Rugby NAMA thread Revisited Rugby

All things Rugby
Leinsterman

Re: Rugby NAMA thread Revisited Rugby

Post by Leinsterman »

camroc1 wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 10:22 am
HighKingLeinster wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 6:18 pm
iarmhiman wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 6:13 pm How are the Nordi case numbers so high?
Protestants
Almost unbelievably, not far wrong.

https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news ... 84138.html
Shock horror. A DUP guy living in the past
Luckycharmer

Post by Luckycharmer »

Nolanator wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 8:01 pm
iarmhiman wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 7:32 pm
normilet wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 7:29 pm
Nolanator wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 7:16 pm 2nd appointment for a week's time. 2.5 weeks from the 1st. The take up in U25s must be low and they need to get doses out.
Ah don't say that. I'm choosing to believe we just have our sh*t sorted out and we're horsing through getting everyone jabbed. If the uptake is low I'm sure they'll come around when the next college semester starts and they can't get into a pub.
Young women may be afraid to take the vaccine due to fears that it could affect them having children later. That's disinformation though and it's rampant on social media
That's exactly the case with the friend's gf I mentioned above.

Uncertainty is all. She's educated and sensible, but afraid that something might go wrong. Too much catastrophiding stuff in the news, I reckon.

A gang of us are going away for a weekend next month, and my gf just pointed out that we probably won't be able to get into restaurants because of her. x(
I see you have gone into yet any long term relationship, you really can't handle being single can you :lol: :lol:
My GF this, My GF that :lol:
Blackrock Bullet

Post by Blackrock Bullet »

Take up is really high. They’re naturally just running out of people. I know some 16 and 17 year olds are getting it now but we’re still around 87% of adults with at least one dose. A couple of percent will have gone abroad for their shot so it’s really closer to 90%.
camroc1

Post by camroc1 »

Blackrock Bullet wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 12:11 pm Take up is really high. They’re naturally just running out of people. I know some 16 and 17 year olds are getting it now but we’re still around 87% of adults with at least one dose. A couple of percent will have gone abroad for their shot so it’s really closer to 90%.
Plus, add in those who contracted Covid.
Blackrock Bullet

That’s true, though I think longer term you’re better off having had the jab for international travel. Probably 1% or so who are treating like that.

I’d also say there’ll end up being a trickle of 18-25 throughout the summer everyday. Not due to vaccine hesitancy but plenty have travelled abroad with just the test.
iarmhiman

Post by iarmhiman »

Just got 2nd vaccine and am doing my 15 minutes.

Massive crowd today at the Aviva. Way more than at 1st vaccination
Foot Up

Post by Foot Up »

Looks like 40K in Croker for the All Ireland. Looking good for a full house to great the ABs in November
iarmhiman

Post by iarmhiman »

What's the bets NPHET will not want to go away and instead advise the government that they stay with the word emergency taken out. NPHT
camroc1

Post by camroc1 »

iarmhiman wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 10:46 pm What's the bets NPHET will not want to go away and instead advise the government that they stay with the word emergency taken out. NPHT
They might want to, but there are lots of government ministers and backbenchers, waiting to ensure they disappear asap.
feckwanker

Post by feckwanker »

iarmhiman wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 10:46 pm What's the bets NPHET will not want to go away and instead advise the government that they stay with the word emergency taken out. NPHT
NPHAC - National Public Health Advisory Commitee.

Remit: overseeing alcohol sales, pricing and distribution in Ireland.
iarmhiman

Post by iarmhiman »

Look at Nolan's tweet this evening. :roll:

" cases are not plateauing. Theyre just climbing more slowly"
Blackrock Bullet

iarmhiman wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 12:05 am Look at Nolan's tweet this evening. :roll:

I also loved his craic about it because of our collection caution. Very few people care anymore from what I see around the place.
camroc1

Post by camroc1 »

His admission that vaccination is why his model doesn't work is astonishing.
normilet

Post by normilet »

https://covidcertificateportal.gov.ie/

Launched a portal last night for the covid certs in case anyone is having trouble with theirs, which makes me think this call centre thing was a stop gap until it was ready, but fudge it, better late than never.
iarmhiman

Post by iarmhiman »

Vaccinated yesterday and got the covid cert emailed to me at 05:00 this morning. That was fast.
lorcanoworms

Post by lorcanoworms »

Is that big veg and fruit shop on de South circular road still open, any local to me bar big supers are closed now.
Must do a search, there was a good one in Crumlin of all places.
Giant one in Nass which I will be passing by next week.
Duff Paddy

Post by Duff Paddy »

iarmhiman wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 8:49 am Vaccinated yesterday and got the covid cert emailed to me at 05:00 this morning. That was fast.
It’s a disgrace Joe
iarmhiman

Post by iarmhiman »

Duff Paddy wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 9:09 am
iarmhiman wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 8:49 am Vaccinated yesterday and got the covid cert emailed to me at 05:00 this morning. That was fast.
It’s a disgrace Joe
:lol:

I should ring in for the troll
Duff Paddy

Post by Duff Paddy »

It woke me up in the middle of the night Joe! And what about the poor postmen out of a job delivering the certs Joe!
Leinsterman

Post by Leinsterman »

lorcanoworms wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 9:04 am Is that big veg and fruit shop on de South circular road still open, any local to me bar big supers are closed now.
There's a good one in Lucan village by the bridge and another one up by the Tesco in Dodsboro
lorcanoworms

Post by lorcanoworms »

Most of the time you guys sound just like Joe calling types.
lorcanoworms

Post by lorcanoworms »

Leinsterman wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 9:26 am
lorcanoworms wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 9:04 am Is that big veg and fruit shop on de South circular road still open, any local to me bar big supers are closed now.
There's a good one in Lucan village by the bridge and another one up by the Tesco in Dodsboro
Lucan would be handy.
Duff Paddy

Post by Duff Paddy »

lorcanoworms wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 9:27 am Most of the time you guys sound just like Joe calling types.
That’s the joke kid
Leinsterman

Post by Leinsterman »

Anyone read the McWilliams article in the Times today? Christ, that guy really does like sniffing his own farts.
camroc1

Post by camroc1 »

The story that caught my eye in the Times was that teachers can avail of 125 different kinds of leave in addition to the 2/3 months in the summer and the fortnights at Christmas and Easter.

How the hell do you manage that ?
lilyw

Post by lilyw »

normilet wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 7:49 am https://covidcertificateportal.gov.ie/

Launched a portal last night for the covid certs in case anyone is having trouble with theirs, which makes me think this call centre thing was a stop gap until it was ready, but fudge it, better late than never.
Very very slow getting the certs to those who got jabs in pharmacists. If you haven't received your cert already this website simply tells you to phone the helpline - not a particularly useful site.
Floppykid

Post by Floppykid »

Leinsterman wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 10:44 am
camroc1 wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 10:22 am
HighKingLeinster wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 6:18 pm
iarmhiman wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 6:13 pm How are the Nordi case numbers so high?
Protestants
Almost unbelievably, not far wrong.

https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news ... 84138.html
Shock horror. A DUP guy living in the past
Religious nutbars/general ignorants dragging everyone down with their anti vax shite.
Good news is Delta seems to spike quick.

Stick has to be brought in to really make the lives of people who refuse vaxx miserable.
Floppykid

Post by Floppykid »

Blackrock Bullet wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 1:46 am
iarmhiman wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 12:05 am Look at Nolan's tweet this evening. :roll:

I also loved his craic about it because of our collection caution. Very few people care anymore from what I see around the place.
Yep, once your vaxxed, crack on.
Unvaccinated should be prohibited from pubs/resteraunts/cinemas etc until they cop on.
Leinsterman

Post by Leinsterman »

Just to let you all know, ER is alive and well and says HELLO
Gavin Duffy

Post by Gavin Duffy »

Oh Captain, my Captain.
Conspicuous

Post by Conspicuous »

Leinsterman wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 10:49 pm Just to let you all know, ER is alive and well and says HELLO
:lol:

Regards to ER, I’m sure he’s in a much better headspace since he left this asylum :thumbup:
CM11

Post by CM11 »

Leinsterman wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 10:49 pm Just to let you all know, ER is alive and well and says HELLO
It's another great take but it's interesting to note that we haven't followed the UK and fully vaccinated people can wilfully ignore any covid pings as long as they're symptom free. Tony, despite everything else, has gone all in on vaccines.
Nolanator

Post by Nolanator »

Couple of nights in a row eating inside a restaurant without being fully vaxxed. :thumbup:

First place asked and were grand with only one dose. Second place didn't even ask, just lead us directly to a table inside. Handy.
I suppose business is business.
Blackrock Bullet

Nolanator wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 8:52 am Couple of nights in a row eating inside a restaurant without being fully vaxxed. :thumbup:

First place asked and were grand with only one dose. Second place didn't even ask, just lead us directly to a table inside. Handy.
You murderer
Leinsterman

Post by Leinsterman »

Can't blame some places for ignoring the regulations. Hermann Kelly and his scum supporters have been trying to "shame" places online since indoor dining returned.
Duff Paddy

Post by Duff Paddy »

Great to see the crowds back in Croker. Any word from Tomas Ryan, McLysaght, Staines and all of the other zero covid fools now that Australia is in wintertime and lockdown?
Premier Red

Post by Premier Red »

Nolanator wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 8:52 am Couple of nights in a row eating inside a restaurant without being fully vaxxed. :thumbup:

I was in 4 separate restaurants up westport/castlebar way last few days, all indoor dining, and have to say they were all really rigid on the cert checks and all were booming with business which was also great to see :thumbup:
Deco2

Post by Deco2 »

Well done you and you're so proud of yourself.
Nolanator

Post by Nolanator »

Thanks, dad. Means a lot. :thumbup:

Lots of international tourists in the southwest. I can't understand how businesses down there coped over the last 16 months. Great to see things getting back up to speed.
Blackrock Bullet

Nolanator wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 7:58 pm Thanks, dad. Means a lot. :thumbup:

Lots of international tourists in the southwest. I can't understand how businesses down there coped over the last 16 months. Great to see things getting back up to speed.
At least they had domestic tourists. Spare a thought for Dublin hotels and B&Bs, little domestic interests and no events. It’s what changed my mind on that hospitality scheme (where did that go eh?!), subsidising the wrong things when so specific parts of sectors were hurt more than others.