Melbourne. Fvcked again. And again. And again.

All things Rugby
Pat the Ex Mat

Re: Melbourne. Fvcked again. And again. And again.

Post by Pat the Ex Mat »

First guy arrested on camera - "nose exposer" mask wearing of course
Slim 293

Post by Slim 293 »

Ali's Choice wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 3:01 am Is it wrong that I want to see these anti-lockdown/anti-vaccine thugs get bashed up by riot police?
Nup…

Colleagues of mine have been attacked too many times by these cowards...

Hopefully Vic Pol go all 1980’s on their asses. :thumbup:
Ali's Choice

Post by Ali's Choice »

Pat the Ex Mat wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 3:08 am First guy arrested on camera - "nose exposer" mask wearing of course
Yep. Unsurprisingly he was wearing a brand new high viz vest over the top of normal civilian garb.
Pat the Ex Mat

Post by Pat the Ex Mat »

Ali's Choice wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 3:09 am
Pat the Ex Mat wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 3:08 am First guy arrested on camera - "nose exposer" mask wearing of course
Yep. Unsurprisingly he was wearing a brand new high viz vest over the top of normal civilian garb.
Clearly a Tim Smith supporter
Clogs

Post by Clogs »

Ali's Choice wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 3:01 am Is it wrong that I want to see these anti-lockdown/anti-vaccine thugs get bashed up by riot police?
Probably best that there is no violence. At all.
Clogs

Post by Clogs »

Ali's Choice wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 3:04 am
Clogs wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 3:02 am Looks to be a huge turnout today. Of about 100 people. :lol:
That's clearly growing. Looks like a few hundred now. Maybe 500 or more. Is it fair to say that you support the rioters and celebrate this behaviour given they share your anti-lockdown, anti-Dan Andrews, far right ideology?
:lol:

Has my scorn of these protesting numpties over many posts on this thread been too subtle and nuanced for you?
Ellafan

Post by Ellafan »

No

Ali's Choice

Post by Ali's Choice »

Clogs wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 3:30 am
Clogs wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 3:02 am Looks to be a huge turnout today. Of about 100 people. :lol:
That's clearly growing. Looks like a few hundred now. Maybe 500 or more. Is it fair to say that you support the rioters and celebrate this behaviour given they share your anti-lockdown, anti-Dan Andrews, far right ideology?

Has my scorn of these protesting numpties over many posts on this thread been too subtle and nuanced for you?
That's good to hear. So whilst you support their strong anti-lockdown, anti-restrictions, anti-Dan Andrews agenda, you draw the line at wearing hi viz and bashing cops?
Clogs

Post by Clogs »

Ali's Choice wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 3:35 am
Clogs wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 3:30 am

That's good to hear. So whilst you support their strong anti-lockdown, anti-restrictions, anti-Dan Andrews agenda, you draw the line at wearing hi viz and bashing cops?

So you support the cops and not the protestors in this?
Ali's Choice

Post by Ali's Choice »

Clogs wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 3:41 am So you support the cops and not the protestors in this?
Of course. The rioters are human scum.
Clogs

Post by Clogs »

Ali's Choice wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 3:42 am
Clogs wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 3:41 am So you support the cops and not the protestors in this?
These cops?

During the investigation into Michael Atakelt’s death, members of the Australian Ethiopian community expressed a genuine lack of trust in the actions of Victoria Police. Representatives of Muslim communities are echoing the complaints made by African Australians about racial profiling and over-policing. These examples are evidence of institutional racism within the police force. Far from being one-off incidents or exceptions to the rule, increasingly these cases help us obtain a picture of how racism is felt by those that are “visibly different”. Such incidents will come as no surprise to Indigenous Australians, particularly young men, who face similar discrimination and racism.

https://theconversation.com/mistreating ... ling-12307

https://www.policeaccountability.org.au ... -victoria/
Ali's Choice

Post by Ali's Choice »

Clogs wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 3:44 am
These cops?

During the investigation into Michael Atakelt’s death, members of the Australian Ethiopian community expressed a genuine lack of trust in the actions of Victoria Police. Representatives of Muslim communities are echoing the complaints made by African Australians about racial profiling and over-policing. These examples are evidence of institutional racism within the police force. Far from being one-off incidents or exceptions to the rule, increasingly these cases help us obtain a picture of how racism is felt by those that are “visibly different”. Such incidents will come as no surprise to Indigenous Australians, particularly young men, who face similar discrimination and racism.

Really strange post and one I'll need some time to digest. I'm trying to reflect on your motives for making this post?
Clogs

Post by Clogs »

Ali's Choice wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 3:47 am
These cops?

Really strange post and one I'll need some time to digest. I'm trying to reflect on your motives for making this post?
Take your time.
Ali's Choice

Post by Ali's Choice »

Clogs wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 3:50 am Take your time.
Right now on the streets of Melbourne's CBD Victorian police officers are risking their lives to protect the city from an aggressive and violent mob of rioters, and you think you are ever so clever posting links to anti-police articles and websites. You should be ashamed of yourself.
guy smiley

Post by guy smiley »

Asks this question...
Then introduces this, entirely seperate incident...

Bad faith posting. Dishonest and deceptive.

There is no lower act in society.
Clogs

Post by Clogs »

Being against one side doesn't automatically make you a supporter of the other.

Which is kinda how you view the world AC. Or at least try and boil it down to that view.

You can be against the protestors and still be critical of the police and their awful racism and prejudice. It isn't always about sides.
Last edited by Clogs on Wed Sep 22, 2021 4:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Clogs

Post by Clogs »

guy smiley wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 3:55 am Asks this question...
Then introduces this, entirely seperate incident...

Ali's Choice

Post by Ali's Choice »

Clogs wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 4:02 am Being against one side doesn't automatically make you a supporter of the other.

Which is kinda how you view the world.

You can be against the protestors and still be critical of the police and their awful racism and prejudice. It isn't always about sides.
What a stupid, disingenuous comment. Of course I don't support racism in the police force or corrupt police. But in this specific instance it is about sides. I support the Victorian police and I totally condemn your anti-lockdown thug mates.
Clogs

Post by Clogs »

Ali's Choice wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 4:07 am
Clogs wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 4:02 am Being against one side doesn't automatically make you a supporter of the other.

What a stupid, disingenuous comment. Of course I don't support racism in the police force or corrupt police. But in this specific instance it is about sides. I support the Victorian police and I totally condemn your anti-lockdown thug mates.
Sorry what?

Being against one side doesn't automatically make you a supporter of the other is a "stupid, disingenuous comment"?
Ali's Choice

Post by Ali's Choice »

Clogs wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 4:11 am

Sorry what?

Being against one side doesn't automatically make you a supporter of the other is a "stupid, disingenuous comment"?
In this context it is. We aren't having a general chat about taking sides. We are sitting watching live footage of hundreds of violent rioters running amok in Melbourne's CBD. And you're taking bizarre pot-shots at the Victoria Police.
Fat Old Git

Post by Fat Old Git »

Ellafan

Post by Ellafan »

Clogs wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 4:04 am
guy smiley wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 3:55 am snip

snip
Murder, sexual assault... genocide? Trolling people's deaths to upset other posters?

Dumb post.
Clogs

Post by Clogs »

Ali's Choice wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 4:13 am
Clogs wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 4:11 am

Sorry what?

In this context it is. We aren't having a general chat about taking sides. We are sitting watching live footage of hundreds of violent rioters running amok in Melbourne's CBD. And you're taking bizarre pot-shots at the Victoria Police.

In the context of this conversation I am hoping you can understand how I intensely dislike this lockdown but am totally against these idiots that are protesting?
Clogs

Post by Clogs »

Ellafan wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 4:36 am

snip
Murder, sexual assault... genocide? Trolling people's deaths to upset other posters?

Dumb post.
Do you think the irony is lost on the little fella that he jumped to the defence of the worst offender when it comes to bad faith posting?
Ali's Choice

Post by Ali's Choice »

Clogs wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 4:42 am Do you think the irony is lost on the little fella that he jumped to the defence of the worst offender when it comes to bad faith posting?
Fvck off Clogs.
guy smiley

Post by guy smiley »

Clogs wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 4:42 am

snip

Dumb post.
Do you think the irony is lost on the little fella that he jumped to the defence of the worst offender when it comes to bad faith posting?
Perhaps my comment was just too subtle for Sluggy and you to assimilate.
Ellafan

Post by Ellafan »

Clogs wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 4:42 am

snip

Dumb post.
He's too busy being a smartarse and self proclaimed internet hardman to do irony.
jdogscoop

Post by jdogscoop »

The protest appears to remain peaceful at this stage, with demonstrators chanting “f--- the jab” and “Aussie, Aussie, Aussie, oi, oi, oi”.

Get some better material, dickheads.
MungoMan

Post by MungoMan »

jdogscoop wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 5:06 am
The protest appears to remain peaceful at this stage, with demonstrators chanting “f--- the jab” and “Aussie, Aussie, Aussie, oi, oi, oi”.

Get some better material, dickheads.
'Jam that vax up your cracks' - took all of 5 seconds.

Maybe they should hire Scotty from Marketing.
Slim 293

Post by Slim 293 »

The moment before the police advanced on the protesters…
Big confusion happening. Protesters thought the police were taking a knee. People came down from the memorial and got on their knees asking police: "join us".

It appears police were just readjusting their shields/gear.
Pat the Ex Mat

Post by Pat the Ex Mat »

Looks like it's going to kick off at the Shrine of Rememberance
kiwigreg369

Post by kiwigreg369 »

Pat the Ex Mat wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 7:28 am Looks like it's going to kick off at the Shrine of Rememberance
Of all the places there’s not the right one :(
Clogs

Post by Clogs »

Cops will be waiting for the mob to disband and start dispersing. Then they will pick them off in their smaller groups.
Ali's Choice

Post by Ali's Choice »

Terrorism expert on ABC right now, explaining how the constant references to 'Dictator Dan' by sections of the Murdoch media has fuelled the anger and sentiment that has led to the protests in Melbourne over the past three days.
Duff Paddy

Post by Duff Paddy »

Ali's Choice wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 7:44 am Terrorism expert on ABC right now, explaining how the constant references to 'Dictator Dan' by sections of the Murdoch media has fuelled the anger and sentiment that has led to the protests in Melbourne over the past three days.
Sure they’re hardly any better calling a terrorism expert to comment on protestors
Pat the Ex Mat

Post by Pat the Ex Mat »

kiwigreg369 wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 7:40 am
Pat the Ex Mat wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 7:28 am Looks like it's going to kick off at the Shrine of Rememberance
Of all the places there’s not the right one :(
It's all on the Protestors - what a dog act to occupy that space :thumbdown:
Dozy

Post by Dozy »

Lots of virtue on display here. Nobody wants to associate with any gripe the protesters have about Australia’s ridiculous actions of late and all wanting to see the “scum” bashed.

Lots of Social credits being earned in Australia right now.

The lack of awareness here is quite amazing.
Last edited by Dozy on Wed Sep 22, 2021 7:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
kiwigreg369

Post by kiwigreg369 »

(Reply to DP)
That’s want I was thinking.
Pot calls kettle black…
Dozy

Post by Dozy »

kiwigreg369 wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 7:51 am (Reply to DP)
That’s want I was thinking.
Pot calls kettle black…
We knew that.

But we all know if we are honest with ourselves that I am 100% correct too.

+100 fair dinkum credits
guy smiley

Post by guy smiley »

Duff Paddy wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 7:49 am
Ali's Choice wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 7:44 am Terrorism expert on ABC right now, explaining how the constant references to 'Dictator Dan' by sections of the Murdoch media has fuelled the anger and sentiment that has led to the protests in Melbourne over the past three days.
Sure they’re hardly any better calling a terrorism expert to comment on protestors
The political landscape of Australia currently harbours an opaque but growing cohort of hard Right extremists who use these types of events to further their cause and recruit / gain numbers.

the Australian government's own intelligence agency has been warning of this threat for a couple of years. It's euphemistically referred to as Domestic Terrorism. It's the same dynamic at play that led to the mass murder in the mosque in Christchurch, NZ a couple of years ago and it's behind many of the mass murder crimes carried out in the US.

Writing this movement off as a 'protest' is a handy whitewashing tactic. Sure, there are some protesting for what they believe to be an honest cause... they are the puppets in this powerplay.

Are you one of them, Duff? Are you a puppet?