Wood Mackenzie, with advanced and early stage project developments groiwing by 45% in 2021 alone to 4.25GW.

"Australia's share in the globally traded market for low-carbon hydrogen or its derivatives could reach 25-45 million tonnes by 2050, equivalent to US$50-90 billion in potential export revenue," Wood Mackenzie markets and transition head Prakash Sharma told APPEA.
User avatar
Brumbie_Steve
Posts: 3429
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: The Australian Politics Thread

Post by Brumbie_Steve »

Expecting sensible decisions based on science from a minister who mistakenly changed the spelling of their name numerology purposes. Yeah, I'd like to see that.
She changed her name from Susan to Sussan after misunderstanding the spiritual practice of numerology.[11]
User avatar
Pat the Ex Mat
Posts: 6781
Joined: Wed Apr 27, 2016 1:50 am

Re: The Australian Politics Thread

Post by Pat the Ex Mat »

guy smiley wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 10:55 pm sigh....

https://www.energynewsbulletin.net/on-t ... ed-by-feds

THE GIGANTIC Asian Renewable Energy Hub which would cover a 6500 square kilometres in the East Pilbara, and export renewable electricity to Singapore, has been deemed too environmentally destructive by the federal government.

The consortium of developers behind the project received approval from the federal government for the massive $22 billion development last year.

However, after a thorough evaluation, InterContinental Energy, CWP Energy, and Macquarie, resubmitted their application to build the solar and wind hybrid project with minor changes.

Initially the project would export electricity via subsea cables. The newer application would include pipelines instead, for ammonia offloading, and other infrastructure.

The Asian Renewable Energy Hub will generate 26 gigawatts of renewable energy in Western Australia from wind and solar.

Around 3GW would be provided directly to large scale energy users in the Pilbara, while the bulk of the energy used to create green hydrogen for domestic and export markets.

The project's proponents say it would not only inject billions into the local Australian economy, but help neighbouring countries with carbon-free energy, and create 7,000 full time jobs during construction and its 50-year operational life.

Around 20,000 indirect jobs are also expected to be created during the construction phase.

It would also provide mining companies and fertiliser producers in the north with cheap hydrogen for industrial purposes.

However, just two days ago, the federal minister for the environment Sussan Ley refused to sign off on the project.

"The proposed action will have clearly unacceptable impacts on matters protected by Part 3 of the EPBC Act," she said in a decision published on Tuesday.

Energy News understands the decision by the minister was not conventional in nature.

The proponents of the project had not yet submitted an environmental plan to the government, merely outlined the proposal.

Usually, when a project of this size and nature is submitted in the early stages it will receive approval and then an EP will be drafted.

Furthermore, the developers had received initial approval once already from the federal government, and have Western Australian state government approvals in place.

It was even awarded Major Project Status as recently as October.

The federal minister's decision to not approve the revised proposal will mean operator Intercontinental Energy will have to withdraw its proposal, provide a response, and then resubmit another proposal explaining how they will mitigate environmental risks associated with the development.

A final investment decision was penciled in for 2025.

Australia is the second largest owner of hydrogen projects after the Netherlands, according to Wood Mackenzie, with advanced and early stage project developments groiwing by 45% in 2021 alone to 4.25GW.

"Australia's share in the globally traded market for low-carbon hydrogen or its derivatives could reach 25-45 million tonnes by 2050, equivalent to US$50-90 billion in potential export revenue," Wood Mackenzie markets and transition head Prakash Sharma told APPEA.
Could they be more blatant in looking after the Coal and Gas donors? :frown:
User avatar
Ali's Choice
Posts: 33583
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: Queensland

Re: The Australian Politics Thread

Post by Ali's Choice »

I'm interested to hear from Grievous about the make-up of this week's panel. 2 x News Corp journalists and one from the AFR, same as last week.

Image
User avatar
Pat the Ex Mat
Posts: 6781
Joined: Wed Apr 27, 2016 1:50 am

Re: The Australian Politics Thread

Post by Pat the Ex Mat »

Ali's Choice wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 5:39 am I'm interested to hear from Grievous about the make-up of this week's panel. 2 x News Corp journalists and one from the AFR, same as last week.

Image
Image
grievous
Posts: 13345
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: Tahstown

Re: The Australian Politics Thread

Post by grievous »

Ali's Choice wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 5:39 am I'm interested to hear from Grievous about the make-up of this week's panel. 2 x News Corp journalists and one from the AFR, same as last week.

Image
I'm interested to hear if you have genuine learning difficulties.
I told you twice a so called Newscorp journo from last week worked for the Age you are still wrong or stupid to admit you are.
Just stick to Sky after dark
User avatar
guy smiley
Posts: 36348
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: in transit

Re: The Australian Politics Thread

Post by guy smiley »

Grievous is Malcolm Roberts and I claim my dog eared copy of Trainspotter's Weekly.
User avatar
Pat the Ex Mat
Posts: 6781
Joined: Wed Apr 27, 2016 1:50 am

Re: The Australian Politics Thread

Post by Pat the Ex Mat »

guy smiley wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 6:55 am Grievous is Malcolm Roberts and I claim my dog eared copy of Trainspotter's Weekly.
Empirical....
User avatar
Ali's Choice
Posts: 33583
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: Queensland

Re: The Australian Politics Thread

Post by Ali's Choice »

grievous wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 6:47 am I'm interested to hear if you have genuine learning difficulties.
I told you twice a so called Newscorp journo from last week worked for the Age you are still wrong or stupid to admit you are.
Just stick to Sky after dark
I never said Phil Coorey worked for News Corp. You're an idiot.
User avatar
Ellafan
Posts: 6039
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: The Australian Politics Thread

Post by Ellafan »

Ali's Choice wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 7:17 am XXXX
Sorry to snip the repetitive rhetoric, but AC, are you saying that your argument that the ABC is pro-conservative is entirely based on the assertion the panel invited to sit on one show (one hour per week?) may once have worked, or still works, for a news service, or in a role, that you (secondary masked argument level where you assume what you seek to prove, a logical fallacy known since the time of the ancient Greeks) assume imbues them with some personal political philosophy? And then, at a third level of logical fallacy, assert that somehow imbues the other 99.98% of what the ABC is doing with anything other than its historically know left bias?

If you've got anything else, you might want to put it forward, because that lot is leaving skidmarks on the bowl.
User avatar
Ali's Choice
Posts: 33583
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: Queensland

Re: The Australian Politics Thread

Post by Ali's Choice »

Ellafan wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 9:52 am
Ali's Choice wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 7:17 am XXXX
Sorry to snip the repetitive rhetoric, but AC, are you saying that your argument that the ABC is pro-conservative is entirely based on the assertion the panel invited to sit on one show (one hour per week?) may once have worked, or still works, for a news service, or in a role, that you (secondary masked argument level where you assume what you seek to prove, a logical fallacy known since the time of the ancient Greeks) assume imbues them with some personal political philosophy? And then, at a third level of logical fallacy, assert that somehow imbues the other 99.98% of what the ABC is doing with anything other than its historically know left bias?

If you've got anything else, you might want to put it forward, because that lot is leaving skidmarks on the bowl.
When did I ever say that the ABC is pro conservative? Have you and grievous been taking stupid pills?
User avatar
Ellafan
Posts: 6039
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: The Australian Politics Thread

Post by Ellafan »

Ali's Choice wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 10:09 am
Ellafan wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 9:52 am
Ali's Choice wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 7:17 am XXXX
Sorry to snip the repetitive rhetoric, but AC, are you saying that your argument that the ABC is pro-conservative is entirely based on the assertion the panel invited to sit on one show (one hour per week?) may once have worked, or still works, for a news service, or in a role, that you (secondary masked argument level where you assume what you seek to prove, a logical fallacy known since the time of the ancient Greeks) assume imbues them with some personal political philosophy? And then, at a third level of logical fallacy, assert that somehow imbues the other 99.98% of what the ABC is doing with anything other than its historically know left bias?

If you've got anything else, you might want to put it forward, because that lot is leaving skidmarks on the bowl.
When did I ever say that the ABC is pro conservative? Have you and grievous been taking stupid pills?
Your silly assertions that the ABC was pro conservative earlier on this thread speak for themselves.

So, do you deny it's pro left bias?
User avatar
guy smiley
Posts: 36348
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: in transit

Re: The Australian Politics Thread

Post by guy smiley »

The Govt turned down 40 million Pfizer doses in July last year

After claiming “official” discussions with Pfizer had only started in December, Health Minister Greg Hunt has finally confirmed that the government met with Pfizer last July to discuss purchasing the Pfizer vaccine. Sources say Australia was given options for as many doses as needed to be delivered in January this year, yet government officials turned down the offer Callum Foote reports.

Until Question Time on Thursday, Health Minister Greg Hunt had for months repeatedly avoided answering questions on the issue, claiming the “offical” meetings with Pfizer had only started in December 2020.

Pfizer had allegedly offered Australia priority options for the vaccine in July 2020. According to Hunt, the government rejected the offer citing “medical advice”, deciding instead to back the AstraZeneca vaccine.

However, according to Bill Bowtell, UNSW Adjunct Professor of Strategic Health Policy, that advice must have been based on “commercial and political advice”.

Sources say the government could not have possibly decided on “medical advice” because it wasn’t available at the time.

The medical advice – the USFDA’s approval of Pfizer – didn’t occur until the end of 2020.

Sources say it appears the government decided to go with AZ for financial reasons. It was cheaper and AstraZeneca was allowing CSL to manufacture the vaccine in Melbourne. Studies have since shown the AZ vaccine to be far less effective against certain strains of COVID emerging from South Africa.

Bowtell believes questions of cost “should have been completely immaterial given the opportunity to secure best vaccines in shortest possible time”.

“We could have had 40 million doses by the start of January and the same coverage rates of adults as seen in US, UK and Israel.”

Covid restrictions in those countries are easing as a result of the vaccine coverage.

Norman Swan, host of Radio National’s Health Report, recently revealed that in a meeting on July 10 the Federal Government met with Pfizer.

Three sources told Swan that the Federal Government sent an inexperienced procurement officer to the meeting who “started nickel and diming on the costs”.

Pfizer had allegedly wanted to make an example out of Australia about how to properly conduct a vaccine rollout, similarly to how Israeli handled theirs. Instead, the Federal Government came back in November 2020 and ordered only 10 million doses of Pfizer.

According to Swan, Pfizer told the Australian Government that the company would provide any number of vaccines, yet the offer was rejected. The UK, on the other hand, went with a strategy of backing every horse, taking options out with all vaccine producing companies.

Between the meeting with Pfizer on July 10 and August 19, the newly formed Science and Industry Technical Advisory Group (SITAG) announced it had signed a letter of intent with Oxford/AZ covering local production with the price to be decided.

Following a slow approval process by the TGA, which took months to approve the AZ vaccine, Australia then had to wait on the production of the AstraZeneca vaccine out of CSL’s Melbourne manufacturing facility.

“We locked ourselves into something which we couldn’t make quickly and we dragged out the approval process,” says Bowtell.
Top men :thumbup: :thumbup:

Top.

Men.
User avatar
Pat the Ex Mat
Posts: 6781
Joined: Wed Apr 27, 2016 1:50 am

Re: The Australian Politics Thread

Post by Pat the Ex Mat »

Masters of the economy........

How much as that Nickel and Diming cost?
User avatar
Ali's Choice
Posts: 33583
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: Queensland

Re: The Australian Politics Thread

Post by Ali's Choice »

Ellafan wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 10:44 am Your silly assertions that the ABC was pro conservative earlier on this thread speak for themselves.

So, do you deny it's pro left bias?
Sigh. How many times do I need to repeat myself? I have never said that the ABC was a conservative new outlet or pro-conservative. That's your right wing paranoia coming out. I simply said that the ABC's editorial slant has shifted to the right. You and grevious can cry all you like, but the reality is I'm correct.
grievous
Posts: 13345
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: Tahstown

Re: The Australian Politics Thread

Post by grievous »

Ali's Choice wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 3:13 am
Ellafan wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 10:44 am Your silly assertions that the ABC was pro conservative earlier on this thread speak for themselves.

So, do you deny it's pro left bias?
Sigh. How many times do I need to repeat myself? I have never said that the ABC was a conservative new outlet or pro-conservative. That's your right wing paranoia coming out. I simply said that the ABC's editorial slant has shifted to the right. You and grevious can cry all you like, but the reality is I'm correct.
I've asked you and Guy Sanctimonious to provide evidence of this and all you can do is point out "conservative" panels on Insiders.
The ABC continues to attack the LNP and show a more left wing bias in some sloppy 4 corners episodes, you have no point as usual.
User avatar
Ali's Choice
Posts: 33583
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: Queensland

Re: The Australian Politics Thread

Post by Ali's Choice »

grievous wrote: Sun Jun 20, 2021 12:59 am
Ali's Choice wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 3:13 am
Ellafan wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 10:44 am Your silly assertions that the ABC was pro conservative earlier on this thread speak for themselves.

So, do you deny it's pro left bias?
Sigh. How many times do I need to repeat myself? I have never said that the ABC was a conservative new outlet or pro-conservative. That's your right wing paranoia coming out. I simply said that the ABC's editorial slant has shifted to the right. You and grevious can cry all you like, but the reality is I'm correct.
I've asked you and Guy Sanctimonious to provide evidence of this and all you can do is point out "conservative" panels on Insiders.
The ABC continues to attack the LNP and show a more left wing bias in some sloppy 4 corners episodes, you have no point as usual.
:yawn:
grievous
Posts: 13345
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: Tahstown

Re: The Australian Politics Thread

Post by grievous »

One of your best posts
towny
Posts: 22927
Joined: Sat Feb 18, 2012 11:53 pm
Location: Perth

Re: The Australian Politics Thread

Post by towny »

I can’t believe this government has turned out to be inept and dishonest. I wonder how much the avoidable 18 month delay in opening Australia’s borders will cost?
User avatar
Clogs
Posts: 5510
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: The Australian Politics Thread

Post by Clogs »

towny wrote: Sun Jun 20, 2021 1:53 am I can’t believe this government has turned out to be inept and dishonest. I wonder how much the avoidable 18 month delay in opening Australia’s borders will cost?
Billions. And Billions.
User avatar
guy smiley
Posts: 36348
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: in transit

Re: The Australian Politics Thread

Post by guy smiley »

Nah nah nah... I'm not interested in the leader's job, Michael's doing a very goo... he's doing the best he can.

No, no need to worry about a spill, I'm not a quitter...

Image









The Beetrooter is back. :lol:
User avatar
Ali's Choice
Posts: 33583
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: Queensland

Re: The Australian Politics Thread

Post by Ali's Choice »

And just like that we have a new Deputy PM.
User avatar
Clogs
Posts: 5510
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: The Australian Politics Thread

Post by Clogs »

Amazing to think that nut job has achieved more politically than Albert whatsisname the opposition bloke.
User avatar
Ali's Choice
Posts: 33583
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: Queensland

Re: The Australian Politics Thread

Post by Ali's Choice »

Clogs wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 3:20 am Amazing to think that nut job has achieved more politically than Albert whatsisname the opposition bloke.
What a strange comment. Your ability to turn any event, even a National Party leadership spill, into an attack on the ALP is amazing.
User avatar
Clogs
Posts: 5510
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: The Australian Politics Thread

Post by Clogs »

Ali's Choice wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 3:28 am
Clogs wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 3:20 am Amazing to think that nut job has achieved more politically than Albert whatsisname the opposition bloke.
What a strange comment. Your ability to turn any event, even a National Party leadership spill, into an attack on the ALP is amazing.
I have learnt from a master.
User avatar
Pat the Ex Mat
Posts: 6781
Joined: Wed Apr 27, 2016 1:50 am

Re: The Australian Politics Thread

Post by Pat the Ex Mat »

Clogs wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 3:20 am Amazing to think that nut job has achieved more politically than Albert whatsisname the opposition bloke.
Quite:
'I didn't sleep for a week': Catherine Marriott speaks out about alleged sexual harassment by Barnaby Joyce
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-09-18/ ... e/10255518
Post Reply