Anonymous 1

Re: **OFFICIAL** English Rugby Thread

Post by Anonymous 1 »

Rugby2023 wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 8:17 pm
SaintK wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 4:47 pm LC-D out with ankle damage
George in as replacement!!!
SaintK wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 5:31 pm ........and Watson out with ruptured ACL
Unlucky bastard!
Not the worst two injuries to sustain squad-wise. LCD is a loss but it's softened to a degree by George's form. Some are suggesting Radwan will start in place of Watson, Marchant has been called up.
Poor Smith. he has Marchant in the squad but knows he will be playing with Farrell
SaintK

Post by SaintK »

DragsterDriver wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 1:55 pm Ewels is a Poundshop Kruis. I don’t think Isiekwe was capped too soon, he just played horrendously.

What’s the chat on Ashton and Garvey having a big tear up?
Go on. Not read anything anywhere
DragsterDriver

Post by DragsterDriver »

SaintK wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 3:41 pm
DragsterDriver wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 1:55 pm Ewels is a Poundshop Kruis. I don’t think Isiekwe was capped too soon, he just played horrendously.

Big (BIG) punch up apparently- Ashton at fault. Not seen anything and I wasn’t listening properly last night like a plum- post game beers :o
message #2527204

Post by message #2527204 »

DragsterDriver wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 4:18 pm

Big (BIG) punch up apparently- Ashton at fault. Not seen anything and I wasn’t listening properly last night like a plum- post game beers :o
Garvey's from Thurrock RUFC isn't he? I heard they're pretty tough.
Rugby2023

Post by Rugby2023 »

Can't imagine Ashton being actively involved in a "big punch-up", getting thumped? yes.
SaintK

Post by SaintK »

DragsterDriver wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 4:18 pm

Only one winner there and it aint Ashton :lol:
DragsterDriver

Post by DragsterDriver »

Rugby2023 wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 9:37 pm Can't imagine Ashton being actively involved in a "big punch-up", getting thumped? yes.
It’s easy to start a fight and come second :P
Petros

Post by Petros »

Lucky for Worcester there is no relegation this season. Thumped at home last week, smashed at Northampton last night
DragsterDriver

Post by DragsterDriver »

JT is an appalling coach, they’re missing key players but he’s recruited badly and their defensive organisation is pub level.
Jensrsa

Post by Jensrsa »

Petros wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 7:45 am Lucky for Worcester there is no relegation this season. Thumped at home last week, smashed at Northampton last night
I'm glad to see Courtnall Skosan got off to a good start overseas
SaintK

Post by SaintK »

Jensrsa wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 10:51 am
Petros wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 7:45 am Lucky for Worcester there is no relegation this season. Thumped at home last week, smashed at Northampton last night
Yep, 3 tries on debut, one of them a cracking individual finish in the air!!!
eldanielfire

Post by eldanielfire »

blindcider wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 12:49 pm People have selective memories on here. Youngs was probably Englands best player in last years 6N and it certainly was the least of the problem positions.

The issues were at 10/12 where Farrell doesn't have the ability to set the backs loose, at 15 where the Daly experiment was going on and in the forwards where they weren't as good or as fit as they thought they were. Hamstrung by a kick it to the opposition and defend like hell strategy and the same old inability to adapt to the ref.

I'm not saying its not time for a change or at least to blood some replacements at 9 but change the record you clowns
I agree. I'll also add England had this very weird idea of using an inexperienced Sevens attack coach, whose ideas seem to translate to just move the ball very quickly side to side. Largely due to XVs not having all the 7's space I think.

I think a part of England's issue is Eddie Jones and Farrell. Jones demand's absolute control makes England clueless when things don't go to plan and Farrell can only do what the coaches say with his limited ability to open or use the little gaps of space.

A good quote I heard about the legendary Basketball coach Phill Jackson and his triangular attack system, was it worked with Jordan and Kobe so well because they led their teams and knew exactly when to take over an gap when it wasn't working. Success should have a bit of both. Coaches providing the tactical game plan and techniques required to won, but in a way and and with players who know when and how to use them and can go off script if that is what is really needed.
message #2527204

eldanielfire wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 12:31 pm
blindcider wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 12:49 pm People have selective memories on here. Youngs was probably Englands best player in last years 6N and it certainly was the least of the problem positions.

The issues were at 10/12 where Farrell doesn't have the ability to set the backs loose, at 15 where the Daly experiment was going on and in the forwards where they weren't as good or as fit as they thought they were. Hamstrung by a kick it to the opposition and defend like hell strategy and the same old inability to adapt to the ref.

I'm not saying its not time for a change or at least to blood some replacements at 9 but change the record you clowns
I agree. I'll also add England had this very weird idea of using an inexperienced Sevens attack coach, whose ideas seem to translate to just move the ball very quickly side to side. Largely due to XVs not having all the 7's space I think.

I think a part of England's issue is Eddie Jones and Farrell. Jones demand's absolute control makes England clueless when things don't go to plan and Farrell can only do what the coaches say with his limited ability to open or use the little gaps of space.

A good quote I heard about the legendary Basketball coach Phill Jackson and his triangular attack system, was it worked with Jordan and Kobe so well because they led their teams and knew exactly when to take over an gap when it wasn't working. Success should have a bit of both. Coaches providing the tactical game plan and techniques required to won, but in a way and and with players who know when and how to use them and can go off script if that is what is really needed.
They thrashed Australia, thrashed the AB a week later and got to a RWC final... three SH teams in a fortnight being one step too far. Both of these with EJ and Farrell.
ChipSpike

Post by ChipSpike »

its so painful watching Farrell play when plan A fails. But generally it doesn't fail, so we are stuck with him. Jones needs a new directive from the RFU to change his priority from win at all cost.
message #2527204

ChipSpike wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 12:41 pm

its so painful watching Farrell play when plan A fails. But generally it doesn't fail, so we are stuck with him. Jones needs a new directive from the RFU to change his priority from win at all cost.
Job description is to win the world cup.
ChipSpike

Post by ChipSpike »

Good start from Irish, but sloppy defending from Exeter
Anonymous 1

Post by Anonymous 1 »

ChipSpike wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 3:06 pm Good start from Irish, but sloppy defending from Exeter
http://air.freestreams-live1.com/bt-sport-3-uk/
ChipSpike

Post by ChipSpike »

good game this
danny_fitz

Post by danny_fitz »

ChipSpike wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 3:31 pm good game this
Yup, Irish defence piss poor for Exeter's second try though.
ChipSpike

Post by ChipSpike »

Like Irish going for the tries rather than pens
Mick Mannock

Post by Mick Mannock »

Outstanding try
danny_fitz

Post by danny_fitz »

Irish defensive turnovers have been superb.
ChipSpike

Post by ChipSpike »

exeter not out of it yet, typical gutsy try from nowle
danny_fitz

Post by danny_fitz »

ChipSpike wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 4:35 pm exeter not out of it yet, typical gutsy try from nowle
He is so hard to put down
Dobbin

Post by Dobbin »

That was great from Irish. The league is really competitive this season, a couple of clubs excepted.
danny_fitz

Post by danny_fitz »

Dobbin wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 4:51 pm That was great from Irish. The league is really competitive this season, a couple of clubs excepted.
Irish have been threatening to 'come good' for a while, one or two things needed to click, which seemed to happen today. They have been infuriating to watch the last month though.
ChipSpike

Post by ChipSpike »

Liking the prem this season, teams are all putting attack first in the games I've seen. Very enjoyable.
Margin_Walker

Post by Margin_Walker »

We've actually been playing okay this season. Doesn't count for much unless you pick up a win or two, so that was a big one today. Cracking performance
Margin_Walker

Post by Margin_Walker »

danny_fitz wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 4:53 pm
Dobbin wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 4:51 pm That was great from Irish. The league is really competitive this season, a couple of clubs excepted.
Irish have been threatening to 'come good' for a while, one or two things needed to click, which seemed to happen today. They have been infuriating to watch the last month though.
It's been pure torture this season. It was easier in the relegation seasons when we were just crap
Dobbin

Post by Dobbin »

danny_fitz wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 4:53 pm
Yeah, frustrating for a supporter I'm sure but they're a great watch for the neutral
DragsterDriver

Post by DragsterDriver »

Irish great value for their win!
ChipSpike

Post by ChipSpike »

DragsterDriver wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 5:04 pm Irish great value for their win!
They were, disciplined and carrying serious heft up front.
eldanielfire

Post by eldanielfire »

message #2527204 wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 12:40 pm

They thrashed Australia, thrashed the AB a week later and got to a RWC final... three SH teams in a fortnight being one step too far. Both of these with EJ and Farrell.
And then exposed as no plan B against South Africa. The RWC was perfect Eddie Jones. He knew who to prepare for and had a game plan for every team that was perfect, but it didn't work against South Africa and Farrell was exposed as being unable to defend or spark an attack when needed.
Mick Mannock

Post by Mick Mannock »

ChipSpike wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 5:39 pm
DragsterDriver wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 5:04 pm Irish great value for their win!
They were, disciplined and carrying serious heft up front.
And a pair of excellent wingers.
eldanielfire

Post by eldanielfire »

Generally? Under Jones England had great or utterly record poor seasons. 2018 and 2021 can't under any circumstances be regarded and rare fails with worst 6 Nations performances here.

It's fine to lose to a good South Africa side, but it was glaring that Jones hadn't prepared for Rassies Saffer resurgence and that Farrell can do sweet FA. It was embarrassing seeing him try to spark an attack when Ford went off.

It should be noted how Jones never really resolved the issue that when England go behind by the 2nd half they are unable to mount a comeback. This issue predates Jones and has been symptomatic of Farrell's entire England career.
ChipSpike

Post by ChipSpike »

eldanielfire wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 6:34 pm
Generally? Under Jones England had great or utterly record poor seasons. 2018 and 2021 can't under any circumstances be regarded and rare fails with worst 6 Nations performances here.

It's fine to lose to a good South Africa side, but it was glaring that Jones hadn't prepared for Rassies Saffer resurgence and that Farrell can do sweet FA. It was embarrassing seeing him try to spark an attack when Ford went off.

It should be noted how Jones never really resolved the issue that when England go behind by the 2nd half they are unable to mount a comeback. This issue predates Jones and has been symptomatic of Farrell's entire England career.
Thats because when Farrell sees plan A not working, he's so pig headed or obstinate he thinks if we do plan A harder it will work. I'm not in favour of this type of captain to be clear.

Edit: EJ will point to his win percentage as England being the best, at 78%.
Last edited by ChipSpike on Sat Oct 23, 2021 7:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Quins89

Post by Quins89 »

Margin_Walker wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 4:54 pm We've actually been playing okay this season. Doesn't count for much unless you pick up a win or two, so that was a big one today. Cracking performance
Quality quality display from you guys today margin.
Jensrsa

Post by Jensrsa »

SaintK wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 10:55 am
Jensrsa wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 10:51 am
Yep, 3 tries on debut, one of them a cracking individual finish in the air!!!
As I told you on the transfer thread, give him the ball and a bit of space and he will score tries, although these were relatively easy tries
eldanielfire

Post by eldanielfire »

ChipSpike wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 6:49 pm

Thats because when Farrell sees plan A not working, he's so pig headed or obstinate he thinks if we do plan A harder it will work. I'm not in favour of this type of captain to be clear.

Edit: EJ will point to his win percentage as England being the best, at 78%.
I think Eddie Jones is a brilliant coach, but a flawed one.
message #2527204

Are we talking about the same Farrell?