Joe Rogan and the De-Worming Tablets......

All things Rugby
bimboman

Re: Joe Rogan and the De-Worming Tablets......

Post by bimboman »

message #2527204 wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 12:02 pm
bimboman wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 12:01 pm
message #2527204 wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 11:59 am
bimboman wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 11:56 am
message #2527204 wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 11:47 am

Please explain.

Not sure that’s a serious question.
It is. Ivermectin is is an approximately 80:20 mixture of the two 22,23-dihydroavermectin compounds. How does it's formula differ?

Is there definitely two different formulas?
Now you're amking no sense. Ivermectin is Ivermectin. I asked Mick to explain how the formula differs when given to humans or animals and still be ivermectin.

The dosage and sources will differ of course. Let’s be honest it was a silly demonisation and looking at the PR world quite effective misinformation.
Glaston

Post by Glaston »

The answer to "Why" is that we are Brits, so why the F' does anyone care what the Yanks say on their TV?

I cannot understand non Americans obsesssion with:
a)their Media
b)their Politicians
c) anything else that gets their knickers ina twist.

Seriously guys who really gives a shit!
Mick Mannock

Post by Mick Mannock »

message #2527204 wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 12:02 pm
bimboman wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 12:01 pm
message #2527204 wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 11:59 am
bimboman wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 11:56 am
message #2527204 wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 11:47 am

Please explain.

Not sure that’s a serious question.
It is. Ivermectin is is an approximately 80:20 mixture of the two 22,23-dihydroavermectin compounds. How does it's formula differ?

Is there definitely two different formulas?
Now you're amking no sense. Ivermectin is Ivermectin. I asked Mick to explain how the formula differs when given to humans or animals and still be ivermectin.
You could look it up.

But from the BNF https://bnf.nice.org.uk/drug/ivermectin.html
eldanielfire

Post by eldanielfire »

Bindi wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 12:05 pm
Harveys wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 11:45 am
eldanielfire wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 12:51 am
Bindi wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 11:27 pm The pandemic has made Rogan far less interesting. Wonder if Spotify are regretting all the cash they splashed. Ratings are apparently well down since be became just another alt-right crank.
How is Rogan alt-right? :lol:
Well Dave Chappelle and Netflix is a hate speech dog whistle now so, you know, makes sense to some I guess.
Loved Chapelle’s latest special.

Doesn’t change the fact Rogan is the American Right’s version of Gweneth Paltrow though.
:lol: Rogan promotes politicians like Bernie Sanders and Andrew Yang, believes and regularly promotes universal healthcare, promotes Universal Basic Income, is anti-war, pro cannabis use. But he is critical of the establishment Democrats and mainstream media, doesn't accept critical race theory or that transwomen should compete with biological women and has a platform bigger than most single media outlets so he must be alt right.

Like many, Rogan has heterodox beliefs. But his views would mostly fall into an economically pro-left and classic liberal. E.g. a liberal left-winger prior to Clinton and Blair or a classic Social Democrat. I'm not sure how he ever qualifies as alt-right in any genuine discussion of his politics.
Mog The Almighty

Post by Mog The Almighty »

Rogan is entertaining and charismatic but also a bit of an idiot and at times mind-blowingly gullible.

I agree he is liberal - as in libertarian - but if you're going to plot him on the spectrum of American politics he's way further right than left. I have little doubt he'd genuinely prefer Trump over BIden, for example. He talks loads of shit about the American left and most of it only has grains of truth attached. He's nowhere even close to that cynical and critical of the American right.

That all said, I think he's got a totally valid point about Ivermectin. But he's really just towing a typical rightish anti-vaxxer line (no matter how many times he repeatedly denies that he is one). It makes no coherent logical sense at all that he's perfectly willing to throw the kitchen sink cocktail of drugs at it when he gets covid, many of them unproven, yet he's super highly critical of a different medication - vaccines. It doesn't have to be either-or. But he makes it that along ideological lines, not rational scientific ones.

Image all the side effects that would be reported if you gave 6 billion people the amount of drugs he took for covid. I'm sure it would be much worse than the vaccines. Even if it was still very rare.

And him recovering fairly quickly means fudge all. I got covid and handled it waaaaay better than Rogan did. I basically felt a bit tired for a single day. I was doing heavy squats when I got notified I was positive. I didn't take shit. Not even paracetamol. So his anecdotal story about recovering means nothing.

But then again we are talking about a guy who has indulged in many ridiculous conspiracy theories including believing a few grainy blobs that have been convincingly explained as mundane nothings are actually alien space ships doing acrobatic shows for the US Navy.

Entertaining, yeah. Cool guy, yeah. But take his advice on anything at all barring maybe MMA or comedy at your own risk.
Zico

Post by Zico »

What I hear from Joe Rogan is;

"Yeah I'm no physicist so I'm not saying gravity doesn't exist but who really knows?
There are other theories out there that need to be looked at."

He's a dangerous moron.
bimboman

Post by bimboman »

Zico wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 3:41 pm What I hear from Joe Rogan is;

"Yeah I'm no physicist so I'm not saying gravity doesn't exist but who really knows?

He's a dangerous moron.

What he then does is have a long form interview with a theoretical physicist who explains the change in theory referred to in extreme detail, it’s just you’re never bothered to listen to that bit.
Dozy

Post by Dozy »

eldanielfire

Post by eldanielfire »

Zico wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 3:41 pm What I hear from Joe Rogan is;

He's a dangerous moron.
A huge chunk of Rogan's podcast is interviewing Scientists and he never really disagrees with them. He's well informed, has a wide range of interests, but he himself will not claim to be an expert.

Even CNNs own TV doctor this week had to agree with him that his own network should not have claimed he was taking de-worming tablets, as what is often happening his stuff gets wildly misquoted or quoted out of context by a increasingly jealous media. His Podcast is him chatting and chewing the fat with a wide variety of his interests. I wouldn't call him" a dangerous moron". He was literally saying you should get vaccinated this week. Which is weird why Mog is claiming he issues anti-vaxx lines.
Short Man Syndrome

Post by Short Man Syndrome »

Joe Rogan: 'Don't listen to me, I'm a fvcking moron...'

Fvcking morons: 'Hey everyone, listen to what Joe Rogan has to say!'
Floppykid

Post by Floppykid »

Short Man Syndrome wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 5:15 pm Joe Rogan: 'Don't listen to me, I'm a fvcking moron...'

Fvcking morons: 'Hey everyone, listen to what Joe Rogan has to say!'
He just says that to cover his arse, he clearly wants his dumb jock following to take him seriously.
C69

Post by C69 »

Glaston wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 12:36 pm The answer to "Why" is that we are Brits, so why the F' does anyone care what the Yanks say on their TV?

a)their Media
b)their Politicians

This
eldanielfire

Post by eldanielfire »

Glaston wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 12:36 pm The answer to "Why" is that we are Brits, so why the F' does anyone care what the Yanks say on their TV?

a)their Media
b)their Politicians

America, American politics and American media is hugely influential on our own and set's an agenda that can have effects world wide. I think there's an Angelo sphere thing too, we follow where America leads culturally. You only have to see how the US election is front page news here to see that. We are conditioned as a society tin that way.

Plus Rogan's podcast is excellent for the most part.
fatcat

Post by fatcat »

There are loads of threads on the first page that I couldn't give a shit about - at least 3 film threads, covid, brexit, women's rugby, Aus, NZ etc. I must admit that I've never considered going on those threads and saying seriously guys who really gives a shit. If you don't give a shit then fuck off and don't give a shit with less fanfare.
Jay Cee Gee

Post by Jay Cee Gee »

eldanielfire wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 5:03 pm

Even CNNs own TV doctor this week had to agree with him that his own network should not have claimed he was taking de-worming tablets,
Well...no.

It's not incorrect to say he was taking de-worming tablets, it's incorrect to say he was taking de-worming tablets meant for livestock. The only approved uses for ivermectin in humans are as an anti-parasitic.

He was taking multiple drugs that would have had zero benefits, so getting all up in arms about the 'horse pill' description is like when Joe Quimby was described as "a illiterate, tax-cheating, wife-swapping, pot-smoking spend-o-Crat" and objected to being called illiterate.
Mick Mannock

Post by Mick Mannock »

CNN described it a horse de-wormer, not a drug that people have been taking for decades as an anti-parasitic.
Zakar

Post by Zakar »

Mick Mannock wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 9:43 pm CNN described it a horse de-wormer, not a drug that people have been taking for decades as an anti-parasitic.
A de wormer is an anti parasitic.
MungoMan

Post by MungoMan »

Zakar wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 9:47 pm
Mick Mannock wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 9:43 pm CNN described it a horse de-wormer, not a drug that people have been taking for decades as an anti-parasitic.
Vermifuge is an excellent word unfairly neglected.
Mick Mannock

Post by Mick Mannock »

They emphasised HORSE de-wormer.

CNN suggested that Roggan was taking an equine preparation.

Actually they were lying.
Zakar

Post by Zakar »

Mick Mannock wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 10:14 pm
They emphasised HORSE de-wormer.

CNN suggested that Roggan was taking an equine preparation.

Actually they were lying.
Ok. More misleading than an out an out light, but clearly an effort to paint taking these dewormers as ridiculous (unessesary IMO, as it is already ridiculous)

Did you get this upset all the times Fox news has mislead in the same way?
Mick Mannock

Post by Mick Mannock »

I expect CNN to lie.

It is problematic but I am not upset.
Zakar

Post by Zakar »

Mick Mannock wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 11:04 pm I expect CNN to lie.

I expect the American 24hr news networks to constantly sensationalise and pander to their core audiences.

I note you avoided my question about Fox.
Masterji

Post by Masterji »

Mick Mannock wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 11:04 pm I expect CNN to lie.

Do Fox lie? Do you lie? I remember you jabbering about the stolen election and quoting Rudi, Sydney Powell and the liar in chief every day. But when I asked you about the Arizona audit done by a Rep group, you shat your pants and ran away.
UncleFB

Post by UncleFB »

Bindi wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 12:05 pm
Harveys wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 11:45 am
eldanielfire wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 12:51 am
Bindi wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 11:27 pm The pandemic has made Rogan far less interesting. Wonder if Spotify are regretting all the cash they splashed. Ratings are apparently well down since be became just another alt-right crank.
How is Rogan alt-right? :lol:
Well Dave Chappelle and Netflix is a hate speech dog whistle now so, you know, makes sense to some I guess.
Loved Chapelle’s latest special.

Doesn’t change the fact Rogan is the American Right’s version of Gweneth Paltrow though.
I thought it was easily the worst of his proper Netflix specials. You could predict his final story from the moment he started telling it. Long parts of it just weren't funny. He's already done the "stuff we can't talk about but here I am talking about it" shtick to good effect so there was no reason for him to do again with reduced returns.

He's still the GOAT though.

On Rogan, I finally saw the clip when he discussed Australia. What a fvcking straight up idiot, a tiny bit of research and he would have realised he was talking bollocks.
ID2

Post by ID2 »

DAC_ wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 11:16 pm CNN knowingly lie, let me repeat that, a major world wide news network knowingly lie - in order to smear and cancel someone and not one of you cowardly motherf*ckers have a problem with that?

What else have they lied about?
There's a story there, but crying that nobody has responded within 10 minutes to your post is just :blush: Especially when there's about 1 American on the bored and you're talking about a 1 month old story that wouldn't make any headlines over here, it makes you look unhinged
Eugenius

Post by Eugenius »

DAC is extremely highly strung .
Mick Mannock

Post by Mick Mannock »

ID2 wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 8:39 am
DAC_ wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 11:16 pm CNN knowingly lie, let me repeat that, a major world wide news network knowingly lie - in order to smear and cancel someone and not one of you cowardly motherf*ckers have a problem with that?

There's a story there, but crying that nobody has responded within 10 minutes to your post is just :blush: Especially when there's about 1 American on the bored and you're talking about a 1 month old story that wouldn't make any headlines over here, it makes you look unhinged
It does not make him look unhinged. It makes those who sneered "horse de-wormer" look foolish.
ID2

Post by ID2 »

Mog The Almighty wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 3:05 pm Rogan is entertaining and charismatic but also a bit of an idiot and at times mind-blowingly gullible.

I agree he is liberal - as in libertarian - but if you're going to plot him on the spectrum of American politics he's way further right than left. I have little doubt he'd genuinely prefer Trump over BIden, for example. He talks loads of shit about the American left and most of it only has grains of truth attached. He's nowhere even close to that cynical and critical of the American right.

That all said, I think he's got a totally valid point about Ivermectin. But he's really just towing a typical rightish anti-vaxxer line (no matter how many times he repeatedly denies that he is one). It makes no coherent logical sense at all that he's perfectly willing to throw the kitchen sink cocktail of drugs at it when he gets covid, many of them unproven, yet he's super highly critical of a different medication - vaccines. It doesn't have to be either-or. But he makes it that along ideological lines, not rational scientific ones.

Image all the side effects that would be reported if you gave 6 billion people the amount of drugs he took for covid. I'm sure it would be much worse than the vaccines. Even if it was still very rare.

And him recovering fairly quickly means fudge all. I got covid and handled it waaaaay better than Rogan did. I basically felt a bit tired for a single day. I was doing heavy squats when I got notified I was positive. I didn't take shit. Not even paracetamol. So his anecdotal story about recovering means nothing.

But then again we are talking about a guy who has indulged in many ridiculous conspiracy theories including believing a few grainy blobs that have been convincingly explained as mundane nothings are actually alien space ships doing acrobatic shows for the US Navy.

Entertaining, yeah. Cool guy, yeah. But take his advice on anything at all barring maybe MMA or comedy at your own risk.
I think the combination of covid and moving to Texas and surrounding himself with the right wingers there has sent him more to the right than ever. He has the blinders on when it comes to anything covid and has pretty much been anti-mask and anti-vax. Hypocritical too considering he was apparently getting everyone tested and in his own words 'threw the kitchen sink at it' when he got covid and spent who knows how much on experimental treatments. He'll lap up anecdotal reports of people having an adverse reaction to the vaccine and ignore all those he knows who've had a tough time with covid. He's always been more right wing sympathetic despite holding some traditionally left wing views. I used to be a fairly regular listener but the constant shoehorning of covid into everything means I rarely listen now unless there's a particularly interesting guest. From what I can tell he got upset that he couldn't perform comedy and there was no way back from that. Not sure when I switched off but listening to him try to argue that standup comedians should be considered essential workers (and clubs reopened) because people need to laugh was up there
C69

Post by C69 »

Mick Mannock wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 8:58 am

It does not make him look unhinged. It makes those who sneered "horse de-wormer" look foolish.
It's a bit of both tbh.
The preoccupation of the neck beards on here with the USA and actually calling the Democrats left wing is rather stupid imltho.
Thomas

Post by Thomas »

Imagine thinking Democrats are "left wing" :lol:
MungoMan

Post by MungoMan »

Thomas wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 9:49 am Imagine thinking Democrats are "left wing" :lol:
I've never, ever been able to reconcile that with what 'left wing' typically means in parliamentary democracies that aren't the USA.
Mick Mannock

Post by Mick Mannock »

Nice deflection.

CNN lied. People were happy to propagate that lie on here.
message #2527204

Post by message #2527204 »

Mick Mannock wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 10:22 am Nice deflection.

Noone watches CNN on here.
Lots seem to think American bollocks 3rd world politics is important though.
AND-y

Post by AND-y »

Great thread, almost peak pr!
MungoMan

Post by MungoMan »

message #2527204 wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 10:25 am

Noone watches CNN on here.
Lots seem to think American bollocks 3rd world politics is important though.
Nail on head. WGAF about CNN and WTF is 'Invermectin' would be the typical response here in Straya.

I struggle to give a rat's arse about merkan politics and it irks me when folks assume I have to take this or that stance because they are fascinated by it.

Trump is a good example. I thought it amusing when the silly fat cúnt won because I found Hilarious Cluntox utterly repugnant, yet there were those who assumed I must have been outraged because I'm a left-winger.

Which I am.

And which is one reason I found - and find - HC to be cancer on a stick.
Anonymous 1

Post by Anonymous 1 »

Must have missed that :lol:
Zakar

Post by Zakar »

You spent three months propagating lies about voter fraud, so don't mind us if we don't give a shit what you find problematic.
MungoMan

Post by MungoMan »

Zakar wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 11:29 am

You spent three months propagating lies about voter fraud, so don't mind us if we don't give a shit what you find problematic.
Cruel but fair :thumbup:
Mog The Almighty

Post by Mog The Almighty »

ID2 wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 9:04 am
Mog The Almighty wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 3:05 pm Rogan is entertaining and charismatic but also a bit of an idiot and at times mind-blowingly gullible.

I think the combination of covid and moving to Texas and surrounding himself with the right wingers there has sent him more to the right than ever. He has the blinders on when it comes to anything covid and has pretty much been anti-mask and anti-vax. Hypocritical too considering he was apparently getting everyone tested and in his own words 'threw the kitchen sink at it' when he got covid and spent who knows how much on experimental treatments. He'll lap up anecdotal reports of people having an adverse reaction to the vaccine and ignore all those he knows who've had a tough time with covid. He's always been more right wing sympathetic despite holding some traditionally left wing views. I used to be a fairly regular listener but the constant shoehorning of covid into everything means I rarely listen now unless there's a particularly interesting guest. From what I can tell he got upset that he couldn't perform comedy and there was no way back from that. Not sure when I switched off but listening to him try to argue that standup comedians should be considered essential workers (and clubs reopened) because people need to laugh was up there
Yeah, I used to really like him. I still listen to him to kill time, but it's getting more grating and annoying than ever before.

Firstly, he's not really getting scientists on any more. And when he does he argues with them unless they're telling him exactly what he already wants to hear. Heather and Brett Weinstien barely count. Yes, they are legit scientists, but they've downed the cool-aid on this issue. Rogan presents them as if they're the only ones making any sense, when in reality they're fringe outliers who are being torn apart by their peers. Sam Harris' take-down of their nonsense was particularly brutal.

I really lost a lot of respect for Rogan when he started going cuckoo about aliens. He demonstrated the rational, critical thinking ability of a five year old. And blasted this ridiculously moronic nonsense out to his millions of followers ... most of whom seem to be extremely gullible themselves. His views on covid are roughly in line with his views on aliens: they barely even make coherent sense.
mr flaps

Post by mr flaps »

C69 wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 9:15 am
Mick Mannock wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 8:58 am

It's a bit of both tbh.
The preoccupation of the neck beards on here with the USA and actually calling the Democrats left wing is rather stupid imltho.
As a Doctor yourself would you prescribe Ivermectin?