New Zealand...fvcked

All things Rugby
MungoMan

Re: New Zealand...fvcked

Post by MungoMan »

Tehui wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 8:25 am I love your positivity my bro. Can I have a sip?
:lol: :lol:

Well it made I larf anyway :blush:
UncleFB

Post by UncleFB »

booji boy wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 8:18 pm There is a guy at my golf club who swears he won't be getting it. He is a bit of a half wit tbf and a massive conspiracy theorist. I just wonder if they bring in a vaccine passport/certificate that means he can't enter the clubhouse for a drink in the 19th will that make a difference to him. Being a social outcast might make a difference.

I noticed my friend who has been going off the rails with her anti vax stance on Facebook has locked her account. I can't read them anymore even though I never once commented on them.

A friend reckons the Taupo Teachers are organizing a 'No Jab No Job' protest today.

The community is divided. :uhoh:
From the vaccination rates in NZ in really doesn't look like the "community" is divided. There's just fvckwits on the edges.

I think my patience is running out, I'm at the point of wanting Oz and NZ to descend into the police states that Dozy already thinks they are to enforce vaccinations. Harvey's "be nice" to the fvckwits plan clearly isn't working.

My mood isn't helped when I see the US spelling of organising in your post as well.
Harveys

Post by Harveys »

UncleFB wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 11:42 pm
booji boy wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 8:18 pm There is a guy at my golf club who swears he won't be getting it. He is a bit of a half wit tbf and a massive conspiracy theorist. I just wonder if they bring in a vaccine passport/certificate that means he can't enter the clubhouse for a drink in the 19th will that make a difference to him. Being a social outcast might make a difference.

I noticed my friend who has been going off the rails with her anti vax stance on Facebook has locked her account. I can't read them anymore even though I never once commented on them.

A friend reckons the Taupo Teachers are organizing a 'No Jab No Job' protest today.

From the vaccination rates in NZ in really doesn't look like the "community" is divided. There's just fvckwits on the edges.

I think my patience is running out, I'm at the point of wanting Oz and NZ to descend into the police states that Dozy already thinks they are to enforce vaccinations. Harvey's "be nice" to the fvckwits plan clearly isn't working.

My mood isn't helped when I see the US spelling of organising in your post as well.
Where have I ever said that? What I do think now is it’s probably not going to make much difference either way to the hard-line outliers. I have said NZ could enact some gang laws like Australia to help with dealing with some of the idiots to which FOG had a cry.

I do think governments have a window of opportunity to act within before lockdown measures start having diminishing returns of buy in from ordinary folk let alone the idiots.

The levels of punishment meted out for non-conformity is complicated because it’s not just the fuckwits not taking it up.

Maybe like you said, lock down the whole country brutally and say it will stay that way until vaccination rates hit 80% in every town, then just completely open up.
Flockwitt

Post by Flockwitt »

I see there is a law firm that is now barring the non-vaccinated from their premises in Chch. They obviously aren’t waiting for and don’t see the need for a government mandate allowing this. Good luck taking them on. The implication in our own company is that once Delta hits they will have to do the same thing. I think we will be finding the threat level ramping up from here on in for the non vaccinated.
booji boy

Post by booji boy »

:lol:

That's the auto spell check/predictive text on my device and I'm not always organized enough (AKA can't be arsed) to go back and change it.

I need to be more organised. :P
Fat Old Git

Post by Fat Old Git »

Harveys wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 12:16 am

Where have I ever said that? What I do think now is it’s probably not going to make much difference either way to the hard-line outliers. I have said NZ could enact some gang laws like Australia to help with dealing with some of the idiots to which FOG had a cry.

I do think governments have a window of opportunity to act within before lockdown measures start having diminishing returns of buy in from ordinary folk let alone the idiots.

The levels of punishment meted out for non-conformity is complicated because it’s not just the fuckwits not taking it up.

Maybe like you said, lock down the whole country brutally and say it will stay that way until vaccination rates hit 80% in every town, then just completely open up.
Dude, I was joking. You even realised and acknowledged that in one if the following posts. So I'm not sure how you have come to the conclusion I was having a cry.
Enzedder
Location: End of the road, turn right and first house on the left

Post by Enzedder »

65 new Covid-19 community cases, all in Auckland

Poo in Te Awamutu is glowing so looks as though they have a sex worker / drug dealer or ??? spreading their germs.
Harveys

Post by Harveys »

Fat Old Git wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 12:43 am

Dude, I was joking. You even realised and acknowledged that in one if the following posts. So I'm not sure how you have come to the conclusion I was having a cry.
Probably the same way Uncle came to the conclusion I’m in the “be nice to the fvckwits camp” :P
Fat Old Git

Post by Fat Old Git »

You take it as a compliment that I didn't deem it necessary to include a ;)

But I'm watching you now...
UncleFB

Post by UncleFB »

Harveys wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 1:17 am

Probably the same way Uncle came to the conclusion I’m in the “be nice to the fvckwits camp” :P
So, I muddled you up with Sonny Blount for some reason, mea culpa, my bad, my apologies, have a free hit. :blush:
UncleFB

Post by UncleFB »

booji boy wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 12:42 am

:lol:

That's the auto spell check/predictive text on my device and I'm not always organized enough (AKA can't be arsed) to go back and change it.

I need to be more organised. :P
You should train up your device to type proper. ;)
booji boy

Post by booji boy »

US spelling seems to be the default setting. Must be able change that I guess.
UncleFB

Post by UncleFB »

booji boy wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 3:53 am US spelling seems to be the default setting. Must be able change that I guess.
I abuse Siri if she occasionally writes in US spelling. Likely doesn't do anything but makes me feel better - especially when I have Englishman Siri switched on.
Floppykid

Post by Floppykid »

Is it tricky to get a vaxx in NZ, or are stocks at a point where it's on demand pretty much?
Davedj77

Post by Davedj77 »

Floppykid wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 4:31 am Is it tricky to get a vaxx in NZ, or are stocks at a point where it's on demand pretty much?
Easy as to get. Might be trickier for our rural areas but in the major centres it shouldn't be an issue. Tomorrow we are having a "Vaxathon" to try and get 100K vaccinated in a day.
Harveys

Post by Harveys »

UncleFB wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 1:43 am

So, I muddled you up with Sonny Blount for some reason, mea culpa, my bad, my apologies, have a free hit. :blush:
:smug: :thumbup:
Tehui

Post by Tehui »

UncleFB wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 11:42 pm From the vaccination rates in NZ in really doesn't look like the "community" is divided. There's just fvckwits on the edges.

Sadly e te tuakana, a lot our people (Māori) are still lagging way behind in the vaccination rates (although it's slowly improving in some areas), and I've got a number of different thoughts & emotions about it. Some anger is directed towards some of my own people who simply do not trust 'the system'. Although I understand where the mistrust comes from, I'm disappointed by their stance. And some of my anger is directed towards some of the politicians who oppose ethnic targeted approaches, when all you need to do is look at the current rates to draw the obvious conclusion that not all people in NZ are the same.

I'm probably stating something that's been stated a million other times elsewhere, but I can see vaccination becoming a health & safety issue in most places. While I am pro-choice, I don't think any of those people should be able to venture to public places or work sites and mix with others without proof of having been vaccinated.

I don't think the majority of NZers are aware of how bad things can get, with the army needing to take bodies away from the hospital, and loved ones being unable to see sick or dying family members. Somebody a few pages back mentioned the need to do 'hard hitting' advertisements like we do for drunk driving - it sounds like a good idea to me. I would simply use real life stories from overseas to demonstrate what's coming.
obelixtim

Post by obelixtim »

Tehui wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 6:22 am
UncleFB wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 11:42 pm From the vaccination rates in NZ in really doesn't look like the "community" is divided. There's just fvckwits on the edges.

Sadly e te tuakana, a lot our people (Māori) are still lagging way behind in the vaccination rates (although it's slowly improving in some areas), and I've got a number of different thoughts & emotions about it. Some anger is directed towards some of my own people who simply do not trust 'the system'. Although I understand where the mistrust comes from, I'm disappointed by their stance. And some of my anger is directed towards some of the politicians who oppose ethnic targeted approaches, when all you need to do is look at the current rates to draw the obvious conclusion that not all people in NZ are the same.

I'm probably stating something that's been stated a million other times elsewhere, but I can see vaccination becoming a health & safety issue in most places. While I am pro-choice, I don't think any of those people should be able to venture to public places or work sites and mix with others without proof of having been vaccinated.

I don't think the majority of NZers are aware of how bad things can get, with the army needing to take bodies away from the hospital, and loved ones being unable to see sick or dying family members. Somebody a few pages back mentioned the need to do 'hard hitting' advertisements like we do for drunk driving - it sounds like a good idea to me. I would simply use real life stories from overseas to demonstrate what's coming.
There are plenty of real life stories and vids showing people dying overseas, on social media and utube, some of them rabid anti vaxers. The nutcases amongst them just brush them off as fake or staged.
RuggaBugga

Post by RuggaBugga »

Is he the only one around the club?

There's a couple round my pub, can't even be bothered engaging tbh.
jdogscoop

Post by jdogscoop »

Just linked up my double vax cert with the Service Victoria entry app online.

If you don't do that, even if you are double vaxed, you don't get in.

Simple and effective. :thumbup:

Pubs open next Thursday or Friday. 50 people outside.

See you there, intelligent people.
booji boy

Post by booji boy »

RuggaBugga wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 12:51 pm

Is he the only one around the club?

There's a couple round my pub, can't even be bothered engaging tbh.
I haven't spoken directly to him just heard through others. Nobody is surprised because he is definitely a tin foil hat wearing conspiracy theorist and not very bright. I've heard of a few others and spoken to some who just don't want to take the vaccine the same as they don't get the flu jab. Not sure how you persuade them.
Flockwitt

Post by Flockwitt »

^ Yes, the crowd that will wail and moan at the vaccine passport, then suddenly become very quiet when a few people start croaking.

It's all still a bit too distant for many.
Auckman

Post by Auckman »

NSW is about to hit 80% double-vaccination rate this weekend. I reckon the mandates (only those with proof of double-vaccination are allowed into places like the pubs, restaurants and clubs) have a big part to play in this; the vaccine rate has really sped up in recent weeks. I reckon mandates work. Mandates might be the final thing to push the "can't be arsed" or even the vaccine-hesitant crowd in NZ over the line. The younger crowd will want to still go out to the pubs and clubs. Peer pressure will do the rest.
UncleFB

Post by UncleFB »

Tehui wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 6:22 am

Yeah I've been checking out NZ's rates and wondering what has been going on with the really low rates. Because pretty much all of my whanaunga have had the jab I just assumed the low rates were only rural.
JB1981

Post by JB1981 »

Flicking on the Vaxathon, only 8,000 of the nearly 50,000 doses so far today have been first doses.
sonic_attack

Post by sonic_attack »

8000 is still 8000. The folk that have made their minds up aren't switching, they have too much support to back up their dumbfuckery. I'm still assuming there will be a swell of the lazy and hesitant when we're in the midst of the proper runaway breakout that's coming.

Will be too late for a few of them, that's their fault though.
Ted.

Post by Ted. »

Harveys wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 5:17 am
UncleFB wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 1:43 am

:smug: :thumbup:
You should be livid. :nod:
JB1981

Post by JB1981 »

It’s up above 32,000 first doses today now. Looking online that compares to 15,000 yesterday. We’ve had approx. 3.5m first doses all up, so as it stands, that has grown by just under a percent.
Ted.

Post by Ted. »

This self-indulgent nitwit will lose her job unless she "caved" in and allowed herself to be bullied.

https://www.stuff.co.nz/southland-times ... ovid19-jab
Fat Old Git

Post by Fat Old Git »

I wonder if she feels bullied by having to teach a national curriculum instead of being allowed to fill children's heads with whatever her beliefs desire.
Fat Old Git

Post by Fat Old Git »

In a similar vein, apparently there are large numbers of midwives prepared to walk away from their jobs due to the vaccine madate. 10 of the current 60 serving one community according to prime news.

I'm aways surprised by how many healthcsre professionals there are that don't appear to have a good understanding of the science behind what they do. And am reminded of a friend who once described many of them as being technicians following set procedures that they learned by rote.
Last edited by Fat Old Git on Sat Oct 16, 2021 5:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
RuggaBugga

Post by RuggaBugga »

Ted. wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 4:39 am This self-indulgent nitwit will lose her job unless she "caved" in and allowed herself to be bullied.

https://www.stuff.co.nz/southland-times ... ovid19-jab
Don't let the door hit your sole breadwinning arse on the way out.
Auckman

Post by Auckman »

Just a touch under 38,000 first doses now at 6pm NZT

(126,000+ overall)
Fat Old Git

Post by Fat Old Git »

:thumbup:

And everyone's favorite self appointed Bishop was on the TV talking at today's moron protest. Hopefully that will mean some time in a different sort of lockdown.

If the morons could just follow the rules for a bit maybe we might actually get the freedoms they desire.
Tehui

Post by Tehui »

Auckman wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 11:35 pm NSW is about to hit 80% double-vaccination rate this weekend. I reckon the mandates (only those with proof of double-vaccination are allowed into places like the pubs, restaurants and clubs) have a big part to play in this; the vaccine rate has really sped up in recent weeks. I reckon mandates work. Mandates might be the final thing to push the "can't be arsed" or even the vaccine-hesitant crowd in NZ over the line. The younger crowd will want to still go out to the pubs and clubs. Peer pressure will do the rest.
The sooner this happens in NZ, the better.
Monkey Magic

Post by Monkey Magic »

Super Saturday seems to have been a success. Must say I'm both impressed and glad with the support it has gotten. Its heartening that none of the political parties saw benefit in deriding the event and using it to score political points.

Also looks like tamaki has cooked his goose so should face jail time.

Only issue now is, where to from here? Hopefully all those that got their first dose today become advocates to those who still haven't got there yet.
Brabus

Post by Brabus »

Tehui wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 6:55 am
Auckman wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 11:35 pm NSW is about to hit 80% double-vaccination rate this weekend. I reckon the mandates (only those with proof of double-vaccination are allowed into places like the pubs, restaurants and clubs) have a big part to play in this; the vaccine rate has really sped up in recent weeks. I reckon mandates work. Mandates might be the final thing to push the "can't be arsed" or even the vaccine-hesitant crowd in NZ over the line. The younger crowd will want to still go out to the pubs and clubs. Peer pressure will do the rest.
I really can't agree. Yes people should get vaccinated, once they do it is highly unlikely that if they catch the virus they would have dangerously severe reactions. There is also such a thing as natural immunity mostly through having contracted the virus and come out the other side, for these people getting vaccinated could add additional risk for no additional benefit. It would be perfectly rational for someone who has recovered to refuse the vaccine. Should they be shunned to the same extent as the tin foil hatters?

I'm fully vaccinated and will get the passport when it comes out because, why not? I do however hold some very strong reservations about how society is positioned at the moment. Othering people has a long history of not ending well and when there are such factors at play as natural immunity. The passport, in my humble opinion is not the answer. If the vaccine works, which I believe it does, the passport becomes irrelevant as a preventative measure once the vast majority have it. The rest is simply forced compliance and we as a society should always look at such with a healthy dose of skepticism.
booji boy

Post by booji boy »

Monkey Magic wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 7:04 am Super Saturday seems to have been a success. Must say I'm both impressed and glad with the support it has gotten. Its heartening that none of the political parties saw benefit in deriding the event and using it to score political points.

Also looks like tamaki has cooked his goose so should face jail time.

Only issue now is, where to from here? Hopefully all those that got their first dose today become advocates to those who still haven't got there yet.
Agreed. Seems to have been a great success all round. :thumbup:
guy smiley

Post by guy smiley »

Brabus wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 7:48 am
I really can't agree. Yes people should get vaccinated, once they do it is highly unlikely that if they catch the virus they would have dangerously severe reactions. There is also such a thing as natural immunity mostly through having contracted the virus and come out the other side, for these people getting vaccinated could add additional risk for no additional benefit. It would be perfectly rational for someone who has recovered to refuse the vaccine. Should they be shunned to the same extent as the tin foil hatters?

I'm fully vaccinated and will get the passport when it comes out because, why not? I do however hold some very strong reservations about how society is positioned at the moment. Othering people has a long history of not ending well and when there are such factors at play as natural immunity. The passport, in my humble opinion is not the answer. If the vaccine works, which I believe it does, the passport becomes irrelevant as a preventative measure once the vast majority have it. The rest is simply forced compliance and we as a society should always look at such with a healthy dose of skepticism.
Talk us through the whole 'natural immunity' thing and perhaps explain how that's worked out for those who tried it... like the UK, perhaps?
While we're at it, perhaps we could open the conversation up to that pesky topic, childhood immunisations and the eradication of things like smallpox and polio, along with all those other nasty diseases that don't kill us by the score anymore... due to mass vaccination programs.
merlin the happy pig

Post by merlin the happy pig »

Brabus wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 7:48 am

Natural immunity is 2.5 times less effective preventing reinfection and hospitalization than vaccination, there was a good article posted on Ars Technica that is linked in this thread.
I sympathize though that shunning the unvaccinated is of limited use because they rather than the vaccinated are taking the vast majority the risk.
On the other hand I don't extend them any sympathy for their stupid decision, nor feel any obligation to continue lockdowns to protect them. In fact I will no doubt feel anger as they fill the hospitals thus denying people access to care who I think are more deserving.