Re: Bledisloe Cup I: All Blacks vs Wallabies: MATCH THREAD: Sat 7th Aug

Post by Fat Old Git »

Error 404. :(
UncleFB

Post by UncleFB »

Fat Old Git wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 6:27 am Error 404. :(
Fixed the link.

Between you and Pakia I feel like I'm under the jackboots of the forum police today. :lol:
deverix

Post by deverix »

Ali's Choice wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 10:48 pm I don't really care if the Rugby Championship is held in NZ or Australia. I just want a decision to be made quickly so that the tournament can go ahead. Forget the Springboks, they were never coming to play anyway. They've been desperately looking for an excuse to not show up all year, and the now have it. Of course they will demand to be paid in full, that's how the SARU operate, but we know that and NZR and RA should have budgeted accordingly.
South Africa not playing means 6 less Rugby Championship games, and you're ok with that?

No one will tolerate simply playing Argentina & the Wallabies twice again like last year.

The Springboks are contractually obliged by their sponsors to attend this year's RC or else they aren't getting paid.
Last edited by deverix on Mon Jul 26, 2021 6:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ali's Choice

Post by Ali's Choice »

deverix wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 6:30 am
Ali's Choice wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 10:48 pm I don't really care if the Rugby Championship is held in NZ or Australia. I just want a decision to be made quickly so that the tournament can go ahead. Forget the Springboks, they were never coming to play anyway. They've been desperately looking for an excuse to not show up all year, and the now have it. Of course they will demand to be paid in full, that's how the SARU operate, but we know that and NZR and RA should have budgeted accordingly.
South Africa not playing means 6 less rugby championship matches, and you're ok with that?
Where did I say was ok with that? Please read before you troll. I simply said that in my opinion they were always going to look for an excuse not to turn up.
guy smiley

Post by guy smiley »

UncleFB wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 6:29 am
Fixed the link.

Between you and Pakia I feel like I'm under the jackboots of the forum police today. :lol:
Frizell's been charged with Assaulting a female and common assault.
Fat Old Git

Post by Fat Old Git »

:P g
UncleFB wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 6:29 am
Fixed the link.

Jack sneaker in my case... ;)
Ali's Choice

Post by Ali's Choice »

Looks like this test will still go ahead but the rest of the tests are a moving feast. Credit to NZR and RA, they appear to be trying hard to come up with a workable solution.

https://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/rugby/all ... -the-table
guy smiley

Post by guy smiley »

Ali's Choice wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 7:00 am Looks like this test will still go ahead but the rest of the tests are a moving feast. Credit to NZR and RA, they appear to be trying hard to come up with a workable solution.

60000 tickets sold for the Perth test makes it pretty well impossible to cancel or postpone that without causing a major crisis no-one needs... and a sticking point is the planned travel into NSW of both Argentina and SA.

How about trying to set up a travel bubble between WA and NZ for the teams and have them isolate in Perth before travelling to NZ...

and Beervana means Wellington can't be used for a weekend? Pardon the pun but piss that off somewhere else.
Pakia Pakia

Post by Pakia Pakia »

guy smiley wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 7:08 am
Ali's Choice wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 7:00 am Looks like this test will still go ahead but the rest of the tests are a moving feast. Credit to NZR and RA, they appear to be trying hard to come up with a workable solution.

60000 tickets sold for the Perth test makes it pretty well impossible to cancel or postpone that without causing a major crisis no-one needs... and a sticking point is the planned travel into NSW of both Argentina and SA.

How about trying to set up a travel bubble between WA and NZ for the teams and have them isolate in Perth before travelling to NZ...

and Beervana means Wellington can't be used for a weekend? Pardon the pun but piss that off somewhere else.
It's too easy for there to be an outbreak and there are not enough New Zealanders vaccinated. The last two outbreaks in Melbourne have come via South Australia and New South Wales.

It's just a rugby game. Twiggy will have some spare change to solve that 60,000 tickets issue.
towny

Post by towny »

The big question is, wtf have Australia and NZ been doing with their vaccination roll-out? Both basked in the adulation for isolating their populations to keep them safe, but now they’re the worst performers of developed world when it comes to doing something far more difficult.
Dan54.

Post by Dan54. »

I not too worried if what they now talking about happens, first 2 Bled games in NZ, play Perth test, and the Pumas in Aus, but f*** me the Boks tests need to be played here in NZ.
The 100th test between NZ and SA should not be played in Aus, where let's face it a good percentage of the rugby fans don't understand what good hard rugby is, they just want comps where Aus teams are guaranteed of winning etc . ;)
Not really proper rugby place for such a historic match to be played. :nod:
guy smiley

Post by guy smiley »

towny wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 9:28 am The big question is, wtf have Australia and NZ been doing with their vaccination roll-out? Both basked in the adulation for isolating their populations to keep them safe, but now they’re the worst performers of developed world when it comes to doing something far more difficult.
Yeah nah.

Australia didn't bother to take up an offer of early supply from Pfizer and NZ doesn't have the economic clout to jump any queue for earlier supply and had to wait. NZ are rolling out as fast as the vaccine arrives. Australia have a stockpile of AZ but managed to convince everyone it could give their babies radiation and turn them into microwaves so no-one's taking it.
guy smiley

Post by guy smiley »

UncleFB wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 5:55 am In other news another immigrant AB under investigation for assaulting a woman.

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/sport/rugby- ... PFLFS4RUE/
https://www.odt.co.nz/sport/rugby/frize ... ce-charges
Highlanders and All Blacks player Shannon Frizell has apologised for assaulting two people as he looks set to avoid a conviction on violence charges.
The New Zealand Rugby Union was expected to make a statement later today.
obelixtim

Post by obelixtim »

towny wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 9:28 am The big question is, wtf have Australia and NZ been doing with their vaccination roll-out? Both basked in the adulation for isolating their populations to keep them safe, but now they’re the worst performers of developed world when it comes to doing something far more difficult.
The NZ rollout has been a pigs ear.

The Health boards decided to set up anew system to do the job, which is a shambles. GPs are already set up to provide the system, because they have everything in place for their normal practices, but the gummint knew better. The doctors were not even asked their opinion.
Sonny Blount

Post by Sonny Blount »

guy smiley wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 9:59 pm
Yeah nah.

Australia didn't bother to take up an offer of early supply from Pfizer and NZ doesn't have the economic clout to jump any queue for earlier supply and had to wait. NZ are rolling out as fast as the vaccine arrives. Australia have a stockpile of AZ but managed to convince everyone it could give their babies radiation and turn them into microwaves so no-one's taking it.
New Zealand was easily able to afford the 'buy now' price that Israel paid to get the Pfizer vaccine ASAP.

The additional cost was on par with a day or two of lockdown, or something like 0.1% of the wage subsidy.

We also didn't put our order in until quite late.
UncleFB

Post by UncleFB »

obelixtim wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 12:34 am

The Health boards decided to set up anew system to do the job, which is a shambles. GPs are already set up to provide the system, because they have everything in place for their normal practices, but the gummint knew better. The doctors were not even asked their opinion.
I thought NZ had Pfizer exclusively? I thought it was only recently that they've modified the storage requirements for Pfizer (talking worldwide here not NZ specific) which would allow GPs to distribute them more widely?
Dumbledore

Post by Dumbledore »

UncleFB wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 5:55 am In other news another immigrant AB under investigation for assaulting a woman.

Immigrant is a nice touch. Good to see that he was offered diversion, locking him up wouldn't help anything. Hopefully the woman's okay.

Can't imagine this will have any impact on his career given how things have worked out for Sevu Reece.
UncleFB

Post by UncleFB »

Dumbledore wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 2:07 am

Immigrant is a nice touch. Good to see that he was offered diversion, locking him up wouldn't help anything. Hopefully the woman's okay.

Can't imagine this will have any impact on his career given how things have worked out for Sevu Reece.
Immigrant is factual.

I think it will impact him by greatly improving his career, the other immigrant was leaving NZ rugby for the Ireland and presumably Fiji (unless he was to become O'Reece) and by the end of the year was starring (I'm using that term very loosely) for the ABs at the RWC.

So I expect Shannon will be the undisputed AB starting number 6 for as long as he wants to be.
Thomas

Post by Thomas »

Some solid racism there from the editor.

"Tongan-born" :lol: :|
UncleFB

Post by UncleFB »

Thomas wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 2:59 am

What the hell, journos aren't allowed to print facts anymore? :lol:
Dan54.

Post by Dan54. »

Not sure why it's been a pig's ear, I just got my first shot an hour ago, I rung up and booked it all ok. A lot of chemist shops are doing it also.
shanky

Post by shanky »

Yeah nah.

Is that really fair?

I’m no fan of this government, but ATAGI was the one giving the advice, made worse perhaps by Jeanette Young wigging out on live TV

If they’d ignored the advice, the woke/pc/cancel/virtue crowd would have had a stroke.
Thomas

Post by Thomas »

UncleFB wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 3:07 am

What does the fact he was born in Tonga have to do with him being charged?
UncleFB

Post by UncleFB »

Thomas wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 3:23 am

What does the fact he plays for the Highlanders and All Blacks, has 15 test caps, and is a loose forward have to do with him being charged?

The editor is probably a Pom highlighting NZs ongoing raping of the PIs.
Fat Old Git

Post by Fat Old Git »

Wallabies granted 'economic exemption' to enter New Zealand for Eden Park match

The Government has granted the Wallabies an “economic exemption” to enter New Zealand so a Bledisloe Cup match at Eden Park can go ahead.

Sport and Recreation Minister Grant Robertson issued a press statement on Tuesday afternoon detailing the Government’s decision to allow the Australian rugby team through New Zealand’s border – after it was closed to trans-Tasman travel last week.

“This is important economically. A test match is estimated to be worth between $17-20 million in spending for host regions, while the broadcast rights provide much needed income for the sport, which positively effects all levels of the game,” Robertson said, in the statement.
https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/politi ... park-match
UncleFB

Post by UncleFB »

Fat Old Git wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 3:32 am
Wallabies granted 'economic exemption' to enter New Zealand for Eden Park match

The Government has granted the Wallabies an “economic exemption” to enter New Zealand so a Bledisloe Cup match at Eden Park can go ahead.

Sport and Recreation Minister Grant Robertson issued a press statement on Tuesday afternoon detailing the Government’s decision to allow the Australian rugby team through New Zealand’s border – after it was closed to trans-Tasman travel last week.

“This is important economically. A test match is estimated to be worth between $17-20 million in spending for host regions, while the broadcast rights provide much needed income for the sport, which positively effects all levels of the game,” Robertson said, in the statement.
https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/politi ... park-match
:thumbup:
guy smiley

Post by guy smiley »

shanky wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 3:20 am
Yeah nah.

Is that really fair?

I’m no fan of this government, but ATAGI was the one giving the advice, made worse perhaps by Jeanette Young wigging out on live TV

If they’d ignored the advice, the woke/pc/cancel/virtue crowd would have had a stroke.
Fair?

It’s a Bledisloe thread. I didn’t realise standards applied. At least I managed to spell everything wright.
shanky

Post by shanky »

Faux-nett-ick
guy smiley

Post by guy smiley »

Russell Crowe Syndrome.
guy smiley

Post by guy smiley »

shanky wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 3:47 am Faux-nett-ick
Ooo… sounds hot, like fishnets.
shanky

Post by shanky »

guy smiley wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 3:50 am
shanky wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 3:47 am Faux-nett-ick
Ooo… sounds hot, like fishnets.
Epistemiouslogy
:thumbup: :lol:
grievous

Post by grievous »

Calm down bro youre taking this shit to new heights
Ted.

Post by Ted. »

I agree that out DHBs are horribly ineffective, but they are what we have to work with for delivery. If you think a brand new delivery system could be set up on the fly, with trained technicians and health care workers distributing and giving out vaccines without the involvement of the DHBs, i think you are wrong. Also, GPs are heavily involved already, but do not have the logistical organisation or delivery equipment Pfizer vaccine requires to get out to GPs.

However, none if that changes the fact that we've got it out there as quickly as we've received product, in most instances, and despite Sonny's protestations that we could afford it, yes we could, we ordered as much as we could as early as we could and got it no later than we needed or deserved to gave it.
Dumbledore

Post by Dumbledore »

UncleFB wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 2:20 am

Immigrant is factual.

I think it will impact him by greatly improving his career, the other immigrant was leaving NZ rugby for the Ireland and presumably Fiji (unless he was to become O'Reece) and by the end of the year was starring (I'm using that term very loosely) for the ABs at the RWC.

So I expect Shannon will be the undisputed AB starting number 6 for as long as he wants to be.
Come off it. It's a very ordinary bit of othering, exactly like the journo calling him Tongan-born. I'm sure the rest of what you said is spot on though.

Regardless, I've no expectations of anything other than a big Wallaby loss here. We've sent better teams, sent worse teams, and it makes very little difference. That said, I can't imagine many things that would make me laugh more than a Quade comeback win. We might even give him citizenship if he manages that.
Ted.

Post by Ted. »

Possibly for similar reasons that Aussie bred 501s are charged with being of unsuitable character (and therefore deported to NZ).
towny

Post by towny »

Why do so many All Blacks assault women and why are New Zealanders fine with this?
guy smiley

Post by guy smiley »

It's shoddy journalism and it isn't confined to NZ.

Neither are violent assault charges against rugby players.

Not to divert attention away from Frizell and his current situation... but I would suggest that perhaps we're all better to leave it there and adopt a wait and see regarding any action from NZR.

As for a Wallaby win and Quade's involvement... that would be hilarious but I think Rennie has the nous to out coach NZ while he has enough depth in his playing stocks to manage a squad of sufficient quality to do the job without necessarily needing Cooper's input.

If Ian Foster and co. don't stop f**king around with selections and settle on a first choice 23, which seems unlikely, and if they don't stop fantasising about the idea that you can have a FB dropping into first receiver every other minute, which also seems unlikely, then the Wallabies face a team that is at best unconvincing. The ABs have been relying on sheer individual talent to carry them through since, in my view, they had a team chock full of individual talent. Now they don't have that. They have some skilful and fast players but they haven't developed the sort of cohesive team dynamic you want to see in a champion team.
Thomas

Post by Thomas »

guy smiley wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 6:24 am It's shoddy journalism and it isn't confined to NZ.
It certainly is shoddy journalism and it's everywhere. It's a blatant deflection to say "this guy isn't actually one of us, he's Tongan" Happens all the time in Australian media too.

Guarantee you if he had scored the winning try in a RWC final they wouldn't be mentioning where he was born.
guy smiley

Post by guy smiley »

Thomas wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 6:28 am
guy smiley wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 6:24 am It's shoddy journalism and it isn't confined to NZ.
It certainly is shoddy journalism and it's everywhere. It's a blatant deflection to say "this guy isn't actually one of us, he's Tongan" Happens all the time in Australian media too.

Guarantee you if he had scored the winning try in a RWC final they wouldn't be mentioning where he was born.
They'd find a way, a day or so later, to talk about his humble background and how the home nation gave him everything / turned him into a star / deserves all the credit.
Thomas

Post by Thomas »

guy smiley wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 6:30 am
Thomas wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 6:28 am

They'd find a way, a day or so later, to talk about his humble background and how the home nation gave him everything / turned him into a star / deserves all the credit.
It's just so subtle and sneaky too.