Re: NZ Transgender Weightlifter Cleared to Compete by the IOC

Post by DAC_ »

is a valid line of questioning.
:lol:
Tehui

Post by Tehui »

towny wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 10:38 am [*]
Ali's Choice wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 10:27 am So this thread has descended into a Monster's Ball for bigots. We have bigots mockingly referring to transgender women as "geezers" and making bets about whether other bigoted posters would let a trans woman suck their dick.
tbf, I think that last point is a valid line of questioning.
He was the one who wanted to talk about the clean and jerk.
booji boy

Post by booji boy »

A golfer is paired with an attractive woman on the 1st tee and she challenges him to a match with the loser to buy the drinks. He readily agrees. She plays brilliantly and wins and he is extremely impressed. Over a few drinks one thing leads to another and they end up sleeping together. The next day the woman admits that she is transgender and used to be a bloke.

At this point the golfer explodes with rage "You cheating, deceitful bitch!" He screams at her. She is somewhat taken aback. "I thought you would be more understanding of my gender choice?"

"I don't give a fudge about your gender choice! But you beat me playing off the ladies tees!"
Muttonbirds

Post by Muttonbirds »

booji boy wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 10:54 am A golfer is paired with an attractive woman on the 1st tee and she challenges him to a match with the loser to buy the drinks. He readily agrees. She plays brilliantly and wins and he is extremely impressed. Over a few drinks one thing leads to another and they end up sleeping together. The next day the woman admits that she is transgender and used to be a bloke.

At this point the golfer explodes with rage "You cheating, deceitful bitch!" He screams at her. She is somewhat taken aback. "I thought you would be more understanding of my gender choice?"

"I don't give a fudge about your gender choice! But you beat me playing off the ladies tees!"
Ah, brilliant Koru Lounge humour there. :uhoh:
towny

Post by towny »

Muttonbirds wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 11:08 am
booji boy wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 10:54 am A golfer is paired with an attractive woman on the 1st tee and she challenges him to a match with the loser to buy the drinks. He readily agrees. She plays brilliantly and wins and he is extremely impressed. Over a few drinks one thing leads to another and they end up sleeping together. The next day the woman admits that she is transgender and used to be a bloke.

I thought it was pretty funny. But I'm trying to be more woke so can you please help me understand where I should have been offended?
booji boy

Post by booji boy »

Probably a joke only golfers will appreciate.
Muttonbirds

Post by Muttonbirds »

towny wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 11:12 am

I thought it was pretty funny. But I'm trying to be more woke so can you please help me understand where I should have been offended?
If you have to ask...
DAC_

Post by DAC_ »

Muttonbirds wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 11:18 am
towny wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 11:12 am

If you have to ask...
You don't know, do you. Your just programmed to see anything that isn't "stunning and brave" as bigotry.
Anonymous 1

Post by Anonymous 1 »

DAC_ wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 10:26 am You people can say all you want, you just won't make me accept that someone who has a penis is a woman. Good luck to the individual in all that they do.
You people can say all you want , you just won't make me accept that currently we can make someone who had a penis into a woman. Good luck to the transgender women in all that they do
towny

Post by towny »

booji boy wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 11:13 am

Probably a joke only golfers will appreciate.
:smug:

That sweet feeling of being part of a clique.
madman

Post by madman »

Perhaps of more concern to the transgender community is when their gender identity conflicts with their body parts can have health issues. Such as when transgender man not being invited for their cervical smear test.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-56942480
mabunch78

Post by mabunch78 »

Logically what should piss the wokists off most is this:

The opportunity for sporting glory is not the same for all transgender athletes. Those transitioning from male to female have a far greater opportunity for sporting recognition and success competing henceforth as female than those transitioning from female to male and henceforth competing as male.

This is patently not fair! It is clearly a structural barrier that must be torn down. What is to be done?
Muttonbirds

Post by Muttonbirds »

mabunch78 wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 2:42 am Logically what should piss the wokists off most is this:

The opportunity for sporting glory is not the same for all transgender athletes. Those transitioning from male to female have a far greater opportunity for sporting recognition and success competing henceforth as female than those transitioning from female to male and henceforth competing as male.

This is patently not fair! It is clearly a structural barrier that must be torn down. What is to be done?
Sexton managed ok.
bimboman

Post by bimboman »

Muttonbirds wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 2:56 am
mabunch78 wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 2:42 am Logically what should piss the wokists off most is this:

Sexton managed ok.

So Mutton is actually fine using the idea of
Transition as an insult , hypocrisy doesn’t even cover it.
Muttonbirds

Post by Muttonbirds »

bimboman wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 7:34 am

Sexton managed ok.

Tough crowd. :lol:
msp.

Post by msp. »

Sexton managed ok.

Whilst the joke did make me smile, i was a bit surprised as to who posted it..
bimboman

Post by bimboman »

Muttonbirds wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 7:50 am

Sexton managed ok.

No, you don’t get to hop on and off the bus. You get your dull , woke existence of no context or humour, because that’s your demands on others.
towny

Post by towny »

bimboman wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 8:49 am
Muttonbirds wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 7:50 am

Sexton managed ok.

No, you don’t get to hop on and off the bus. You get your dull , woke existence of no context or humour, because that’s your demands on others.
This!
Tehui

Post by Tehui »

bimboman wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 8:49 am No, you don’t get to hop on and off the bus. You get your dull , woke existence of no context or humour, because that’s your demands on others.
The gloves are off now. It's open season.

Anonymous 1

Post by Anonymous 1 »

Shouldn't all male athletes get their testosterone levels limited in an attempt to level the playing field for the transgender males

Sonny Blount

Post by Sonny Blount »

https://twitter.com/FondOfBeetles/statu ... 3444993024

"Top 32 completed lifts from the International Weightlifting Federation World Masters Championships, 2010-2019.

Women/35-39 years/open weight cat.

They are ranked, left to right, in increasing weight lifted. "
Zakar

Post by Zakar »

Sexton managed ok.
Are you

A) a big fan of sexton; or
B) Using a female to male TG as an insult?
booji boy

Post by booji boy »

Zakar wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 10:04 pm

Sexton managed ok.
Are you

The silence from Muttontwat is deafening when put on the spot.
Muttonbirds

Post by Muttonbirds »

booji boy wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 9:20 pm

Sexton managed ok.
Are you

:lol: Meh. Sexton acts like big fanny on the pitch.

I see I've cornered you into losing all sense of humour on here. :nod:
jambanja

Post by jambanja »

Muttonbirds wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 9:44 pm

Sexton managed ok.
Are you

Oh so when it's you making the insulting or denigrating comments then it's ok to pass it off as humor, but when someone else does it you're all over them for being worse than Stalin...got it, yet another reason not to take a single thing you say seriously
booji boy

Post by booji boy »

jambanja wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 10:57 pm
Muttonbirds wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 9:44 pm
Muttonbirds wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 2:56 am Sexton managed ok.
Are you

Oh so when it's you making the insulting or denigrating comments then it's ok to pass it off as humor, but when someone else does it you're all over them for being worse than Stalin...got it, yet another reason not to take a single thing you say seriously
Thanks for saving me the time Jammy. :thumbup:
Muttonbirds

Post by Muttonbirds »

Meh.
mabunch78

Post by mabunch78 »

Gaslighting. It's despicable.
mabunch78

Post by mabunch78 »

In other words, the sport has become a circus...
mabunch78

Post by mabunch78 »

L Hubbard has been selected:

https://www.bbc.com/sport/weightlifting/57548861

Get the victory Haka ready...
Dark

Post by Dark »

I think with the exception of Muttonbirds, we can probably agree their inclusion is a bit unfair to women competitors who have worked their arses off.

Problem is this woke shit, you must accept it is probably just going to get more and more dictatoral.

With us or cancelled.
Ali's Choice

Post by Ali's Choice »

I'm very happy for Ms Hubbard. A good, common sense decision which hopefully sets a precedent for other sports globally :thumbup:
sorCrer

Post by sorCrer »

:lol:
mdaclarke

Post by mdaclarke »

mabunch78 wrote: Tue Jun 01, 2021 7:11 am
I hope that they completely destroy the rest of the field and break the Olympic record by two country miles. The fairness issues will then be impossible to ignore. I wonder if they will deliberately perform within themselves so that they win but are not too far ahead.
Anonymous 1

Post by Anonymous 1 »

[*]
Ali's Choice wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 10:27 am So this thread has descended into a Monster's Ball for bigots. We have bigots mockingly referring to transgender women as "geezers" and making bets about whether other bigoted posters would let a trans woman suck their dick.
If a transgender woman was a woman she wouldn't be called a transgender woman. You can pretend they are women all you want to but you know you'd only let one suck your cock if you were gay.

That is all
Anonymous 1

Post by Anonymous 1 »

This is straight out of Monty Python
terryfinch

Post by terryfinch »

Ali's Choice wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 11:08 am I'm very happy for Ms Hubbard. A good, common sense decision which hopefully sets a precedent for other sports globally :thumbup:

So if, say, Roger Federer felt the men’s tennis game was becoming too tough and declared himself a woman and went on to win millions of dollars in the women’s game, that would be ok?
Sonny Blount

Post by Sonny Blount »

mdaclarke wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 12:57 pm
mabunch78 wrote: Tue Jun 01, 2021 7:11 am
I hope that they completely destroy the rest of the field and break the Olympic record by two country miles. The fairness issues will then be impossible to ignore. I wonder if they will deliberately perform within themselves so that they win but are not too far ahead.

She was a mediocre lifter when a male, is 43 now and had a recent serious injury.

I think the event wll be quite competitive.