Gats vs Rassie spite thread

All things Rugby
Varsity Way

Re: Gats vs Rassie spite thread

Post by Varsity Way »

Clogs wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 12:47 pm https://youtu.be/lvQueyAHxhA
I always like that guy's views. Like he says, the rules are not black and white
Last edited by Varsity Way on Fri Jul 30, 2021 1:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jdogscoop

Post by jdogscoop »

Rassie's losing his mind. And the Lions are reaping all the benefits!
polyallstar

Post by polyallstar »

Vleis wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 10:34 am
eldanielfire wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 10:13 am
Vleis wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 10:07 am
Jensrsa wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 5:31 am “World Rugby notes the comments made by Rassie Erasmus. The nature of these will be raised with the union via the usual official channels and no further comment will be made at this stage,” a statement from the game’s global governing body read.
:lol: :lol: No transparency, all behind closed doors, muffled corridor discussions, etc, etc. Typical old school pommie stuff - "57 old farts" springs to mind...and we wonder why rugby popularity is declining.

If anyone wants an abbreviated version of what's happened thus far, here you go:

Rassie to Referees: I'd like some clarification on some issues of concern regarding the refereeing of the game on Saturday.

Referees: crickets...

Rassie via video: OK, here is a video proving my concerns re the harsh treatment of SA, in particular the different way the captains were treated (perhaps even a hint of racism here?).

World Rugby: Comments noted....but please allow us some time to have a circle jerk behind closed doors and then rap someone on the knuckles.

BIL fans: ...but what does this prove, as we could produce a similar video.

Bok fans: I doubt it...but by all means, go for it.

BIL fans**: crickets...

** including Squidge et al, who seem to spend every waking hour on rugby videos.
I wouldn't say it's transparent. It's the normal process. So Unions, world rugby and coaches can raise and discuss disputes in a fair way that isn't prejudiced by public opinion or uses the public forum to put undue and unfair pressure on those involved and differences and disputes can be resolved fairly and without mob rule. This is the right way of doing some things.
You are missing the point, which is:
a) the process does not work; and
b) there appears to be little accountability or transparency.

Rassie has resorted to this approach because he is at his wits end. I'm very happy that he has done this and I hope that this sort of approach continues because things must change.
- wins rugby World Cup
- 2 test matches later “I’m at my wits end” “the process doesn’t work” “things must change”

:lol: :lol:
Varsity Way

Post by Varsity Way »

polyallstar wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 1:00 pm
Jensrsa wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 5:31 am “World Rugby notes the comments made by Rassie Erasmus. The nature of these will be raised with the union via the usual official channels and no further comment will be made at this stage,” a statement from the game’s global governing body read.
:lol: :lol: No transparency, all behind closed doors, muffled corridor discussions, etc, etc. Typical old school pommie stuff - "57 old farts" springs to mind...and we wonder why rugby popularity is declining.

If anyone wants an abbreviated version of what's happened thus far, here you go:

Rassie to Referees: I'd like some clarification on some issues of concern regarding the refereeing of the game on Saturday.

Rassie via video: OK, here is a video proving my concerns re the harsh treatment of SA, in particular the different way the captains were treated (perhaps even a hint of racism here?).

World Rugby: Comments noted....but please allow us some time to have a circle jerk behind closed doors and then rap someone on the knuckles.

** including Squidge et al, who seem to spend every waking hour on rugby videos.
I wouldn't say it's transparent. It's the normal process. So Unions, world rugby and coaches can raise and discuss disputes in a fair way that isn't prejudiced by public opinion or uses the public forum to put undue and unfair pressure on those involved and differences and disputes can be resolved fairly and without mob rule. This is the right way of doing some things.

Rassie has resorted to this approach because he is at his wits end. I'm very happy that he has done this and I hope that this sort of approach continues because things must change.
- wins rugby World Cup
- 2 test matches later “I’m at my wits end” “the process doesn’t work” “things must change”

Rassie is deflecting not reflecting, for sure. Typical narc.
Vleis

Post by Vleis »

polyallstar wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 1:00 pm

- wins rugby World Cup

Hmmm...so because SA wins a RWC, they must shut up and be happy forevermore? OK, gotcha. The offside line is almost never policed properly, the rucks are a lottery, nearly all referees have no farking clue what goes on in a scrum and yet raise their arms randomly for penalties ad nauseam, etc, etc**. Then, after the fact, they do not respond swiftly, or transparently. Something must change with the laws and how they are governed, or the game will become a joke. We have zero history or interest in rugby league in SA, but I've started watching almost as much NRL as I watch rugby union (aside from internationals) as it's a much less ambiguous game.

** I haven't even raised the lottery caused by the new high tackle law, as I think that it is a good thing in the long run...but how do you defend against a player near the goal line who is running low and head first for a try?
Ulsters Red Hand

Post by Ulsters Red Hand »

The worst bit is he has made perfect foil to excuse his team with if they lose the series, rather than admitting the better team won
jdogscoop

Post by jdogscoop »

I don't think Rassie is some kind of mastermind.

Of course he should be credited as a Rugby World Cup winning coach. That can't be denied.

But, yet again, South Africa had a charmed run to the title.

Comparatively easy quarter, semi, and then a cooked opponent in the final.

Supercoach he ain't.
eldanielfire

Post by eldanielfire »

jdogscoop wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 12:59 pm Rassie's losing his mind. And the Lions are reaping all the benefits!
He's crazy, but could he be CRAZY LIKE A FOX?

Genuinely, I think it's entirely possible this all fosters a bunker like mentality in the Springboks. It's why coaches like Jose Mourinho like to play these victim games in the press.
hermie

Post by hermie »

Varsity Way wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 12:56 pm
Clogs wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 12:47 pm https://youtu.be/lvQueyAHxhA
I always like that guy's views. Like he says, the rules are not black and white
Yeah he's always good
Ulsters Red Hand

Now Kolisi is throwing out vague accusations of racism towards Berry

Classy, classy stuff
eldanielfire

Post by eldanielfire »

Ulsters Red Hand wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 2:18 pm Now Kolisi is throwing out vague accusations of racism towards Berry

Classy, classy stuff
Really? Link?

I mean half the complaints have been against Itoje "getting away with a knee in a turnover (despite a saffer flopping over the top from the side in the very ruck".
Vleis

Post by Vleis »

jdogscoop wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 1:50 pm I don't think Rassie is some kind of mastermind.

Of course he should be credited as a Rugby World Cup winning coach. That can't be denied.

Supercoach he ain't.
SA has a plethora of excellent rugby players, so any Bok coach should be able to achieve success with the raw materials he has to work with. However, our provincial coaching, in general, is poor and Rassie inherited a team ranked 7th in the World just 18 months out from the RWC, so I think we can say that he is a rugby genius to be the first coach in history to hold both the RWC and the Trinations/Rugby Championship titles in the same year.

As for our path, we beat the hosts (who had comfortably beaten both Scotland and Ireland) in the Q/F, so I'd say we had an average Q/F as far as difficulty goes - certainly tougher than the one NZ faced and probably tougher than the one that Eng faced. Then, we beat the current (then and indeed now) 6N champions in the S/F, so certainly tougher than the one that NZ faced...oh wait :lol: :lol: . Then we had one less rest day than Eng had prior to the final...and after a much more gruelling S/F where either side could have won up to the last minute. Eng, on the other hand, had a cake-walk - the margin of 12 is big enough, but it flattered NZ. So, SA should have been cooked...and yet we hammered Eng by a gargantuan score...so well done Rassie!

QED
Last edited by Vleis on Fri Jul 30, 2021 2:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ulsters Red Hand

eldanielfire wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 2:21 pm
Ulsters Red Hand wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 2:18 pm Now Kolisi is throwing out vague accusations of racism towards Berry

Classy, classy stuff
Really? Link?

I mean half the complaints have been against Itoje "getting away with a knee in a turnover (despite a saffer flopping over the top from the side in the very ruck".
May have jumped the gun on that one based on Twitter

Kolisi: “I didn’t feel respected by the ref”

Journo: “how? Why?”

Kolisi: “watch the video”
Floppykid

Post by Floppykid »

Embarrassing from Kolisi.
Terrible anti rugby stuff from the Boks.
Suits their style of play in fairness.
Hawk97

Post by Hawk97 »

ticketlessinseattle wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 2:54 pm
Hawk97 wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 2:27 pm
Lemoentjie wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 2:21 pm
hermie wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 1:11 pm
Lemoentjie wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 1:03 pm This was all started by Gatland, who (successfully) put pressure on the TMO, and complained about a red card for Faf :roll: :roll: short memories hey
He started it? What are you 5?
I'm just curious as to why coaches from the English-speaking countries are given a free pass for trolling in the media and criticising referees, but when someone from outside the club does it, pearl-clutching about 'values of the game' starts. Would be exactly the same if France/Argentina/Fiji complained about referees.

Eddie Jones, Hanson, Gatland are allowed to run wild with their nonsense.
You must be joking about EJ? Everyone hates him for it.
its a 1 hour video of himself ranting ffs - plenty of coaches that we all hate will troll in reply to a journalists question but I dont think any coach has ever done anything like this before....and to keep it up for 1 hour ?!
No, this is absolutely delicious. I disagree with Lemoe that no other coach catches shit. If the nicest coach in the world done this, they'd deserve a ton of shite
Hawk97

Post by Hawk97 »

SA are still in debt to officials after Schalk got away with an eye gouge in the previous tour's opening game. Would have swung it for us, no doubt.

Eat it, Bokke.
ticketlessinseattle

Post by ticketlessinseattle »

Ulsters Red Hand wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 2:25 pm
eldanielfire wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 2:21 pm

Classy, classy stuff
Really? Link?

May have jumped the gun on that one based on Twitter

Kolisi: “I didn’t feel respected by the ref”

Journo: “how? Why?”

Kolisi: “watch the video”
thats disappointing from Kolisi - hope it gets edited from the Disney movie ; it'll be interesting to see how Rassie's behaviour affects the bocks - whats the consensus ; successfully getting the team behind him, backs against the wall etc or are they kinda embarrassed with this unhinged carry on ?
jdogscoop

Post by jdogscoop »

Vleis wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 2:25 pm
jdogscoop wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 1:50 pm I don't think Rassie is some kind of mastermind.

Supercoach he ain't.
SA has a plethora of excellent rugby players, so any Bok coach should be able to achieve success with the raw materials he has to work with. However, our provincial coaching, in general, is poor and Rassie inherited a team ranked 7th in the World just 18 months out from the RWC, so I think we can say that he is a rugby genius to be the first coach in history to hold both the RWC and the Trinations/Rugby Championship titles in the same year.

As for our path, we beat the hosts (who had comfortably beaten both Scotland and Ireland) in the Q/F, so I'd say we had an average Q/F as far as difficulty goes - certainly tougher than the one NZ faced and probably tougher than the one that Eng faced. Then, we beat the current (then and indeed now) 6N champions in the S/F, so certainly tougher than the one that NZ faced...oh wait :lol: :lol: . Then we had one less rest day than Eng had prior to the final...and after a much more gruelling S/F where either side could have won up to the last minute. Eng, on the other hand, had a cake-walk - the margin of 12 is big enough, but it flattered NZ. So, SA should have been cooked...and yet we hammered Eng by a gargantuan score...so well done Rassie!

QED
I agree, and I don't agree. I'll explain.

Are South Africa worthy Rugby World Cup champions? Yes.

Were they, once again, as fortunate as fvck with the draw? Yes again.

South Africa had a cooked Japan side in the quarter final, knackered after their match of the tourney against Ireland. They predictably crushed a side that had run its race.

South Africa then played Wales. To their credit Wales actually took SA to the limit. Wales were a limited side, but threw the f**king kitchen sink at it, brilliantly. SA did just enough.

In the final South Africa faced another cooked side, this time England. As much as the proud Englishmen claim they gave it their all, they were never in the game. A pathetic shadow of the side that blew the All Blacks off the park.

Like I say, worthy champions. Lady luck was along for the ride though, make no mistake.

No shame in it of course, just the vagaries of tournament sport.
jdogscoop

Post by jdogscoop »

I think the events since the first test are unedifying and do not reflect a World Champion side.

Moved from a neutral position to backing the Lions in the second test.

We are moving to football reactions at a rate of knots.
eldanielfire

Post by eldanielfire »

jdogscoop wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 3:26 pm I think the events since the first test are unedifying and do not reflect a World Champion side.

It's something in Rugby when someone, somehow gets kiwis, aussies and home nations all on the same side!
OomStruisbaai

Post by OomStruisbaai »

jdogscoop wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 3:19 pm

Supercoach he ain't.

QED

South Africa had a cooked Japan side in the quarter final, knackered after their match of the tourney against Ireland. They predictably crushed a side that had run its race.

South Africa then played Wales. To their credit Wales actually took SA to the limit. Wales were a limited side, but threw the f**king kitchen sink at it, brilliantly. SA did just enough.

In the final South Africa faced another cooked side, this time England. As much as the proud Englishmen claim they gave it their all, they were never in the game. A pathetic shadow of the side that blew the All Blacks off the park.

Like I say, worthy champions. Lady luck was along for the ride though, make no mistake.

A cooked England team blew the All Blacks off the park.

It must be hard to get over it.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Grandpa

Post by Grandpa »

OomStruisbaai wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 3:45 pm

Supercoach he ain't.

QED

I think he meant cooked after that....

But SA had two hard games in that world cup... and won one of them. In the past 5 years SA have probably put together 3 or 4 good performances... one against NZ in Wellington, the WC final and one, possibly two against England in SA. I was hoping to see a period of dominance from this SA side... like the good SA sides of the past... 1998 and 2009... when they were obviously better than anyone else... but so far I don't think they are quite at the level of those teams.. yet. Not to say they can't be....a few more videos, a book deal and possibly a film... who knows?
Vleis

Post by Vleis »

Supercoach he ain't.

QED

:lol: :lol: OK, I didn't realise that you were attempting satire.
- It's funny that Japan were still cooked 22 days after beating Ireland. :lol: By gum, imagine how shattered SA must have been only six days after their arm wrestle v Wales.
- If Wales were limited, then why wre they the current (then and now) 6N champs. I guess that England were either an even more limited side, or just a crap side that couldn't beat the limited Wales...but were good enough to beat the very, very crap NZ?
- Why would England be cooked in the final if they had such a cake walk in the S/F and an extra day of rest?

You're just salty that SA did not have to beat either NZ or Oz to win RWC '19, but you forget that the Bokke were top of the RC only a couple of months earlier...with daylight second. To be honest, SA was the only decent SH rugby nation in 2019. England (clearly) and Wales (clearly) and France (possibly) were better than the rest of the SH teams. Just accept this fact and thank the man above that SA saved the SH's blushes.
Pole

Post by Pole »

Floppykid wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 2:56 pm Embarrassing from Kolisi.
Here is the rest of his response which, I thought it showed the man he is

"I don’t really want to get into it, to be honest, but we can speak about it after the game. I’ll speak about anything with the game but I don’t want to get involved in that. I didn’t feel I had the same access to the referee and there’s proof if you watch the game again, you will definitely be able to see for yourself.

“I don’t want to speak too much about that. It has already happened, there’s nothing I can do about it, it’s not going to change anything. Our focus is on the next game.”

Now he is not wrong as Alun and the refs had multiple tea parties during the game and he was shunned.
OomStruisbaai

Post by OomStruisbaai »

Grandpa wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 3:53 pm

Supercoach he ain't.

QED

I think he meant cooked after that....

But SA had two hard games in that world cup... and won one of them. In the past 5 years SA have probably put together 3 or 4 good performances... one against NZ in Wellington, the WC final and one, possibly two against England in SA. I was hoping to see a period of dominance from this SA side... like the good SA sides of the past... 1998 and 2009... when they were obviously better than anyone else... but so far I don't think they are quite at the level of those teams.. yet. Not to say they can't be....a few more videos, a book deal and possibly a film... who knows?
We were in the best ever position after the 2019 WC tournament.

We haven't lost players and coaches like in 1996 or 2008.

Covid hurt us a lot and we need a few tests to get back on track.

I am not worried about losing to the Lions. Beating the All Blacks in the 100th test in NZ will be the ultimate.

Bigger then a WC title.
jdogscoop

Post by jdogscoop »

Supercoach he ain't.

QED

Not at all. Like I said above, they blew us off the park.

You can't win 'em all.

As South Africa is proving against a fresh British and Irish Lions side.
OomStruisbaai

Post by OomStruisbaai »

8)
jdogscoop wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 4:31 pm

Supercoach he ain't.

QED

Not at all. Like I said above, they blew us off the park.

You can't win 'em all.

As South Africa is proving against a fresh British and Irish Lions side.
Boet let's be realistic. We struggle with Covid, not only in sport but to survive life. The Springboks was the first team in Japan and left the last with a trophy.

At this moment we are just happy to see them play. Winning a test to a BILs team at this stage will be a bonus.
jdogscoop

Post by jdogscoop »

Vleis wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 4:01 pm

Supercoach he ain't.

QED

:lol: :lol: OK, I didn't realise that you were attempting satire.
- It's funny that Japan were still cooked 22 days after beating Ireland. :lol: By gum, imagine how shattered SA must have been only six days after their arm wrestle v Wales.
- If Wales were limited, then why wre they the current (then and now) 6N champs. I guess that England were either an even more limited side, or just a crap side that couldn't beat the limited Wales...but were good enough to beat the very, very crap NZ?
- Why would England be cooked in the final if they had such a cake walk in the S/F and an extra day of rest?

You're just salty that SA did not have to beat either NZ or Oz to win RWC '19, but you forget that the Bokke were top of the RC only a couple of months earlier...with daylight second. To be honest, SA was the only decent SH rugby nation in 2019. England (clearly) and Wales (clearly) and France (possibly) were better than the rest of the SH teams. Just accept this fact and thank the man above that SA saved the SH's blushes.
- Japan had run its race. That much is true. Tight win against Scotland, physical game against Samoa, big upset v Ireland.

- Wales might have been the 6N but no one was talking them up above England by the business end of the tournament. England looked seriously good in beating Australia 40-16 as Wales limped past France 20-19.

- England weren't cooked in the final due to an easy win in the semi-final, they were cooked due to who they played in the semi-final, the All Blacks. They were dominant and won 19-7. and good luck to them. Say what you like about the win, but if you want to say it was easy, you'd be wrong. The final is proof enough of that.

The rest of it is basically small talk. The SH competition that year was a trial run, while the All Blacks beat South Africa in pool play at the Rugby World Cup, topped their pool (which had SA in it) and struck an English side at the top of their game in the semi final. Unfortunately that was the English side's game of the tournament.

Let us see how SA go against a fresh British and Irish Lions in the rest of the series.
paddyor

Post by paddyor »

Pole wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 4:17 pm

"I don’t really want to get into it, to be honest, but we can speak about it after the game. I’ll speak about anything with the game but I don’t want to get involved in that. I didn’t feel I had the same access to the referee and there’s proof if you watch the game again, you will definitely be able to see for yourself.

“I don’t want to speak too much about that. It has already happened, there’s nothing I can do about it, it’s not going to change anything. Our focus is on the next game.”

Now he is not wrong as Alun and the refs had multiple tea parties during the game and he was shunned.
What does the bolded mean? I'm not saying anything about it but we can but i won't actually I will(go watch the game) but anyway I'm not getting into it but it definitely happened. It's transparently bullshit. Maybe he feels like he failed the team in his captain duties and maybe he did but that's part of the game.

I don't think this will get him aby favours from refs fwiw.
Floppykid

Post by Floppykid »

paddyor wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 5:16 pm

What does the bolded mean? I'm not saying anything about it but we can but i won't actually I will(go watch the game) but anyway I'm not getting into it but it definitely happened. It's transparently bullshit. Maybe he feels like he failed the team in his captain duties and maybe he did but that's part of the game.

Implying things might make refs a good deal more wary tbh. Might work out for him.
Either way he's acting incredibly toxic.
Pole

Post by Pole »

Floppykid wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 5:25 pm

Implying things might make refs a good deal more wary tbh. Might work out for him.
How is he acting toxic? If you want to see toxic look at the medal ceremony of the last world cup.
hermie

Post by hermie »

jdogscoop wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 3:26 pm I think the events since the first test are unedifying and do not reflect a World Champion side.

Welcome aboard!
jdogscoop

Post by jdogscoop »

hermie wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 5:47 pm

Welcome aboard!
Thank you kind sir!
message #2527204

Post by message #2527204 »

So we're now in the process of saying the ref was racist which is why they lost?
Pole

Post by Pole »

message #2527204 wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 6:24 pm

So we're now in the process of saying the ref was racist which is why they lost?
wow now that is a reach..
OomStruisbaai

Post by OomStruisbaai »

jdogscoop wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 5:56 pm
hermie wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 5:47 pm

Welcome aboard!
Thank you kind sir!
Sir is a guy, sitting on the toilet and his balls touch the water.
Clive

Post by Clive »

Is it something you SA work on talking out your arse, let me make it clear for you pick apart any rugby game and find numerous things that go with you and against you.
Its calculated risk by him to overturn the defeat.
But the most important thing is this, Rassie is a prick.
I hope the Lions win tmr to shut that prick up for good and he's good for his word and quits.
He's turned the world rugby community against him, but we are on dangerous road if clowns like him get his way.
MrDominator

Post by MrDominator »

Time to send the Boks back into isolation with a four year ban from competition.

These hillbillies have lowered the tone once too often :thumbdown:

Leave Test rugby to the proper ruggers sorts.
Luckycharmer

Post by Luckycharmer »

Vleis

Post by Vleis »

MrDominator wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 8:10 pm Time to send the Boks back into isolation with a four year ban from competition.

These hillbillies have lowered the tone once too often :thumbdown:

Leave Test rugby to the proper ruggers sorts.
It's coming home! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Luckily Sinkler got injured early in the RWC final, or you poms would have trashed him like you trashed Rashford, Saka and Sancho for the Euro final loss. Remember that the only reason why England are even vaguely competitive in rugby and football these days is due to players like the aforementioned plus Itoje, etc...and yet, you treat them with disdain...a nation of racist losers!
Last edited by Vleis on Fri Jul 30, 2021 9:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.