Melbourne. Fvcked again. And again. And again.

All things Rugby
Pat the Ex Mat

Re: Melbourne. Fvcked again. And again. And again.

Post by Pat the Ex Mat »

:roll:
Farva

Post by Farva »

I saw Anthony Albanese interviewed on ABC and he was all over the place. He was trying to have a crack at Christian Porter but couldn’t articulate what the actual issue was. He said he accepted money. He didn’t say why that was wrong.

It should have been a slam dunk. Mr Porter is now compromised. A federal minister had been bought by unknown people. How can Mr Porter say he is acting in the best interest of the Australian public and not in the best interest of his donors? How can the Prime Minister keep Mr Porter in his party? Does Mr Morrison put politics above what is in the best interest of Australia?

Or something like that. But he didn’t.
Ogre

Post by Ogre »

Another day closer to H day for Melbourne. Hopefully the jab rate continues and a decent level of bormal can return.. (H is for haircut if you were wondering)
Pat the Ex Mat

Post by Pat the Ex Mat »

Much as I love the ABC and watch it daily, that's probably the last two me he was on it ... :|
Clogs

Post by Clogs »

Farva wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 6:16 am I saw Anthony Albanese interviewed on ABC and he was all over the place. He was trying to have a crack at Christian Porter but couldn’t articulate what the actual issue was. He said he accepted money. He didn’t say why that was wrong.

It should have been a slam dunk. Mr Porter is now compromised. A federal minister had been bought by unknown people. How can Mr Porter say he is acting in the best interest of the Australian public and not in the best interest of his donors? How can the Prime Minister keep Mr Porter in his party? Does Mr Morrison put politics above what is in the best interest of Australia?

I don't think he wanted to go too hard because of what is happening with the IBAC in Melbourne...
guy smiley

Post by guy smiley »

Farva wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 6:16 am I saw Anthony Albanese interviewed on ABC and he was all over the place. He was trying to have a crack at Christian Porter but couldn’t articulate what the actual issue was. He said he accepted money. He didn’t say why that was wrong.

Chris Bowen should be in Albo's place.
Ali's Choice

Post by Ali's Choice »

To be fair, the only reason that Porter isn't still in cabinet is because of pressure from the Opposition over his disclosure of the 'blind trust' legal payments.

Your post highlights one of the problems with political discourse in this country. We always blame the Opposition for not capitalising on the endless scandals that have beset our crisis-plagued Federal government. Instead of looking to hold our government to account, we blame the Opposition for not cutting through. And the 4th estate deliberately ignores scandal after scandal, instead choosing to attack the Opposition leader for lacking charisma or for not being perfect.
Farva

Post by Farva »

Ali's Choice wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 9:24 am

To be fair, the only reason that Porter isn't still in cabinet is because of pressure from the Opposition over his disclosure of the 'blind trust' legal payments.

Your post highlights one of the problems with political discourse in this country. We always blame the Opposition for not capitalising on the endless scandals that have beset our crisis-plagued Federal government. Instead of looking to hold our government to account, we blame the Opposition for not cutting through. And the 4th estate deliberately ignores scandal after scandal, instead choosing to attack the Opposition leader for lacking charisma or for not being perfect.
I thought my position on the current coalition government was quite clear. They are corrupt and incompetent.

That doesn’t mean I also can’t comment on the opposition. I want this current coalition government out. The only way to do that is for a strong opposition. I don’t think we have that.
jdogscoop

Post by jdogscoop »

Excellent post.

The Australian electorate waits for a better opposition, revealing themselves to be morons.
grievous

Post by grievous »

Exsacery.
Plodders. They should speaking in English, not Barnaby, thats my first tip.
grievous

Post by grievous »

No the ABC finished him
Ellafan

Post by Ellafan »

Albo is a placeholder - either for KK, a former premier who on any objective assessment should be facing the same "ICAC investigation" as Gladys is, given three of her former ministers ended up in gaol, or maybe Dan Andrews - but things went a bit pear-shaped over the last few weeks, and the fallout with the CFMEU is going to hurt ...

Overall, I'd still back Dan to be the next ALP PM.
Ellafan

Post by Ellafan »

Pat the Ex Mat wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 4:23 am It's a clear wedge attempt, but so overt it's embarrassing

I remain puzzled as to why people think the monotonous, robotic delivery that the LNP favour cuts through.
The people who advise the LNP, watched the people who advise the ALP tell them to use monotonous, robotic delivery in the 2006-13 period, and then advised the LNP to direct similar monotonous, robotic delivery of religious-conservative principles to disgruntled former ALP right wing catholic/orthodox/muslim voters. Voters who didn't necessarily buy in to the republican, pro China, anti US/West, inner city left wing, university lecturer doctrine that prevailed in the ALP during the Rudd/Gillard years.

And it worked. :shock:
Clogs

Post by Clogs »

Ellafan wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 3:27 pm

Albo is a placeholder - either for KK, a former premier who on any objective assessment should be facing the same "ICAC investigation" as Gladys is, given three of her former ministers ended up in gaol, or maybe Dan Andrews - but things went a bit pear-shaped over the last few weeks, and the fallout with the CFMEU is going to hurt ...

Dan would be the best choice for PM.
Ali's Choice

Post by Ali's Choice »

Ellafan wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 3:27 pm

I think the worm has turned on this government. Three terms of corruption and waste will catch up to them, despite the media doing everything in its power to get them re-elected. Scott Morrison has been exposed as a grifter, a con-man and a fraud. Albanese will win the upcoming election and be the next Prime Minister.
Ali's Choice

Post by Ali's Choice »

jdogscoop

Post by jdogscoop »

Lockdown is over at midnight on Thursday when Victoria will be through the 70% double vaxed mark.

If anyone needs me next weekend, I'll be in the pub.
Farva

Post by Farva »

Awesome.
Only a few days left. And will be hitting 80% a week later
Pat the Ex Mat

Post by Pat the Ex Mat »

Ellafan wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 3:34 pm
Pat the Ex Mat wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 4:23 am It's a clear wedge attempt, but so overt it's embarrassing

I remain puzzled as to why people think the monotonous, robotic delivery that the LNP favour cuts through.
The people who advise the LNP, watched the people who advise the ALP tell them to use monotonous, robotic delivery in the 2006-13 period, and then advised the LNP to direct similar monotonous, robotic delivery of religious-conservative principles to disgruntled former ALP right wing catholic/orthodox/muslim voters. Voters who didn't necessarily buy in to the republican, pro China, anti US/West, inner city left wing, university lecturer doctrine that prevailed in the ALP during the Rudd/Gillard years.

Simply rubbish
Ellafan

Post by Ellafan »

Pat the Ex Mat wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 6:34 am
Ellafan wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 3:34 pm

Simply rubbish
All of it is, yes. ;) Unfortunately 50% of the population have an IQ <100, along with a 43 second attention span, and it works on them.
Pat the Ex Mat

Post by Pat the Ex Mat »

Indeed x(
Slim 293

Post by Slim 293 »

Read the room Josh…

MungoMan

Post by MungoMan »

Slim 293 wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 8:02 pm Read the room Josh…

:lol:

A mis-step, a palpable mis-step from Cuddly Josh.
Clogs

Post by Clogs »

Yep. Stop politicising this FFS. That twitter response sums it up perfectly. Just let us have our moment FFS! :x
ElementFreak

Post by ElementFreak »

Yep, the thing that is going to seal the next election for the Libs is that Albo doesn't inspire confidence as a leader.
Clogs

Post by Clogs »

ElementFreak wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 11:20 pm

Yep, the thing that is going to seal the next election for the Libs is that Albo doesn't inspire confidence as a leader.

I was out fishing the other day. It is now allowed so I thought why the hell not. Anyways, to cut a long story short I caught an Australian Salmon (we call them bay trout). It was a good little tussle (Australian Salmon are great sport fish). I decided to keep him, because I love smoked Australian Salmon. They are virtually unpalatable any other way, but brined and smoked they are fvcking delicious! So, I donged him on the head and popped him into the bucket.

The salmon at that point had more personality than Albert does. If Labor are going to the election with him as their leader, then good luck to them.
Ali's Choice

Post by Ali's Choice »

Clogs,

Your comment would be more meaningful if;

A) You voted
B) You weren't relentlessly anti-ALP, and
C) Albanese wasn't competing against Scott Morrison. Perhaps you like Scott Morrison's personality? In fact, I am sure you do.
Clogs

Post by Clogs »

I do vote.
I am anti governments generally. I have a healthy disregard for politicians of any persuasion. They are all self serving. Basically they are playing you for their own survival.
I am also of the opinion that we need regular changes in government. That way things stay in a bit more balance. The longer a party stays in power the more corrupt it becomes. So I have no issue with Labor winning the next election. In fact I think it would be good for Australia. Just that they are going struggle with Albert at the helm. He doesn't inspire confidence. To describe him as insipid would be unkind to the word insipid...
Pat the Ex Mat

Post by Pat the Ex Mat »

TBH, when I vote I look at policies and whether the incumbents should be voted out.

The opposition just have to be on balance, better with proper policies.

None of this Americanised "Presidential Electioneering" for mouth-breathers
Clogs

Post by Clogs »

Pat the Ex Mat wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 5:47 am TBH, when I vote I look at policies and whether the incumbents should be voted out.

Well you are clearly more sophisticated than the majority of the mob who turn up and blindly vote for a party because dad used to. That is their team and they will always vote for them.

I would be fascinated to see what would happen here if compulsory voting was scrapped.
MungoMan

Post by MungoMan »

Clogs wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 5:51 am
Pat the Ex Mat wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 5:47 am TBH, when I vote I look at policies and whether the incumbents should be voted out.

Well you are clearly more sophisticated than the majority of the mob who turn up and blindly vote for a party because dad used to. That is their team and they will always vote for them.
Utter. Utter. Bollocks. And lazy bollocks as well.

Firstly, in depth examinations of voting patterns make it clear many voters can, and do, readily change electoral allegiance; incumbents losing their seat without a great deal of voter turnover in their electorate is just one sign of it happening.

Secondly, Straya has a farcan huuuuuge number of voters whose Dad or Mum never voted in one solitary Australian election, on account of them living - you know - elsewhere.
Pat the Ex Mat

Post by Pat the Ex Mat »

So Clogsnis ant-compulsory voting as well....?

:nod:
Clogs

Post by Clogs »

MungoMan wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 6:05 am

Utter. Utter. Bollocks. And lazy bollocks as well.

Firstly, in depth examinations of voting patterns make it clear many voters can, and do, readily change electoral allegiance; incumbents losing their seat without a great deal of voter turnover in their electorate is just one sign of it happening.

Secondly, Straya has a farcan huuuuuge number of voters whose Dad or Mum never voted in one solitary Australian election, on account of them living - you know - elsewhere.
The proportion of 'swing' voters is small when compared to the rusted on, one party for life, always voted this way mob. My 'dad always voted this way' comment was hyperbole. It worked.

And yes I am anti compulsory voting. Just another fvcking government overstep. Forcing me to turn up and vote or else I will be fined. As a result I have become very skilled at cock n balls drawings.
Ali's Choice

Post by Ali's Choice »

Clogs wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 12:20 am I do vote.
You vote informally. A pathetic, coward act to avoid a small fine. Put your money where your mouth is and just don't vote.
Clogs

Post by Clogs »

Ali's Choice wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 6:57 am
Clogs wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 12:20 am I do vote.
You vote informally. A pathetic, coward act to avoid a small fine. Put your money where your mouth is and just don't vote.
Possibly the dumbest thing you have ever posted. Not likely. But possibly.
Ellafan

Post by Ellafan »

I would be fascinated to see what would happen here if compulsory voting was scrapped.
We don't really have compulsory voting. We have compulsory turn-up to get your named ticked off. This probably encourages you to actually vote even if you couldn't give a rats about it, but there is no way to know who deliberately votes informally.
jdogscoop

Post by jdogscoop »

Number 1 baby! As of today Victoria has reclaimed the lead for most cases of COVID-19 in Australia. NSW relegated to second place.

Lets celebrate by coming out of lockdown. The drinks are on Clogs! :thumbup: :smug:
kiwigreg369

Post by kiwigreg369 »

Melbourne always wants to be no. 1.

Now you’ve got vaccination stock things looking close to opening up….
Clogs

Post by Clogs »

jdogscoop wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 11:59 pm Number 1 baby! As of today Victoria has reclaimed the lead for most cases of COVID-19 in Australia. NSW relegated to second place.

Lets celebrate by coming out of lockdown. The drinks are on Clogs! :thumbup: :smug:
:lol:
jdogscoop

Post by jdogscoop »

Done. The world's longest lockdown is over. A mere 9 months or so, on and off.

Piece of piss, really. :smug: