Don't believe in COVID? Opt out of the health system

All things Rugby
Mog The Almighty

Re: Don't believe in COVID? Opt out of the health system

Post by Mog The Almighty »

guy smiley wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 6:55 am So says the head of the AMA (Aus Medical Association) Victoria...
The AMA Victoria president, Dr Roderick McRae, said those who do not believe Covid-19 is real or a threat should update their advanced care directives and inform their relatives that they do not wish to receive care in the public health system if diagnosed with the virus.
But McRae, who is an intensive care physician and an anaesthetist, said health care workers were fatigued from lockdowns, Covid-19 outbreaks, and pressures on the health system, including staff shortages that existed before the pandemic.

“Within the public hospitals, the knees are knocking as restrictions ease, because the situation is stressed to the point that tents are going up outside of the public hospitals to facilitate the removal of ill patients from ambulances, so those ambulances can go and get the next patient,” he said.

Health workers would also be grappling in coming months with a backlog of patients who had been forced to delay their elective surgery because private hospitals and staff were being redirected to treat Covid patients.

“So these patients continue to suffer some pain or disability for a longer period of time, and they’re often patients who’ve been double vaccinated, they’re elderly, and they’ve done everything right, but their knee replacement is being delayed and the public hospital waiting lists are growing,” McRae said.

“We’re all juggling everything the best we can to avoid and prevent deaths. We know as we reopen it’s the unvaccinated who are going to get Covid, and they are going to get great hospital treatment with many new experimental drugs, even though they think the vaccine is ‘experimental’.

“A whole lot of these people are passionate disbelievers that the virus even exists. And they should notify their nearest and dearest and ensure there’s an advanced care directive that says, ‘If I am diagnosed with this disease caused by a virus that I don’t believe exists, I will not disturb the public hospital system, and I’ll let nature run its course’.”
:|

Sounds pretty f-cking dumb if you ask me.

This whole thing is way to politicized and ideologically-based.

I don't think there's almost anyone at all who "doesn't believe in COVID". There are a lot of people - although somewhat a minority - who believe that various actions and laws are over-the-top and they'd prefer to take their chances.

That doesn't mean they think it doesn't exist. It doesn't mean they think it's impossible they could get sick. It's like crossing the road. You believe cars exist. You believe it would be bad if one hit you. But you'd rather take your chances rather than be so tightly controlled.

Also, I'm not saying I even agree with those people. Just I get their side of the argument, and it's not what is being outlined there.
Grandpa

Post by Grandpa »

Mog The Almighty wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 2:02 pm

I don't think there's almost anyone at all who "doesn't believe in COVID".
Oh there is.. I know some people personally that think Covid is a hoax invented to unseat Trump...
Mick Mannock

Post by Mick Mannock »

Grandpa wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 2:21 pm

Oh there is.. I know some people personally that think Covid is a hoax invented to unseat Trump...
Anecdote alert
feckwanker

Post by feckwanker »

Mick Mannock wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 2:40 pm

Anecdote alert
How's your 'friend' and the other 9 guys getting on?
TheFrog

Post by TheFrog »

feckwanker wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 3:57 pm
Mick Mannock wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 2:40 pm

Anecdote alert
How's your 'friend' and the other 9 guys getting on?
Feeding the Kracken.
canuckles

Post by canuckles »

The CMO of Alberta had to retract a COVID announced death last week. She announced a young man, 14 years old, was the youngest COVID death in the province. The boy's family came out publicly and said their son/brother died of brain cancer (he had stage 4) and not COVID. I believe in Alberta if COVID is not the primary condition it is still announced as a COVID death. I am unsure how the statistics are calculated in other provinces or in other countries. Having the province's chief doctor lie to the public is not easing the tensions out here.
guy smiley

Post by guy smiley »

Health professionals within Victoria and across Australia have reported treating seriously ill people who are still arguing that Covid is a hoax as they are prepped for ventilation, gasping for breath as they puff out their denials.
TheFrog

Post by TheFrog »

canuckles wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 6:39 pm The CMO of Alberta had to retract a COVID announced death last week. She announced a young man, 14 years old, was the youngest COVID death in the province. The boy's family came out publicly and said their son/brother died of brain cancer (he had stage 4) and not COVID. I believe in Alberta if COVID is not the primary condition it is still announced as a COVID death. I am unsure how the statistics are calculated in other provinces or in other countries. Having the province's chief doctor lie to the public is not easing the tensions out here.
I am sure the data are not 100% accurate. What is their actual disconnection from reality is hard to say but I'd doubt that it is more than 10%

What the chief doctor lying (strong accusation) or just reacting to an information received through internal channel and going public without having double checked the data?
mr bungle

Post by mr bungle »

guy smiley wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 6:55 am So says the head of the AMA (Aus Medical Association) Victoria...
The AMA Victoria president, Dr Roderick McRae, said those who do not believe Covid-19 is real or a threat should update their advanced care directives and inform their relatives that they do not wish to receive care in the public health system if diagnosed with the virus.
But McRae, who is an intensive care physician and an anaesthetist, said health care workers were fatigued from lockdowns, Covid-19 outbreaks, and pressures on the health system, including staff shortages that existed before the pandemic.

“Within the public hospitals, the knees are knocking as restrictions ease, because the situation is stressed to the point that tents are going up outside of the public hospitals to facilitate the removal of ill patients from ambulances, so those ambulances can go and get the next patient,” he said.

Health workers would also be grappling in coming months with a backlog of patients who had been forced to delay their elective surgery because private hospitals and staff were being redirected to treat Covid patients.

“So these patients continue to suffer some pain or disability for a longer period of time, and they’re often patients who’ve been double vaccinated, they’re elderly, and they’ve done everything right, but their knee replacement is being delayed and the public hospital waiting lists are growing,” McRae said.

“We’re all juggling everything the best we can to avoid and prevent deaths. We know as we reopen it’s the unvaccinated who are going to get Covid, and they are going to get great hospital treatment with many new experimental drugs, even though they think the vaccine is ‘experimental’.

“A whole lot of these people are passionate disbelievers that the virus even exists. And they should notify their nearest and dearest and ensure there’s an advanced care directive that says, ‘If I am diagnosed with this disease caused by a virus that I don’t believe exists, I will not disturb the public hospital system, and I’ll let nature run its course’.”

I don't think there's almost anyone at all who "doesn't believe in COVID". There are a lot of people - although somewhat a minority - who believe that various actions and laws are over-the-top and they'd prefer to take their chances.

That doesn't mean they think it doesn't exist. It doesn't mean they think it's impossible they could get sick. It's like crossing the road. You believe cars exist. You believe it would be bad if one hit you. But you'd rather take your chances rather than be so tightly controlled.

Also, I'm not saying I even agree with those people. Just I get their side of the argument, and it's not what is being outlined there.
I met a lady 2 days ago.

Works in a haematology laboratory at local hospital
Doesnt think COVID is real.
Just a bad flu.
COVID has never been isolated.
PCR tests cannot work and thus are fake.
Lots of post vaccine deaths.
All about control and depopulation.
Bill Gates and Anthony Fauci are heading up this front.

She confirmed the vaccine definitely features aborted human and monkey foetuses.

I learnt so much.
canuckles

Post by canuckles »

TheFrog wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 6:59 pm
canuckles wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 6:39 pm The CMO of Alberta had to retract a COVID announced death last week. She announced a young man, 14 years old, was the youngest COVID death in the province. The boy's family came out publicly and said their son/brother died of brain cancer (he had stage 4) and not COVID. I believe in Alberta if COVID is not the primary condition it is still announced as a COVID death. I am unsure how the statistics are calculated in other provinces or in other countries. Having the province's chief doctor lie to the public is not easing the tensions out here.
I am sure the data are not 100% accurate. What is their actual disconnection from reality is hard to say but I'd doubt that it is more than 10%

What the chief doctor lying (strong accusation) or just reacting to an information received through internal channel and going public without having double checked the data?
I called it a lie because I did not want to call it a piece of BS (which to me is worse). The doctor gives a press conference every week on the stats. She has now announced it was not a COVID death and her office will no longer announce COVID deaths for those under the age of 18. Her office is in full retreat and it has added to the level of mistrust between the public (segments of it) and the government, which in Alberta is always quite high. I did not know about this issue until one of my customers (who works in the medical field) told me. I deal with many (doctors, nurses, morticians) in the field, and some of them have told me they do not believe in the government stats. It is strange out here, as if we are in a Kafkaesque novel.
Anonymous 1

Post by Anonymous 1 »

guy smiley wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 6:53 pm

Health professionals within Victoria and across Australia have reported treating seriously ill people who are still arguing that Covid is a hoax as they are prepped for ventilation, gasping for breath as they puff out their denials.
Did one of them call Mick ?
msp.

Post by msp. »

guy smiley wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 6:53 pm

I do know one guy, had symptoms went to a funeral, infected many of his family, ended up in hospital, was tested regularly, all positive except one test that came back "inconclusive", he now announces that he did not have covid it was something else, tests are all inaccurate. - All because of the inconclusive test,,
Enzedder
Location: End of the road, turn right and first house on the left

Post by Enzedder »

Anonymous 1 wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 1:21 pm
bimboman wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 2:26 pm
Anonymous 1 wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 2:09 pm The amount of cases has almost quadrupled in the last few weeks. We know previously there has been a lagging increase in both hospitalisations and deaths.
Cases have been static for a week now. We know the lag is about 2 weeks, hospitalisation has remained static for the last week.

Deaths are falling,

You’re an idiot.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Oh dear, caught bullshitting again. What a frigging twat you are Bimboboy.
Enzedder

Post by Enzedder »

mr bungle wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 7:30 pm

I met a lady 2 days ago.

Just a bad flu.

She confirmed the vaccine definitely features aborted human and monkey foetuses.

I learnt so much.
Please Mr Darwin - this one is worthy.
Mick Mannock

Post by Mick Mannock »

mr bungle wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 7:30 pm

I met a lady 2 days ago.

Just a bad flu.

I learnt so much.
Wonderful anecdote
guy smiley

Post by guy smiley »

Mick Mannock wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 9:18 pm
Wonderful anecdote
Compared to yours of course, it doesn't scream bullshitter.
Mick Mannock

Post by Mick Mannock »

guy smiley wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 9:22 pm
Mick Mannock wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 9:18 pm
Wonderful anecdote
Compared to yours of course, it doesn't scream bullshitter.
I did not say it was bullshit.

I am not a turd like you.
Winnie

Post by Winnie »

Anonymous 1 wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 7:05 am We've got rid of our restrictions in the UK and deaths are steadily climbing. I know we had 200 on Tuesday. It's still nowhere near the 1000 plus we had at the worst times but winter is coming.
As is the flu
bimboman

Post by bimboman »

Enzedder wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 9:02 pm
Anonymous 1 wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 1:21 pm
bimboman wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 2:26 pm
Anonymous 1 wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 2:09 pm The amount of cases has almost quadrupled in the last few weeks. We know previously there has been a lagging increase in both hospitalisations and deaths.
Cases have been static for a week now. We know the lag is about 2 weeks, hospitalisation has remained static for the last week.

Deaths are falling,

You’re an idiot.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Oh dear, caught bullshitting again. What a frigging twat you are Bimboboy.

It was 115 deaths today, by your and Anons reckoning we can all relax again.
Rugby2023

Post by Rugby2023 »

bimboman wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 7:38 am
Anonymous 1 wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 7:05 am We've got rid of our restrictions in the UK and deaths are steadily climbing. I know we had 200 on Tuesday. It's still nowhere near the 1000 plus we had at the worst times but winter is coming.

Deaths are pretty much static. Sadly those dying are unvaccinated and old and Ill.

Restrictions kill also.

As for the Aussies clapping this 👍 you generally deserve what’s coming down the line.
According to PHE data, the heavy majority of UK deaths from covid since February are actually double-vaccinated.
Farva

Post by Farva »

I was casually chatting with 10 people in hospital the other day suffering from Covid pneumonia. 9 believed in Covid and one didnt.
Just goes to show...
Thomas

Post by Thomas »

Farva wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 10:39 pm I was casually chatting with 10 people in hospital the other day suffering from Covid pneumonia. 9 believed in Covid and one didnt.
Just goes to show...
:lol:
Grandpa

Post by Grandpa »

Rugby2023 wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 10:10 pm

Deaths are pretty much static. Sadly those dying are unvaccinated and old and Ill.

Restrictions kill also.

As for the Aussies clapping this 👍 you generally deserve what’s coming down the line.
According to PHE data, the heavy majority of UK deaths from covid since February are actually double-vaccinated.
This data?

sorCrer

Post by sorCrer »

Grandpa wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 10:53 pm

Restrictions kill also.

This data?

Please post source.
Grandpa

Post by Grandpa »

sorCrer wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 11:19 pm

Restrictions kill also.

This data?

Please post source.
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2021/0 ... -says-ons/
Enzedder

Post by Enzedder »

Were the rest fully vaxxed unhealthy people?
Clogs

Post by Clogs »

What a truly terrible idea.
Rugby2023

Post by Rugby2023 »

Restrictions kill also.

This data?
Actual Public Health England (PHE) data.

There were 2,542 deaths in England from the dominant delta variant between 1st February-12 September, and of those deaths 1,613 (63%) were double-vaccinated, 722 (28%) were unvaccinated and 166 (11%) were single-vaccinated.

Pages 19-20 in the link below.
https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... _09_16.pdf

Last edited by Rugby2023 on Fri Oct 22, 2021 4:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Zico

Post by Zico »

Rugby2023 wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 3:27 am

Restrictions kill also.

This data?

There were 2,542 deaths in England from the dominant delta variant between 1st February-12 September, and of those deaths 1,613 (63%) were double-vaccinated, 722 (28%) were unvaccinated and 166 (11%) were single-vaccinated.

In 100% of motorcycle road deaths last year the rider was wearing a helmet.

Is this because:

a) a high % of motorcyclists on the road wear helmets.
b) helmets are ineffective at preventing deaths.
c) the helmets are killing motorcyclists.

The Big Helmet industry is hiding the truth.
Grandpa

Post by Grandpa »

Rugby2023 wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 3:27 am

Restrictions kill also.

This data?

So you are talking about the Delta variant only... and even then quite a small sample size for this study including only patients who presented for emergency care*... compared to the overall deaths (over 50,000) since the start of the year?

*"Information on attendance to emergency care is derived from the Emergency Care Data
Set (ECDS), provided by NHS Digital. These data only show whether a case has attended
emergency care at an NHS hospital and was subsequently admitted as an inpatient. The
data does not include cases who were directly admitted without first presenting to
emergency care".