New Zealand...fvcked

All things Rugby
Ted.

Re: New Zealand...fvcked

Post by Ted. »

That thread is a car crash. TBF, BMIJ isn't the only one in their covering themselves in poo coloured glory, but guess he ours. :(
Auckman

Post by Auckman »

grouch wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 7:04 am
mr bungle wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 8:19 am
Tehui wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 8:05 am NZ eligible population vaccinated:

First dose - 75% (total population 63%)
Second dose - 40%. (total population 33%)

I see some interesting demographic and regional disparities in the vaccination statistics.
Not much different from the census. My brother worked in management of the last one. Southland had over 90% compliance. Oamaru not far behind. Places like Northland less than 50%.
Did he cop the blame for the total upfirk it was?

But seriously , the Northland figures are a real worry.
It's not the result of poor access , I live in the boondocks and the DHB teams delivered vaccination to all the rural districts in a timely manner. Myself & Mdme Grouch fully vaccinated June-July.

My take on it is the unduly large percentage of seriously mis-informed 'homesteaders'.

Northland ,in the neo-liberal era , has been a haven for the dis-enfranchised.
Property[was] cheap and farming returns poor.
Small blocks abound and there is a substantial mass of ignorant and poorly educated god botherers, crystal wavers and economic malcontents.

Think Billy TK here.

Social media & the algorithms have fed the distrust and word of mouth spreads it.

Only the deep memories of the carnage of the 1919 Flu epidemic have prevented the BS from capturing the thinking of the majority of the large Tangata Whenua population.
Now I see where that former Northland MP dude got his world views on Covid from. First time I heard of Northland in my life was when my old rugby coach made a joke about cannabis and Northland.

So are these people a lost cause? Would mandates work then? No entry to the local towns unless you produce proof of double-vaccination
Pat the Ex Mat

Post by Pat the Ex Mat »

Ted. wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 5:44 am That thread is a car crash. TBF, BMIJ isn't the only one in their covering themselves in poo coloured glory, but guess he ours. :(
His rabid denial of the gender wage gap and hatred of Wokeness, he's on fire
jdogscoop

Post by jdogscoop »

Pat the Ex Mat wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 1:50 pm
Ted. wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 5:44 am That thread is a car crash. TBF, BMIJ isn't the only one in their covering themselves in poo coloured glory, but guess he ours. :(
i'm a bit worried about his mental state, especially now I've outed myself on that thread as a voter for Trudeau and the Liberals. Too many RWNJ for my liking, including several US people who would rather die in the street than accept proper government-run healthcare.
grouch

Post by grouch »

Auckman wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 12:01 pm

I see some interesting demographic and regional disparities in the vaccination statistics.
Not much different from the census. My brother worked in management of the last one. Southland had over 90% compliance. Oamaru not far behind. Places like Northland less than 50%.

It's not the result of poor access , I live in the boondocks and the DHB teams delivered vaccination to all the rural districts in a timely manner. Myself & Mdme Grouch fully vaccinated June-July.

My take on it is the unduly large percentage of seriously mis-informed 'homesteaders'.

Small blocks abound and there is a substantial mass of ignorant and poorly educated god botherers, crystal wavers and economic malcontents.

Think Billy TK here.

Social media & the algorithms have fed the distrust and word of mouth spreads it.

Only the deep memories of the carnage of the 1919 Flu epidemic have prevented the BS from capturing the thinking of the majority of the large Tangata Whenua population.
Now I see where that former Northland MP dude got his world views on Covid from. First time I heard of Northland in my life was when my old rugby coach made a joke about cannabis and Northland.

So are these people a lost cause? Would mandates work then? No entry to the local towns unless you produce proof of double-vaccination
None of what you suggest would make a blind bit of difference IMO .

I think that the only strategy is to deny the unvaccinated access to the public health system.

ie it's not mandatory to be vaccinated but without record of being so our poorly resourced hospital system is not going to admit you for care of any kind.
I find the fact that a substantial number of folks I know [ not necessarily friends in the classic non-social media definition] are going to die , unnecessarily, rather depressing .

I have moments of neo-lib think , where the situation should be viewed as an opportunity.
Cheap , moulded plastic gravestones that read....
" Here lies blah blah , killed by an Algorithm "
merlin the happy pig

Post by merlin the happy pig »

grouch wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 8:51 pm

Think Billy TK here.

I think that the only strategy is to deny the unvaccinated access to the public health system.

ie it's not mandatory to be vaccinated but without record of being so our poorly resourced hospital system is not going to admit you for care of any kind.
I find the fact that a substantial number of folks I know [ not necessarily friends in the classic non-social media definition] are going to die , unnecessarily, rather depressing .

I have moments of neo-lib think , where the situation should be viewed as an opportunity.
No jab no income support.
That would fix it pretty damn fast.
Pat the Ex Mat

Post by Pat the Ex Mat »

jdogscoop wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 2:42 pm
i'm a bit worried about his mental state, especially now I've outed myself on that thread as a voter for Trudeau and the Liberals. Too many RWNJ for my liking, including several US people who would rather die in the street than accept proper government-run healthcare.
Yeah, it's not good is it?
mr bungle

Post by mr bungle »

Pat the Ex Mat wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 1:13 am
I’ll be accused of stalking him, I really don’t bother except give him stick for being a belligerent bellend, but he’s having a bloody awful time struggling to get back to NZ with our tough MIQ requirements which must really suck. I do feel for his position in that regard. My brother is in a similar spot living in Prague. But my brother hasn’t gone down the rabbit hole of anti Covid semi conspiracies and Trump “count every vote” bullshit. Calling everyone bitches and asking how the cock tastes befits an immature small brained idiot who dresses a ‘chopper’ pushbike in All Black regalia.
Pat the Ex Mat

Post by Pat the Ex Mat »

Doesn't really fit with his Kiwi Hardman stereotype.....where is his teaspoon of concrete?
guy smiley

Post by guy smiley »

Got my second shot this morning.

Fully vaxxed.
Fat Old Git

Post by Fat Old Git »

guy smiley wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 1:58 am Got my second shot this morning.

Fully vaxxed.
:thumbup:
Mr Mike

Post by Mr Mike »

Vaxed, waxed and ready to relax?
True Blue

Post by True Blue »

I've been struggling through covid for the last 4-5 days or so. I am an essential worker with law enforcement so I got my shots way back, at the start of the year. Wondering if it is starting to wear off because it's kicking my ass. Chest tightness, muscle pain, joint pain, f**king coughing is like daggers. I think I'm over the hill already but fudge getting this without any protection.

Also fudge the non-masking fucks. Jail them. :thumbdown:
Davedj77

Post by Davedj77 »

Fully vaxxed.
Just had my 2nd 25 minutes ago...it's good to be a statistic in the fully vaxxed column :smug:
Flockwitt

Post by Flockwitt »

Davedj77 wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 2:46 am

Fully vaxxed.
Just had my 2nd 25 minutes ago...it's good to be a statistic in the fully vaxxed column :smug:
In for my second tomorrow. :thumbup:
badmannotinjapan

Post by badmannotinjapan »

mr bungle wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 1:44 am
I’ll be accused of stalking him, I really don’t bother except give him stick for being a belligerent bellend, but he’s having a bloody awful time struggling to get back to NZ with our tough MIQ requirements which must really suck. I do feel for his position in that regard. My brother is in a similar spot living in Prague. But my brother hasn’t gone down the rabbit hole of anti Covid semi conspiracies and Trump “count every vote” bullshit. Calling everyone bitches and asking how the cock tastes befits an immature small brained idiot who dresses a ‘chopper’ pushbike in All Black regalia.
It's funny you pop your rather tiresome crap on any thread I'm on. How's that racist rant you're on going? Still harbouring hatred on an 28 year old kid?
badmannotinjapan

Despite it being debunked time and time again...

Have you handed over the difference in your salary to the female cause yet?
badmannotinjapan

Pat the Ex Mat wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 1:56 am Doesn't really fit with his Kiwi Hardman stereotype.....where is his teaspoon of concrete?
:lol:
badmannotinjapan

grouch wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 8:51 pm

Think Billy TK here.

You want to deny people access to the very system they pay into?
badmannotinjapan

Because like millions of Canadians believe JT is an idiot and his policies have led the country down rabbit hole of shit?
mr bungle

Post by mr bungle »

badmannotinjapan wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 2:53 am

It's funny you pop your rather tiresome crap on any thread I'm on. How's that racist rant you're on going? Still harbouring hatred on an 28 year old kid?
Just to clarify for those unaware of Badman’s rant. I have Matera shit for being a hair pulling racist dick. 19 year olds get a free pass so all is well.
badmannotinjapan

mr bungle wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 3:01 am
badmannotinjapan wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 2:53 am

Just to clarify for those unaware of Badman’s rant. I have Matera shit for being a hair pulling racist dick. 19 year olds get a free pass so all is well.
10 years ago. Get over it.
badmannotinjapan

I presume you're referring to the wonderful Canadian healthcare system that is so great many a Canadian travel south of the border for treatment?
badmannotinjapan

:(
RuggaBugga wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 4:03 am Nevermind him check out Badman's efforts in the Hunter Biden thread.

What a fuckwit :lol:
Sheep
guy smiley

Post by guy smiley »

Mr Mike wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 2:04 am Vaxed, waxed and ready to relax?
As always, Mike. My Boy Scout training has stood me in good stead... Be Prepared :thumbup:
Fat Old Git

Post by Fat Old Git »

True Blue wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 2:28 am I've been struggling through covid for the last 4-5 days or so. I am an essential worker with law enforcement so I got my shots way back, at the start of the year. Wondering if it is starting to wear off because it's kicking my ass. Chest tightness, muscle pain, joint pain, f**king coughing is like daggers. I think I'm over the hill already but fudge getting this without any protection.

Hope you get better soon. I know people who had it in the UK. They have reported how shite an experience it is. One still not fully recovered almost a year later.
merlin the happy pig

Post by merlin the happy pig »

True Blue wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 2:28 am I've been struggling through covid for the last 4-5 days or so. I am an essential worker with law enforcement so I got my shots way back, at the start of the year. Wondering if it is starting to wear off because it's kicking my ass. Chest tightness, muscle pain, joint pain, f**king coughing is like daggers. I think I'm over the hill already but fudge getting this without any protection.

Edit: Forgot to say, sorry to hear you've got it bad, best of luck.

Seems quite possible it's wearing off given the Israeli experience.
The question is do the booster shots give protection for just another 6 months to a year, or do they give long term protection?

Actually some hints here that boosters would not need to be annual, but would confer long term immunity.
https://www.bu.edu/articles/2021/covid- ... d-to-know/

"Additionally, there is some unpublished data (which has been referenced by experts including Anthony Fauci) indicating that the [eight-month] interval in the spacing of the booster may actually lead to longer-lasting, more durable immunity. They suggest we may not need another booster in quite some time (i.e., a period of years)…but we’ll have to wait and see."
Ted.

Post by Ted. »

Take care and get well.
Ted.

Post by Ted. »

Flockwitt wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 2:48 am
Davedj77 wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 2:46 am

Fully vaxxed.
In for my second tomorrow. :thumbup:
I'm double vaxxed too. Got it last Monday.

The sweet sweet superiority is oozing out of every pore. :proud:
UncleFB

Post by UncleFB »

Hope you start feeling better soon. :thumbup:
Tehui

Post by Tehui »

Kia piki te ora, e hoa. I hope you get better soon.

Hearing your symptoms makes me cringe. Unfortunately, we still have a lot of people out there who think protecting communities from COVID is an over reaction, vaccinations included.
Davedj77

Post by Davedj77 »

Just seen a Facebook friend in Auckland say they were going crazy after following the lockdown rules so closely..so they decided fudge it, I need to go to the beach and break the rules...then is surprised when they see a bunch of others doing the same and is critical of them. Someone else commented on the post that they'll be back in level 4 for Xmas. Well that's quite likely if people are just going to give up on the rules just as we seem to be getting close to getting on top of the outbreak. Take a look in the mirror you f**king hypocrite.
jdogscoop

Post by jdogscoop »

badmannotinjapan wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 3:11 am
I presume you're referring to the wonderful Canadian healthcare system that is so great many a Canadian travel south of the border for treatment?
Who in their right mind would leave Canada, where treatment is free, to get treatment in the US, where treatment costs an arm, leg and one of your balls.

Especially for a foreigner.
badmannotinjapan

jdogscoop wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 5:20 am
Who in their right mind would leave Canada, where treatment is free, to get treatment in the US, where treatment costs an arm, leg and one of your balls.

When you need scans, cancer treatments etc. It happens a lot. Just because it's free, doesn't make it entirely accessible or quick.
jdogscoop

Post by jdogscoop »

badmannotinjapan wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 5:45 am

When you need scans, cancer treatments etc. It happens a lot. Just because it's free, doesn't make it entirely accessible or quick.
I get you when you say accessible. Despite the trumpeting, free healthcare can be a pain in the ass when the hypochondriacs overwhelm the system. I think a nominal user-pays fee system is actually a superior model, just to reinforce the value of the service.

In saying that, GTFO. Very few people in Canada would turn their nose up at free treatment in order to cross the border and pay five-plus figures as a foreigner. That is a laughable assertion.
badmannotinjapan

jdogscoop wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 7:18 am
badmannotinjapan wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 5:45 am

I get you when you say accessible. Despite the trumpeting, free healthcare can be a pain in the ass when the hypochondriacs overwhelm the system. I think a nominal user-pays fee system is actually a superior model, just to reinforce the value of the service.

In saying that, GTFO. Very few people in Canada would turn their nose up at free treatment in order to cross the border and pay five-plus figures as a foreigner. That is a laughable assertion.
My cousin busted himself at work. Was gonna take 3 months to get a CT scan in the free Canada system or drive to Buffalo, pay $300 and get it checked out.
Family friends had to wait months for cancer treatment including surgery in the free Canada system or fly to the US and get it there in a matter of weeks. That's two that come to mind immediately. So when tell me to GTFO and my assertion is laughable, check yourself. Both systems are flawed.
MungoMan

Post by MungoMan »

Fully vaxxed.
Vaxed
Waxed
Shit in his dacks
terangi48

Post by terangi48 »

Just read your post on fighting the virus TrueBlue........sounds feckin vicious. Like you I get so pissed at those who won't get the jab because of magnetism, can't be arsed, chips being injected and all sorts of other weird crap.

Best wishes for a swift recovery......best meds I can offer is Cooper's Stout Beer....one a day. It was the treatment I was given in hospital when I got a dose of Leptospirosis in the seventies.......did wonders! Still drink the stuff!
Duff Paddy

Post by Duff Paddy »

My cousin busted himself at work. Was gonna take 3 months to get a CT scan in the free Canada system or drive to Buffalo, pay $300 and get it checked out.
Even if he could get the CT scan and have it reported on for $300 - maybe the scan alone - why couldn’t he just have gone private in Canada?
Ted.

Post by Ted. »

Duff Paddy wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 10:45 pm
Even if he could get the CT scan and have it reported on for $300 - maybe the scan alone - why couldn’t he just have gone private in Canada?
I smell fish, old fish.