Did Hubbard take a dive?

All things Rugby
mabunch78

Did Hubbard take a dive?

Post by mabunch78 »

Interesting outcome. Overwhelmed, anxious, awkward, or merely seeking to defuse?
towny

Re: Did Hubbard take a dive?

Post by towny »

mabunch78 wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 1:42 pm Interesting outcome. Overwhelmed, anxious, awkward, or merely seeking to defuse?
Seeking to defuse the fact she shouldn't have been there?
mabunch78

Post by mabunch78 »

I think she's acknowledged how controversial people have found it and I note she took the opportunity of her 5 minutes to hammer home her message about opportunity. Maybe that's all she came to do.
Anonymous 1

Post by Anonymous 1 »

mabunch78 wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 1:48 pm I think she's acknowledged how controversial people have found it and I note she took the opportunity of her 5 minutes to hammer home her message about opportunity. Maybe that's all she came to do.
Its just the beginning. Many women will have the opportunity ripped from them by transgenders who are not women. One day maybe man will be able to turn men into women but at the moment that is not possible.
mabunch78

Post by mabunch78 »

Anonymous 1 wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 2:16 pm
mabunch78 wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 1:48 pm I think she's acknowledged how controversial people have found it and I note she took the opportunity of her 5 minutes to hammer home her message about opportunity. Maybe that's all she came to do.
Its just the beginning. Many women will have the opportunity ripped from them by transgenders who are not women. One day maybe man will be able to turn men into women but at the moment that is not possible.
I agree. The damage is done.
eldanielfire

Post by eldanielfire »

mabunch78 wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 1:42 pm Interesting outcome. Overwhelmed, anxious, awkward, or merely seeking to defuse?
Guilt? Who knows. I did question the withdrawal in the Commonwealth games. Can't be easy for her, I certainly don't envy the focus. Which the media have loved and adored and encouraged.

However the refusal to recognize that women are separated in sport based on biology, not identity. The whole political push to conflate the two has been hugely a bad faith position from her defenders who are akin to flat-earthers, climate change deniers and anti-Vaxxers. Add in it is often conflated with rampart misogyny. The saddest thing is a person lost out on their Olympic dream here.
Pole

Post by Pole »

She is a Kiwi, clear choke
mabunch78

Post by mabunch78 »

Pole wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 2:44 pm
:lol: :thumbup:
eldanielfire

Post by eldanielfire »

mabunch78 wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 2:42 pm
To some degree. It can be reversed in future. Athletics has made it clear they will protect the status of women's sport being defined by Biology. Certainly a few court rulings has pushed back against the positions extreme Trans activists take as discriminatory. A shame that ordinary trans people are not getting the fair and rational representation they deserve.

It should be added that the recent push for these extreme tarns-positions, where ironically the UK ruled years ago to protect actual trans rights, has actually made Trans acceptance drop for the first time in decades. I'm hearing a lot of it comes form US private health care lobbies, medicalize as many issues as possibly and their private healthcare system starts to make even more money.
eldanielfire

Post by eldanielfire »

:lol: :lol: :lol:
CarrotGawks

Post by CarrotGawks »

This is typical of people campaigning against trans people. She wins, unfair advantage. She loses, she threw it. Same as trans women who embrace femininity, they're making a mockery of it. They challenge gender perspectives, they're not trying hard enough/aren't real.

No matter what happens the trans person is in the wrong. It's blatantly anti-trans propaganda where people just hate that trans people exist, and want to push them out of society.

For me, I'll keep listening to the officials in these events. If they say transitioning levels the playing field, I'm fine with that. If, at some point, they say it doesn't, I'm fine with that too. I won't listen to nutcases online and in forums.

And having said that, there's still the average person who's just doing sport for exercise, fun and community. Sport is many things to many people.
Anonymous 1

Post by Anonymous 1 »

eldanielfire wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 2:48 pm
To some degree. It can be reversed in future. Athletics has made it clear they will protect the status of women's sport being defined by Biology. Certainly a few court rulings has pushed back against the positions extreme Trans activists take as discriminatory. A shame that ordinary trans people are not getting the fair and rational representation they deserve.

It should be added that the recent push for these extreme tarns-positions, where ironically the UK ruled years ago to protect actual trans rights, has actually made Trans acceptance drop for the first time in decades. I'm hearing a lot of it comes form US private health care lobbies, medicalize as many issues as possibly and their private healthcare system starts to make even more money.
I fear AC may become a suicide blubber
Anonymous 1

Post by Anonymous 1 »

CarrotGawks wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 2:51 pm This is typical of people campaigning against trans people. She wins, unfair advantage. She loses, she threw it.
He takes a place that should be reserve for a woman. Unfair
CarrotGawks

Post by CarrotGawks »

Anonymous 1 wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 2:57 pm
CarrotGawks wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 2:51 pm This is typical of people campaigning against trans people. She wins, unfair advantage. She loses, she threw it.
She competed within the rules.
mabunch78

Post by mabunch78 »

CarrotGawks wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 2:58 pm
Yes but the IOC has given a pretty clear indication that those rules will be changed as a result of what happened
CarrotGawks

Post by CarrotGawks »

mabunch78 wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 3:05 pm
Yes but the IOC has given a pretty clear indication that those rules will be changed as a result of what happened
Isn't that about letting individual federations decide their rules, rather than overall olympic governing body, or visa versa. From what I know there's no indication that trans athletes will be banned from competing. And in fact they've been allowed to compete for five Olympics (with one trans competitor in all that time.)
Anonymous 1

Post by Anonymous 1 »

I get that and the point is the damage is already done.
Yer Man

Post by Yer Man »

mabunch78 wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 2:48 pm
He is a Kiwi, clear choke
:lol: :thumbup:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :thumbup:
Yer Man

Post by Yer Man »

Anonymous 1 wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 2:54 pm
eldanielfire wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 2:48 pm

I fear AC may become a suzycide blubber
Fixed.
Ali's Choice

Post by Ali's Choice »

Did we really need to start another trans-hate thread? Surely the huge, existing anti-Hubbard thread could just have been bumped? This forum gets more bigoted and more extreme with every passing year.
Muttonbirds

Post by Muttonbirds »

Yup. Chief male TERF of the board, eldanielfire, has had two cracks at it on this thread and probably wishes they started it themself.
RodneyRegis

Post by RodneyRegis »

Ali's Choice wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 8:58 pm Did we really need to start another trans-hate thread? Surely the huge, existing anti-Hubbard thread could just have been bumped? This forum gets more bigoted and more extreme with every passing year.
People born with female genitalia are women

"Extreme"
Ali's Choice

Post by Ali's Choice »

RodneyRegis wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 9:53 pm
Ali's Choice wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 8:58 pm Did we really need to start another trans-hate thread? Surely the huge, existing anti-Hubbard thread could just have been bumped? This forum gets more bigoted and more extreme with every passing year.
People born with female genitalia are women

"Extreme"
Feel free to continue this circular argument on this thread, or the massive Laurel Hubbard thread that already exists :thumbup:
mrbrownstone

Post by mrbrownstone »

:thumbup: :thumbup:
Dumbledore

Post by Dumbledore »

Old and struggling with the mobility required, plus obviously stiff and anxious. Feel for her that she wasn't able to put a total up, took enormous courage to put herself out there like that.

Be interesting to see what the IWC decide to do long term. Wonder if they'll require a certain amount of years post-transition, but then that doesn't account for intersex athletes which will surely also become an issue sooner rather than later.
mabunch78

Post by mabunch78 »

mrbrownstone wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 1:03 am
Well everyone else started ignoring the last thread. Thought I'd look needy if mine was the fourth post in a row on there.

This question needed to be asked after all the fevered build-up. If this performance was deliberate, I think Hubbard did a disservice to the whole episode. She should have gone out there and medalled to force the debate properly out into the open. It would have been the best way to confront the issue and force meaningful change. Instead we're left with a "meh, what was the point?". More worryingly, we're also left with a sense of "what was all the fuss about?", meaning the changes, if they occur at all, will be absent from front-and-centre public debate and so may pass through insidiously. That will f#ck me right off and I'm sure I'm not alone... :x
guy smiley

Post by guy smiley »

I might start another thread on this.

Posting in this one would just look needy.
mabunch78

Post by mabunch78 »

guy smiley wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 1:43 am I might start another thread on this.

What a complete dickhead. And not funny.
Shrekles

Post by Shrekles »

eldanielfire wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 2:43 pm
Guilt? Who knows. I did question the withdrawal in the Commonwealth games. Can't be easy for her, I certainly don't envy the focus. Which the media have loved and adored and encouraged.

However the refusal to recognize that women are separated in sport based on biology, not identity. The whole political push to conflate the two has been hugely a bad faith position from her defenders who are akin to flat-earthers, climate change deniers and anti-Vaxxers. Add in it is often conflated with rampart misogyny. The saddest thing is a person lost out on their Olympic dream here.
The actual woman who might have been selected in Hubbard's stead?
guy smiley

Post by guy smiley »

mabunch78 wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 1:48 am
guy smiley wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 1:43 am I might start another thread on this.

What a complete dickhead. And not funny.
Awww… wassup Snowflake?
Dumbledore

Post by Dumbledore »

mabunch78 wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 1:41 am
Well everyone else started ignoring the last thread. Thought I'd look needy if mine was the fourth post in a row on there.

This question needed to be asked after all the fevered build-up. If this performance was deliberate, I think Hubbard did a disservice to the whole episode. She should have gone out there and medalled to force the debate properly out into the open. It would have been the best way to confront the issue and force meaningful change. Instead we're left with a "meh, what was the point?". More worryingly, we're also left with a sense of "what was all the fuss about?", meaning the changes, if they occur at all, will be absent from front-and-centre public debate and so may pass through insidiously. That will f#ck me right off and I'm sure I'm not alone... :x
Did you actually watch it? Nothing in any of her lifts looked remotely like a throw. She's 42 and clearly banged up, her last competition total was what, 270? Miles off the pace. Lu is 37 and considered an absolute freak for being able to still go. Idiots like you ascribing sinister motivations to anything she did are desperately dull.

No doubt you'll go back to completely ignoring women's weightlifting now that Hubbard is off your radar and we'll all be better for it.
mrbrownstone

Post by mrbrownstone »

Dumbledore wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 2:00 am

Did you actually watch it? Nothing in any of her lifts looked remotely like a throw. She's 42 and clearly banged up, her last competition total was what, 270? Miles off the pace. Lu is 37 and considered an absolute freak for being able to still go. Idiots like you ascribing sinister motivations to anything she did are desperately dull.

No doubt you'll go back to completely ignoring women's weightlifting now that Hubbard is off your radar and we'll all be better for it.
Well said.
badmannotinjapan

Post by badmannotinjapan »

Dumbledore wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 2:00 am

Interesting that Hubbard was selected yet got nowhere close yet Edward Osei-Nketia was snubbed and based on his times he may have made the finals.
DragsterDriver

Post by DragsterDriver »

He dived.

“Look having men compete isn’t so bad”
Zakar

Post by Zakar »

I'm glad that no matter the outcome, snowflakes on here have found a way to be triggered by her performance.
Dark

Post by Dark »

Sad to see hand wringing lefty misogynists like Mutton and RC getting their jollies over Hubbard choking.
fatcat

Post by fatcat »

Her snatch wasn't up to the required standard ironically.
Dark

Post by Dark »

fatcat wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 9:40 am Her snatch wasn't up to the required standard ironically.
:lol: :lol:
Yer Man

Post by Yer Man »

Dark wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 10:28 am
fatcat wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 9:40 am Her snatch wasn't up to the required standard ironically.
:lol: :lol:
Should do better in the jerk
Mog The Almighty

Post by Mog The Almighty »

Do we have any results from her post transition to compare with?

In any case, I dont agree with it. Even if she comes last. A 43 year old ex-man taking the spot of a biological woman is unfair,its unfair to the girl who missed out, but even more, it is unfair to all the other competitors. We're just not at the stage of technology where we can actually turn a man into a woman and undo masculine biology and that's a fact.

Those woke justice warriors spewing their uber woke nonsense all over the topic can eat a bag of dicks. Science doesn't care about your silly ideology. "Trans hate" "transphobic". F-ck off. I wish trans people all the happiness in the world but its just not fair for them to compete in physical competition against women. It would be just as - actually way more - legitimate to claim you are all sexist and anti-woman. But we don't do that because pretending to be offended while waving your social justice warrior flag in everyone's face is not the way rational, honest adults behave.