New Zealand...fvcked

All things Rugby
Ghost-Of-Nepia

Re: New Zealand...fvcked

Post by Ghost-Of-Nepia »

RuggaBugga wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 7:01 am Do they make electric choppers? Anyone know?
Badmannotinparaparam?
Flockwitt

Post by Flockwitt »

guy smiley wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 6:52 am
Flockwitt wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 6:38 am They could make those things for a few hundred bucks. Effing posers and their pretentions of cutting a few milliseconds off their personal bests creating a totally false market.
:?:

You mean electric bikes? If so you're way off track (sorry) with that criticism.

Firstly, a decent quality modern bicycle isn't cheap. Components are precision made and frames are still complicated to produce from high end materials. Adding a motor is complex and expensive.

Secondly, electric bikes aren't about boosting performance. Anyone who tries to claim that has rocks in their head. They weigh too much for a start. What they are all about is getting people to ride more by power assisting through climbs, into wind and all that.

A terribly unfit mate of mine living in Perth was telling me a couple of weeks ago that after trying to motivate himself to get out and get fit on his old bike he bit the bullet and bought a motorised hybrid style (upright seating position, flatbars) bike. He's riding more as a result and once you hit 25km/h or so the motor stops assisting and you're doing all the work. He's losing weight, getting fitter and really enjoying the riding.

Electric bikes are an excellent idea for commuting and casual riding to shops, etc style of use that supplants a lot of car journeys with the added benefit of increased health.
Ummm... so your average commuter bike has to have all these precision components and high end materials does it? What do you need your carbon fibre frame for pray tell?
guy smiley

Post by guy smiley »

It’s going to cost more than ‘a few hundred dollars’.
Flockwitt

Post by Flockwitt »

guy smiley wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 7:46 am It’s going to cost more than ‘a few hundred dollars’.
No. It isn't.
guy smiley

Post by guy smiley »

Ok boomer
Monkey Magic

Post by Monkey Magic »

Did this combine into the politics thread or just snowball?

Couple of days of lowish numbers, anyone see us getting out of level 3 come Monday next week? Or we looking at 4 weeks at level 3?
Flockwitt

Post by Flockwitt »

Okay woke hipster.

Do you want cinnamon, nutmeg or chocolate powder in your bike holder? It's always best freshly sprinkled over the soy latte in its gimbal thermos holder.

:P
guy smiley

Post by guy smiley »

Flockwitt wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 7:55 am Okay woke hipster.

Do you want cinnamon, nutmeg or chocolate powder in your bike holder? It's always best freshly sprinkled over the soy latte in its gimbal thermos holder.

:P
I’ll take your word for that.
Enzedder
Location: End of the road, turn right and first house on the left

Post by Enzedder »

merlin the happy pig wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 4:57 am
guy smiley wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 1:57 am Mouthing off the way he has... suggesting the govt is using fear to push people to vaccinate before advocating fear tactics himself, makes the Nats look even more stupid and out of touch as he's their Great Talisman. The Golden Goose.
Fear and introducing sensible restrictions are not the same thing.
He may not be right on everything, but the govt are purely reactive rather than proactive with almost everything regards this pandemic. When it comes to actually doing anything they have been massive underachievers.
The only thing they got right was the decision to close the border and implement lockdowns (even though they were late with this as well)

He has a point.

Anybody that makes a fixed plan with this thing is planning to fail as it is too changeable. Get the latest advice and react is the best way to go in my opinion.
Enzedder
Location: End of the road, turn right and first house on the left

Post by Enzedder »

RuggaBugga wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 7:01 am Do they make electric choppers? Anyone know?
We call them drones here
Ted.

Post by Ted. »

merlin the happy pig wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 4:57 am
guy smiley wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 1:57 am Mouthing off the way he has... suggesting the govt is using fear to push people to vaccinate before advocating fear tactics himself, makes the Nats look even more stupid and out of touch as he's their Great Talisman. The Golden Goose.
Fear and introducing sensible restrictions are not the same thing.
He may not be right on everything, but the govt are purely reactive rather than proactive with almost everything regards this pandemic. When it comes to actually doing anything they have been massive underachievers.
The only thing they got right was the decision to close the border and implement lockdowns (even though they were late with this as well)

He has a point.
The sensible bits, Key is stating the bleeding obvious and mostly what is being done or planned anyway. The main bugbear is the fairness of the MIQ lottery, which is a disaster. The only thing that is reactive, is National trotting out Key in desperation as they sink in the polls. Key, whose speech has so obviously been written by Judith's spin doctor, came across as insincere if not a bit hackneyed.
True Blue

Post by True Blue »

Tehui wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 9:16 pm
True Blue wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 2:28 am I've been struggling through covid for the last 4-5 days or so. I am an essential worker with law enforcement so I got my shots way back, at the start of the year. Wondering if it is starting to wear off because it's kicking my ass. Chest tightness, muscle pain, joint pain, f**king coughing is like daggers. I think I'm over the hill already but fudge getting this without any protection.

Also fudge the non-masking fucks. Jail them. :thumbdown:
Kia piki te ora, e hoa. I hope you get better soon.

Hearing your symptoms makes me cringe. Unfortunately, we still have a lot of people out there who think protecting communities from COVID is an over reaction, vaccinations included.
Thanks, I'm mostly over it now. Apart from lower back pain from all the coughing.

Was not fun. I'd give it a big 0/10 for entertainment.

Can totally see how it kills people.

Symptoms for me were in the following order:

Sore throat
Congestion
Muscle/Joint pain
Chest pain / Chest Tightness
Cough from hell

Never had the fever.
puku

Post by puku »

badmannotinjapan wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 6:01 am
Flockwitt wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 10:59 pm
Ted. wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 10:48 pm
Duff Paddy wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 10:45 pm
My cousin busted himself at work. Was gonna take 3 months to get a CT scan in the free Canada system or drive to Buffalo, pay $300 and get it checked out.
Even if he could get the CT scan and have it reported on for $300 - maybe the scan alone - why couldn’t he just have gone private in Canada?
I smell fish, old fish.
Plenty of Canadians do go south of the border for health treatment. That’s true enough.
It's a huge market. Especially considering the number of snowbirds that temporarily relocate for the winter.
Yeah, and those snowbirds would most definitely carry health insurance valid in the US. They would be insane if they did not.
badmannotinjapan

Post by badmannotinjapan »

Funny you ask. They sell electric engines. Jokes on you.
badmannotinjapan

Post by badmannotinjapan »

Ghost-Of-Nepia wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 7:41 am
Badmannotinparaparam?
?
CM11

Post by CM11 »

True Blue wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 4:18 pm
True Blue wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 2:28 am I've been struggling through covid for the last 4-5 days or so. I am an essential worker with law enforcement so I got my shots way back, at the start of the year. Wondering if it is starting to wear off because it's kicking my ass. Chest tightness, muscle pain, joint pain, f**king coughing is like daggers. I think I'm over the hill already but fudge getting this without any protection.

Hearing your symptoms makes me cringe. Unfortunately, we still have a lot of people out there who think protecting communities from COVID is an over reaction, vaccinations included.
Thanks, I'm mostly over it now. Apart from lower back pain from all the coughing.

Sore throat
Congestion
Muscle/Joint pain
Cough from hell

Never had the fever.
Apparently fever is a lot less common in the vaccinated.
booji boy

Post by booji boy »

Fat Old Git wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 6:41 am
guy smiley wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 6:22 am
booji boy wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 5:54 am Are you lot having a crack at Key also pissed off at Greta Thunberg for having a crack at Jacinda? :D
Greta Thunberg wrote: When asked about Ardern, Thunberg said New Zealand’s greenhouse gas emissions haven’t fallen.

It’s funny that people believe Jacinda Ardern and people like that are climate leaders. That just tells you how little people know about the climate crisis.
:shock: Say it ain't so Greta!
She's right.

NZer's have their heads in the sand on climate change.

Try having any sort of conversation about electric veh...

oh, booji, it's you. Sorry... I errr... didn't realise.
EV conversations usually get derailed as there are some who so want them to be the answer right now that they won't except any criticism of them, even if it'sconstructive, or consideration of what else might be needed to make them a real effective alternative. And others just as desperate for them not to be the answer.
I heard a doozy yesterday. Apparently on Stewart Island the DOC or Emergency Services/CD had a hybrid ute. But unfortunately that wasn't good enough and they were directed to replace it with a fully electric vehicle. In order to charge it they also purchased a diesel generator.
booji boy

Post by booji boy »

Flockwitt wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 6:38 am They could make those things for a few hundred bucks. Effing posers and their pretentions of cutting a few milliseconds off their personal bests creating a totally false market.

You mean electric bikes? If so you're way off track (sorry) with that criticism.

Firstly, a decent quality modern bicycle isn't cheap. Components are precision made and frames are still complicated to produce from high end materials. Adding a motor is complex and expensive.

Secondly, electric bikes aren't about boosting performance. Anyone who tries to claim that has rocks in their head. They weigh too much for a start. What they are all about is getting people to ride more by power assisting through climbs, into wind and all that.

A terribly unfit mate of mine living in Perth was telling me a couple of weeks ago that after trying to motivate himself to get out and get fit on his old bike he bit the bullet and bought a motorised hybrid style (upright seating position, flatbars) bike. He's riding more as a result and once you hit 25km/h or so the motor stops assisting and you're doing all the work. He's losing weight, getting fitter and really enjoying the riding.

Electric bikes are an excellent idea for commuting and casual riding to shops, etc style of use that supplants a lot of car journeys with the added benefit of increased health.
Agree with all that. The electric bike has been a boon for the cycling industry. I'm more a mountain biker than a roadie but I see a lot of riders on E bikes on the mountain bike trails that wouldn't be there otherwise. Anything that gets them off the couch is a good thing.

Flockwitt does have a point though. For a basic commuter bike you don't need all the high end specs you describe. They might be important for you as a keen road cyclist and I have a top end mountain bike that is worth about $5k without a motor but if someone wants a basic, reliable E bike to commute to and from work there are much cheaper options available.
booji boy

Post by booji boy »

You talking about the classic Raleigh Chopper with banana seat and ape hanger handlebars? That would be awesome. I had one as a kid and explored far and wide on that mean machine.

There was some dude who passed through Taupo a couple of years ago who was riding the length of NZ on one. Bluff to Cape Reinga. :lol: :thumbup:
merlin the happy pig

Post by merlin the happy pig »

booji boy wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 8:38 pm

Agree with all that. The electric bike has been a boon for the cycling industry. I'm more a mountain biker than a roadie but I see a lot of riders on E bikes on the mountain bike trails that wouldn't be there otherwise. Anything that gets them off the couch is a good thing.

Flockwitt does have a point though. For a basic commuter bike you don't need all the high end specs you describe. They might be important for you as a keen road cyclist and I have a top end mountain bike that is worth about $5k without a motor but if someone wants a basic, reliable E bike to commute to and from work there are much cheaper options available.
I agree e-bikes don't need to be anywhere near $5k.
Strip down the power output, lighten the frame, moderately skinny tires 1 inch is adequate, and you don't need a 40km battery either for a little assist on your commute.

Another way to drop the cost would be to do away with the human assist altogether.
Make them as simple as an e-scooter but with the advantages of a safer form factor (you don't face plant at the slightest bump) Give them 30 km range and that would be enough for many people to commute with.
guy smiley

Post by guy smiley »

Yeah....

nah.

What's the point of something that can only provide a 30-40km ride?

When you're comparing to something that can offer a greater range and the added health benefits of power assisted cycling, it doesn't stack up. Why do I stress the health benefits here? Because we're a nation of fat, lazy youseless cnuts who will drain the health system of resources for no reason other than a love of being fat and lazy when others will need those services... and cities gain by having people ride more than drive.

It's got nothing to do with me having been a keen road cyclist. Flockwitt was very dismissive about not needing to spend more than a few hundred dollars... I wasn't thinking of high end bikes when I argued that it will cost more than that to build and sell a decent ebike. Sure, you could go out and buy something banged together in some sort of minimum wage sweatshop with basic components but it will break more than it doesn't and it will be too heavy to be practical. Weight is everything in cycling, which is why you spent 5K on an MTB. Keeping the weight down costs. No-one is going to want to ride something that's too heavy to get up the front steps after a ride home, for instance.
booji boy

Post by booji boy »

There is a young lady at work who has just bought one. Looks like an ugly piece of shit. Awful design, geometry, specs etc. I wouldn't buy it but she loves it. So each to their own. It serves her purpose and more importantly it is affordable for her.

My MTB bike is relatively heavy due to the long travel suspension components so weight isn't everything. There was a time when weight was everything and it probably still is for cross country racing but for general trail riding some of the newer bikes are getting heavier as they are built to handle rowdier trails. Despite the extra weight they still pedal really efficiently due to modern design features, geometry and efficient suspension designs. My bike is like a Panzer tank plowing through the Ardennes compared to my old cross country bike but it can still hang with the old bike on longer, smoother cross country rides.
Flockwitt

Post by Flockwitt »

I’m not talking about anything put together in a low wage sweat shop Guy. Sweat shops don’t work for that kind of product. I’m talking about a robotic plant churning these things out 24/7. A good quality modern day Model T of a bike.
guy smiley

Post by guy smiley »

It would be an interesting exercise to see how cheaply it could be done... personally I can't see it for a few hundred but economy of scale is everything and we simply haven't seen that applied as yet, there's too much variety in the market.

Anyway... perhaps getting back to the topic?

Ashburton cnuts are cnuts...

https://www.rnz.co.nz/news/ldr/452438/h ... now-by-now
The sector is calling for more understanding from locals around level 2 compliance after some members of the public have turned aggressive and abusive when asked to wear masks on arrival.

"We just want to reduce some of the pressure and stress on them really because they're doing the best they can in difficult circumstances," Ashburton Community Alcohol and Drug Service (ACADS) health promoter Andrae Gold said.

The Devon Tavern was taking a no nonsense approach where if no one was willing to comply they would be asked to leave the premises.

"It's not their job to be policing this," Gold said.

"People should know by now what the requirements are under level 2."

Gold said there was a sense of cynicism among some of the public.

"I think there is a sense of complacency," she said.

"We don't have it in the South Island so why should we bother and I think we have some people who are resistant to being told what to do."

Somerset Grocer and Millhouse Kitchen co-owner Mark Milmine said he had copped abuse for "simply following the rules".
People talk about Auckland being the home of the entitled tosspot, with good reason of course... but dare to go against the grain in rural Canterbury at your peril.
JPNZ

Post by JPNZ »

Flockwitt wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 9:50 pm I’m not talking about anything put together in a low wage sweat shop Guy. Sweat shops don’t work for that kind of product. I’m talking about a robotic plant churning these things out 24/7. A good quality modern day Model T of a bike.
If it was that cheap & easy don't you think a company would have already done it? I'm a mountain bike rider as I see a few others on here are. Covid has forced a lot of bikes and bike part prices sky high, the cheapest Shimano drive train alone even with 10-12 gears would be over $300. Let alone wheels, lithium batteries the motor etc. $2-3k for an electric bike is CHEAP considering the top end sees MTB e-bikes up to $26,000 NZD +.

Electric bikes are on track to outsell normal pedal powered bikes by 2024. The Electric bike industry is expected to be worth over $60 billion NZD by 2026.
merlin the happy pig

JPNZ wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 11:03 pm
Flockwitt wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 9:50 pm I’m not talking about anything put together in a low wage sweat shop Guy. Sweat shops don’t work for that kind of product. I’m talking about a robotic plant churning these things out 24/7. A good quality modern day Model T of a bike.
If it was that cheap & easy don't you think a company would have already done it? I'm a mountain bike rider as I see a few others on here are. Covid has forced all bike part prices sky high, the cheapest Shimano drive train alone even with 10-12 gears would be over $300. Let alone wheels, lithium batteries the motor etc. $2-3k for an electric bike is CHEAP considering the top end sees MTB e-bikes up to $26,000 NZD +.

Electric bikes are on track to outsell normal pedal powered bikes by 2024. The Electric bike industry is expected to be worth over $60 billion NZD by 2026.
I don't want to sound all conspiracy theorist on this, but it's sometimes more difficult to sell stuff that is good value and actually what you need, rather than stuff you think you need or want.

A good example of this is how kids bikes are modelled on mountain bikes, with fat tyres and heavy frames and poor geometry.
The traditional style of bicycle (the old Raleigh 20) is far more practical for any journey of more than 500m, but are almost unobtainable in shops.
I see kids struggle to peddle these overweight over tyred monsters up a hill and think they've been badly short changed by the industry and given bad advice by the shops.

At this stage I think bike manufacturers have simply not tried to come up with a basic reliable bike with lower power assist and lighter frame, skinner tyres etc because the market for e-bikes is currently very lucrative and it's still easy to convince people they NEED all that power and speed.
We are basically seeing the same stupid buying decisions that lead to adoption of SUVs as the norm applied to bicycles.
JPNZ

Post by JPNZ »

merlin the happy pig wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 11:14 pm
At this stage I think bike manufacturers have simply not tried to come up with a basic reliable bike with lower power assist and lighter frame, skinner tyres etc because the market for e-bikes is currently very lucrative and it's still easy to convince people they NEED all that power and speed.
We are basically seeing the same stupid buying decisions that lead to adoption of SUVs as the norm applied to bicycles.
Not sure if your aware but ebikes in most parts of the world are limited to 25kph speed assistance wise (32kph in NZ) a speed I regularly cycle faster at on my morning commute to work (non ebike). So its not really about power and speed being worth more. The battery is the main cost on an ebike, for instance on a $7-$8k electric mountain bike a replacement 600wh battery (80-90km range) is $1600 NZD.

If you want less power assist and a lighter bike and something cheaper than an ebike, how about trying a normal bike :lol:
guy smiley

Post by guy smiley »

A Raleigh Twenty isn't a traditional bicycle, they're an outlier in design.

There is a huge range of bicycle types and sizes available today... what most parents probably try to do is buy a larger than needed bike for their younger kids knowing they'll grow into it.

As for a 'lightweight' ebike for commuting... they're around. Not all ebikes are fat tyred MTB style monsters. Likewise, there are some awesome bike designs catering to a simple, utility style bike perfect for commuting or a more general use style of riding without power assistance.

Apparently, they're not noticeable.
merlin the happy pig

JPNZ wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 11:30 pm
merlin the happy pig wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 11:14 pm
Not sure if your aware but ebikes in most parts of the world are limited to 25kph speed assistance wise (32kph in NZ) a speed I regularly cycle faster at on my morning commute to work (non ebike). So its not really about power and speed being worth more. The battery is the main cost on an ebike, for instance on a $7-$8k electric mountain bike a replacement 600wh battery (80-90km range) is $1600 NZD.

If you want less power assist and a lighter bike and something cheaper than an ebike, how about trying a normal bike :lol:
I ride something called a city bike for my daily commute of 17kms.
It is simply a traditional bike frame (i.e. a slightly more robust version of a road bike)
it has tougher 1" rims and flat handle bars.
It suits commuting way better than a road bike and was very cheap (about $800 when I bought it ) and reliable. The style is almost unseen on the roads despite being far more practical than the bikes I see most people commuting on (road bikes or mountain bikes)

As for battery replacement costs they are high because they are
1. Not yet mass produced in high enough volumes
2. Too large because the bikes are too big with huge tyres
Eugenius

Post by Eugenius »

I had a Raleigh 20 , when all I wanted was a dragster . Tho granted it lasted forever .

Those choppers with the plastic gear changes were kinda crap compared to the Dragster I though .
merlin the happy pig

guy smiley wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 11:45 pm A Raleigh Twenty isn't a traditional bicycle, they're an outlier in design.

There is a huge range of bicycle types and sizes available today... what most parents probably try to do is buy a larger than needed bike for their younger kids knowing they'll grow into it.

As for a 'lightweight' ebike for commuting... they're around. Not all ebikes are fat tyred MTB style monsters. Likewise, there are some awesome bike designs catering to a simple, utility style bike perfect for commuting or a more general use style of riding without power assistance.

They aren't noticeable on the roads, I've only ever seen the monsters TBH
merlin the happy pig

Eugenius wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 11:54 pm I had a Raleigh 20 , when all I wanted was a dragster . Tho granted it lasted forever .

Those choppers with the plastic gear changes were kinda crap compared to the Dragster I though .
:)
Fat Old Git

Post by Fat Old Git »

There are ride share eBikes now. Not particularly widespread yet, but might eventually mean many can do without having their own.
guy smiley

Post by guy smiley »

merlin the happy pig wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 11:56 pm
guy smiley wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 11:45 pm A Raleigh Twenty isn't a traditional bicycle, they're an outlier in design.

Well, you have a city bike...they're around. I wouldn't hoof off on a 60-100km training ride on one though.

Your true bike enthusiast knows the universal formula N+1... where N= the number of bikes you own and the formula refers to the number of bikes you need. It's a standing joke in the community. For nearly everyone who isn't a bike nut, one bike has to pretty much do it all...

after living so long in Perth, I've realised that if I want to get into regular cycling in the BoP again it's not going to be on either of my two road bikes. F**k that, the roads are too unfriendly. I'm going to get an MTB because that will give me the best bang for buck. It will handle roads and paths away from most traffic and get me back into off road riding for more fun.

I reckon most people make a similar decision. One bike to rule them all is pretty much an MTB. Fashion dictates the set up after that.

By the way... if anyone's interested, I've got a mintox Specialised Langster 10th anniversary model for sale. It's got a flip flop hub with freewheel and a rim brake at the front, still with original track bars. It's a jet and would suit an ultra cool metro type.
booji boy

Post by booji boy »

guy smiley wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 12:08 am
merlin the happy pig wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 11:56 pm

Well, you have a city bike...they're around. I wouldn't hoof off on a 60-100km training ride on one though.

Your true bike enthusiast knows the universal formula N+1... where N= the number of bikes you own and the formula refers to the number of bikes you need. It's a standing joke in the community. For nearly everyone who isn't a bike nut, one bike has to pretty much do it all...

after living so long in Perth, I've realised that if I want to get into regular cycling in the BoP again it's not going to be on either of my two road bikes. F**k that, the roads are too unfriendly. I'm going to get an MTB because that will give me the best bang for buck. It will handle roads and paths away from most traffic and get me back into off road riding for more fun.

I reckon most people make a similar decision. One bike to rule them all is pretty much an MTB. Fashion dictates the set up after that.

By the way... if anyone's interested, I've got a mintox Specialised Langster 10th anniversary model for sale. It's got a flip flop hub with freewheel and a rim brake at the front, still with original track bars. It's a jet and would suit an ultra cool metro type.
:nod:

I bought a good quality hard tail thinking it would be my only bike. Then I started riding steeper, more gnarly terrain with friends so bought a full suspension bike to keep up with the Joneses. I now own 3 bikes. :) Though I do have intentions to sell one of them.
Kiwias

Post by Kiwias »

True Blue wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 4:18 pm

Sore throat
Congestion
Muscle/Joint pain
Cough from hell

Never had the fever.
Good to hear you are getting better. SOunds like a real bitch.
guy smiley

Post by guy smiley »

booji boy wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 12:47 am

I bought a good quality hard tail thinking it would be my only bike. Then I started riding steeper, more gnarly terrain with friends so bought a full suspension bike to keep up with the Joneses. I now own 3 bikes. :) Though I do have intentions to sell one of them.
Seeing as this has become a threadjack with legs, Booji...

what should I buy? I've got average to decent handling skills and can ride off road but haven't for years. I was thinking to grab a hard tail as I look at full suspension as being a bit too much complexity, weight and maybe I don't need it sort of thing. I just want to get out and ride mixed terrain away from roads and explore the region.
Ted.

Post by Ted. »

Back on TOPIC :x

8 New cases today, one is unlinked.

There was a positive poo test in Tauranga. Did a JAFA escape?
puku

Post by puku »

guy smiley wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 1:31 am
booji boy wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 12:47 am

Seeing as this has become a threadjack with legs, Booji...

what should I buy? I've got average to decent handling skills and can ride off road but haven't for years. I was thinking to grab a hard tail as I look at full suspension as being a bit too much complexity, weight and maybe I don't need it sort of thing. I just want to get out and ride mixed terrain away from roads and explore the region.
You aiming to ride over the Kaimai range via Thompson's track? If so, you will need something to handle the ruts and mud.

Sorry Ted
booji boy

Post by booji boy »

Eugenius wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 11:54 pm I had a Raleigh 20 , when all I wanted was a dragster . Tho granted it lasted forever .

One of my mates had a Raleigh 20. He could pull some wicked wheelies on that thing. I had a chopper and a kid down the road had a yellow Dragster. Must admit it was a sweet looking bike. 👌