South African rugby is now...

All things Rugby
Eugenius

Re: South African rugby is now...

Post by Eugenius »

The talent is there not to ape others but discover a new style to match their unique skill set .

No way do I think the Boks unable to play differently and still win .
Kiwias

Post by Kiwias »

Davedj77 wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 9:58 pm That may be true, I hate it too...but it almost worked so it is not going anywhere. That was one of the worst games in I've seen in years(the ABs sloppy skills played a part in that too though). Rugby was the loser last night, that's for sure.
I love it when we play a poor and error-ridden game but still win ugly, because we know the ABs are unlikely to play so poorly for a while.
OomStruisbaai

Post by OomStruisbaai »

Kiwias wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 5:24 am
Davedj77 wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 9:58 pm That may be true, I hate it too...but it almost worked so it is not going anywhere. That was one of the worst games in I've seen in years(the ABs sloppy skills played a part in that too though). Rugby was the loser last night, that's for sure.
I love it when we play a poor and error-ridden game but still win ugly, because we know the ABs are unlikely to play so poorly for a while.
Ja swaer.
mdaclarke

Post by mdaclarke »

The Boks are an old team. They will be alright though to the next World Cup but after that they will have a bit of a rough patch whilst they blood the next generation.

Loads of young players in the Franchises though, it's a shame Kade Wolhuter got injured, I think he is the real deal and may be the long term successor to Pollard.
ZuLurk

Post by ZuLurk »

Couch wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 9:55 pm The worst example of how to play rugby I've ever witnessed.

Worse than Warrenball, worse than any previous Bok side I could really remember.

How do Saffa fans feel about the "game plan"
I am for one happy with the game plan. Luk Am showed great skill and it was well rounded off by Damian de Allende. I approve of the game plan of
the Springbokke not running from within their own 22 and to first kick themselves out of their 22 and then run in the opposition half of the field as in Mapimpi's try. Frans Steyn used the 50/22 rule well to the Springbokke's advantage and I'm not blaming the Springbokke's game plan for setting up two or three more mauls than usual but rather the Rulemakers. Defence is always important and even if the Referee award a penalty against it as in Frans Steyn's tackle on McKenzie I feel the Springbokke must continue to tackle in that way and continue to make it difficult for the opposition to work out their defence.
OomStruisbaai

Post by OomStruisbaai »

ZuLurk wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 2:12 am
Couch wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 9:55 pm The worst example of how to play rugby I've ever witnessed.

Worse than Warrenball, worse than any previous Bok side I could really remember.

I am for one happy with the game plan. Luk Am showed great skill and it was well rounded off by Damian de Allende. I approve of the game plan of
the Springbokke not running from within their own 22 and to first kick themselves out of their 22 and then run in the opposition half of the field as in Mapimpi's try. Frans Steyn used the 50/22 rule well to the Springbokke's advantage and I'm not blaming the Springbokke's game plan for setting up two or three more mauls than usual but rather the Rulemakers. Defence is always important and even if the Referee award a penalty against it as in Frans Steyn's tackle on McKenzie I feel the Springbokke must continue to tackle in that way and continue to make it difficult for the opposition to work out their defence.
Nah , week is a long time in rugby, The same lot trolling our gameplan , now want to replace Foster, in desperate need to get rid of flashy forwards hanging in the backline, ext, ext.
ZuLurk

Post by ZuLurk »

OomStruisbaai wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 8:26 am
ZuLurk wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 2:12 am

Nah , week is a long time in rugby, The same lot trolling our gameplan , now want to replace Foster, in desperate need to get rid of flashy forwards hanging in the backline, ext, ext.
Foster look harmless, the teddybear type, can't believe they want to gun him out, sure he has a signed work contract
OomStruisbaai

Post by OomStruisbaai »

They have Plumtree who know SA rugby inside out. He is a very good coach. I like the Chiefs and Waikato. Maybe get Gatland with Foster to sort it out.
ZuLurk

Post by ZuLurk »

OomStruisbaai wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 2:16 pm They have Plumtree who know SA rugby inside out. He is a very good coach. I like the Chiefs and Waikato. Maybe get Gatland with Foster to sort it out.
a Combo that might just click
Wilson's Toffee

Post by Wilson's Toffee »

Soon we will hear the excellence of Gatland-ball, SOO superieur to Rassieball....
OomStruisbaai

Post by OomStruisbaai »

kiwigreg369 wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 12:01 am I think more of an issue is SA and their deliberate strategy to slow down the game at line out and scrum and the constant stops for water and “injury” breaks.

On top of the shit from Rassie that is where SA are failing international rugby.
Mark Reason

All Blacks fake injury to slow down test.

Stuff
OPINION: It is not very often that the All Blacks lose a test match because of a lack of street smarts on and off the pitch. But that is precisely what happened in their second half collapse against South Africa on Saturday night.

The All Blacks’ startling lack of leadership was illustrated by the conclusion of the match when New Zealand had apparently been handed victory by the failure of Elton Jantjies to propel his restart the necessary 10 metres. Scrum back on halfway and game over. Or so we thought.

But then the All Blacks did a remarkably dumb thing. They stopped the clock. What was going on? New Zealand is the smartest rugby nation on the planet and they were stopping the clock? The South Africans must have thought they were getting a free hand out of biltong.

The official time of the match was 78.54 when referee Matthew Carley called the scrum. There was plenty of time for the All Blacks to amble to the set piece, fiddle about getting set, and all but eliminate the clock before kicking the ball out. Heck, the Springboks routinely take 25 seconds just getting to a lineout and a scrum takes far longer to form.

The All Blacks in a huddle after losing to the Springboks last weekend.
But for some inexplicable reason someone told replacement hooker Asafo Aumua to take a knee. It was clearly a fake injury because Aumua had taken no contact since South Africa had restarted the game. It was done because the All Blacks wanted a tactical powwow.

But gosh, was it naive. Carley immediately stopped the clock at 79.11 and all the time that would have been frittered away in forming the scrum was now preserved. Indeed, Carley was fastidious about not then starting the clock until he called for the two front rows to bind and impact was on its way. So the All Blacks now had 45 seconds to play out instead of letting the clock tick into added time.

MORE FROM
MARK REASON • SPORTS COLUMNIST
mark.reason@stuff.co.nz
Are the All Blacks so lacking in people who could make instant on field decisions that they needed to effectively call an American Football coach’s timeout in order to receive instructions? In the huddle TJ Perenara and captain Savea appeared to be doing all the talking, although the two medics were probably carrying instructions. What a waste of time, or rather that’s what they should have been doing.
Do they also fail international rugby?
kiwigreg369

Post by kiwigreg369 »

OomStruisbaai wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 6:30 pm
kiwigreg369 wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 12:01 am I think more of an issue is SA and their deliberate strategy to slow down the game at line out and scrum and the constant stops for water and “injury” breaks.

On top of the shit from Rassie that is where SA are failing international rugby.
Mark Reason

Stuff
OPINION: It is not very often that the All Blacks lose a test match because of a lack of street smarts on and off the pitch. But that is precisely what happened in their second half collapse against South Africa on Saturday night.

The All Blacks’ startling lack of leadership was illustrated by the conclusion of the match when New Zealand had apparently been handed victory by the failure of Elton Jantjies to propel his restart the necessary 10 metres. Scrum back on halfway and game over. Or so we thought.

But then the All Blacks did a remarkably dumb thing. They stopped the clock. What was going on? New Zealand is the smartest rugby nation on the planet and they were stopping the clock? The South Africans must have thought they were getting a free hand out of biltong.

The official time of the match was 78.54 when referee Matthew Carley called the scrum. There was plenty of time for the All Blacks to amble to the set piece, fiddle about getting set, and all but eliminate the clock before kicking the ball out. Heck, the Springboks routinely take 25 seconds just getting to a lineout and a scrum takes far longer to form.

But for some inexplicable reason someone told replacement hooker Asafo Aumua to take a knee. It was clearly a fake injury because Aumua had taken no contact since South Africa had restarted the game. It was done because the All Blacks wanted a tactical powwow.

But gosh, was it naive. Carley immediately stopped the clock at 79.11 and all the time that would have been frittered away in forming the scrum was now preserved. Indeed, Carley was fastidious about not then starting the clock until he called for the two front rows to bind and impact was on its way. So the All Blacks now had 45 seconds to play out instead of letting the clock tick into added time.

MORE FROM
mark.reason@stuff.co.nz
Are the All Blacks so lacking in people who could make instant on field decisions that they needed to effectively call an American Football coach’s timeout in order to receive instructions? In the huddle TJ Perenara and captain Savea appeared to be doing all the talking, although the two medics were probably carrying instructions. What a waste of time, or rather that’s what they should have been doing.
Do I need to produce a video so that you can digest things more easily?

SA are an embarrassment of a team with their current tactics.
sorCrer

Post by sorCrer »

kiwigreg369 wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 10:02 pm

Mark Reason

Stuff

MORE FROM
mark.reason@stuff.co.nz

Slowing the game down has been done by many teams over the years. At least now the ref stops the clock. :thumbup:
Grandpa

Post by Grandpa »

Mark Reason

Stuff

MORE FROM
mark.reason@stuff.co.nz
Well they certainly failed themselves..
ZuLurk

Post by ZuLurk »

Grandpa wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 10:40 pm
Well they certainly failed themselves..
In the Clock ticking dept.
ZuLurk

Post by ZuLurk »

sorCrer wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 10:16 pm

Slowing the game down has been done by many teams over the years.
Now by one in the last minute aswell while having the lead the scrum and the clock ticking
Last edited by ZuLurk on Wed Oct 06, 2021 4:07 am, edited 2 times in total.
OomStruisbaai

Post by OomStruisbaai »

kiwigreg369 wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 10:02 pm

Mark Reason

Stuff

MORE FROM
mark.reason@stuff.co.nz

I don't need a video. I know there will be fake injuries to slow down games in EVERY test. Depend on the score sheet who will be the guilty team.

You lot cry like vokken babies after reading stuff now the boot was on the other foot. Now VOKKOL.
Wilson's Toffee

Post by Wilson's Toffee »

All this wailng - music to my ears. Demonstrate the inability to adapt to reality of professional sport.