Sydney.... fvcked

All things Rugby
paddyor

Re: Sydney.... fvcked

Post by paddyor »

Ali's Choice wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 1:26 am A question for Sydneysiders. I heard today on the news that restrictions have eased a bit across Sydney, and you can have a picnic with 5 people if they're all vaccinated. My question is how are the police enforcing this? How are they checking if people are vaccinated?
It’s theatre. Like the hand washing thing. They can’t and won’t but people think something is being done so they go along with it and let everyone get on with their lives. Like in Ireland the 5km rule was never enforced. I’m sure it’s leaky in Oz.
Pat the Ex Mat

Post by Pat the Ex Mat »

The joined-up government that they haven't considered is opening up regional travel when the regions haven't got the same amount of vaccine coverage as Sydney
kiwigreg369

Post by kiwigreg369 »

I really think they need to restrict travel - interstate is best for all if not travelling, and even out of Sydney. Best to give those places time….
Pat the Ex Mat

Post by Pat the Ex Mat »

kiwigreg369 wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 3:29 am I really think they need to restrict travel - interstate is best for all if not travelling, and even out of Sydney. Best to give those places time….
They also need to simplify the ruleset

Currently, Newcastle is a regional area, not metropolitan.

I can go to my office in Newcastle with a permit and without a Covid Test. So can double-vaxxed members of my team from LGAs of concern with a permit

To visit and ascertain the fitout of the new site which is literally next door to the above office, I can go but need a Covid Test 7 days before.

My team member cannot.
Clogs

Post by Clogs »

Pat the Ex Mat wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 4:07 am
kiwigreg369 wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 3:29 am I really think they need to restrict travel - interstate is best for all if not travelling, and even out of Sydney. Best to give those places time….
They also need to simplify the ruleset

Currently, Newcastle is a regional area, not metropolitan.

I can go to my office in Newcastle with a permit and without a Covid Test. So can double-vaxxed members of my team from LGAs of concern with a permit

To visit and ascertain the fitout of the new site which is literally next door to the above office, I can go but need a Covid Test 7 days before.

My team member cannot.

Don't forget to pay for your parking!
kiwigreg369

Post by kiwigreg369 »

Fair call Pat.
Ellafan

Post by Ellafan »

Ali's Choice wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 11:28 pm
Ellafan wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 12:07 pm More excellent news today, NSW is ahead of the curve in terms of easing restrictions, and the vaccine numbers continue to increase - despite chicken little (AC) spruiking the false news party line being pushed by the ABC/ALP cohort about vaccine shortages. There were 126,728 jabs in NSW today, 1,000 more than the 4pm figure yesterday. The national figure for day was a record 347, 796 jabs. So much for the alleged shortage, AC. :lol:
The shortage is coming up in October, and it won't be felt in NSW. Only the Labor led states.
Somebody forgot to tell Professor Trent Twomey about this secret conspiracy to starve labour states of vaacines. Interview published by the ABC 2 days ago (and quietly buried on their website because it didn't suit the false news narrative).

Link: https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-09-23/ ... /100484006
The Pharmacy Guild of Australia says the arrival of Moderna vaccines at pharmacies around the country is a game-changer for the national vaccination rollout because it will mean there is more supply than demand.

From today, the next-generation mRNA vaccines will be delivered to 3,600 pharmacies across Australia, starting with 1,800 this week.

The vaccine is available to everyone over 12 and is 93 per cent effective six months after a second dose.

Pharmacy Guild President Professor Trent Twomey said chemists across the country will be able to administer Moderna, including regions such as Cape York and the Torres Strait.

Moderna uses similar technology to the Pfizer vaccine and is able to be stored for up to 30 days in a regular vaccine fridge after it has been defrosted.

Professor Trent Twomey said this means fortnightly drops will be made so that pharmacies will be able to move through supply.

More supply than demand

Professor Twomey said the arrival of Moderna would significantly change the vaccine landscape for Australia.

"This is the tipping point for our vaccination program.

"The program to date has been marked by more demand than we could supply. With the introduction of the next-generation mRNA vaccine … [we] will have more vaccines that we do demand."

Eleven million doses are expected to arrive in Australia by the end of the year.
Ellafan

Post by Ellafan »

While on the subject of vaccine take up, the national page on covid live is showing a worrying lack of jabs in Melbourne today, compared to Sydney.

https://covidlive.com.au/vaccinations

Sydney - 140,511

Melbourne - 60,730

Watching the daily updates on the TV, the Melbourne ones have featured daily statements that thousands of vaccine appointments are available and not being used, with exhortations to viewers to get on line and get an appointment that very day.

The NSW projected 70%/80% days are now 6 & 15 October. The Vic days are now 11 November, & 1 December. Martin Foley stated this morning that Victoria's deliveries of Pfizer for October have been confirmed, so hopefully with that and the Moderna deliveries in place Victroia's numbers will go up.
Zakar

Post by Zakar »

Yeah Moderna will make an impact for those oldies that don't want AZ (largely because of scare mongering by that QLD Pfizer rep), but wanted to get Pfizer but were ineligible.
Last edited by Zakar on Sat Sep 25, 2021 8:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ellafan

Post by Ellafan »

Zakar wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 7:18 am Yeah Moderna will make an impact for those oldies that don't want AZ (largely because of scare mongering by that QLD Pfizer rep), but wanted to get Pfizer but we're ineligible.
We're or were?
Ali's Choice

Post by Ali's Choice »

Zakar wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 7:18 am Yeah Moderna will make an impact for those oldies that don't want AZ (largely because of scare mongering by that QLD Pfizer rep), but wanted to get Pfizer but we're ineligible.
:yawn:
Zakar

Post by Zakar »

Ellafan wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 7:55 am
We're or were?
Were. Fixed thanks. Took me about 3 goes to rewrite it fookin Autocorrect
Ellafan

Post by Ellafan »

Ali's Choice wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 7:57 am
Zakar https://forum.planetrugby.com/images/icons/smile/question.gif wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 7:18 am Yeah Moderna will make an impact for those oldies that don't want AZ (largely because of scare mongering by that QLD Pfizer rep), but wanted to get Pfizer but were ineligible.
I know it doesn't fit your political narrative, but I think it's great that tech savvy 14 year olds will be able to make an appointment to get moderna at the friendly local pharmacy, and drag mum/dad along to sign the papers. Can you imagine if dad didn't co-operate with his 14yo daughter on that - she'd make his life a misery.

I hope as an educationalist you're pleased* to see that age group (12 and up) having the vaccine rolled out to them, and would also be pleased if the pharmacists quietly did a little age profiling on appointment bookers and put the oldies later in the day's list - "sorry we've already used today's allocation of moderna, but we've got plenty of AZ in the fridge." :nod:

As pleased as you probably are with Barrett kicking that penalty goal just then.

Interestingly, that age cohort does not figure in the Doherty plan % marks (16+), at least not at this time, so if AZ hadn't been sabotaged by the sensationalist media and adverse comments from the Pfizer rep, the Moderna might have been initially rolled out to only the 12-15 group to facilitate an earlier return to high school teaching normality, something I thought you might approve of.
Working Class Rugger

Post by Working Class Rugger »

Ellafan wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 9:52 am
Ali's Choice wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 7:57 am
Zakar https://forum.planetrugby.com/images/icons/smile/question.gif wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 7:18 am Yeah Moderna will make an impact for those oldies that don't want AZ (largely because of scare mongering by that QLD Pfizer rep), but wanted to get Pfizer but were ineligible.
I know it doesn't fit your political narrative, but I think it's great that tech savvy 14 year olds will be able to make an appointment to get moderna at the friendly local pharmacy, and drag mum/dad along to sign the papers. Can you imagine if dad didn't co-operate with his 14yo daughter on that - she'd make his life a misery.

I hope as an educationalist you're pleased* to see that age group (12 and up) having the vaccine rolled out to them, and would also be pleased if the pharmacists quietly did a little age profiling on appointment bookers and put the oldies later in the day's list - "sorry we've already used today's allocation of moderna, but we've got plenty of AZ in the fridge." :nod:

As pleased as you probably are with Barrett kicking that penalty goal just then.

Interestingly, that age cohort does not figure in the Doherty plan % marks (16+), at least not at this time, so if AZ hadn't been sabotaged by the sensationalist media and adverse comments from the Pfizer rep, the Moderna might have been initially rolled out to only the 12-15 group to facilitate an earlier return to high school teaching normality, something I thought you might approve of.
My SIL is a high school teacher. They've been told that the late October return isn't likely to be moved forward regardless.
Ellafan

Post by Ellafan »

Probably wise, given the need for the adults to all be vaxxed as well.
Ali's Choice

Post by Ali's Choice »

Sad to hear that of the 11 deaths in NSW yesterday, three of them died at home and weren't even diagnosed until post mortem. Suggests that there is significant viral load in the community that hasn't been detected.
Pat the Ex Mat

Post by Pat the Ex Mat »

Ali's Choice wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 1:11 am Sad to hear that of the 11 deaths in NSW yesterday, three of them died at home and weren't even diagnosed until post mortem. Suggests that there is significant viral load in the community that hasn't been detected.
The CBD isn't going to populate itself mate x(
Pat the Ex Mat

Post by Pat the Ex Mat »

Had a picnic in Camperdown Park on Friday night - heartily recommend it the Phone in Pizza & Cocktails from Acre.

It was packed but with everyone distanced well apart - I'd say only a couple of groups were more than 5 adults.

Yesterday, sat in the showers and blustery southerly to catch up with some other friends we haven't seen since before lockdown.

We we weren't missing out despite the weather! :lol:
Ali's Choice

Post by Ali's Choice »

Pat the Ex Mat

Post by Pat the Ex Mat »

Announcing a new National Park in the West is more about optics than anything else :thumbdown:
UncleFB

Post by UncleFB »

Pat the Ex Mat wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 1:29 am Had a picnic in Camperdown Park on Friday night - heartily recommend it the Phone in Pizza & Cocktails from Acre.

It was packed but with everyone distanced well apart - I'd say only a couple of groups were more than 5 adults.

Yesterday, sat in the showers and blustery southerly to catch up with some other friends we haven't seen since before lockdown.

We we weren't missing out despite the weather! :lol:
We hit Hyde Park (we had one guy 600m past his 5km) and it was 4 seasons in one day. Pretty quiet, we had a whole section of park to ourselves. Lots of police floating around, more than I ever see in Darling Harbour/Pyrmont/Haymarket.

Getting some HK style from up your way on Glebe Point Rd for lunch today to eat in Victoria Park/Sydney Uni.
Pat the Ex Mat

Post by Pat the Ex Mat »

Let me know how the food is - I tend to not go up that end much anymore bar 12 Taps and Staves.
UncleFB

Post by UncleFB »

Pat the Ex Mat wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 3:43 am Let me know how the food is - I tend to not go up that end much anymore bar 12 Taps and Staves.
It was ok, but they're really slow.

Doesn't compare with Kowloon Cafe in Chinatown though. There's also a new Empanada place opened up there (well new to me) which we tried while waiting for our food and that was pretty decent and hit the spot.
Pat the Ex Mat

Post by Pat the Ex Mat »

UncleFB wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 8:18 am
Pat the Ex Mat wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 3:43 am Let me know how the food is - I tend to not go up that end much anymore bar 12 Taps and Staves.

Doesn't compare with Kowloon Cafe in Chinatown though. There's also a new Empanada place opened up there (well new to me) which we tried while waiting for our food and that was pretty decent and hit the spot.
TBH, I rarely eat Chinese after moving to Oz - the plethora of Thai, Vietnamese etc meant there was always something new to try.

That empanada joint is in 12 Taps - they are a good Craft beer place that carries regional breweries
UncleFB

Post by UncleFB »

Pat the Ex Mat wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 9:06 am
UncleFB wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 8:18 am

TBH, I rarely eat Chinese after moving to Oz - the plethora of Thai, Vietnamese etc meant there was always something new to try.

That empanada joint is in 12 Taps - they are a good Craft beer place that carries regional breweries
What??? I like Thai and Vietnamese but there's lots of good Chinese in Sydney, although not that many proper HK Style places so I always like to try a new one if it pops up.

Oh I didn't even click that the empanadas were in 12 Taps. :lol: TBF, I didn't go in because my bloody mask snapped so was just standing outside while others ordered.
Pat the Ex Mat

Post by Pat the Ex Mat »

UncleFB wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 9:14 am
What??? I like Thai and Vietnamese but there's lots of good Chinese in Sydney, although not that many proper HK Style places so I always like to try a new one if it pops up.

Oh I didn't even click that the empanadas were in 12 Taps. :lol: TBF, I didn't go in because my bloody mask snapped so was just standing outside while others ordered.
Don't get me wrong -when I lived in Ryde, Eastwood was smashed regularly for it's Chinese and Korean food.

I just find it a bit heavier than Thai/Vietnamese - Plus, being from the UK, the offering was always pretty awful. I prefer to dine in with someone who knows their Chinese menu.
UncleFB

Post by UncleFB »

Pat the Ex Mat wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 9:23 am

Don't get me wrong -when I lived in Ryde, Eastwood was smashed regularly for it's Chinese and Korean food.

I just find it a bit heavier than Thai/Vietnamese - Plus, being from the UK, the offering was always pretty awful. I prefer to dine in with someone who knows their Chinese menu.
:thumbup:

There's generally always at least one Chinese person in the group when I eat Chinese, and a couple of my Kiwi mates I eat with have live in China (and Taiwan).
Pat the Ex Mat

Post by Pat the Ex Mat »

UncleFB wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 12:00 am
Pat the Ex Mat wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 9:23 am

:thumbup:

There's generally always at least one Chinese person in the group when I eat Chinese, and a couple of my Kiwi mates I eat with have live in China (and Taiwan).
I have a good Taiwanese friend who is going to take us out properly once we can go.
Ali's Choice

Post by Ali's Choice »

787 new cases and 12 deaths in the past 24 hours.

Gladys just announced that the state will re-open on October 11th.

Ali's Choice

Post by Ali's Choice »

On December 1st unvaccinated people will get the same freedoms as vaccinated people.

As usual, Berejiklian cannot help taking a swipe at WA and QLD, challenging them to open up to NSW when her state hits 80% fully vaccinated, and mocking the ALP states for their closed borders. Her arrogance is outrageous. NSW suffered nearly double the COVID-19 deaths (12) in the last 24 hours as QLD has suffered in total for the entire pandemic over the past 22 months. And yet the NSW Premier is boasting about her state's performance and preaching to Queenslanders about what we should be doing.
Pat the Ex Mat

Post by Pat the Ex Mat »

Ali's Choice wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 2:05 am On December 1st unvaccinated people will get the same freedoms as vaccinated people.

As usual, Berejiklian cannot help taking a swipe at WA and QLD, challenging them to open up to NSW when her state hits 80% fully vaccinated, and mocking the ALP states for their closed borders. Her arrogance is outrageous. NSW suffered nearly double the COVID-19 deaths (12) in the last 24 hours as QLD has suffered in total for the entire pandemic over the past 22 months. And yet the NSW Premier is boasting about her state's performance and preaching to Queenslanders about what we should be doing.
Not a very cogent presser.

I'm still trying to work out Construction site visits.... :frown:
Ali's Choice

Post by Ali's Choice »

Pat the Ex Mat wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 2:55 am
Ali's Choice wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 2:05 am On December 1st unvaccinated people will get the same freedoms as vaccinated people.

Not a very cogent presser.

I'm still trying to work out Construction site visits.... :frown:
I saw it as a government trying to straddle two opposing agendas. On one hand they wanted exude positivity and give their citizens dates and assiciated freedoms to look forward to. On the other hand they wanted to urge caution and convey the reality that people still need to follow the rules, and that there will be a surge in cases once restrictions are relaxed. I found Berejiklian's choice of words, saying that cases would "go through the roof" when restrictions were eased at 70%, to be interesting.

Also, can someone please clarify why 12-15 years olds are now eligible for vaccines, but are not included in the vaccination rates?
Pat the Ex Mat

Post by Pat the Ex Mat »

And it looks like Newcastle is having a mini-outbreak... :?
kiwigreg369

Post by kiwigreg369 »

12-15 don’t count as part of vax or vax population - that’s why excluded as was part of the plans (national plan worked out in 16+).

Just about to read about today - headline appears to indicate travel from Greater Sydney out will be restricted to the rest of NSW. Seems like a sensible idea.
guy smiley

Post by guy smiley »

I don’t think it’s unreasonable to expect NSW will be a red zone for most of the other states and NZ regardless of what Gladys and her gang decide to do.

I can’t see the others opening up to the Plague State for a long old while. It’ll be a confusing mix of funny and sad to see.
Ali's Choice

Post by Ali's Choice »

guy smiley wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 3:21 am

I don’t think it’s unreasonable to expect NSW will be a red zone for most of the other states and NZ regardless of what Gladys and her gang decide to do.

I can’t see the others opening up to the Plague State for a long old while. It’ll be a confusing mix of funny and sad to see.
The Courier Mail attacks our state govt every day. And part of this strategy is to post stories of people in NSW who cannot visit family and friends in QLD because of Palaszczuk's "heartless" border restrictions. What they don't mention is that you cannot currently travel more than 5km in NSW except for work because the entire is in lockdown. QLD enjoys relative safety and freedom, yet our govt is attacked every day the nation's largest media organisations and by the Federal government.
kiwigreg369

Post by kiwigreg369 »

I think it’s because they hates them.
—-/////——-

This little gem in the NSW update:
All the eased restrictions will only apply to vaccinated people, with the exception of rules allowing unvaccinated people to attend places of worship.
Pat the Ex Mat

Post by Pat the Ex Mat »

kiwigreg369 wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 3:31 am I think it’s because they hates them.
—-/////——-

All the eased restrictions will only apply to vaccinated people, with the exception of rules allowing unvaccinated people to attend places of worship.
Disgraceful - religious lobbyists :frown:
Zakar

Post by Zakar »

kiwigreg369 wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 3:31 am I think it’s because they hates them.
—-/////——-

Ugh.
grievous

Post by grievous »

—-/////——-

But hang on, this

Opening to the unvaccinated
From December 1, restrictions are due to ease further and will apply to all citizens, even the unvaccinated.

So what the friggin incentive to get jabbed? It will cause a whole swathe to hold back, stupid messaging from this foot in each door rabble.