WORLD TEST CHAMPIONSHIP FINAL- New Zealand vs India, The Rose Bowl, Southampton(moved from Lords because of COVID)

All things Rugby
Anonymous 1

Re: WORLD TEST CHAMPIONSHIP FINAL- New Zealand vs India, The Rose Bowl, Southampton(moved from Lords because of COVID)

Post by Anonymous 1 »

JPNZ wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 8:04 pm India will look to survive on the final day. NZ need the 8 wickets quickly then bat fast to claim a victory. It’s all to play for tomorrow and the forecast is sunshine all day.
Im assuming NZ will take wickets but if not India will look to declare.
kiwigreg369

Re: WORLD TEST CHAMPIONSHIP FINAL- New Zealand vs India, The Rose Bowl, Southampton(moved from Lords because of COVID)

Post by kiwigreg369 »

It going to take a hell of a day to make this a great final.

It will need a winner, and the loser coming desperately close.
Monkey Magic

Post by Monkey Magic »

Sunny day not as much swing?

India bat session and a half, ashwin and jadeja come on and rip through us. NZ lose by 100 runs. It would we comforting in the nostalgia, and also potentially cement the wtc for the future. If India lose it'll be dead
JPNZ

Post by JPNZ »

Its going to be very interesting how India bat first session.

Attack & push the pace, obviously look to make a match of it and declare around the middle of the day

Prod along and bat 60 overs then put NZ in and watch a draw.

I hope Kohli makes a match of it and your right the spinners are going to have a big say here today/tomorrow. Sunny day and drier pitch so batting will be the easiest of the previous 5 days.
mrbrownstone

Post by mrbrownstone »

I still think a draw is by far the most likely result. Famous last words, but I don't see India getting far enough ahead fast enough given the scoring rate throughout the match. Would they be sporting and give us 150 to chase in ~40 overs?

From NZ's perspective, if anyone's going to do it, I'd love a big effort from Wags on a 6th-day pitch.
JPNZ

Post by JPNZ »

The winners of the much-awaited ICC World Test Championship (WTC) Final between India and New Zealand will take home a purse of $1.6 million USD along with the ICC Test Championship Mace, the International Cricket Council announced today.

The losing team will get $800,000 USD for finishing second in the nine-team competition, which was played over a near two-year cycle, adding context to Test cricket and to crown the first official world champions in the longest format of the game.
If Drawn they will share the Trophy (2 years each) and split the $2.4 Million USD prize money evenly. India probably don't need the money as much as NZ. Just hoping for a decent days cricket tbh
Anonymous 1

Post by Anonymous 1 »

kiwigreg369 wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 11:14 pm It going to take a hell of a day to make this a great final.

It will need a winner, and the loser coming desperately close.
Winviz
India 8%
NZ 19%
Draw 73%
Anonymous 1

Post by Anonymous 1 »

JPNZ wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 2:20 am Its going to be very interesting how India bat first session.

Attack & push the pace, obviously look to make a match of it and declare around the middle of the day

Prod along and bat 60 overs then put NZ in and watch a draw.

I hope Kohli makes a match of it and your right the spinners are going to have a big say here today/tomorrow. Sunny day and drier pitch so batting will be the easiest of the previous 5 days.
India will definitely try and preserve wickets and take time out of the game. leaving Pant 10 overs to transform their score would be the dream
Kiwias

Post by Kiwias »

The best part of this test is the way neither team will give an inch, even when the opponent looks like taking command of the match. They both find ways of wresting some degree of command back, making it almost impossible to pick a winner.
Anonymous 1

Post by Anonymous 1 »

Kiwias wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 3:04 am The best part of this test is the way neither team will give an inch, even when the opponent looks like taking command of the match. They both find ways of wresting some degree of command back, making it almost impossible to pick a winner.
4 day test on a decent track with decent teams is going to be hard to pick a winner. Lucky overhead has helped the bowlers
mrbrownstone

Post by mrbrownstone »

Kiwias wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 3:04 am The best part of this test is the way neither team will give an inch, even when the opponent looks like taking command of the match. They both find ways of wresting some degree of command back, making it almost impossible to pick a winner.
Agreed. It has been high-quality stuff and a great advertisement for the game. No matter the result, I'm very pleased that we've gone blow for blow with a team that I think most people would rate as the best in the world on paper. Before the game, I had horrible flashbacks to the 2015 Final and 2019 Aus tour, where we didn't put up a fight at all on the big stage, and worried that this might be the same. Glad that hasn't come to pass.
RandomNavigat0r

Post by RandomNavigat0r »

Anyone know what racial abuse was specifically said to Ross Taylor? It was picked up on the telecast and some complaints were made and they found the two culprits in the stadium and removed them. But prior to that their was a fair bit of abuse of the NZL cricketers escalating to racial abuse of Ross Taylor. Anyone got any examples of what was said?
Kiwias

Post by Kiwias »

mrbrownstone wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 5:32 am
Agreed. It has been high-quality stuff and a great advertisement for the game. No matter the result, I'm very pleased that we've gone blow for blow with a team that I think most people would rate as the best in the world on paper. Before the game, I had horrible flashbacks to the 2015 Final and 2019 Aus tour, where we didn't put up a fight at all on the big stage, and worried that this might be the same. Glad that hasn't come to pass.
The long-suffering BCs fan deep inside me is tempted to add "yet" to the end of your last sentence but these lads deserve a deeper sense of belief.
Enzedder
Location: End of the road, turn right and first house on the left

Post by Enzedder »

RandomNavigat0r wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 6:04 am Anyone know what racial abuse was specifically said to Ross Taylor? It was picked up on the telecast and some complaints were made and they found the two culprits in the stadium and removed them. But prior to that their was a fair bit of abuse of the NZL cricketers escalating to racial abuse of Ross Taylor. Anyone got any examples of what was said?
Not the infamous Mah ki again, was it?
Grandpa

Post by Grandpa »

To be fair to India, the conditions are far more suitable to NZ... I wonder how NZ would have done if we had played India in say.. Sri Lanka? Or some other spinner friendly wicket?
mrbrownstone

Post by mrbrownstone »

Grandpa wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 8:54 am
To be fair to India, the conditions are far more suitable to NZ... I wonder how NZ would have done if we had played India in say.. Sri Lanka? Or some other spinner friendly wicket?
I mean, we'd probably have been pantsed, but I'm not sure this pitch is that favourable to NZ.

Obviously, it is far more favourable to us than India, no question, but our home pitches have been a lot flatter and more batsman-friendly than this one in recent years, and a lot of our success has been built on that.

Anyway, excited to tune in to watch us share custody of a mace with Virat.
Anonymous 1

Post by Anonymous 1 »

A finish like the one day final :thumbup:
guy smiley

Post by guy smiley »

RandomNavigat0r wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 6:04 am Anyone know what racial abuse was specifically said to Ross Taylor? It was picked up on the telecast and some complaints were made and they found the two culprits in the stadium and removed them. But prior to that their was a fair bit of abuse of the NZL cricketers escalating to racial abuse of Ross Taylor. Anyone got any examples of what was said?
It sticks out like dog's balls that when Australia aren't playing the matches are generally played in good spirit with no controversy...so well done you for flying your little flag and trying to inject some trademark niggle.
mrbrownstone

Post by mrbrownstone »

I don't know specifically, but it was audible on the broadcast at times given the small crowd. No room for that shit in the game, glad they were ejected.
Kiwias

Post by Kiwias »

Just a quick check on whether there is a good working link.

EDIT: up and running. :D
RandomNavigat0r

Kiwias wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 10:08 am Just a quick check on whether there is a good working link.

If you have a VPN the official ICC webpage has one for free for anyone that lives in a country that doesn't have a broadcast provider.

Also cricinfo.com has an official stream too, I think you need to set the VPN to USA from memory and it's free
RandomNavigat0r

Kiwias wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 10:08 am Just a quick check on whether there is a good working link.

Too be fair if you aren't watching this shit in HD you aren't really watching it.
Cartman

Post by Cartman »

Must say i like the google live score pin thing. Saves me having to check every 5 mins at work
JB1981

Post by JB1981 »

Glorious blue skies :thumbup:
Kiwias

Post by Kiwias »

RandomNavigat0r wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 10:24 am

Too be fair if you aren't watching this shit in HD you aren't really watching it.
I’m in a country in which cricket’s profile is way below the horizon so I’ll take what I can get. In this case, the ICC feed is working perfectly. Cheers
Kiwias

Post by Kiwias »

JB1981 wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 10:30 am Glorious blue skies :thumbup:
What a beautiful sight.
RuggaBugga

Post by RuggaBugga »

Piss all movement, need to get off their pads. Meat and drink for India

Rancid mockers bait
JB1981

Post by JB1981 »

Nothing to trouble the batsman so far who look to have a bit of intent. The knot of doubt in the stomach (typical of a Blackcaps fan) is creeping in.
brat

Post by brat »

Unless we get kohli/ pujara soon looking like a boring draw atm unfortunately

Why couldn’t we have had some of this weather earlier
RuggaBugga

Post by RuggaBugga »

Beautiful bowling by Jamieson that over for no reward. If we don't get a couple in the first hour reckon it's over as a contest.
trapper

Post by trapper »

Got him….. again!
RuggaBugga

Post by RuggaBugga »

YES! Go on Jamieson you farken legend.
brat

Post by brat »

Great bowling kJ

Our attack looks flat when the ball stops swinging as per usual..only kJ is the point of difference now
RuggaBugga

Post by RuggaBugga »

brat wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 11:02 am Great bowling kJ

Our attack looks flat when the ball stops swinging as per usual..only kJ is the point of difference now
Southee is getting a bit of swing. Just looks to be going a bit early if anything.
Kiwias

Post by Kiwias »

RuggaBugga wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 10:36 am Piss all movement, need to get off their pads. Meat and drink for India

Rancid mockers bait
Mocker gods are listening, PUjara too gone now
trapper

Post by trapper »

KJ again! That's a big wicket...
RuggaBugga

Post by RuggaBugga »

Oh yes! Ah well, no sleep for me tonight :D
RuggaBugga

Post by RuggaBugga »

If we get Pant cheaply its on like Donkey Kong
brat

Post by brat »

RuggaBugga wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 11:06 am If we get Pant cheaply its on like Donkey Kong
Yeh I wonder how he’s going to handle this

Incredibly talented, but has he got the temperament- he did it vs Australia when all was lost