Rugby Championship: All Blacks vs Springboks: MATCH THREAD: Sat 25th Sept

All things Rugby
User avatar
Kiwias
Posts: 43210
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Rugby Championship: All Blacks vs Springboks: MATCH THREAD: Sat 25th Sept

Post by Kiwias »

Wilson's Toffee wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 11:00 am
Fat Old Git wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 6:50 am The ABs beat the Boks at the RWC.
England beat the ABs at the RWC.
The Boks beat England at the RWC.

The performance of two of these teams has mainly been judged based on the match they won, and not the one they lost.

For the other team it's the other way around.
It all depends WHICH match you lose.. The important ones, or the uninportant one...
And therein lies the difference between the ABs and the Boks -- to the ABs, every match is important.
merlin the happy pig
Posts: 2043
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Rugby Championship: All Blacks vs Springboks: MATCH THREAD: Sat 25th Sept

Post by merlin the happy pig »

Sonny Blount wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 10:00 pm
les@mooloolaba wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 9:50 am
The Native wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 1:21 am
grouch wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 1:10 am
trapper wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 12:30 am I’ve said it before and I will say it again, TJ should not be starting Test matches, go on all you like about how tough he is, how many caps he has got, how good his box kicks are but his most basic role of clearing the ball quickly and effectively is nowhere near what it should be and his decision making last night…. Jesus.
:thumbup:
Not excusing his shithouse passing but if your forwards are doing the square root of f*ck all to ensure quick, clean ruck ball and your opposition is hugely disruptive, it makes the job a bit more difficult.
Sneck doesn't seem to have trouble passing perfect passes under pressure..
The whole team has been passing the ball behind the man far too often this year. Including Snecky and Mo'unga.
Some of that is probably the receiving players being aligned too flat.
Eugenius
Posts: 990
Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2020 12:05 am

Re: Rugby Championship: All Blacks vs Springboks: MATCH THREAD: Sat 25th Sept

Post by Eugenius »

Kiwias wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 11:26 pm
Wilson's Toffee wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 11:00 am
Fat Old Git wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 6:50 am The ABs beat the Boks at the RWC.
England beat the ABs at the RWC.
The Boks beat England at the RWC.

The performance of two of these teams has mainly been judged based on the match they won, and not the one they lost.

For the other team it's the other way around.
It all depends WHICH match you lose.. The important ones, or the uninportant one...
And therein lies the difference between the ABs and the Boks -- to the ABs, every match is important.

Judging by the reaction of the Bok players after their pool loss to the AB’s , it mattered alright .
User avatar
trapper
Posts: 3291
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: Gippsland

Re: Rugby Championship: All Blacks vs Springboks: MATCH THREAD: Sat 25th Sept

Post by trapper »

merlin the happy pig wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 11:28 pm
Sonny Blount wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 10:00 pm
les@mooloolaba wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 9:50 am
The Native wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 1:21 am
grouch wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 1:10 am

:thumbup:
Not excusing his shithouse passing but if your forwards are doing the square root of f*ck all to ensure quick, clean ruck ball and your opposition is hugely disruptive, it makes the job a bit more difficult.
Sneck doesn't seem to have trouble passing perfect passes under pressure..
The whole team has been passing the ball behind the man far too often this year. Including Snecky and Mo'unga.
Some of that is probably the receiving players being aligned too flat.
Both Snecky and Mounga are way better than TJ and BB with their passing games, it’s not even close.
User avatar
Kiwias
Posts: 43210
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Rugby Championship: All Blacks vs Springboks: MATCH THREAD: Sat 25th Sept

Post by Kiwias »

Eugenius wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 12:05 am
Kiwias wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 11:26 pm
Wilson's Toffee wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 11:00 am
Fat Old Git wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 6:50 am The ABs beat the Boks at the RWC.
England beat the ABs at the RWC.
The Boks beat England at the RWC.

The performance of two of these teams has mainly been judged based on the match they won, and not the one they lost.

For the other team it's the other way around.
It all depends WHICH match you lose.. The important ones, or the uninportant one...
And therein lies the difference between the ABs and the Boks -- to the ABs, every match is important.

Judging by the reaction of the Bok players after their pool loss to the AB’s , it mattered alright .
It mattered to the Boks fans at the ground too. I think WT was referring more to his own view.
Sonny Blount
Posts: 4799
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Rugby Championship: All Blacks vs Springboks: MATCH THREAD: Sat 25th Sept

Post by Sonny Blount »

trapper wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 1:33 am
merlin the happy pig wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 11:28 pm
Sonny Blount wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 10:00 pm
les@mooloolaba wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 9:50 am
The Native wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 1:21 am
Not excusing his shithouse passing but if your forwards are doing the square root of f*ck all to ensure quick, clean ruck ball and your opposition is hugely disruptive, it makes the job a bit more difficult.
Sneck doesn't seem to have trouble passing perfect passes under pressure..
The whole team has been passing the ball behind the man far too often this year. Including Snecky and Mo'unga.
Some of that is probably the receiving players being aligned too flat.
Both Snecky and Mounga are way better than TJ and BB with their passing games, it’s not even close.
The ball certainly goes where he wants it to go:

https://twitter.com/Te_Nug/status/1442607303992090629
User avatar
Wilson's Toffee
Posts: 24572
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Rugby Championship: All Blacks vs Springboks: MATCH THREAD: Sat 25th Sept

Post by Wilson's Toffee »

Kiwias wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 1:44 am
Eugenius wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 12:05 am
Kiwias wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 11:26 pm
Wilson's Toffee wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 11:00 am
Fat Old Git wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 6:50 am The ABs beat the Boks at the RWC.
England beat the ABs at the RWC.
The Boks beat England at the RWC.

The performance of two of these teams has mainly been judged based on the match they won, and not the one they lost.

For the other team it's the other way around.
It all depends WHICH match you lose.. The important ones, or the uninportant one...
And therein lies the difference between the ABs and the Boks -- to the ABs, every match is important.

Judging by the reaction of the Bok players after their pool loss to the AB’s , it mattered alright .
It mattered to the Boks fans at the ground too. I think WT was referring more to his own view.
Kiwis s correct - my own view. Losing the one pool game had only the effect of sharpening the Boks' focus, which eventually led to a RWC final win.

Desired outcome achieved...
Eugenius
Posts: 990
Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2020 12:05 am

Re: Rugby Championship: All Blacks vs Springboks: MATCH THREAD: Sat 25th Sept

Post by Eugenius »

Maybe they were simply easier games ?

Tho Wales really blew it and really should have won .
User avatar
Wilson's Toffee
Posts: 24572
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Rugby Championship: All Blacks vs Springboks: MATCH THREAD: Sat 25th Sept

Post by Wilson's Toffee »

If your aunt had balls, they would have ...
Eugenius
Posts: 990
Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2020 12:05 am

Re: Rugby Championship: All Blacks vs Springboks: MATCH THREAD: Sat 25th Sept

Post by Eugenius »

Camped inside the SA 22 - all they seemed to offer were pick and goes .

Really blew it .
User avatar
Ted.
Posts: 19861
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Rugby Championship: All Blacks vs Springboks: MATCH THREAD: Sat 25th Sept

Post by Ted. »

trapper wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 1:33 am
merlin the happy pig wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 11:28 pm
Sonny Blount wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 10:00 pm
les@mooloolaba wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 9:50 am
The Native wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 1:21 am
Not excusing his shithouse passing but if your forwards are doing the square root of f*ck all to ensure quick, clean ruck ball and your opposition is hugely disruptive, it makes the job a bit more difficult.
Sneck doesn't seem to have trouble passing perfect passes under pressure..
The whole team has been passing the ball behind the man far too often this year. Including Snecky and Mo'unga.
Some of that is probably the receiving players being aligned too flat.
Both Snecky and Mounga are way better than TJ and BB with their passing games, it’s not even close.
Yeah but, unfortunately neither of them were there, so MTHP's point still stands.
User avatar
Kiwias
Posts: 43210
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Rugby Championship: All Blacks vs Springboks: MATCH THREAD: Sat 25th Sept

Post by Kiwias »

Eugenius wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 11:04 pm Camped inside the SA 22 - all they seemed to offer were pick and goes .

Really blew it .
When all Wales needed was a couple of box kicks.
Post Reply